Operation Silver Screen

By Lost_outlander

Suspense Thriller RomCom Combined.... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Opinions
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34(End)
Good Bye
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

Chapter 19

267 48 3
By Lost_outlander

Haseena looks at James and can't help herself but agree with his words. She hasn't looked at it this way before. She has just seen it as both of them did what they wanted regardless of what she thought.

"They love you in their own ways and... you love them in yours." James continues with his wise words. He sees things in his own way and doesn't hold back anything although Haseena is basically his employer. That makes him different from Aanya. Even Aanya's well intention is equally as much as his, she is selective of her words and matters she lets out to Haseena.

"Do you think she'll be mad?" Haseena whispers.

"What do you normally do when you get her mad?" James doesn't answer directly but with his question, he is up for figuring things out with her.

"I get even madder at her." Haseena chuckles in her throat of how ridiculous it sounds. "And... she eventually gives in."

"Hmm. Maybe don't do that this time."

"I'm glad you come back, James." Haseena smiles.

"I'm glad to be back." James smiles and reaches over to put a couple pats on her knee. Then, he gets out of the car and opens the door for her. They hug and say goodnight as usual. They are making their way back to the normality. "Good luck, Haseena."

Haseena gets into the house and hears the voices flying from the kitchen. This is the first time she comes home after what happened. She walks through the hall with the occasional flashbacks coming to visit. Once she arrives in the kitchen area, she sees her mom standing behind her dad who is trying to replace the stove knob. He doesn't seem to know what he is doing but as a dad, he is trying his very best to sort things out for his daughter.

"Dad, it will explode." Haseena greets her parents with the unusual greeting as she places her handbag on the counter. "Did you even get the right one?"

"Of course." Her dad argues quietly and gets a bit offended that his daughter underestimates his handyman skill. "I've fixed the ones at our house many times."

"No, he hasn't." Her mother whispers as she reaches her daughter with a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Karishma is outside, dear."

"Okay." Haseena glances through the window to see her favorite person sitting on the sun lounger in the moonlight. She is looking at the water in the pool as if it is something she has never seen before. Haseena looks back at her parents and takes her light steps towards her personal handyman who has traveled over 7,000 miles to fix things for her. She places her hand on his shoulder before leaning down to kiss his cheek. "Thanks, dad."

SP Malik smiles gently. "Go sit with your detective if you're scared that it will explode."

"I will. And it will, dad." Haseena suddenly feels like there is a spring on her feet as she spins her way to the refrigerator for a bottle of beer before making her way to the backyard.

Haseena doesn't announce her arrival but lets the sound of her heels touching the concrete ground do the trick. Karishma glances over her shoulder as Haseena straddles the lounger and wraps her arms around Karishma from behind. Haseena smiles and presses her lips on Karishma's shoulder.

"Hey." Haseena whispers.

"Hey." Karishma responds with a smile that Haseena has trouble seeing it clearly from where she is. However, she feels that the smile shines different light that isn't as bright as it used to. "How was your day?"

"Tiring. How was yours?"

"I was in jail." Karishma shrugs as she holds Haseena's hands that find their place on her stomach. "So it was alright I guess."

"You were dumb." Haseena rests her chin on Karishma's shoulder and murmurs.

"Handing the photos of us to the media is also dumb." Karishma mumbles. Her words are full of sound but the lack of confidence makes them so low. "Those photos that are flying around the internet are the ones your paparazzi Owen took when we were together in front of my apartment. I got the memory card from him, kept it at my place and... well, Angela gave you the keys to my place."

"You will be charged with kidnapping if I cannot prove that I went with you willingly. It is the only way." Haseena pulls her embrace back and watches Karishma turn towards her. Now, she can clearly see that the smile she saw earlier was just a huge facade that makes the huge mess look nice and neat.

"Haseena..." Karishma whines with frustration. She strokes her hair back and sighs before presenting her side of the opinion. "When the doctor clears me for duty, I want to be back with Homicide; not Media Relations. And basically, you've just given them what they need to keep me off the field and stand in front of those microphones to read stupid things."

