Broken Blades

By darkest112

"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not ma... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE

FOURTEEN

54 10 4
By darkest112

________

S U M M E R

The glaring sun reminds me that it is already twelve noon and the alpha is set to show up any minute now. I could hear massive vehicles moving, heading towards my pack.  A strange feeling fills my lungs and for some weird reason, my wolf begins to pace. I try to converse with her and yet I don’t understand the emotions filling me at that particular moment. I shut her out when I feel a mind link coming through.

“They are almost here, alpha.” Jake mind links me somewhere in the massive trees. I had assigned everyone a place to occupy in case this alpha proves to be troublesome.

“Thank you, Jake.”

It takes only a few minutes before the vehicles come to sight. Two 2018 jeep wranglers and one Mercedes SUV head towards the border where Micah, Asher and I are standing. The strange and unknown feeling grows further in my lungs the closer the vehicle gets. With a few scrutinies from the pack patrol, the vehicles come to stand still.

I take a huge gulp of air, stilling my nerves in the process. Whoever this male is, my wolf is excited to meet him; I on the other hand, do not share her feelings.

The two jeeps open up and five males and three females alight from the vehicle. From their massive build and the attire adorning their forms, I am certain they are warriors and thetas of the pack. I wait eagerly for the other vehicle to open up and it does. A male emerges with dark features and a huge smile on his face. He has forest green eyes and dirty blonde hair neatly combed back. That is the only neat thing about him. He’s quite tall standing about 6’1.  From the looks of it, he isn’t the alpha but comes close to him from the potent energy radiating off of him in waves making him his beta, Roan.

I don’t have to wait for long before the other door of the car opens and my breath sticks to my chest at the formidable scent emanating from the man. My wolf tries to take over but I block her off, her behavior becoming even stranger.

The man emerges and I try my very best to maintain a neutral expression which is close to almost impossible. Alpha Ares is quite a sight to behold; being among the tallest people I have ever encountered. Broad shoulders strain the white shirt he has on as he stands up to his full height. Hazel eyes are visible from the distance and obsidian hair that seems to be cut short on his sides but longer and messy on top.  When his eyes meet mine in an intense lock, I have to hold my breath at the intensity of his look. I watch as his mouth part, eyes wide open almost in absolute shock. His hands lift as if to reach out for me and my eyes drop wide open. Realizing this, his hand drops and fists on his side. My eyes fall onto his again and the same look occupies his eyes and I shy away, staring at the people gathered behind him already lost in the scenery of my pack. I don’t want to know what he is all about at all.

“Welcome to Dark Storm Pack, Alpha Ares Black. I hope your journey went well.” I say staring at the man who had not taken his eyes off of me since his arrival.

When he is quiet, I glance at the beta that is glaring at his alpha. Feeling my eyes on him, he looks at me and smiles so widely that I am taken aback.

“Yes, it was wonderful, Alpha Summer or do you prefer Alpha Young?” I cringe at the name. I had not taken Logan’s family name but the reminder of it makes me shudder.

“No, Alpha Summer or Alpha Bellamy is okay.” I reply and he nods quite enthusiastically if you ask me.

“This is my beta, Micah and my third, Asher.” The said parties nod and shake hands with beta Roan and bow slightly to Alpha Ares, “You’ll meet the rest of my pack and warriors tonight.”

The alpha having snapped back to reality walks closer to us. His strange scent that awakens my wolf becomes even more powerful that I almost stumble away. I look at him and his eyes are dancing all over me almost lighting me up in the process. The guy is intense and my reaction to it is almost embarrassing. I don’t like it or him. 

“It is a pleasure to be in your presence, Alpha Summer and thank you for allowing us here.” Alpha Ares says as a huge grin forms on his mouth. I stare at the perfectly arranged dentals in his mouth and it irritates me.

“Well, do no celebrate yet. You informed my beta that you are planning to stay here for an unknown period of time but that is not it. I will only allow you to be here for two weeks, maximum. By then, I am hopeful you’ll be satisfied with your findings.” I explain and yet his smile does not falter or change.

“That is so gracious of you, Alpha Summer.” It irritates me.

