Chapter 18 Is This Our New Life Now

Alicent watched them leave before watching out of the room and headed to go check on the kids

Alicent watched them leave before watching out of the room and headed to go check on the kids. The first one she went to was her daughter Naela, who was in her room looking outside.

"Naela." Alicent called out and Naela turned to her. Alicent looked at Godiva, who bowed before leaving the room. Alicent walked up to Naela and sat next to her." How are you feeling?" Alicent asked as Naela looked down.

"When is father returning home?" Naela asked and Alicent looked at her." He should be arriving soon, my love." Alicent said as she touch Naela's hair and pulled it behind her back. Naela turned to face her mother.

"Are you feeling well , mother?" She asked and Alicent smiled at her." I am well, just got upset at a meeting again today. But everything is sorted out." Alicent said as Naela nodded before looking back at the window. Alicent frowned as it was once again silent in the room.

"Who is that?" Naela asked, pointing to a carriage rolling in. Alicent looked out the window and saw the carriage." It's your father, come. Let's go greet him." Alicent said, grabbing her daughter's hands and walking out of the room.

"Guards, see to it that my sons make it to the main gate in time." She said and the guards nodded as some of them went to go get the princes. Alicent and Naela made it down to the front gate and watched as the carriage came inside.

Rhaenarr came out of the carriage as his sons, Visevar, Rhaerion and Maelyx came running out of the castle. Alicent glared at her sons as they were late.

"Children.'' Rhaenarr said as they smiled and ran up to him, hugging him. Rhaenarr chuckled as he picked up his daughter and smiled at her." My love." He said as Naela looked at him." Papa." She said and Rhaenarr smiled before kissing her on her head.

"Welcome home, son." Delaela said as she came out of the castle and gave her son a kiss on the head." Hello mother, it's good to see you are well." He said, referring to the little illness she had before he left.

"Told you I was going to come out strong." She said and he nodded before looking at his wife, who bowed to her." Come on children, let's give your parents some privacy." Delaela said as she noticed that her son needed to talk with Alicent.

Rhaenarr thanked his mother for her help as they watched the children leave with her. Alicent looked at Rhaenarr, who wanted her to follow him. She followed him to his office and shut the door.

Rhaenarr turned around just in time as Alicent kissed him on the lips.

"I have missed you." She said as Rhaenarr smiled at her as he kissed her back." I have missed you too." He said as he let her go and she looked at him." So how did it go, did you find someone?" She asked as Rhaenarr sat down at his chair before looking at her.

"Yes, I did manage to get an alliance with Lord Kannor of Boshire. He is willing to be behind us only if we marry his daughter to our son, Visevar." He said and Alicent looked at him.