Beating Around The Bush (Teen...

Por boxxieofbox

My adhd brain has a new hyper fixation 😬 rip everyone that is waiting for me to update my other stuff...anyw... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 36

283 15 5
Por boxxieofbox

Night turned to day as the alien princess' alarm clock started to ring. She let out a soft gasp as she woke up from the soft chiming. "The day has arrived!" The princess said as she turned off the alarm clock shaped like the villain Mumbo. She opened a draw of her dresser with excited giggles as she pulled presents out from inside before taking off to find her friends.

Starfire entered their living room with a large smile as hearts seemed to surround her. "Happy Blorthog!" She happily exclaimed to her friends only to raise a brow at the group.

Robin was standing in front of a stereo that was loud enough to feel the bass. Cyborg and Beast Boy were fighting over a video game controller. "Come on, Beast Boy, give me that thing!" Cyborg yelled. "Dude, I'm in the middle of a game, Cyborg!" Beast boy yelled back. "Yeah, my game cause it's my turn!" The two friends continued to bicker while Raven read her book.

"Friends, we must frolic and leap in glorious celebration for today is Blorthog! The Tamaranian festival of friendship!" Starfire said giving her friends a bright smile only for them to ignore her. The princess dropped the presents on the ground as she realized no one was listening to her.

Cyborg propped himself up against the couch and Starfire took her chance as she held up a necklace made from large grey beads. "Joyous greeting, friend. I, Starfire, give this tinabula as a symbol of-" Starfire was interrupted as Beast Boy wrapped a tentacle around Cyborg's neck. "You're gonna pay for that, you little grass stain!" Cyborg yelled as they started to fight. Beast boy won the fight and sat on the back of the couch as he laughed.

"Many blessings, friend. May your ears be filled with sugar candies-" Starfire tried to say to her green friend before being interrupted. "BEAST BOY!" "Look, I'll give you back the controller as soon as Raven gives back my nail clippers!" Beast boy yelled to the teen reading her book before being grabbed by the robot man.

"Not gonna happen. How else am I supposed to keep your toenails off the coffee table?" Raven asked while a pair of nail clippers hovered in the air covered by her magic. "Happiness and delight, friend. On this wonderous day, I wish you sunshine and bunny-" Starfire tired to say to Raven only to receive a death glare. She took that as her cue to back off.

"Robin, could the music be a little louder? I can still hear myself think." Raven said sarcastically with a vein popping out of her forehead while Beast Boy and Cyborg continued to fight. Starfire approached Robin with the same large smile, but he only grew more annoyed hearing the two other boys fighting. "I only turned the music up to drown out all the yelling!" Robin yelled not helping the current situation at all.

Beast Boy laughed before getting put into a chokehold by Cyborg. "Whose turn is it now, tough guy? Whose turn is it now?!" Cyborg teased as he got the controller back. "Knock it off! I can't work with you two acting like idiots!" Robin yelled at the two. "Great, Robin. More yelling will definitely stop all the yelling." Raven said making Robing glare at her.

Starfire thought of someone else she could tell about Blorthog. She quickly pulled out her communicator and called her other close friend. Her friends continued to bicker and argue in the background while she waited for the girl to pick up.

"Hey-" "Friend Bloom-" "I'm either busy or you're just not my first priority. Leave a message, I guess." The loud beep from the line made Starfire sigh before putting the device back in her pocket.

"Friends please, you must not...if we could simply- Happy Blor-" Starfire was cut off by Cyborg screaming as she stared down at what had been in her hands. The large grey beads crashed to the ground making her eyes well up with tears.

"STOP!" Starfire yelled immediately making her friends stop what they'd been doing. "Friends must never behave this way and especially not on Blorthog! Do you wish to invite the Rekmas?!" Starfire asked only to receive confused looks from the group. "Gesundheit?" Beast boy said softly.

"On my world, Rekmas means the drifting the point at which close friends begin to drift apart and their friendship begins to die." Starfire said sadly as she glanced at the ground.

