Alicent Hightower | HOTD

By latrina05

(Completed until season two) The love of the seven is Holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand... More

Intro
How it all started
Chapter 1 Heartbroken And A Wedding
Chapter 2: Two to Four Years Later
Chapter 3 Wedding Gone Wrong
Chapter 4 Forced Marriage
Chapter 5 The king is dead
Chapter 6 Runaway Bride
Chapter 7 Back Home
Chapter 8 Fit For a King
Chapter 9 You must marry
Chapter 10 A New Future Queen
Chapter 11 Wedding
Chapter 12 Sworn Protecter
Chapter 13 Naming Day
Chapter 14 You Just Earned Yourself A War
Season 2
Chapter 15 Force To Marry An Old Man
Chapter 16 Alliance
Chapter 17 Plans
Chapter 18 Is This Our New Life Now
Chapter 19 Posion
Chapter 20 New Life Comes Into The World
Chapter 22 Elaena
Chapter 23 Lady In Waiting
Chapter 24 Family Problems
Chapter 25 Back Home
Chapter 26 New Allies
Chapter 27 Allies and Battles
Chapter 28 Rhaenyra?!

Chapter 21 Dinner Gone Wrong

534 21 3
By latrina05

133

With unwavering attention, Alicent and Rhaenrr beheld the sight of their sons engaging in rigorous training under the guidance of Ser Galen. Rhaenarr, was seated upon his chair, while Alicent just stood resolutely behind him, accompanied by her sworn protector, Godiva.

"They are getting better," Alicent told her husband. Together, they observed their second-born, Rhaerion, skillfully hitting his mark with a bow and arrow. Rhaenarr nodded approvingly, sharing in the joy of their children's progress. Gazing down at their offspring, their hearts swelled with contentment.

"Rhaenarr, for what I have been thinking about having a family dinner. The family hasn't really gotten together in years." Alicent said and Rhaenarr looked up at her." What do you mean?" He asked her.

"We haven't gathered as a family in quite some time, I must admit. Our meetings have been limited to moments of sorrow and misfortune. Hence, I propose extending an invitation to our entire kin, urging them to grace the castle with their presence," she expressed, while Rhaenarr pondered upon her words.

"Does this include Vanyx and Selena?" He asked, to which Alicent responded with a slow, affirmative nod. "I am cognizant of their unwavering determination to regain the throne. Maybe we can strive to establish an alliance with them, a bond that shall offer them ample benefits, thus deterring any attempts to seize the throne," she suggested, as Rhaenarr's eyes glanced downwards, observing the children as they took a momentary pause.

"Are you certain of this?" He questioned, his eyes lingering on her. Alicent nodded in response. "Very well, we shall proceed with sending out the invitations, and the banquet shall be held in three days," he announced. Alicent's face lit up with a smile as she nodded once more. "It will be a delightful gathering for our family," she expressed, and Rhaenarr assented.

"May the gods guide Vanyx and Selena towards reconciliation, embracing the new terms bestowed upon them. Or perchance, do you possess an alternative solution?" He asked of his wife, and Alicent gently shook her head. "Fear not, my love, for I shall devise a plan," she assured him. With a nod of understanding, they resumed their watch over their sons, before returning to the palace to attend to matters of state.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

THREE DAYS LATER

"Why are we going to this stupid dinner again?" Jacaevar inquired, his frustration evident as he settled into a chair aboard the boat." The royal family was the entire family to sit down and have a normal family dinner." Selena, with a hint of disdain, explained to him, her discomfort palpable at the mere mention of the word 'royal'.

As his father descended the stairs from the docks, he expressed to his mother, "Their mere purpose is to showcase their wealth and the lavishness of their existence." Vanyx, with a touch of cynicism, informed them, "Without a doubt, your uncle endeavors to distract us from the pursuit of the throne by suggesting a peace treaty for our family." Placing the letter on the table, he concluded his statement.

Jacaevar asked of his father, Vanyx, with a glimmer of hope in his eyes, "But surely you won't consent to these terms, will you?" Vanyx, with a stern gaze, met his son's questioning look. "Of course not, my dear boy. I am not a fool to embrace an agreement that would only lead our noble house to ruin," he firmly declared. Jacaevar, disheartened, let out a weary sigh, realizing the gravity of their predicament.

Selena's attention was caught as she heard the sound of footsteps approaching. "We are here," the crew members announced. Vanyx expressed his gratitude as the man departed from their presence. Selena glanced at Vanyx, her eyes filled with determination.

"Let us accomplish this task," he declared before making his way up the stairs. Selena turned her gaze towards her son, urging him to gather himself. "Get your act together," she advised him, to which Jacaevar simply rolled his eyes and rose to his feet, obediently trailing behind his parents.

