Chapter 12 Sworn Protecter

A WEEK LATER

A WEEK LATER

"Good morrows, your grace." Alicent said as Delaela looked at her." Good morrows, Alicent. Come, today is your first day as queen since you got married. You need to meet your subjects." She said and Alicent nodded before following the formal queen out.

Alicent sat in silence as she was riding with the queen to the city. Her eyes looked around at the beauty of everything. The city was more beautiful than King's Landing. Delaela watched as Alicent continued looking around.

"It's better than what you see in King's Landing, isn't it?" She asked and Alicent looked at her." It is." She said and smiled at the people." What are we doing today?" She asked and delaela looked at the people." We need to see if people do want you as queen." Delaela said and they came to a stop.

Alicent looked confused as Delaela went out. Without question, she followed her mother in law and stepped out to look at everyone. Alicent watched as everyone screamed Delaela's name as she waved at them.

She wanted so much then to have what she had, the love of the people, to be a good mother, a good queen and a good wife. Delaela started walking through the city with six guards with her. Alicent looked to see at least four guards with her.

Alicent started following her as she tried to greet the people. Some of them greeted her while other people tried to pull and spit on her. Alicent sighs as she tries not to let her feelings get in the way.

While she was walking all she heard were hurtful words from people to her.

Go back to where you came from, bitch!

No one wants you here!

You whored yourself with the new king!

You will never be our queen!

Alicent speeded up to Delaela as they walked around the city. Delaela looked at the girl as Alicent looked down at the ground.

"Chin up girl. If you want to be queen and start producing heirs for my son. You need to take the hateful comments. It's the price of ruling. People are jealous of you." She said and Alicent nodded before looking up.

"Yes, your grace." Alicent said before following her." Where are we going?" She asked and Delaela smirked." You need to learn where to go in the city. What is here and what is not." she said and Alicent raised an eyebrow.

"And what does this have to do with me?" Alicent asked and Delaela turned and looked at her." You need to learn how to be queen and learn how to rule a kingdom. This isn't King's Landing, where the kings do all the ruling while the queen just pop out babies. You are here to rule and you need to know who your allies are." She said as Alicent didn't say anything.

She watched two queens for years and all they had to do was make heirs for the king. The queen wasn't allowed to be on council or have opinions. So this was new to her and she was kind of glad to be that kind of queen.

"Now come, we have more to see." She said and Alicent smiled before following after her. She was going to like this new life.

LATER ON AT NIGHT

Alicent laid down on the bed as Rhaenarr made his way inside her. Alicent closed her eyes as the pleasure to build up inside her.

Rhaenarr kissed her neck as Alicent moaned, this was their fifth time making love since their wedding. They had to keep going until Alicent was to show any signs of sickness that would lead to a pregnancy.

"Are you okay?" Rhaenarr asked, turning to look at her. Alicent looked at him as he pulled out of her." Today I finally met the people." Alicent said as she looked at the ceiling.

"I'm guessing by your facial expression, it didn't go so well?" He asked and Alicent sighs." People think I whored myself into your bed." Alicent said and he frowned at her." Let them talk, it won't change the fact that you are their Queen now." He said as he turned her over as she was now on top of him.

"All they see is a girl from King's Landing, an outcast." She told him as she moved her body with his." Then maybe as your first act of Queen, you should get you a sworn protector." He told her and she looked at him.

"Are you sure?" She asked, while frowning." Yes, you said there are people who don't want you here. It's best to have someone by you at all times when I'm not present." He said before kissing her lips.

Okay, I will do it.

TWO DAYS LATER

Alicent followed Lord Stanley Blackbournee, the king's hand to go get herself a sworn protector. They stopped when they arrived outside where the guards were training.

"My queen, I have gathered the best guards and warriors throughout the entire world wanting to prove that they could protect you." Stanley said as Alicent looked at them." I want them to fight, whoever is the last one standing will be my sworn protector." She said and everyone looked at her.

"Go on." She said, feeling the confidence rise up in her body. She was going to get used to having this power. Stanley nodded before looking at the guards who all went to their place.

Aiken Averye and Edvin Youngee, you are up." Stanley said and the two walked up to each other and started  fighting. Alicent watched as the fight didn't really last long and Edvin Youngee was on the ground.

Alicent smirked a little as Aiken Averye shouted in victory. Stanley rolled his eyes before calling someone else.

"Osborn Elwyne against Aiken Averye." He said as another guard stepped up and hit his sword against Aiken.

The two actually took longer to fight, but once again Aiken Averye was victorious.

Stanley kept calling on every guard who had all soon lost to Aiken Averye. Stanley looked at Alicent who was about to make her decision when another guard stepped up.

Aiken Averye smirked before pointing his sword at the mystery guard.

"And you are?" Stanley asked, but the guard didn't say anything. Stanley looked at Alicent who nodded to him. Stanley sighs before letting them go on. The two guards started fighting each other.

Aiken glared at the guard who was avoiding all of his hits. Aiken tried to swing his sword everywhere to try and learn a hit but nothing. Eventually, the other guard kicked him in the stomach and took his sword before pointing at Aiken who was on the ground.

Aiken spat out in anger as Alicent began clapping at the guard. The Mystery guard offered their hand to Aiken who ignored it and got up. The two guards looked at the queen who went up to them.

"I want you." She said, pointing to the mystery guard. Aiken looked at her angrily before walking away." What is your name, Ser?" She asked and the guard took their helmet off to reveal a woman underneath.

Everyone gasped while Alicent smiled at that.

"The name is Godiva Hathwaye, my queen." She said bowing and Alicent nodded to her." My queen, no woman has ever been a guard. I think you should choose another." Stanley said and Alicent looked at him.

"I don't care what gender they are, just as long as they can protect me and she has proven that she's qualified to protect me." Alicent said glaring at him and he nodded as she turned to look at Godiva.

"Welcome, Godiva. It will be a pleasure for you to be here." Alicent said and the woman smiled at her." The pleasure is all mine, my queen." Godiva  said and Alicent smiled at her." Lord Stanley will show you to your new room. You will start as my sworn protector tomorrow." Alicent said and Godiva smiled before nodding.

Alicent then walked away as Stanley showed Godiva to her new room.