The Day The World Eclipsed ||...

By Smiles4Alifetime

Sun Wukong, Great Sage Equal to Heaven, has only ever had one fear. Being alone. After years of dealing with... More

Immortality's Curse
Forever Is a Long Time
Qi Xiaotian
Our New Life Begins
Da
Fear
Weakness
Entering Human Society is a GO!
Kind and Patient
Sweet Times
Brothers and Shadows
Return to Flower Fruit Mountain
The Desire To Be Better
The Slumbering Prince
The Wonderings of the Past
The day the Eclipse met the Moon
Art/fan art for this story
Settling In
Paint Jars
Priorities
Our World
Why 2, and not 3?(Part one)
Why 2, and not 3? (Part Two)

Past Grievances

645 32 20
By Smiles4Alifetime

The breeze against Wukong's nose was warm and welcoming. The day had been long but he had finally managed to finish his task.

"Andddd-" Wukong landed the cloud with a triumphant huff, "We're all moved in!" He took the five monkeys that had made the trip with him, sitting them down on the temple grounds. It had taken some time to move the Tribe from the mountain to here, but with enough determination he managed to do so. They had to wait for any new young to grow old enough for the long trip, but now everyone was settled. It had taken longer than Wukong intended, but the relocation could sometimes take an entire day's time- which he wasn't willing to do too often and leave MK by himself. Or inconvenience Sandy with too many baby sitting requests.

MK was eagerly chirping and squealing as he welcomed the 5 tribe members, running up to nuzzle and brush against them in welcome. "Hi! HI!" he cooed. He was eager to show them around, chirping for them to follow as he gave them a tour of the temple grounds. "I'll show you! I will...!"

Just as excited to see their young prince they leapt towards him, squeaking in delight. They followed him with glee, eager to get to know their new home. For some it had been a very long time since they last saw their Prince. To their surprise, he had grown so much- and at times even looked human when MK self-activated the glamor on his back.

Wukong was positive MK only did this to startle the other monkeys- the little scamp.

He was almost two now, growing far more than Wukong would like. He hardly crawled anymore, always walking proudly in his shoes. Which was a rather new change, considering the boy now never wanted to take them off. He had many different types as well- from sandals to tennis shoes.

The temple around them had really come together lately. The buildings had been restored for the most part and freshly grown flowers had replaced the weeds. Traces of MK's touch covered the paths and walls, colors and doodles expanding every inch. Besides their main home was a large branching tree, which Wukong had tied a tire to in the form of a swing for his little one. It was truly looking like a home.

Letting the tribe and Xiaotian run around for a long time Wukong got busy with cleaning up the after-mess. The mundane tasks steadied his mind, giving a sense of peace from its repetition. This easy-going and slow-paced life felt healing to his soul. Together they could live here, with their monkeys.

His son and tribe played together for hours that day, celebrating their true reunion until the sun had set and they grew tired. In a large pile, they had fallen asleep at Wukong's side. He mused at the sight, wiggling into the pile to hug his child and kiss his head. They had a big day tomorrow after all.

The eclipse was upon them.

MK's birthday was tomorrow.

The following day they were quick to head over to Pigsy's Noodles. As soon as he arrived MK was running to Sandy to hug him.

"Sandy!" he crawled into the man's arms, eager to show his coloring friend his drawings from the night before. Sandy had his own sketchbook in hand, both comparing and sharing their doodles. Of course, Sandys were far more detailed and tended to involve inventions and ship designs. He loved getting MK's input on colors though.

The two were already gushing about color pallets when Wukong got close, eagerly pointing to the choices Sandy had laid across the table. With the boy on his shoulders, the two looked over their supplies and ideas with vigor. MK couldn't speak his mind all that clearly yet. While some sentences were complete and easy to understand, there were still instances that his Star's mind tended to wonder, and what came out didn't exactly make any sense. It was like a blender with the top off sometimes. Sandy didn't mind this though, happily going over the plans with the boy and letting him work out his words at his own pace.

Sandy had become Qi Xiaotian's main babysitter after all. Wukong could often leave MK at the man's home for the two to paint and color all day. It was rather intimidating when Wukong first agreed to such a notion. From one hour to three, even all day when he had to gather the tribe, he left his cub with Sandy. Of course, Sandy was always thorough in caring for his son, and his son was always so happy when he returned.

This gave Wukong more time than he knew what to do with. He spent most of it with Tang and Pigsy when he wasn't fixing up the temple. They hung out, chatted about sports, and had even gotten Wukong a phone- spending a whole babysitting session just to show him how to use it.

And then quickly regretting it when Wukong swarmed their chats with pictures of MK at every given hour of the day.

Pigsy would watch Tang tapping away on his phone, feeling his own buzz in his pocket just to end his work shift and see the two had sent over 100 texts just to gush about the child or something dumb- like a Monkey King Game.

It made him have to turn off his phone completely just to have some peace during the day.

"Alright, I'm closing the shop," Pigsy spoke up around 3 P.M., knowing they still had to prepare for the kid's birthday party. Heading over to the sign he flipped the sign to close. Sandy was watching him, pausing in his coloring with MK to gather his things- taking it as a cue to leave.

"Well, I should get going then." Sandy mused, not wishing to overstay his welcome. Tang and Pigsy turned sharply to Wukong, eyeing him. The Father flinched, eyes wide and knowing exactly what they wanted. Especially since he had admitted to them that he wasn't quite sure how to approach Sandy on the concept of being...friends. Currently, they were like clients and workers- the parent and babysitter. There was a sort of workplace boundary between them in a weird way that Wukong wasn't sure how to push past. He didn't want to continue to steal all of Sandy's time with his friends just so he could watch his son.