"Oh, come on, Starfire." Cyborg said. "We are so not rek-whatevering." Beast Boy added. "We're getting on each other's nerves a little. Big deal." Raven said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Yeah, this is just typical roommate stuff. We're not going to drift apart, Star, I promise. We'll all be friends forever." Robin said giving her a soft smile. "Forever?" Starfire asked before Robin's communicator started beeping. "Titans, trouble!" Robin said before all of the teens filed out of the room.

A white portal appeared in the dark warehouse and a man wearing a suit that resembled gold walked through. "Hey, stop!" A guard yelled to the man. "Stop yourselves." He said waving his hand and encasing the two guards in ice.

"I didn't journey back in time 100 years to squabble. I came to steal the clock of eternity!" The man said as he turned back to look at the gold clock. "Valuable in the past...priceless in the future." He was about to take it when a birdarang hit his hand away. "But for the present, you'll keep your filthy hands off it." Robin said with the rest of his team standing with him on the catwalk.

"The Teen Titans. This is a treat. I read all about you in the historical archives and now you're all history!" He said before his suit shot red lasers at the team. "Titans! Go!" Robin yelled and the group split up.

"It seems like your team is missing a very crucial member." The man said making the group confused by his comment. The group of teens fought against the man, but he had devices that seemed to work against each member of the team.

"You cannot defeat Warp! I am from the future." Warp said before sending small devices that exploded towards Robin and Starfire. "And you relics are 100 years out of date." Warp said before grabbing the eternal clock. He held two fingers against the large circle on the center of his suit making the large white portal appear once more.

"Ta-ta, Titans, I have enjoyed our time together but I've got a very bright future ahead of me." Warp was about to step through the portal when a loud yell came from behind him. "Huh? Wh-" He was about to finish his sentence when Starfire flew right into him sending both of them into the portal.

Robin quickly tried to jump after them, but he wasn't fast enough. The portal closed with a bright flash of light. "Starfire!" Robin called out, but they were gone.

Starfire fought with Warp as they floated in between the seconds of the clocks. Loud ticking filling her ears as she struggled to get the relic back.

"Let go!" Warp yelled as the ticking sound only got louder. "You have endangered my friends and ruined Blorthog!" Starfire yelled as she continued to struggle with the man.

"Stop! If you damage the suit before we reach my future-" Starfire didn't listen to him as she grabbed ahold of the center mechanism of his suit and pulled it as hard as she could. "No!" Warp yelled as he was forced away from the girl.

Starfire let out her own scream as blackness surrounded her before she crashed down onto something freezing. The snow underneath her protected her from her fall. She sat up and looked down at the ground confused.

"Huh?" Starfire asked before shivering. "What has happened? Uh, why is it cold?" She asked as she looked around at all the snow around her. "And where are my..." What caught her attention was the large run down giant T shaped tower in front of her. "friends." She finished her thought.

The alien princess decided to explore the tower in search of her friends. The state of the tower frightened her. It seemed as if a gust of wind could knock the whole tower down. She forced the old elevator doors open as she entered what was usually the comforting and inviting living room. Now it was broken down and rotting just like the rest of the building.

As she was inspecting the damage around her, a bright red light caught her attention. "Oh, Cyborg, thank goodness you are-" She was cut off as she shined her glowing green hand towards the light source. Instead of her friend, she was met with various small robots. The princess immediately attacked them completely disintegrating them in the process.

"Yo! Who's up here blasting my-" A figure yelled as he ran into the room holding a pipe. Her old robot friend stood in front of Starfire, but something was off. He wasn't his usual blue color and he looked as if he was starting to rust.

"Star?" Cyborg asked in disbelief making him drop his weapon. "Starfire. I don't believe it. You...you haven't aged a day." He said placing a hand on her shoulder not believe it was really her.

Starfire gently cupped his cheeks in her hands as she stared at him with concern on her features. "Cyborg, what has happened? Why are you-" "Old?" Cyborg finished her question. "Well that's what happens when you go away for twenty years." Cyborg said as he walked past her.

"Twenty years?!" "You disappeared, Star. That battle with Warp, that was a long time ago. You fell through a wormhole and...welcome to the future." Cyborg said as he stared out of the large window revealing an equally run down city covered in snow.

