𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣π•₯ 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕖...

By PvrkAccioSan

𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 π–˜π–œπ–”π–—π–“ 𝖙𝖔 π–™π–π–Š π•±π–†π–Š π––π–šπ–Šπ–Šπ–“ π•Έπ–†π–Šπ–›π–Š, π–˜π–Žπ–˜π–™π–Šπ–— 𝖙𝖔 π–™π–π–Š π–‘π–Žπ–”π–“. 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖒�... More

πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™°πš›πš 𝚘𝚏 πš†πš˜πš›πšπšœ
πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™ΏπšŽπš›πšœπšžπšŠπšœπš’πš˜πš— 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 πš‚πš πš˜πš›πš
π™²πš›πš’πš–πšŽπšœ π™Ύπš πš†πš‘πšŠπš'𝚜 πšπš’πšπš‘πš
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš†πš’πš•πš•πšœ 𝚘𝚏 π™»πš˜πšŸπšŽ
𝙰 π™Ώπš˜πš πšŽπš› 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 π™³πšŽπšŒπšŠπšπšŽ
π™Ίπš—πš˜πš πš— π™°πš•πš• π™°πš•πš˜πš—πš
𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 πšπš‘πšŽ π™»πš’πš—πšŽ
π™°πš›πš›πš’πšŸπšŠπš• π™ΏπšŠπš›πšŠπšπšŽ
𝙰 π™Ώπš˜πš πšŽπš›πšœ πš‚πšŠπšŒπš›πš’πšπš’πšŒπšŽ
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš„πš—πšŽπš‘πš™πšŽπšŒπšπšŽπš π™°πš›πš›πš’πšŸπšŠπš•
πš†πš‘πš˜'𝚜 πšπš‘πšŽ π™»πš’πšŠπš› π™½πš˜πš 
π™Ώπš›πš˜πšπšŽπšŒπšπš’πš˜πš— 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ π™Ώπš›πš’πšπšŽ
π™΅πšŠπš–πš’πš•πš’ πšπšŽπšžπš—πš’πš˜πš—
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš…πš˜πš  𝚘𝚏 πš†πšŠπšπšŽπš›
πšƒπš‘πš’πšŽπš πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽ π™Όπš’πšœπš
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš†πš’πšπšŒπš‘ πš†πš‘πš˜ πš†πšŠπšœ
πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Άπš˜πš•πšπšŽπš— π™³πšŽπšŠπšπš‘
𝙰 π™½πš’πšπš‘πš 𝚝𝚘 πšπšŽπš–πšŽπš–πš‹πšŽπš›
πš†πš‘πš˜ πšπšžπš—πšœ 𝚊 π™Ώπš›πš’πšπšŽ
Fight of Claws and Daggers
Memory From The Ashes
Bridges Must Burn
Lies born from Truths.
Blackmail it shall be
The Cost of Loyalty
To Ignite the Kingdom of Ash
Song of the Seductress
Souls be Damned
Hearts Be Sold
Day for the Dead

The Plantation of Bombs

374 10 25
By PvrkAccioSan

Brielle's chest heaved against the breathes she fought to draw into her lungs. The air burning her throat, a scratching that even coughing wouldn't help

She couldn't move, couldn't force her muscles into action. The room around them was warm, a small candle light illuminating the office from across the room she could just see it flicker in response to the power that weaved through the air. 

There was soft footsteps in the rug nearby, her ear twitched at the noise, the male walked straight past her, she tracked his movements, the male stopping beside another body meters from where her own lay.

A female she knew. A mewled sob built at the back of her throat, the wooden floor biting into the back of her head. The cold air billowing across the bare skin on her legs, the blue dress she wore laying up around her waistline. Her finger twitched to draw the skirt back down, 

She cried out in frustration when once again there was no movement anywhere below her shoulders. She craned her neck back an inch to look for the male, he was positioned in the corner of her vision, knelt above the other female, her own body deathly still, perhaps paralysed with apprehension, just as Brielle's had been.

She could think of nothing else, feel nothing. Watching as the male hovered above the female, her head dropped against the carpet, head lulled to the side, facing Brielle now.

The face of a sister, a friend. A tear raced down her face, Brielle could sense the noise of the words trying to build in her, tongue tingling in her mouth but the words did not come easy. She felt her magic rising,

Almost cried to happiness as she felt its warming comfort encase her, filling the blood inside her, imbuing it with power. The magic swirled pooling behind an invisible wall, blocking her out.

The male leaned closer to the female, did not stop, did not acknowledge the mumbled sounds coming from the other in the room, Brielle watched her friend, watched the light within her fade. Felt the cord of her magic tightening, until the physical pain was all she could sense, the roaring building against her skull.