Tang and Pigsy crane their heads towards their blue friend insistently, whispering for Wukong to say something.

"Oh Um... Sandy, wait..!" He called, catching his attention. The large blue man turned around, startled "Would you like to- uh, stick around? For the party? I know MK would love it if you did."

Sandy's eyes widen, "I wouldn't want to impose or anything." he scratches the back of his head, ducking it a little to smile at Wukong. "Would it really be alright?"

"Yes yes, of course." Wukong nodded quickly. It felt awkward, but he truly did wish for Sandy to stay. MK absolutely adored him, and Wukong couldn't deny he also wished to have a similar bond with him- like he did Tang and Pigsy.

"Thanks, Mr. Wukong." Sandy grinned. Still so formal when referring to the man. He settled his bag back down, "I'd be happy to help set up."

"You can start by getting the stuff from upstairs," Pigsy says, who had already long since begun preparations for the cake before the shop had even closed. "Mind grabbing it?"

"Sure thing!" Sandy gushed, rushing upstairs in pursuit of the party decorations.

MK watched Sandy go, getting off his chair to find someone else to play with. He chose Pigsy for his play partner- mostly because he enjoyed being Pigsy's little "Chef assistant".

"Get your apron first." Pigsy gestured to it. It hung on a wall where he often put his. It was a baby blue color, hanging just a little lower than Pigsy's so MK could easily reach it. The two-year-old waddled over to take it off the hook, putting it over his head and struggling to tie the back. Tang knelt down beside him to help. "Can't believe the kid is turning two already." Pigsy shook his head, amazed. "So he was really born on the solar eclipse?"

"Yup." Wukong nodded.

"What a special day~" Tang gushed, ruffling MK"s hair. "They say those born on a Solar Eclipse will live a good and fulfilling life."

Wukong was curious, hoping that was true, "Where did you hear that from?"

"I made it up myself," Tang says quickly, making Wukong frown and roll his eyes. Tang huffed, "Surely being born on the yearly eclipse is good luck though." he insisted.

"Right right..." Pigsy disappeared behind the counter, taking the cooled-off pan that held the contents of the cake. Carefully he freed it from the pan, resting it on a spinning cake design table.

Peering into the Kitchen, Wukong folded his arms with a smile. His child was standing on his tippy toes on the dark stool, leaning against Pigsy to peer around his shoulders. The pig was busy at work making the child his birthday cake with the utmost care.

"Cake~ Cake~" MK sang, clapping his hands.

"You're crowdin' me kid." Pigsy grunted but held no bite to his words. "How about you grab the peaches from the counter?" MK looked over and smiled when he spotted them. Stepping off the stool he pushed it to the other counter. Inches before reaching it he paused when Pigsy added. "And bring them here. Don't eat them."

MK pouted but did as he was told, returning with the bowl. It encompassed his entire arms, waddling to make sure not to spill anyway. It was a slow walk, but he eventually made it over to Pigsy.

Pigsy reached down to grab them, knowing they would add the peaches at the top at the very end. "Okay Champ, this is the best part." Pigsy winked at him, holding up the frosting. He gestured for MK to get closer, stepping around the child. "Alright, now... carefully." holding his hands over the child's, they squeeze the frosting from the tube in delicate petal-like shapes around the side of the cake. MK's eyes were wide with wonder, watching art taking form from his own hands.

Wukong grinned from ear to ear, a bubble of warmth springing from his chest. Pigsy was... good at this. He constantly insisted he didn't like kids, but he handled them fairly well. It made Wukong content to just sit and watch them bond. Tang slipped into the seat beside him, eager to watch the two work together. He quietly lifted his phone to take a picture. "Adorable."

Wukong chuckled, "They are."

It was a slow process, but with Pigsy's steady and patient hands over MK's, they eventually finished the work. With a perfect open circle on the top of the cake, Pigsy gestured to the cut up peach slices. "Over the top now." MK took a handful, decorating the top with them.

He grinned in delight, "Peaches~" he cooed. "Can I have peaches later?" he asked.

"You can have the entire cake later." Pigsy mused.

"Yes." MK whispered to himself in victory. "Peaches for me and Dada and Igsy and Tangy and Sandy~" the youngling sang, swaying his head.

As they did this Sandy had returned with a hefty box of decorations. Pigsy looked over the assortment of things, checking over the list Wukong and him had made earlier. "Cake...?"
"Done and done~" Tang eyed it along with MK, getting stern looks from Wukong so the two wouldn't eat it early.

"Decorations?" Pigsy checked it off.

"Just need to put them up." Sandy says.

Pigsy rubbed his chin, "Hmm, I would prefer we don't do it with MK. Maybe we could take him out of the house for a bit...?" not sure how to go about this, he went to the next option. "Got the Presents. Oh, but no Ice cream..." he opened the freezer, realizing they hadn't grabbed it yet. "Perfect." he rolled up the list. "Alright." Pigsy scooped up MK, holding him against his chest. "I'm stealing the kid for an hour to go get the ice cream. We'll stop at the park for a bit, go to the big store to waste some time, and then head back."

Wukong tilted his head, moving to get up from his chair, "Oh, I can take him to get it-"

"No." Pigsy frowned, pointing sharply at Wukong. "We need just Ice cream. If you take him you'll come back with far more than we need 'cause you can't say no to the kid." Wukong was stunned- but the silent nods of Tang and Sandy seemed to confirm his tendency. Pigsy snorted, "So I'm taking him while you set up." He gave a stern look to the other three, "This place better be set up by the time I return."