"The future? But I damaged his technology." Starfire said as she pulled out the circular device to show Cyborg. He carefully took the device in his hand to examine it.

"Warp was planning to jump ahead 100 years, right? Looks like you stopped him at 20." Cyborg said as he handed the device back to her. "Still I am confused. Please, why are you in disrepair?" She asked softly concerned for her friend. "Let's just say things haven't gone so well since you left." Cyborg said as he walked away from her.

"But what of the other Titans? Where are our friends?" Starfire asked as she followed behind him. "The Titans are history, Star. Your friends aren't friends anymore." Cyborg explained the hard truth to her. "No...you are wrong. This...everything is wrong! How could such terrible things...Warp." Starfire said as she glared at the device in her hand. "His interference in the past must have changed our future!" Starfire yelled.

"Star, I don't think-" Cyborg tried to reason with her, but she ignored him. "He caused all this badness to happen! He made this technology and he is the one who can make things right! We must find Warp! You will help me?" Starfire asked while Cyborg avoided her gaze.

"I wish I could. My last power cell burned out years ago. I've tried adapting this new stuff to my old circuits but I can't leave the tower, Star. I'm obsolete. Maybe one of the others can help. I can tell you how to find BB and Raven." Cyborg said as he still refused to meet her gaze. "What about Robin and Perci?" Starfire asked. "We lost touch with them a long time ago...but I don't doubt that if you find Perci...you'll find Robin." Cyborg explained and with that Starfire took off.

The alien princess had tried to recruit Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven, but it was no use. They seemed to want nothing to do with her or each other. Her friends had truly drifted apart. She now walked the cold empty streets of the city.

As she was walking, familiar red laser were shot towards her making her jump back in the snow. Starfire looked up to see Warp, but he didn't look how he did before. He had gotten older.

"What's the matter, dear? Have I come at a bad time?" Warp asked before firing his weapon multiple times.

Starfire quickly took to the sky as she fired green energy blasts at him only for his force field to block each attack. She flew down so she was in front of him, but Warp had other plans. He waved his hand in front of her and she was completely covered in ice. Starfire fell to the ground, the ice shattering on impact. A pained groan left her mouth as she sat up to look at her enemy.

"You have also become old." Starfire commented while Warp glared down at her. "That's what happens when someone steals my Vortex Regulator. The regulator if you please." Warp said as he held his hand out for the device. "I really must get back to my future." Starfire's glare hardened as she stood up with the device in her hand.

"If you ever wish to see your future you will repair the damage you have done to my past!" Starfire said as her eyes glowed green with one hand ready to fire.

"Damage? Silly girl, there's nothing wrong with your past. One cannot damage history because history cannot he changed. I went back in time to steal this-" Warp said as he felt up the eternal clock. "Because history says it disappeared and history says it disappeared because I went back to steal it. Past, present, future. It's all written in stone, my dear." With Warp's words, Starfire's gaze turned down.

The glowing green that filled her hands quickly diminished and Warp took the device back. "Nothing you do can ever change it." Warp was about to fire his weapon at Starfire once more when he was attacked.

A man in a black and blue hero suit flipped Warp easily and sent him flying into a hard brick wall. The mysterious man took out a couple devices before throwing them towards Warp. The devices exploded causing a small fire and the stranger charged full speed towards Warp.

"Another time, perhaps." Was all Warp said as he vanished through the ground. The stranger only being late by a second as his fist hit the ground hard. Starfire approached the man as he stood up from the ground. His long dark hair flowing behind him.

"It's good to see you again." The man's voice was deep, but Starfire recognized it immediately. "Robin?" "I haven't used that name in a long time." The man said before stepping out of the shadows into the light. "Call me Nightwing."

Nightwing took Starfire somewhere he knew she would be safe. Starfire looked around the bunker full of different weapons, a large computer, and even a few newspapers that held events from possible threats. What caught her attention was the mannequin wearing the hero suit she'd come to know and love.

Nightwing placed a blanket over her shoulders and Starfire pulled it closer to herself to make herself warmer. "We heard you've been looking for help." Nightwing said as he turned away from her. "There is nothing you can do. There is nothing anyone can do. The past cannot be repaired, the future cannot be altered, no matter how wrong it seems." Starfire said defeated as she stared at the ground.