No

No

No 

Brielle jolted up on the bed, hand clamping the neckline of Fenrys's shirt, which she had snuck into his room to get. The layer of sweat coating her skin, it felt like a cracked layer of mud, the urge to itch the scars littering her legs, back and arms.

The air curled itself in her throat, burning the inner flesh. Moving from the bed, she threw the blankets off her legs, reaching for the bucket beside her. The bile burned a roaring heat in her throat as she threw up. Continued to do so until she had nothing left in her to release.

It had been a little under a week since she convinced Lord Barrow to submit his men to Maeve, along with the agreement they answered to her. The Lioness of the Pride. She inhaled deeply through her nose, Maeve had her repeat the process three more times. Three other lords, who all had something the Queen wanted. Using the Seductress to wield herself against them, Brielle did the same thing with them as she did with Kane Barrow. Only one of the other three refused her. 

Moving across the room, Brielle pulled some clothes onto her stiffening body, muscle and mind aching from the memories that hounded her down whilst she slept every time her eyes closed. It was maddening, like somehow being caged once more resurfaced the root of all the pain.

She quickly gathered up her knives, tucking them into their individual straps along the harness wrapping her torso. Leaving the room quickly, Brielle marched through the halls of Doranelle's fortress. She needed to leave, to get out for a while. The night was giving way to the early morning lights, the perfect time to train and regain some of her lost muscles, from the time below the stone castle, with Cairn at the end of every torment. Her slowly healing scars stretched and ached at the thought, she gripped a dagger tighter, it had become a habit to always have one concealed in the tight ball of her fist. 

Uncertainty always led to drastic measures to preserve life. A caged animals would go to great lengths to ensure its own survival, A Lioness was no different.

Brielle heaved open the double doors, which stood like pillars at the palace entrance. Scaling down the steps, Brielle moved through the city with ease, taking place on the rooftops and rafters of buildings to avoid any distractions, she needed to get to the outer walls of the city.

It had been on her visit to the second Lord that had given her the knowledge, that Maeve had gathered her army just at the perimeter of the city walls. A gathering so large, Brielle was amazed she hadn't noticed it sooner.

The sun was cresting the edges of the horizon by the time she reached the outer camps. Guarding fae warriors watched her walk past, Brielle had been out of Cairn's hold long enough now to know what Maeve's warriors knew and therefore what they didn't in regards to Aelin's slowly forming court. A court of dreamers that could rival and destroy them.

Many knew that Rowan, Gavriel and Lorcan were all severed of their Blood oath, But Brielle? they were anxious about. If the sister of the Lioness had been with them, why now was she back? Serving the very Queen that the others had betrayed. It didn't make sense, Brielle believed it perhaps may be to her advantage that they had no hint to whether she was still blood sworn to their Queen. 

Many slowed to watch her pass, other stopped entirely as a show of respect, for the titles she bore within the ranking order of Maeve's army, if she still bore them, They did not know. But Brielle had been a commanding officer, training the Soldiers for a reason. Had earned her ranking and right to be above them. 

She continued on, into the middle of the camp, searching for the fighting circles. Both male and females fae surrounded the pit, which was bounded by sandbags that formed each circle. Brielle stopped at the edge of the group surrounding, keeping herself far enough back that they wouldn't initially notice her.

The fae pair in the middle circle of three, the circumstance bigger then the two on either side, moved like it was a dance of fast movements, the female cracked her fist against the males jaw, her jab going skywards, rocking the male backwards off balance until he stumbled and fell over the sandbags. Out. 

The group roared in excitement around Brielle, soldiers always bonded over the trials and victories off each other, as a group they could only be as strong as their weakest member, Rowan and the others had always trained them to work betters as a group, it could be the only thing that keeps them alive in a fight.

The female, her hair pinned back in a loose knot, dropped low to offer a hand, pulling the male back to his feet, he mumbled something to her shaking hands in respect and re-stepped back out the circle.

"Anyone else?" she yelled excitedly, eyes scanning through the crowd, there as no sound after her voice faded into the air, a quick glimmer of disappointment shone through her eyes.

Brielle lifted a hand, pushing through the group. "I will."

The girl turned her way, smirk beaming until she tracked Brielle moving forward, "Commander Brielle." All the eyes in the surrounding group now turned to watch as the Commander walked between them, a space they open so she could pass. The females expression dropped and began to weight shift from side to side on the balls of her feet.

"Rules are simple: Fight, no weapons or magic, until you tap out or your opponent pushes you out." the male from the previous fight spoke from the side, Brielle didn't miss as he shot an encouraging look to the female who no more then a minute ago, put him on his ass.