The three saluted, "Sure thing, Boss." they chanted. Wukong gave a grin, waving to MK. His boy waved back, smiling and nuzzling into Pigsy's shoulder. It felt a little easier to trust his friends in watching his son as of late. He didn't completely lose his mind the moment MK wasn't in sight.

It was actually nice. He felt they were truly living a normal life now.

"Okay, let's get started." Wukong turned to the box excitedly, tossing it open. They split the work up best they could. Wukong would get the hall, Sandy the back room, and Tang the main dining area. Wukong was eagerly lining streamers and balloons. Their second birthday together. It felt like just yesterday his little cub was born. Two years were nothing to an immortal after all, but somehow he felt he accomplished more and witnessed more these last two years than the 500 before them.

If MK had been born when he had originally planned, his boy would be around 500 years old by now. What a strange thought... Of course, as a demon, he wouldn't quite age the same way mortals did. He would still grow relatively fast until he reached adulthood. Once he turned say 17 his aging would slow down. 17... a teen... that felt way too far away to think about.

"Focus," he told himself.

Heading to the end of the hall, musing on a nice way to put up the balloons, Wukong spotted Sandy. The man had brought the kettle in from the kitchen, settling it over a heat-safe cloth on the table. There was a sort of- solace in his eyes. The room felt still. It was like he was peeking into something he shouldn't. Half tempted to leave it be, he spoke up instead.

"What are you doing?" Wukong asked as Sandy sat down. The man had his hands on his knees, back straight and eyes closed.

With a few deep breaths, he poured himself some tea to sip. He let it settle in his stomach before answering,  "Tea break~"

Wukong snorted, "Don't we have just an hour to get this ready?"

Sandy waved him off, "Nothing is wrong with a tea break Mr. Wukong. It'll be quick. 5 minutes... 10 tops." he produced a second cup, holding it out enticingly to Wukong for the man to join him. Glancing down the hall, Wukong pursed his lips to join Sandy. Surely Tang could do some of the work by himself for just 10 minutes.

Taking the cup, he took a long sip, sighing at how nice it felt going down his throat. "Jasmine tea, hmm?" he asked.

"It's quite good." Sandy chuckled.

Wukong nodded in agreement, noting a large scratch that took up the majority of Sandy's arms. It was deep- more like just a long paper cut. "What happened there?" he asked. He wondered if it was from Sandy's cats.

Sandy glanced down at it, "Oh this? Just some roughhousing." he mused, waving it off.

Wukong was confused, tilting his head in the exact same way MK always did when he was puzzled. Sandy couldn't help but be reminded of MK in a lot of small ways. The boy seemed to take physically off his other parent- but his goofy and friendly demeanor definitely stemmed from Wukong. Ah, but there was one thing about MK...

He glanced at the scratch on his arm. He hadn't told Tang and Pigsy about this....

Not yet, anyway. He wanted to talk about it when it next happened, so Wukong could see for himself what Sandy was talking about. So he continued to hold his tongue, sipping his tea.

It wouldn't be long for the solar eclipse to begin. Already you could see the moon creeping its way closer and closer. Tearing his eyes from the window he could see how Wukong shifted a little in his seat. He seemed uncomfortable- or maybe he was just reaching for something to talk about. "I appreciate being invited to the birthday party." Sandy opts to speak first, easily able to keep talking for the both of them. Though, he felt himself drawn into the serenity the tea brought him. It drew his eyes close, sighing peacefully.

"O-Oh, yes. Happy to have you." Wukong nodded eagerly. He glanced down at his cup, "We don't really get to talk much outside of you babysitting." another few awkward seconds passed and he sighs, "Sorry, I'm making this weird." Sandy probably wasn't really interested in friendship with him.

Sandy's eyes pop open, "No no, not at all. I just don't talk as much as I normally do when I drink tea." At this point, Sandy puts his cup down for a moment. "I assure you, I don't feel it's strange at all to talk to. I do hope we can do so more often." His smile is warm and, in a way, rather innocent. "Tangy and Pigsy are so fond of you, and I can see why." he chuckled. "You are sweet."

Wukong flinched a little. The Great Sage Equal To Heaven- Sweet. Is that how Tang and Pigsy actually referred to him or is that just Sandy's own thought of him? He couldn't tell.  Once again treating him like some little baby brother or something. He tried not to let the annoyance show on his face, but it was impossible. Sandy was already chuckling.

Taking a big chug of the tea, Wukong frowned, "You know, you weren't quite what I pictured.' Wukong admitted. "Especially with how Pigsy has talked about you."

The taller man gave a sheepish laugh, "Oh really? Yeah uh- I was quite a different guy from my young days with Pigsy." he glanced away, "Changed a lot."

"I keep getting told that." Wukong nodded, leaning against his own palm. "Though it's hard to imagine you as anyone else other than who you are right now." a large teddy bear of a man who his son won't stop talking about most of the time. Perhaps though, he might see more of what Tang and Pigsy were talking about if he continued to be around him.

"If it's hard for you to imagine, that puts my mind at ease," Sandy says genuinely, a soft hush in his tone. When Wukong looked at him again, the man was staring out the window, the cup held firmly in his hand. His lips contorted into a thin line. "I came a very long way, so it's good to know my hard work is something one can physically see."

"...Oh?"

Sandy tapped the rim of his cup with his finger, circling the edges. He seemed to be debating something as his eyes took in Wukong's presence. Finding his decision, he spoke up with a weak chuckle, "It was.. Bad." he admits. He puts his cup back down for a second time that day, waving his hands about. "Like, real bad."

"Come on.." Wukong kept a casual demeanor, "Surely not the worse."