"So...it's impossible. Good. If memory serves, we've done the impossible before." Nightwing said with a smile before walking over to the large technological system connected to everything around them. "I held onto this, just in case." Nightwing said as the console revealed the yellow circular communication device that had a large blue T on the front of it. Nightwing was about to press one of the buttons when a soft voice made him stop.

"You're not trying to send her back without letting me say hello now are you, Sweetheart?" The sound of the voice made Starfire gasp as she turned around. Her green eyes widened as she stared at the women in front of her. The woman had a soft smile, (e/c) eyes, a black crop top, a red lace up skirt, fishnets, and black platform boots. A red mask covered part of her face, a pair of dark, almost black, fangs that poked the top of her bottom lip, and a tangle of dead thorns wrapped around her neck. What really caught Starfire off guard, were thick pitch black lines that seemed to line her body up and down.

"You know I'd never do that, Sunshine." Nightwing said with a smile as he stared at the woman in front of him. There was something in their eyes as the two stared at each other. Starfire watched as bright red roses grew through the cracks of the woman's skin. Strangely, no flowers grew where the black lines were.

"Perci?" The princess asked softly as she continued to stare. "Actually, I go by Bloody Thorn. I'm glad to finally see you after all these years." Bloody Thorn said as she smiled at the girl.

"She's the one that told me you were back." Nightwing said and Bloody Thorn rolled her eyes before walking closer to them. "It took me all of five minutes to get him to believe you were back. I didn't even get a chance to tell him where exactly you were before he was out there trying to find you." Bloody Thorn said with a soft giggle as she stood next to Nightwing. Starfire immediately noticed as Nightwing placed a hand around Thorn's waist.

"What...what happened to you?" Starfire asked as she held one of Thorn's hand in hers. Her thumb gently running over the black lines that covered her skin. The lines on her skin felt like dry leaves and even flaked away like them.

"A long long time ago, I messed up. I was careless and this was the price to pay." Thorn said with a shrug of her shoulders and a soft smile. "When I am to return, I will make sure this never happens to you." Starfire said as she looked deep into her eyes.

Starfire watched as Nightwing's hand moved from her waist to Thorn's shoulder comforting her. Thorn's free hand moved up to gently hold Starfire's cheek. "Oh, sweetie." Thorn said with her thumb gently rubbing against her cheek. "You don't ever have to worry about this." She said referring to the scars along her body. "The only thing we need to worry about is getting you home." Thorn's soft and kind voice made Starfire feel better about what was to come.

"Would you like to do the honors, sunshine?" Nightwing asked Thorn with a smile. The woman shook her head no before placing a gently kiss to his cheek. "That right is reserved for the leader of the Teen Titans." Thorn said with a smile and he nodded.

Starfire was taken back by the action. She felt anger start to appear in each of her nine stomachs. It diminished almost as quickly as it appeared as Nightwing hit a button on the circular device.

Starfire's outfit immediately started blinking red along with Thorn's non dominant shoulder. Back at the circus, Beast Boy was performing tricks as various animals when his old belt started blinking red. Deep in a bright white room, Raven's brooch lit up the plain room as it blinked. Back at Titan's Tower, Cyborg's eye did the exact same thing.

At the Metro Art Technologies center, Warp had already frozen the guards protecting the establishment.

"Ticktock, ticktock. Just a few more seconds and I shall finally-" Warp was cut off as a metal staff hit his hands making him drop the blow torch he'd been using. The staff flew back around to land perfectly in Nightwing's grasp.

"The future will have to wait. You just ran out of time." Nightwing said as he glared down at Warp with Starfire next to him. With a loud battle cry, Warp started to shoot his weapon once more at the heroes. Both heroes attacked, but Warp deflected their attacks with his force field.

Warp gave the heroes a smug look only for the force field to malfunction. Warp fired at the heroes again and they dodged his attacks. "You have time for a little game, don't you, Warp?" A voice came from the shadows as well as the sound of heels hitting the floor.