Slowly, Brielle began to drop each of her knives and daggers into the hands of a male, the symbols on his badges, signifying himself as a Captain. The group watched her take each one, noticing the hiding places for the concealed blades.

When Brielle finally stepped into the ring, The female had paled a little in the face but she had positioned herself opposite Brielle, eyes tracking every slight movement of the Commander.

The air around the ring buzzed in excitement, Fae female fights were always brutal, but a fight involving a Commander from Maeve's Cadre. The group rippled in anticipation with the knowledge.

The female moved first, easy enough she raised a fist to throw a hefty punch at Brielle's face, The commander kept her feet planted firmly in place, dodging to the other side to avoid the blow, which surely would have her head pounding if it had contacted. 

Grabbing her by the arm, and shifting one foot Brielle tripped up and threw the female's weight against her, allowing the body to hit the ground with a thud that knocked the air from her lungs. 

Brielle moved away, using a small tendril of her magic to force the females lungs back into action, the growing crowd began to fidget at the tang of magic in the air,  eyes tracking Brielle.

Turning her back to the other female, Brielle's ear twitched at the sound of her grunting, raising from the ground, pivoting at the sound of footsteps racing at her, Brielle ducked down dropping to a crouch, swirling her legs around the female jumped high, avoiding the swipe. Driving her own leg up, Brielle tucked her body in tight and rolled forwards, away just as the females foot slammed down where her leg had previously been.

Jumping it, Brielle had less then a second before the younger female was upon her once more, the heel of her palm flying up into the bridge of Brielle's nose. Her upper lip warmed with blood, eyes burning with tears. 

Brielle stumbled back wiping away at the blood quickly with the back of her hand, the crowd shifted away when Brielle stopped shy of the sandbags, the female was relentless, 

Driving another fist towards Brielle's face, the Commander swung with an arm, dodging the blow. Brielle packed her whole weight behind her own punch, pummeling it straight for her opponent's diaphragm, with her own momentum the female couldn't stop herself as she landed straight onto the Commander's fist. 

She reeled back as quickly as she could, Brielle followed, not using her magic this time to refill her lungs that spasmed under the force of Brielle's previous punch, Brielle drove a fist to clock the side of her temple, the female ducked just as Brielle had: copying her moves, only to land herself in the space of Brielle's rising knee.

The female curled at the force in her abdomen, following her own weight she abandoned her position in the ring, backtracking her steps until she was behind the safety of the sandbag, panting for breath and clutching her chest she fell into the awaiting arms of the soldiers there.

Brielle swiped away at her upper lip, spitting out the blood that had drooled into her mouth, allowing the power in her to expand out, gifting air back to the female by soothing the spasming in her chest.

The group was silent, not cheering for this victory. When Brielle moved to regather her blade, they moved  away  from her.

Once Brielle had collected her belongings, she turned to face the female who had now straightened, face red with frustration, "This city was running fine whilst you were all galivanting around the world with a traitor Queen" she spat, 

Brielle watched, wordlessly moving closer, allowing her magic to coil around her, the surrounding warriors shied back, sensing it, "You fight well. Learn fast, I like you." 

The female tried to mask her shock behind her anger, Brielle smiled once, then turned to leave. The group parting for her as she went.

It was the same as she traversed the paths of the camp, more warriors lingered. The whispers of her presence in the camp have spread around by now, Brielle was at the outer fringe of the tents when two figures stopped her in place.

A knife was already clutched in her fist when Cairn smiled at her, her heart hammering in her chest when Isaiah appeared beside him. 

"The Queen requires your presence once more, Kitty"

Brielle couldn't drawn her eyes away from her ex-spy long enough to bite back at Cairn's words, the blade dug into the palm of her hand when her fist tightened, Isaiah's nostrils flared at the scent of her blood, eyes tracking down to the droplet as it dripped onto the trampled grass underfoot, 

Cairn was stalking closer, grabbing her upper arm to drag her back to the palace, Isaiah followed head hung low behind them, 

The female warrior watched the interaction from behind the pole of a tent, scenting the fresh split blood on the ground, eyes tracking Cairn dragging the Lioness back through the city gates. Her hand rubbed into the line of her chest, the lingering tingle of the Lioness's magic a beating in her.

☽⋆❈⋆☾

Brielle had begun steeling her nerves when they started climbing the steps to the palace, but nothing could have prepared her for what was awaiting her. She had expected Cairn and Isaiah to take her to the throne room, expected Maeve to give her order for another male she needed the Seductress for.