Sandy wrung his hands together. "Well..." earnest but nervous eyes flickered around the room now, struggling to meet Wukong's eye. "Every little thing seemed to set me off." Sandy shrunk a little, looking small. Which felt almost impossible for a man of his size, "If someone was rude I had to point it out. I had to step in. I was agitated all the time." While on the surface that didn't sound that bad, Wukong could see a swirl of clouded emotions behind Sandy's eyes. "For a long time, I was fine with that, but it progressively got worse. I'd have these... thoughts. These dreams I couldn't explain. It's like they spurred me on." he folded his hands together, hunching forward. "It was like sometimes I wasn't even me."

"What do you mean?" Wukong asked quietly.

Sandy gave a little shrug, "I'm not quite sure myself. Pigsy and I, we used to get into some scuffles. Pick fights with these... unsavory sort of fellas." he shook his head, "I was out for blood every time. It's like these guys had done some horrible thing to me, even when they hadn't? I was always fighting like my life depended on it." he stares at his hands for a moment. He could still recall a few years back, when he finally realized he needed to make a change.

He wasn't quite sure what had caused it, but he had been with Tang and Pigsy at the time. A bunch of bullies Pigsy and him had been constantly pushing back and forth with had shown their faces. Approaching them behind Pigsy's shop. At this point, Tang hadn't been fully aware of the things they had been getting into.

When he tried to step between them and work something out, he got caught up in the mess of it all. Ended up hitting his head against the ground and fell unconscious. He was fine, thank goodness but- all Sandy could remember seeing was red.

It was like he was somewhere else. With someone else. The familiar taste of a war ground, blood on his knuckles, and bile rising in his throat. There was a spark of survival instinct on the back of his neck and the feel of someone's back against his- like the sun, taking on the world from the threats that seem to consume their day-to-day. He soaked in the violence- tossing his fists without regard. Like they deserved it- like he craved it. Like this was the only path he ever knew and would ever know. How easily their bones crunched under his grip. How small they were in comparison to him. They were nothing.

If they would just leave him and his companions alone so they could keep moving West-

It was only when he heard Tang speak again that he realized what he was doing.

Cradled in Pigsy's arms, his glasses broken and his eyes wide with... unspoken terror at the sight of Sandy standing over the men. He had nearly killed them. They had been in critical care for quite sometime after that. If Sandy had his way that day, they would have never left the hospital alive.

"S-Sandy... Please..." He had never wanted Tangy to look at him like that. Like some monster...

His two friends, the people who meant everything to him, could hardly recognize him. Their normal warm eyes trembled. Pigsy seemed to flinch when Sandy stepped closer...!

Sandy recoiled, staring down at his hands.

What had he done...? What had he done?! The men lay across his feet, unmoving. He had wanted to kill them.

He fell onto the ground, crawling back against the wall behind him in fright. What had h-he done...?? His hands shook, tears welling in his eyes. He was a monster. He was a mo-

Tang and Pigsy had reached him then. Tang touched him first, his hand cupping Sandy's face gently. There was a serenity in his voice, sort and assuring. He drew Sandy from his thoughts, "This isn't you." his lower lip trembled. "You're okay now, Sandy. Nothing is going to take us away from you. So, please... Don't leave us too..."

Drawn into Tang and Pigsy's arms, he shuddered. When he held them, he could feel just how delicate they were between his fingers. Life, as a whole, was fleeting and small. Easily broken if he didn't take the time to properly care for it.

He wanted to take care of it. He didn't want to be the kind of person who took it away without regard, or reason. Whatever thoughts he had, he despised them. He wanted them gone.

After that day, the concept of violence or fighting made him sick to his stomach. He couldn't stand who he saw in the mirror.

It had been many years since then, and the journey wasn't easy, but he found peace within himself. It was small, and sometimes he still heard that voice whispering in the back of his head- but he was okay.

"At some point, I had to- I wanted to change." His smile was small. "I wasn't me anymore. I had lost myself."

Wukong's eyes held something quiet behind them as he listened to Sandy's story. An understanding he couldn't put into open words. "You really turned yourself around." Wukong noted quietly. He drummed his finger on the table, turning his eyes to the side of the room. "It must have been hard." he says after a beat of silence.

Sandy nod was weak but positive, "But... I feel like I can hold my head a little higher lately." his smile was as bright as the sun itself. The lovable good nature of the man's soul is clear in his eyes.

Wukong smiled back, albeit a tad sadly. He was happy for Sandy, but something like that sounded impossible for someone like him. "Wish I had the sort of courage you do." he spoke aloud.

"I'm not sure if it was courage, necessarily. More of desperation for a change." Sandy admits. It didn't take a genius to notice the way Wukong stared down quietly at his hands. It reminded Sandy of himself. "You know..." Sandy settled a warm hand on Wukong's back. "I didn't do this change alone. I had support... I got help. Some things you just can't do on your own, and that is okay."

Wukong tensed at the very notion. Help... Nothing could help him after what he's done. "I..." he trailed off. What could he even say?

"Therapy, for starters." Sandy points out. "If you are ever interested, I could recommend some wonderful therapists." it was a comment made in good nature, not one meant to point out any flaw or issue with Wukong personally.

Wukong swallowed, "I'm good." he said tightly. "I don't really need someone telling me how messed up my brain might be."

"Therapy isn't quite like that." Sandy says, eyes wide. "It's more like.. Uuuhhh...." he struggled for a word. "Maintenance?" he says, unsure.

Wukong gave him a frown, curling his eyebrow up. "Maintenance," he repeats. The large blue man nodded.