"I thought you were leaving the PD." Haseena is confused and gets a little bit offended of how Karishma is leaning towards blaming her when she is only trying to help.

"I'm not." Karishma shakes her head. "I can't."

"What do you mean? You can." Haseena starts to raise her voice over Karishma's. She is getting a bit madder and it wasn't even her intention. "Don't you see what they are doing to you?"

"Haseena." Karishma places her hand on Haseena's that is on the lounger to calm her down and to calm herself down. Her intention is not to win this fight although she is pretty certain that Haseena's is a total opposite. She is trying to win as usual.

"This is the only thing I know how to do."

"Don't be ridiculous. Karishma, you know how to play piano -"

"You don't understand." Karishma cuts Haseena off as soon as she can predict the next line.

"So tell me because I want to understand." Haseena starts to pull Karishma's good arm when she starts to look away from her. "Karishma! What is wrong with you?"

Karishma puts her hand on her forehead and closes her eyes trying to escape the reality that is eating her alive. This is not what she wants; not even one bit. "Look. Your kidnapper is lying unconscious in the hospital. Our week is done. Don't drag this any longer than it should."

"What are you saying?" Haseena's irritation instantly drops to the ground. She heard every word but she needs more; not to understand but to confirm the cruel implication. Her voice is low but her will is still strong.

"My job is done, Haseena. The only reason I'm here is because your father invited me -"

Haseena holds up her hand to stop Karishma from saying something she considers as nonsense. Her eyebrows are furrowed and her mouth is formed into different words without letting out any sounds. She is carefully choosing her words that will not hurt Karishma nor herself but when she finds none, she goes with what she has. "You're saying that there is nothing between us?"

"Us. Here. We happened in the heat of the moment." Karishma turns to look at Haseena who still sits by her with emotions clearly shown in her eyes. They become so cold like a blizzard that can knock her off her feet. "Don't ruin your whole reputation for someone you met a week ago, Haseena. It's not worth it."

"That's for me to decide." Haseena is about to yell. Her frustration is about to explode.

"It was my pleasure to work with you, Miss Malik." Karishma extends her hand out politely.

Haseena furiously pushes Karishma's hand and walks away without saying anything more. There is nothing left to say when the actions are clear. She knows deep in her heart that Karishma cares about her more than words that leave her mouth. She knows but that doesn't mean she needs to tolerate Karishma's stubbornness of accepting it.

Haseena makes her way through the kitchen up to her room without saying anything to her parents who were secretly observing the scene. They don't call her name or stop her in her way. They let her and watch Karishma sneak her way out of the garden gate. Although this relationship is new for them to react, their concerns for their daughter is not. They also let minutes pass by before knocking on Haseena's bedroom door to check on her.

"Has dad changed?" Haseena asks quietly when her mom enters her room after a few knocks. "He'd better if we want to be on time for our 8 PM reservation."

"Your dad and I talked... and we think we should postpone our dinner for later." Her mom says as slow as her steps towards her daughter. She watches Haseena move left and right trying to look busy. Her hands are trying to put on an earring while her eyes are catching the sight of her mother whose smile is warmer than any fireplace. "We think perhaps you need to talk to Karishma."

"There is nothing to talk about." Haseena finishes putting her earrings on and sighs as she puts the outfit she has changed out of into the laundry basket. She ties her hair up in a loose ponytail and sees that the warm sight from her mom hasn't left her be. She sniffles and wipes her eye. "I don't want to talk to her right now."

"You know." Her mom starts as she sits down on the edge of the bed. "Being with your dad... I know a thing or two about police. They protect their people and they do it very seriously. Karishma might just feel -"

"She doesn't fail me." Haseena finishes her mom's sentence and throws herself down next to her. "She knows that."

"Okay..." Her mom wraps her arm around her daughter before Haseena rests her head on her shoulder. "We should go to dinner then."