As the evening approached, the grand dining hall was prepared to accommodate the royal family and their family. The long table was adorned with exquisite silverware and crystal chandeliers illuminated the room with a soft glow. Reggie and Alicent stood at the head of the table, awaiting the arrival of their family members. Their children were already seated in their chairs.

First to arrive was Reggie's mother, Delaela, accompanied by his sister and her husband, Thilde." Welcome." Alicent said as she hugged Maeria." Thank you for coming." She said and Maeria smiled." Thank you for having us." She said as Alicent looked at her stomach." I see. We have a new member slowly coming into the family?" Alicent asked and Maeria nodded as she looked at her 3 month pregnant stomach.

"Yeah after years of trying I'm finally pregnant." She said and Alicent congratulated her before helping her in her seat. Shortly after, Vanyx and Selena entered the dining hall, followed by their son, Jacaevar.

"Welcome, my brother," Rhaenarr greeted with a glance. "Brother," Vanyx replied simply, casting his gaze upon everyone. "I can see you have been occupied," Vanyx remarked, observing his four children. Rhaenarr acknowledged his children with a nod before inviting, "Come, let us sit." Vanyx and his family settled at the table as Rhaenarr had suggested.

"It's finally nice to meet my cousins." Jacaevar started as Selena just glared at him to be quiet." Hello." He said as he looked at Naena. Visevar just glared at him as Alicent too glared at him." Let's eat." Delaela said as everyone started eating.

A tranquil silence fell upon the room as everyone held onto their sustenance. Alicent's gaze met her husband's, receiving a subtle nod of agreement.

"In unison, my husband and I have reached a decision to forge a peace treaty that shall unite our families," Alicent announced, her eyes turning towards Vanyx and Selena. Selena, intrigued, inquired, "Is that so? Pray enlighten us about the contents of this treaty."

Fixing her gaze upon Vanyx, she proclaimed, "To the kingdom, we shall bestow upon you the title of Warlord." Startled, Vanyx dropped his fork and turned his attention towards her. "What?" he questioned, desiring to confirm that he had heard her correctly.

Without hesitation, she replied, "Yes, and Selena shall assume the honorable position of the Royal Mentor to the children." Upon hearing this, Selena abandoned her food and cast a furious glare at the pair, incensed by the audacity of insulting her family with such insignificant titles.

With a voice that echoed through the halls, Vanyx expressed his discontent, "First, you seize my Throne, and then you insult my family by assigning us these meaningless titles, all for the sake of serving your pitiful children and lackluster guards." Delaela's eyes locked onto her son, a mixture of concern and disappointment etched upon her face.

"Instead of banishing you for your betrayal, you should be grateful for the titles he has bestowed upon you," she countered, her words carrying a subtle reprimand. Vanyx met his mother's gaze, his own eyes filled with defiance.

"If only you had bestowed upon me the title of King, this regrettable incident could have been averted. However, you chose to anoint my weak-willed brother as the ruler, alongside his scandalous wife whom he acquired in the capital of King's Landing." These words were spoken, prompting Rhaenarr to swiftly rise from his chair, pointing his sword menacingly at his sibling.

"For the purpose of fostering peace, I beckoned you here, dear brother, not to affront the honor of my kin. If you are unwilling to accept the terms I have laid before you, then I bid you farewell, never to return. This represents your sole chance to substantiate your loyalty." Rhaenarr's words reverberated as Alicent endeavored to persuade him to release the knife.

Rhaenarr was met with a venomous glare from Vanyx, who made his intentions clear. "Our presence is no longer required," Vanyx stated coldly, as he made his way from the table. Selena, mirroring her husband's disdain, shot a scornful look at the family before following him, their son relishing in the opportunity to taunt the family with a mischievous smirk.

Alicent's weary expression caught Rhaenarr's attention, prompting him to glance at her. She sighed, but managed to offer a gentle smile to the family. Alas, their plans had not come to fruition.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Wow, that was a complete disaster," Alicent remarked as she stepped into their shared chambers. Rhaenarr sighed and replied, "I couldn't agree more. It's official, my brother is completely out of reach." Alicent gave him a sympathetic look, understanding his frustration.

Curiously, she asked him, "What's the plan?" He stepped closer to her and responded, "We need a course of action. To maintain our hold on the throne, we must seek allies. It's crucial to strengthen security and provide more opportunities for men to join our army when the time comes." Alicent nodded, understanding the importance of his words.

"I don't want anything to happen to our family," she said, her voice trembling, as Rhaenarr enveloped her in a comforting embrace. "You have my word, nothing will happen," he reassured her, his voice filled with conviction, as Alicent gently distanced herself from him.