"Well yeah. It's like when you gotta brush your teeth. Or taking a shower. It's taking care of your body, but in this case, your brain. It's a sustainability kind of work." Sandy gave a small nervous smile, not quite sure how else to put it and hoping he wasn't deterring Wukong from the idea of it, "Some people can thrive just fine in the bed they make for themself." he glanced away. "I, personally, just couldn't. And just because I go to therapy doesn't mean it's right for everyone." he says quickly, "It's a choice and there is no shame in whether you want it or not." 

Wukong considered that. Sustainability.

Sandy rummaged through his pocket, pulling out a worn-down card that seemed to have made its home in his wallet for quite some time. He put it on the table, saying, "This is my therapist's card. I've had it... forever now. If you are interested, I'll leave it here for you."

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm good." Wukong slunk into his chair a little.

Sandy gave a weak laugh. After a moment, he reached down to pat Mo- the ever-loyal cat who never left his side. And who rested on his foot. He seems to take this cat everywhere with him. "I got Mo here for some emotional support, actually." he noticed how Wukong stared. "Plus, he's just my little baby~" As he said this, he heard Tang calling to him from the other room. "Ah! We should get back to getting ready!" he leaped to his feet, realizing that 15 minutes had gone by. With a boisterous laugh, he says, "Sorry for talking your ear off. It was nice talking to you... Wu." he grinned

Wukong's ears twitched at the sound, glancing at Sandy as he headed down the hall. He felt himself smile a little, rubbing the back of his neck. Finishing his tea, he figured he should get back to the party prep before Pigsy returned with MK.

Standing he grabbed the streamers and balloons, steadying them in his hands. "..." After a quick survey of the area, he eyed the card on the table.

I don't need that.

He took a total of two steps before he sharply turned on his heels. With no one looking, he snagged the business card and pocketed it. Just to look at later...

Returning to the main room, it was a rather pitiful sight. Tang had inflated one balloon in the 10 minutes they were gone and had messily stuck it to the wall. The man looked exhausted.

"Really?" Wukong sighs.

"I'm working very hard, Wu." Tang insisted, struggling to blow up the next balloon, his cheeks a bright red from the exertion.

"Sandy and I have already finished our areas." Wukong gestured down the hall, huffing. Tang gave him a side-eye.

"Oh...? How speedy. Surely your excellent party decorating skills would be far better at this than I. I would only ruin the theme~" he put the back of his palm to his forehead, falling back into a chair. "I would only be a bother~"

"Don't-" Wukong scowled.

"I surely must excuse myself from the team. I'm too much of a burden! I must put this on your trusted shoulders." He shoved the packet of balloons into Wukong's chest. "There~" he fell back fully, rolling under a table.

"Tangy no!" Sandy wailed. "Don't worry! We can set up the dining area for you."

Wukogn scoffed, "No, don't tell him that! He's doing this on purpose!" he threw his arms out when Sandy already began to toss the streamers around. "You are instigating his behavior!"

Tang made a noise like a snort, "What a Father thing to say~ Old man~"

Wukong dropped to a crouch in front of the table to try and drag Tang out, "You bet I am, young man!" he grabbed him out by his heels, and sharply heaved him out. Tang whined as Wukong forced him to take the balloons as he blew them up. "Put them on the wall." he pointed to them.

Tang groaned, grumpily sticking them up. If only his Master could see them now; Wukong would have to be the adult and make sure they stay on task...

Eventually, much to Tang's arguing, the area was decorated to perfection. Wukong dusted off his hands, eagerly looking out the window for his child to return. He could see Pigsy and MK not long after, returning hand in hand with some ice cream in a bag.

As soon as the doors open the three are throwing their arms up to yell, "Happy Birthday!"

MK jumped a little, his starry eyes doubling in size. He squealed a moment later, jumping excitedly. MK circled the room in awe, staring at all the dazzling balloons. "Balloon!" he pointed them out gleefully. "So many! Dada look, so many!"

"I know buddy~ Isn't it exciting?" He knelt down to scoop his little guy up, kissing his cheeks. "All for you. My little man~"

Getting MK into his seat, with his doll Ke right beside him, Pigsy set up the candles on the cake and lit them. Two little candles for the sweetest little two-year-old. Carrying the cake over, the group began to sing, dimming the lights. The light's of the cake illuminated MK's chubby cheeks. His starry eyes seemed filled with the entire universe, twinkling in the light.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear- Xiaotian!" They threw their arms up, cheering for the boy. "Happy birthday to you!"

MK clapped his hands, his smile big and excited. He giggled, covering his mouth and squealing.

"Now make a wish." Wukong told him. "Something super important."

MK thought about it, patting his knees. When he finally thought of something he covered his mouth. "Can I tell Dada?" he asked beneath his palms.

Wukong was startled, "Um- I-it might not come true if you do. That is one of the rules." he tells his son.

"But I wanna tell you." his son says innocently.

"I'm sure it's fine." Tang chuckled. "It's the eclipse after all. A wish today is more powerful so I'm sure it'll still come true."

With that said Wukong smiled and leaned closer. MK cupped his hands around his mouth to whisper into his Father's ear, "I wanna eat the cake."

Wukong pursed his lips, his eyes crinkling as he laughed, "Xiaotian, that isn't a wish." he turned into his son, chuckling against his shoulder. MK was rather confused.

"It's not?"
"You can eat the cake, promise." Wukong brushed a tear from his eye, having laughed so hard. "Think of another wish, okay?"

"And quickly, the candles are melting." Pigsy folded his arms.