“Well, beta Micah will take you to the cabins you will be occupying while you are here. Also, a schedule will be provided for you in order to familiarize yourself with what goes on in the pack.”

The schedule provided only work while they are in the pack and the moment they are gone they’ll be a completely different one in place. It is an important skill that I have learnt; be wary of everyone because you can never tell who has ulterior motives. Each and every one here will be assigned someone who will watch their every single move.

“Thank you again for having us, Alpha Summer.” The beta speaks and I almost roll my eyes.

It is not like I had a choice. Pack alliances are necessary for packs to thrive. A lone pack cannot thrive all alone; it is bound to fall and shatter.
I turn to Alpha Ares only to find him already looking at me. Without my permission, heat floods my cheeks for whatever reason that is. The sight of his face irritates me and I don’t know how to handle the emotion.

“Is there anything else you may require, Alpha Ares?” I ask, staring into his eyes, eyes that keep calling out to me.

“Yes, I was hoping for a tour of your pack while my pack goes to the cabin. Roan is capable of leading them while I am away for a while.” He says, his eyes flashing with strange emotions I cannot read. I was hoping to escape him from the time being but its proving to be difficult.

“That is okay. Asher can accompany us.” I say and I think I imagine it when his face falls only in the slightest. Was he planning on attacking me or something? That would be completely dumb on his part.

“That would be great.” I watch as Micah walks away with members of Ares’ pack until they disappear in the distance towards the many cabins located near the pack house. The cabins had been recently renovated just for this s particular thing.

I lead Alpha Ares further into my pack, vaguely aware of Asher trailing behind us. I am proud of what I have achieved in the pack so far. Without Logan, the pack is free to grow and thrive as it desires, myself only giving it a gentle nudge in the right direction.

By the end of the short tour around my pack, a grin is already occupying the alpha’s mouth. “Your pack is flourishing at your hands, Alpha Summer, your mate would be proud.” He tries to compliment and I barely hold back a flinch.

Noticing the shift in my emotions, his eyes fill with concern and shame. The fact that I deduce the emotions shocks me even further. “I apologize. That was quite inconsiderate of me.”

“It is okay Alpha Ares, Logan is bound to appear in some conversation so don’t fret.” I assure him hoping the emotions will leave his eyes. I never knew eyes could be so expressive, so full of emotions like his are, or maybe I’m being quite delusional.

“Nonetheless, I apologize for that.” He insists and the only acknowledgement I offer is a nod of my head.

This alpha is proving to be more challenging that I first anticipated. The purring of my wolf at his close proximity to me is irritating and completely flabbergasting.

“It is almost time for dinner. We should head back.” I tell him leading him towards a huge cabin that they share with his beta.

“You can share this cabin with your beta for easier communication. I will see you at dinner. Please keep time.” I state the moment we are standing by his cabin’s door.

He turns to look at me and I find myself getting lost in his gaze. His eyes shift from my eyes to my cheeks towards my nose and they fall on my lips. A strange flare rushes through me before it completely stills me to my core. I recognize what it is and tears almost forms in my eyes. He is a man, a man that can hurt me, a man that can use me, and a man that can shatter my emotions with no remorse. What am I thinking?

“See you later, alpha Ares.” I mutter before dashing away not waiting for his reply.

There is no way I am letting any man get close to me ever again no matter how curious my wolf is.

________

I am very poor at description, as noticed but I'm getting there so, it's okay.

Please note that Ares is not Summer’s second chance mate or anything like that. Summer would never accept him if he was. Logan destroyed Summer’s perception of mates and she would have rejected him instantly if that was the case.

However, I am here to make sure Summer gets the best experience in love ☺ I do not know how but I want her to be so loved that she doesn’t know what to do with it.

So what are your thoughts?

Predictions?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8M 219K 64
MATURE BOOK! MEANING MATURE THEMES, TOPICS SUCH AS SA, S*ICIDE, ETC... If ur definition of mature was just smut this book doesn't have it-BUT BEFORE...
13.1K 384 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
481K 14.8K 32
Abused. Beaten. Broken. Scarred. James is a desperate man caught up in a cruel existence of disgust and ridicule. OMEGA. A curse spit at him from his...
124K 4.5K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...