"I better go check up on the kids," she stated, and he nodded in response. After seeing her off, he took a seat. It was imperative for him to come up with a proper plan, and soon.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Selena was seated at a table, her face adorned with a frown. In front of her sat her mother, Josey, while Selena gazed down at her hands. "Are you truly implying that you didn't even consider accepting the offer?" asked Josey, as Selena glanced up at her.

"No way. We can't have my husband and son as Kings if we're constantly cleaning up after them," She said, and Josey let out a sigh. "Do you understand the consequences of your actions? With those titles, you could have had a chance to reclaim the palace and the crown when the time came. But now, because of your husband's and your outburst, we're even farther from it," Josey explained.

"We'll find a way, we always do; we've already got a few allies who are willing to support us," Selena told her mother confidently. "But at what cost, Selena? Your own daughter's life!" Josey yelled in disbelief.

You know what? I've had enough. It's time for me to step in and assist you in reclaiming this Throne, 'cause it's obvious you're failing miserably. I mean, seriously, you're a terrible mother. Your son is out there, raping women and drinking himself into oblivion, while your daughter, who was barely 15, tragically died while giving birth." Josey's anger boiled over as her daughter Selena couldn't bear to look up.

Selena glanced at her mom and asked, "What should I do?" Josey replied, "Don't worry about it. I'll take care of everything." With that, Josey walked out of the room. Josey let out a sigh and rested her head on the table.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Alise glided down the castle's grand hallway, her hand cradling the hollowness within her belly, a poignant reminder of the life that once bloomed there. As she approached Jacaevar's chambers, she lightly knocked on the door.

"What," his voice grumbled, tinged with impatience. Undeterred, she pushed open the door and stepped into his private domain, her eyes instantly fixating on his reclined figure upon the bed.

"Alise? What is it that you want?" he questioned, as Alise remained silent, her hand held before her. Jacaevar's raised eyebrow conveyed his curiosity as he observed her." Alise, why are you here?" he asked, rising from his bed." There is something that I need to tell you." She said as she hold back her tears.

He asked her once more, "What is it?" Alise revealed, "It concerns your mother." He merely glanced at her, his curiosity piqued. "What has my mother done now?" he asked, before wearily lying down on his bed again.

"The other day I had discovered something about myself. My body had been changing and I was scared so I went to the maester and he told me what was wrong." She said as Jacaevar just remained still." I was with child." She said and Jacaevar sat up so fast from his bed and looked at her with wide eyes.

He rose from his bed and approached her, inquiring, "Are you with child?"

"I was," she replied, causing Jacaevar to furrow his brow." Was?" He questioned, to which she nodded. "The baby was poisoned," Alise disclosed, while Jacaevar simply stared at her." By whom?" he asked.

"Who else but your mother. Somehow she discovered the existence of the baby and invited me for dinner, only to serve a poisoned drink. So," Alise explained before settling into a chair.

Alise approached him with determination in her eyes. "My mother would never dare to harm her own grandchild," he assured her, but she scoffed in disbelief. "Only if the child came from me, whom she despises," she retorted.

"That's why I've come to you, to reveal your mother's treachery. We must escape this place and build a family of our own, where she cannot inflict her destruction." Her words hung in the air as she walked up to him.

"I cannot, Alise," he uttered, causing Alsie to gaze at him with a sense of betrayal. "Your mother has poisoned our child, and yet you don't want to abandon her? For everything she has put you through?" she questioned him, and he met her gaze.

"Do you not get it?" he asked, while she simply stared back at him. "One day, I shall ascend the throne. It is a superior fate compared to the life you so desperately urge me to go on." Alise's tears began to trickle down slowly.

Alise's voice quivered as she confronted him, her eyes filled with longing. "Would you truly forsake our love for the crown?" His laughter echoed through the room as he mocked her.

"Ah, my dear, it seems my mother's words were true. You seek to dismantle my happiness and pull me into the depths of despair," he taunted. In a fit of rage, she struck him across the face, her words dripping with venom.

"Cursed be you! May the fires of hell consume you and your wretched mother!" she seethed, her anger uncontainable. As Jacaevar witnessed her exit from the chamber, he settled himself upon his bed. Unwavering, he vowed to never abandon the life that awaited him in the days to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 1.4K 22
Being born into the most respected and equally feared houses in the realm made people look up to you as if you were a god and the devil himself, in e...
49.7K 1K 13
Jaenys was born of blood both hot and cold, her father was a Targaryen and her mother was a Stark. When the Stranger claimed her mother on the birthi...
759K 29.2K 71
from the fourteen ancient fires comes the blood of two, their souls' twin flames burning bright in the shadows. joined together as one underneath the...
9.4K 674 4
"You're no longer a young lad. You're now the Lord of Harrenhal, boy." Harwin Strong and Rhaenyra Targaryen were never meant to be. And not...