MK thought about it again. He stared at the candles as he contemplated this wish. Before saying it this time, he took a big breath and blew them out in one go. Everyone cheered as he did so. Wukong expected MK to immediately tell him about his wish, but MK didn't seem to want to share it this time. "You made sure to think of a wish, right?" Wukong coaxed, worried MK might have just forgotten that part of the candles.

MK gave a nod,  a spark of determination in his eyes. "I did."

"Don't wanna share it this time?" Pigsy mused.

MK covered his mouth. "You said it might not come true.." the toddler pouted. He wanted this wish to come true. So he swallowed down the wish so he wouldn't risk telling his Father it. "Cake please! Two! For Me and for Ke." he pointed to his doll. 

The four laughed.

Handing out slices of cake the 5 sat together at the table, chuckling at how messy MK's face became the more he ate. His little hands eagerly took large holds of the cake to stuff into his mouth. "Qi, a fork." Wukong tried to coax his child into using utensils when eating. They had practice chopsticks at home too, but MK never took a liking to those.

Taking the fork into one hand, the child continued to eat with his other hand, just holding the fork out to the side. Wukong frowned as his friends laughed.

"He'll get there, I'm sure." Tang giggled. "Seemed like just yesterday he hated shoes."

"Nothing had been as bad as the shoe battle." Wukong agrees, leaning his head back. MK still wore a diaper too. They said most kids tended to be potty trained by three so that probably meant he should start trying to introduce that to him. Ughh, but he really didn't want to do that.

Settling his mind he scooped some cake into his mouth, lips curling at the sweetness. The frosting was so light and fluffy. "You know PIgsy, you should really consider opening a side bakery," he insisted. "This cake is sooo good."

"That is what I keep telling him." Tang nodded. Pigsy was rolling his eyes avoiding their stares.

"Noodles and cakes don't exactly mix," he grumbled. "I wouldn't have time to get a second brand going. Cakes take a long time. You gotta make them, let them cool, decorate them. I would need more staff to do that and I'm not exactly hiring right now."

Wukong took another bite, "Whatever you say- but this is good!"

"Igsy~" MK giggled with his Dad. "Good~"

Pigsy snorted, smiling at MK as he reached over to brush some cake off his chin. "Glad you like it Kid."

Finishing their meal, they tore open MK's presents, which consisted mostly of art supplies and some new clothes. MK loved them all, but it was clear he was more excited for the big event; The Eclipse.

With their little glasses to protect their eyes, though Wukong didn't need these (still put them on anyway), they rushed outside to watch the eclipse. It was a beautiful sight. And when the moon fully covered the sun, they removed their glasses to stare at the blanket of shroud that covered the world.

The silver-rimmed circle around the sun was breathtaking. Wukong had seen it countless times. Once, he hated the sight of it- now, as he held his cub, it was the most beautiful thing in the world. Holding his son tight, he glanced at his boy. "Like it, Xiaotian? Feel good?"

3MK had his eyes closed, his nose lifted upward. He was basking in the silvery shroud, exhaling- unknowingly even doing so. He looked at peace, like he had come home after a long journey. Leaning against his Dad, MK murmured.

"I feel good, Dada." he agrees in a soft murmur, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Yeah?" Wukong nuzzled him. Of course, he would. The eclipse's power was his own after all. He was certain all of MK's power, if he ever showed any, would be at its peak on days like today. Of course MK showed no sign of anything yet. So he patted his child's back, watching how MK's eyes shined with the same intensity of the eclipse. His child reached his hand upward, like he wanted to touch the eclipse itself. Of course, with such little hands, he could never reach quite high enough. When he pouted Wukong chuckled, kissing his head.

"Maybe one day," he mused. MK took that notion seriously, reaching his hands even higher, gritting his teeth in his attempt. Finally giving up to admit defeat.

"One day," he sighed. He lifted his head back upward.

Eventually, the solar eclipse ended, and the world returned to normal. MK's eyes lost their quite shimmer, but never quite lost the starry look. His boy's expression was complex, watching the Eclipse carefully. When it was over, he seemed drawn back to reality. "...All done." he held his hands out, innocent and sweet. Everyone gave a cheer, continuing their celebrations.They themselves returned into Pigsy's shop to put on some music. They danced like nobody was watching, twirling around tables and dragging poor Pigsy to join them.

Tang took MK's hands, dancing back and forth with the child. They swayed to the music, MK standing on Tang's feet as the man moved them around. Sandy cooed, pulling out his camera to record this. Definitely making sure to catch Wukong dragging Pigsy around to convince the man to dance as well.

"Knock it off, Wu!" Pigsy grunted, pissed and embarrassed. Especially when Sandy turned the camera towards him.

It was perfect. It was normal, serene, and everything Wukong wanted. He could happily give up his immortality if it meant he could live a single mortal life like this.

The music, the games, the cake- lots of cake. Tang and MK had their full and then some. It warmed Wukong's soul at how they got along so well. Both little gluttons in their own respective way.

"If you eat too much you're gonna crash later." Pigsy warned.

"We're fine~!" Tang insisted, running around with MK before, as predicted, hardcore collapsing when their energy drastically dropped. They both fell into Sandy's awaiting arms, knocking the man to the ground.

"Honestly these three." Pigsy sighed, staring down at Tang and Sandy, passed out with MK strewn over their chests. Wukong chuckled, carefully putting a blanket over the three for them to nap in peace.

"Sugar crash." he mused.

Pigsy rolled his eyes, taking a picture. "At least they had fun, I guess. Might as well take advantage of the situation" Taking to the kitchen, he opened the fridge. Pigsy held up two cold beers, gesturing for the stairs up to the roof. "Wanna join?" he asked.