Bloody Thorn emerged from the shadows as plants broke through the floor surrounding the man. Warp panicked and started shooting at the plants leaving an opening for Nightwing to attack. Using his staff, he easily took out one of the suits devices.

Nightwing landed next to Bloody Thorn gracefully. Both stood up tall when Starfire attacked Warp. The man fired more at Starfire and Nightwing took action. He blocked the red beans with his staff before attacking full force at the man and his suit.

Thorn disappeared into the ground only to appear behind Warp. Hard roots covered both of her hands as large sharp thorns appeared over her knuckles. Warp was hit repeatedly from both sides before Thorn hit him up into the air and Nightwing was able to slam him down onto the ground.

The three friends all stood side by side with Starfire in the center. All three of them waiting for Warp to surrender, but he had other plans. He shot his weapon towards the ceiling causing rubble to fall down towards all three of them. Thorn quickly pulled Starfire into her as vines surrounded them.

"Thorn! Star!" Nightwing said before being shot by the weapon himself. Starfire quickly looked around herself as the barrier surrounded her and Thorn disappeared.

Nightwing quickly went to their aid. He immediately held a hand out for Thorn and she took it. He pulled her off the ground and Thorn helped Starfire. As Thorn helped Star, Nightwing gave a quick glance over of Thorn checking for any injuries. He only stopped when Thorn shooed his hands off of her.

What caught them all off guard was the bright blue blast that sent Warp flying back to the other side of the building. All of them glanced over to see who shot him.

"Booyah." The three couldn't help but smile as they saw their old friend. "Cyborg! You are repaired!" Starfire said and they all went over to the robot man. "Glad you could make it." Nightwing said as he placed a hand on Cyborg's shoulder. "Wouldn't have missed it." Cyborg said with a smile. "Good to see you up and running again, tin can." Thorn said with a smile and Cyborg returned it. "Same goes for you, Perci. Now who said y'all could start without me?"

"So sorry. Perhaps I should finish you first!" Warp said only for a loud roar to be heard behind him.

The group watched as a large green lion jumped at Warp scratching him across the front of his suit. The lion skidded to a stop and they all watched as Warp's suit emitted electric currents. He was about to fire a weapon attached to his arm when black magic surrounded it throwing him off to the side. Everyone turned to see a shadow of a large raven transform into their old friend.

"Nobody hurts my friends." Raven said in her normal monotone voice as she joined the group. Beast Boy couldn't help but glance up at Robin and rubbing his balding head. "Dude, that is so unfair."

Warp stood up and activated his device opening a wormhole. "It seems my time has come." Warp said only for Nightwing to throw a birdarang. Warp through a device as well, but Nightwing's sliced it in half. The birdarang hit directly in the center of his suit causing it to crack and start to malfunction.

"No! NOOO!" Warp yelled as the group watched him become younger and younger. The titans stood over the golden suit and Beast Boy decided to open it. Inside was a baby version of Warp crying loudly.

"Okay, I am not changing any diapers." Beast Bot said and Thorn rolled her eyes. "You know just cause you said that, you're gonna be changing all of the diapers." She said with a smirk while Beast Boy glared at her.

The wormhole started to close and Cyborg was the first to speak up. "We gotta get you home. Come on." He took out part of Warp's suit and attached it to his arm before firing at the closing wormhole. "I'm redirecting the wormhole. Starfire, go!"

Starfire took a moment as she looked at her now older friends. The group had given her soft smiles, but one thing she noticed was how Thorn's head was placed on Nightwing's shoulder and how he placed a gentle kiss to her head.

"Please...must this really be our future?" Starfire asked as she stared at her friends concerned. "Is there nothing I can do to change it?" She asked her eyes pleading towards Nightwing.

The hero picked up the golden clock and stood next to Starfire. "I'm sorry, Star. There isn't time." He said before carefully placing the device in her hand. Nightwing stepped back intertwining his hand with Bloody Thorn's. Starfire stared at her friends once more, her eyes lingering on the two holding hands before she stepped inside the wormhole.