Brielle hadn't anticipate them turning into the tunnel, to the stairs that spiraled down to Cairn's torture chamber,

Apprehensions tried to freeze her muscles in place, but Cairn's fingers digging into her arm forced her to keep moving,  it would only cause more trouble for herself if she resisted.

Brielle tried to bury down on the rising panic, keeping her feet moving. Isaiah swung the door open to the dark chamber, the scars lining her body burned, Brielle hissed lightly when one tingling, pulsing like it bled anew.

The chamber was still as dark as it had been, Fenrys' white form perked up as he noticed her, lips pulling back in a growl when Cairn roughly jerked Brielle's body through the door.  

There was a rattle of chains, Vera uncurled her body from the wall, "Brielle" there was still hope in her tone, Cairn let go of Brielle. Taking to step towards her, he raised a fist to strike Vera across the face, the hit resounded wit a crunch. A bone in Vera's cheek perhaps.

A hiss built in Brielle's throat, she went to move for Cairn when a knife was drawn at her throat, the familiar presence behind her made the blood fire up, scars tighten. Isaiah held the blade firm, as Cairn rose once more, Vera curled back into the wall. Hand flittering across the cracked bone of her cheek.

Brielle quickly blinked three times, Vera met her stare for a second before blinking once, She sighed trying to calm the pulsing in her ears, 

Cairn stayed hovering near Vera and Brielle finally took in the Fae Queen stationed at the other side of the room, smiling at Brielle. Maeve had forgone her usually dark dress, the smile on her lips filled with that vile amusement, 

"It appears there is need to make good of the promise I made on that beach."

She tapped a nail against the iron coffin, which when the body inside shook, Brielle's heart cinched as Aelin stayed quiet. Still bound inside that metal box.

"Lord Cateo informed me that you had tried blackmailing him." Lord Cateo, the only Lord that hadn't agreed to work with Brielle against Maeve. 

"Was that not what I was supposed to be doing?" Brielle had to keep herself calm, felt Fenrys's attention shift on her. She didn't doubt he was putting the piece together, figuring out what Brielle had been doing in her time outside this chamber.

"Do not belittle us both. You are far too intelligent for that." Maeve continued to tap against the box. Brielle could faintly hear Aelin's laboured breathing, 

"Tell me girl, or this is going to get rather interesting." 

The knife dug into the collumn of her throat as she swallowed,  she needed to come up with something convincing enough to satisfy the Queen, but not give herself away. 

"Are you trying to gain Aelin reinforcements? Is that it?" Maeve crooned, Brielle paused watching as the Queen moved to where Vera was chained at the wall, her blood pumped faster, her breathing shallowing out within her.

"I'm trying to gather information." Brielle quipped out quickly, Isaiah stiffened behind her, Brielle swallowed as Maeve turned, inched away from Vera. She was going out on a whim and hoped beyond everything some shred of her friend was still in the male behind her.

"I- I'm trying to seek out the Pride" 

Maeve startled at her words, Cairn cast the Queen a side long glance, Brielle tried to not look across to Vera or notice how Isaiah loosened his grip slightly around her throat.

"I've heard that they used to help get people out of Erilea, help them escape"

A crude smile graced Maeve's lips, she was buying it, "You seek outwith help to escape? Do you not believe that your brother would come for you"

Brielle hoped they hadn't come for her or Aelin, not to risk everything that had been put into place. Her gut twisted across her scar at the thought, acutely aware that the owner who had left it there is inches from her back, knife still drawn across her windpipe.

"Well then." Maeve clasped her hands together against the corset of her dress. "Let us begin."

Cairn stalked past, a sickening grin caught Brielle's attention, she fought to not give way to the bubbling fear.

"Now Brielle, as punishment for your disobedience, you are going to aid Cairn in his work." The air stifled in her throat, heart lurking when a howl of pain reverberated behind her, Brielle didn't pay any attention to the sting of the blade when she turned, Isaiah moving with her to watch Fenrys, an unseen force causing him to curl into himself in pain. 

Brielle's power surged to the surface, she clenched a fist to contain it. She couldn't control it enough to not harm Vera and Aelin if she lost control now. Brielle whirled back to face Maeve when Fenrys relaxed back into position once more, as if nothing had happened "If you don't it's simple. I kill him."

The corner of Maeve's mouth drew up into a tight lipped smirk. Eyes darkening with promise. Cairn circled around the room until he was behind Brielle, she revulsed as he took Isaiah's place, holding the blade and pushing her forward. So she now faced Vera.

No

No

No 

Brielle's body was freezing, she couldn't. Vera was blinking rapidly up at her, she had lost so much weight, bones becoming visible in every part of her body. The dress hanging loosely off her body.