Wukong felt his smile bloom over his face, eagerly joining the pig up the steps. Leaving the others to sleep the two took to the roof, enjoying the sight of the setting sun slowly stretching over the city. The warm orange and yellow hues colored their faces.

They clicked their drinks, basking in the light.

"What a day." Wukong mused. "Thanks for helping to set this all up."

"Don't mention it. Making a cake is easy." he swirled his drink a little. "Plus-" his voice got a little quiet, gravely when he said, "The kid and you are family now, after all."

"Awww~" Wukong cooed, leaning against Pigsy teasingly.

Pigsy shoved him a little, snorting. "Oh shut it, Wu."

For the next hour they talked about nothing in particular. Making some snide jokes and chuckling over Tang's antics.

At some point, Pigsy drew still. His eyes were locked on the city, drawn to something unseen. It was something Wukong had noticed the Pig doing a lot lately. Lost in though and looking somewhere else.

"You okay?" Wukong asked after a time.

Sipping his beer, Pigsy leaned back to eye the sunset. "Oh, yeah." he shakes his head. "It's days like these that get me thinking about..." he trailed off. He shakes his head, "Nah, never mind."

Wukong wasn't one to give up on something so easily, "Oh come on, what was it? You can tell me." he says, honestly when he says this. Pigsy looked like he believed him.

"...Did you always know you wanted kids?" he voiced the question in his head, letting it linger in the air.

Pausing mid-sip, Wukong contemplated this odd question. "I'm not sure." he couldn't really recall ever thinking about it in great detail until Mihou brought it up. "At some point, I knew I did- when I was asked if I wanted some. But I don't think I really thought about it that deeply before."

Pigsy mused, twirling the can in his hand to jostle the liquid within. "I always knew."

Wukong smiled, honestly shocked. Pigsy wanted kids? "Yeah, you want kids one day? Since when?"

A heavy silence filled the air. There was something in Pigsy's eyes that Wukong had never seen before- a vulnerability to the normally gruff exterior. It was sad and somber, hiding something Pigsy didn't quite seem comfortable touching upon. He continued to talk anyway, "Did I ever tell you I was married?" he asked.

Wukong nearly choked on his drink, not expecting anything like that to come from his lips. "W-What?!" he brushed the loose droplets from his chin, stunned. "You definitely didn't?! When was this??"

"Years ago now. And it didn't exactly last long." the older pig mused. "I was young, barely older than 20. I was convinced by my parents I had to get married and have kids as soon as possible because that is what everyone was doing. So- you know... I did?"

Wukong eyed his friend for any sign of a ring or something to give him this hint, but there was nothing. Lowering his can, he leaned forward on the edge of his seat, waiting with baited breath for Pigsy to speak again. Completely enthralled by his tale.

"I don't really talk about it." Pigsy shrugged, not quite sure what Wukong was expecting out of this. He wasn't even sure why he was even bringing it up now. Tang and Sandy already knew, so there wasn't really a point going into it with them. They were there and experienced it firsthand. Watched him crumble and fall apart right at their feet. It was something he could easily let die in the past, but something about having a little kid around all the time kept bringing it up in the back of his mind. "My Ex-Wife was uh.. She was a great gal, don't get me wrong." he smiled. "Loved to cook, and loved even more to eat." he mused. "We got along great. I wouldn't say it was that like- soul-shattering type of love though? We dated for so long and everyone else around us was getting hitched so we just went along with it too. Made our parents happy and we both knew how to coexist and could probably have stayed married and happy."

Wukong swallowed, quietly listening. He had never imagined Pigsy as the kind of guy to settle down. In his past life, he wasn't exactly known for having a good track record when it came to women. Of course, the Pigsy he knew now vastly differed from his past self.

"We always talked about our future. I would take over the shop from my folks, and we would run it together. Then, one day, if they wanted, I would pass it down to our kids. That was the dream." he rattled on, his voice darkening. "It just wasn't meant to be."

Wukong felt himself asking in a small voice. "Why?" If they got along and things were great, what had stopped them?

Pigsy smiled, weak and tender. A weakness that too often hid behind stubborn pride. "She wanted kids and I did too. The issue was that I... couldn't." his voice was in shambles, chugging a quick swig of his bear. "We tried. Eventually, we figured out there had to be something wrong. We both got ourselves checked and I was the issue. We argued a lot about it. Kids were a deal breaker for us."

"Pigsy..." his voice was tragic with dismay. He hadn't meant to, but a strangled noise escaped his throat.

It made Pigsy jump, overwhelmed by the pure agony that took Wukong's eyes. He looked away, rubbing his arm. He kept talking, the silence too crushing to face. "S-Something about kids is really amazing ya know." he pushed forward before they could linger on that subject too long. "They become your entire life, even when they don't exist yet." he closed his eyes. grimacing. "I don't blame her for leaving. I actually heard she has a family now. Three kids." he tilted his head, pitifully whispering. "Really sweet and healthy kids. Just like she wanted. I'm happy for her."

Wukong swallowed, his heart clenching tightly in his chest. He knew this pain too well. Far too well. To be denied the one thing you wanted more than anything else. "I'm sorry." he choked out.

Pigsy shook his head insistently,  "Whoa hey hey, I didn't mean to- come on now." He lightly tapped his fist to Wukong's cheek in a playful way, desperate to draw a smile from the guy. Wukong being sad was- well... It was heartbreaking. "Don't look at me like that. It's not the end of the world. It's just... one closed door."

Wukong brokenly hung his head, "But it's a big door."

Pigsy grew still. A few moments later, he softly agreed. " Yeah ." Chugging the rest of his beer, he squished the can to toss it over his shoulder. It felt good to talk about it after all these years, but he worried he really dampened the good vibes of the day. Standing, he inhaled deeply, letting go of the spiraling tumbles in his chest. "You got yourself a good kid."