Robin watched as the portal closed just as Starfire had entered. He skidded to a stop before looking to where the portal once was. "Starfire!" He yelled out for his friend.

"Um...where did she-" Beast Boy started to ask only for a wormhole to appear behind him and Cyborg. The group watched as Starfire tumbled out with her hands close to her chest.

"Dude!" "Woah!" "Star, what happened?" The boys asked their friend. "History said it disappeared but history was wrong!" Starfire said happily as she held up the eternal clock.

The Titans all went back to the tower and Starfire explained what had happened to her and her friends in the future. "Bald?! You're telling me I'm going to be bald?!" Beast Boy yelled with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Guess you were right about all that Rekmas stuff." Cyborg said softly. "I don't want us to drift apart. Does it all have to happen? Isn't there anything we can-" Robin started to say only to be interrupted by Starfire. "Our friendship has already changed Warp's past. I believe it can also change our future." Starfire said with a smile.

"So..." Raven started to say as she used her magic to pick up the broken pieces of Starfire's necklace. "Is it too late to do this festival of friendship thing?" Raven asked only for Starfire to get happy tears in her eyes. "Oh, it's never too late!" She cheered.

Raven placed the necklaces around herself, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. "Happy Blorthog!" Cyborg yelled right in Raven's ear. "I thought it was Blort-hog." Beast Boy said confused. "Okay...I feel like a wind chime." Raven said while Starfire placed one around Robin's neck.

"So, Nightwing, huh?" Robin asked with a smug smirk making Starfire blush.

A couple days later in (Y/n)'s apartment:

"Holy shit." (Y/n) said with wide eyes as she sat on one side of the couch. Her knees were pulled into her chest while her hands anxiously rubbed her thighs. "Holy shit? Holy shit?! That's all you have to say about this?!?!" Wally exclaimed from the other side of the couch. He was sitting criss cross with a blanket over his lap and a Dino stuffie in his arms.

"Are you feeling alright, (Y/n)?" Kory asked as she stared at her friends blank expression. "Yeah yeah yeah, I'm fine. Just trying to...um...process everything. Wow...that's...that's a lot." (Y/n) said as she thought about what her alien friend had told her.

"It sounds like you're gonna be a milf." Wally said with a shrug of his shoulders only to be hit hard with a pillow. "Is that seriously the only thing you took away from the story?!?!" (Y/n) yelled before picking up another pillow and throwing it at him.

Wally easily caught the pillow and held it in his lap with his dino stuffie. "Hey! I'm choosing to not acknowledge the fact that you're going to get hurt! Let me cope in the one way I know how!" Wally said before throwing the pillow back at her.

"Friends, please. I believe we can change the future. I do not want anything disastrous to happen to either of you. By being here, I have already changed the future. We possess the capability of doing it again." Kory said with a bright smile.

(Y/n)'s friends attitudes definitely made her feel better about the slightly terrifying news. "You're right, Kory. I say we just take it one day at a time." She said with a smile.

"I say to get this off our minds we watch the greatest show ever made." Wally said before using his super speed to grab the tv remote that had been on the other side of the room. "He's talking about the show we watched last time." (Y/n) said to the girl who was sitting in the middle of the couch while Wally turned the show on and found where they were last time.

"Come aboard and bring along all your hopes and dreams!" Wally and (Y/n) sang loudly and off key together. Starfire was starting to feel bad about not telling her friends the full truth about what happened. "Together we will find everything that we're looking for!" The two continued to sing. But maybe with her not telling them, then it won't happen. Not to mention, Starfire changed the further once. She's determined to do it again. "ONE PIECE!" Wally and (Y/n) yelled making Kory laugh.

Continuar a ler

TambĂŠm vai Gostar

152K 4.2K 75
Y/n Elemental Master of Wind always saving the city with her ninja friends what more could go wrong? (Cole x Fem Reader)
87.8K 1.7K 17
I know he got married to sergeant calhoun But STILL! This is my first ever story Official X READER besides one shots! *Wreck it Ralph isn't mine* ...
24.8K 1.8K 5
You are the daughter of King Shahryar, and suffer from insomnia due to the trauma of seeing your father murder your mother, however, your father's ne...