Cairn gripped Brielle's hand at the wrist forcing her palm to face Vera, Brielle violently shook her head, A howl of pain echoed as she refused, Vera's eyes widened and began nodding at her Commander, "I can take it."

Those words broke her resolve, Brielle sobbed as Cairn leaned close, "It's simple. Just small to start, make it hurt." the excitement in his tone rippled against her shield, 

Another howl of pain, Brielle allowed a small amount of her power to pool from her, it slithered across the space between them, Brielle heard the rattling of Aelin's shackles inside the coffin, 

Vera gave one final nod, bracing herself against the wall as she felt the magic bleed into her skin.  Her chest heaving rapidly in a rising show of panic.

"I'm sorry" Brielle whispered softly, a soothing she might not be able to offer.

Vera's face contorted in pain she tried to mask it and began screaming.

~

Brielle shoved the door to the tavern open, marching straight for the bar. Groups of warriors lined the seats, their drinks sat atop the wooden bar. Brielle pushed her way to a chair there, throwing her money to the worker behind the desk, 

"Give me as much as that will get me, your strongest." the male stilled to watch her for a second, uncertainty marring his expression, dragging each coin across the wood one by one. The noise of them scratching the countertop grated her already fraying nerves. Like a whip the patience snapped, with the hand she now kept the blade in she drew it, stabbing the tip of the dagger into the wood inches from the next coin he reached for. Amber eyes flashed in panic, those around her froze eyeing the interactively carved handle of the blade. One which Fenrys had gifted to her, 

The warriors on either side of her, watched, Brielle ignored the whispers around her, signalling her presence to the others around the tavern. 

A row of glasses were dragged to stop in front of her, Brielle threw three of them back one after the other before she finally took a breath, it burned going down but she closed her eyes, welcoming the pain as she breathed slowly through her nose.

The chair beside her creaked a female sat there, Brielle didn't acknowledge the presence, reaching for the next glass she threw it back, hissing when it hit the black of her throat.

"Do you want to know what your problem is?" Brielle turned to the female who blinked at her in confusion. The female from the fighting pit sat up straighter, brow raised in waiting

"You're cocky, think ever fight will be same as the last" Brielle ignored the ripple as her muscles recoiled to seize up.  "Here's a bit of advice" she reached for the final glass, the tips of her fingers tingling as she slide them around the rim. She didn't care if the words were rooting from her own thoughts, and guilt. Perhaps it might prevent this female from befalling a similar fate.

"Don't expect people to fight in your favour, be your own entity. A force to be reckon with, leaning on squad mates is not a weakness. Use them." 

The female stayed silent, taking in her words, before she plucked the glass from Brielle's hands, swirling it with a quick sniff she downed its contents. Brielle froze, eyeing the female who winced at the strength of the liquor. 

"and your problem," she started, turning to face the barmen, Dropping a couple coins onto the counter the glasses were replaced in front of them. "You wallow right now. When you could be using whatever emotion you are feeling to make them pay."

Brielle's jaw unhinged as the female spoke, stayed silent when she continued, 

"I joined this army. Not for loyalty. But for the female. A lioness in a den of viper." She scoffed running a nail around the edge of the glass, "One of Maeve's elite warriors." the female finally looked up pausing before she glanced at Brielle. She tensed under the hardening stare of the Lioness. 

"I may be cocky, and inexperienced." She paused, pondering her next words, "But I'm still fighting" she downed her drink rising from the bar, 

Leaving the other glasses in front of the commander, Brielle watched over her shoulder as a group waited for the female beside the door, all watching Brielle across the distance that separated them. When they moved for the door, Brielle turned, tuning out all sound she reached for the glass closest to her.

Perhaps she was done fighting, if all it ever did was get her friends and family hurt. What would be the point?

Eyes drifting up from the drink as she lifted it to her lips Brielle paused to stared at the designs carved into the hilt of her knife. Stars, and a crescent moon engraved along the sides of the handle. Setting the glass down Brielle ripped the knife free from the counter, raising to push through the crowds, escaping from the tavern. 

The remaining drinks left untouched.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172 22 32
"Words made me. They shifted over me from the moment I took breath; little black lines etched into my body as I wriggled and screamed. And learned th...
64.8K 2K 53
[Completed] Four years after KoA, the entire world is at peace yet the scars from Maeve ran deep. Kidnapped one morning, Fenrys finds him self on a n...
2.4K 62 12
(This story is not finished and wont be getting updates) "No matter what you come first. I will not let you get hurt, whether it be emotional or phys...
28.5K 555 19
A story where Sam never died and now he is going to see Aelin, the new queen of Terrasen, and tell her he's alive. Along the way he meets the witty a...