"Yeah."

Officer Maria knocks on Karishma's door a couple times while holding Jabba's leash but when no one answers, she knocks a couple more.

"Karishma." The spare keys that she had been holding on for Karishma are now with Haseena and she runs out of way to get in without alarming anyone. She passed through the front gate solely because she ran into a familiar face. Now, such case can't help her. The only way to get in without getting Karishma to the door is calling Haseena whose phone is still in the evident room.

"Karishma."

Officer Maria' worry starts to grow by seconds that Karishma doesn't come to the door. She knows for sure that Karishma is in there. Karishma wouldn't spend the night elsewhere without telling her to take care of Jabba. Officer Maria is without a gun but she has never been without her courage. She decides to put her hand on the knob and turns. She turns so slowly as if it will fall off if she puts on an ounce harder than she should. Her heart drops when she finds it unlock. Karishma should have locked the door. Karishma should lock the door after everything.

Step by step, Officer Maria walks into the pitch-dark room that is now getting some light from the hall. She puts the leash noose around the knob and gestures Jabba to stay. Suddenly, the silence in this room becomes so scary. Suddenly, she feels the need to grab a knife from Karishma's kitchen in order to protect herself or Karishma if she needs to. Backup will be called if behind this bathroom door doesn't have a presence of Karishma. Then, the sigh of relief leaves her along with worry and fright.

"Karishma." Officer Maria says her old partner's name again when she sees Karishma sitting on the bathroom floor with her knees to her chest and her sling on the floor.

Karishma furrows her eyebrows until they knot together in confusion. "What-What is with the knife? Are you trying to kill me?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah!"

"Why are you in here?"

Karishma strokes her hair back and extends her legs out. She doesn't try to hide the weight that she is lifting. She doesn't try to hide the feelings that are overwhelming her. "I smelled Haseena's perfume on the couch and... I saw her on my bed. Wow, that sounds crazy out loud."

"I thought you were with her."

"Brian told me to shoot her." Karishma stares into the void and lets her voice travel through space to Officer Maria who stands her ground at the bathroom door. "He told me to shoot her. Then, I told Haseena to shoot him. Now, she can't sleep through the night."

"It was self-defense and you should know that better than anyone." Officer Maria hands over some peace of mind that is quickly rejected by the look in Karishma's eyes.

"I put her through that. Also, she is about to go through waves of stupid comments on those pictures." Karishma whispers and nods lightly like she is agreeing completely with what she has said. "And I still had a nerve for a split-second thinking that we were all set to be together."

"Karishma, you did not put her through that. Brian put you and her through that." Officer Maria argues with such intense tone that always finds its way to defeat Karishma. Karishma listens to this kind of tone. It is a command that she always follows. But not this time.

"We both know a little too damn well that I should have known it was Brian all along." Karishma says something that it has quickly become universally known among officers at the station. "I clearly and intentionally overlooked crumbs of bread he had dropped."

"I can't change your mind, can I?" Officer Maria sighs and gives in when undebatable truths start to leave Karishma's mouth. "I'll just grab a couple of beers."

Officer Maria leaves the bathroom door and unleashes Jabba who immediately finds its way to Karishma. He insanely bombards Karishma with kisses as if he hasn't seen her for 10 years. He makes Karishma feel better even for a while. A few minutes later, Officer Maria appears at the bathroom again. This time, she comes with a couple cans of beer in her hands. She hands one to Karishma before sitting down on the bathroom floor next to her.

"You'll regret this"

"Yeah"
________
Everyone: Finally KarEena are together🥰
Writer me: In your thoughts😈
Take care
Bye'll 👋 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 2.4K 32
A girl who accidentally discovers a creature which she shouldn't be knowing about! In order to save their breed from exposing to human they goes afte...
36K 6.3K 35
You all can derive the story from the title itself. Keep Supporting for more Kareena Story With Gratitude RJ
242K 17.5K 100
It's all about Yuki/KarEena. But with some twists and turns