Wukong brushed the back of his palm to his face. He nodded in somber agreement. "I do."

Hitting Wukong's shoulder, Pigsy gestured to him to stand up. "Come on, let's get back downstairs." He hadn't meant to bring the mood down so much. He wasn't even sure why he brought the subject up. It had just been on his mind a lot lately and he wanted to confide in someone. He knew Wukong had lost a loved one before, so maybe that is why it felt easier to tell him.

He was glad he chose Wukong. The man seemed to understand him far more than Tang And Sandy ever could. Made Pigsy wonder if Wukong had also ever lost... No. He had MK. Surely Wukong had never experienced the loss of a child before. He let the thought die away, knowing if Wukong ever wanted to talk about it one day, he would.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Pigsy paused at the door, noting how Wukong stared at his feet. "Cause I... man really, I'm sorry for bringing it up. It's a real downer, I know."

The man flinched a little and quickly nodded. "No No, Pigsy it's... it's fine.." he scratched the back of his head. 'Thanks for telling me about that. It must have been hard to do so."

Pigsy gave a small nod. "Well.. yeah." he shrugged. Now that it was said and done he felt awkward about opening up so much like that. "I'm in a good place now though." he can see how Wukong is looking at him, with worry in his eyes. "I'm happy," he assures him, patting Wukong's shoulder. "Couldn't be happier, actually. Since the kid and you showed up, it's been good."

Wukong's eyes widened. Something like- guilt, crossed his expression. Pigsy wasn't sure why but didn't ask. Actually, he had a feeling he already knew...

"Gimme a smile," he instructed.

'Huh?" Wukong was confused.

"I need to know you aren't like- feeling down about my poorly timed tragic backstory." Pigsy huffed. "So come on, smile." he tried to lighten it up. He hoped it was working. Tang was better than him at this. He always drew a smile from Wukong no matter what.

Wukong's lips twitched up pathetically.

"Gimme a better smile."

Wukong tried again, grumbling when Pigsy snatched his cheeks and tried to force a bigger smile on his mouth. "Ow ow- Knock it off!" he slurred, tearing away from his fingers.

So, with that somewhat resolved, they ventured downstairs. After the quickest of power naps, Tang and MK were coming to. It was getting a tad late by this point and it was best everyone started heading home.

During clean-up, Wukong had been uncharacteristically quiet. Which Pigsy blamed himself for.

He spoke to MK in soft whispers, keeping to himself mostly. Pigsy worried it had to do with their conversation, and he supposed it may have stemmed from it- but something else seemed to be on their friend's mind too.

"Hey Wu," Pigsy called to him. The man turned, eyes heavy.

"Yes?"

"Want to take the leftovers home?" Pigsy held them up, hoping to spur a conversation.

"Oh..." Wukong approached the counter. "Sure." he nodded, eyes downcast. Pigsy frowned, quickly packing the food up. During it Wukong didn't say a word. How could he?

Learning about Pigsy and Sandy's past put a lot of things into perspective for him. These three were working their hardest to live the best lives they could. And what was he doing...? What would they think if they knew what he was really like? If they knew the blood that stained his hands...

They had all trusted him with a piece of themselves. Yet, he held the biggest lie above them all. It made his insides twist with guilt.

It made him feel furious with himself and feeling undeserving of the trust they had all shown him. It's been just about two years since meeting them. They weren't going to get any younger. At some point, they would notice that he didn't age. MK might even look older than him one day and that thought terrified him.

He had to tell them. He had to.

It was only fair they knew what he was. They needed to know the monster he hid from them. All three of them were good and wonderful people. He just hoped they wouldn't cast MK away once they knew.

Tell them.

If he didn't do so now, he might never!

Tell them! If they truly mean anything to you, then tell them!

Wukong hung his head, gripping his shirt tightly,  "I... have something I need to tell you guys...!" he spoke abruptly, his voice loud enough to shake the table. 

The three turned to their forlorn friend, startled.

"Wu?" Tang asked. "What's with the sad look?"

"I..." Wukong grit his teeth. He hesitated.

No. Tell them! Don't be a coward!

"I- I've been lying to you guys," he says. MK was at his feet, holding onto his pant legs. He stared up at his Father with wide eyes, hugging Ke tightly to his chest. Wukong slipped his hand onto his head, comforting himself by curling his fingers through MK's soft hair. "I need to come clean."

Pigsy and Tang exchanged a look before nodding, "We're listening Wu. Whatever you need to say, we'll understand." they had never seen him so nervous- so scared...? Both of them had a small inkling of what this might be about but kept themselves quiet just in case.

"No you-" Wukong shook his head. "You won't." his eyes met them, blurry with emotions. He had to do this. Like ripping off a bandaid. He needed to do it before he lost his nerve!

"My real name is... Sun Wukong. " removing his glamor, he stood before his friends, praying nothing would change from this reveal. "The Monkey King."

"Oh...!" Tang covered his mouth.

The shock in his friends' eyes was expected. The silence was expected.

...The handing of money though, was not.

"Pay up." Tang held out his hands. Pigsy sighed heavily, offering the man 20 dollars from his pocket. He cursed quietly under his breath.

Wukong locked in on the sight, his eyes twitching. "I... wait wait- what was that??" he pointed to it, dumbstruck.

"Nothing, don't mind it." Tang says, quickly hoarding away the money. He took a breath, like he was preparing for a scene, and then- 'OH my gosh~!" it was loud and over dramatic. "You are the Monkey King!? I had... No idea~!"

Wukong's mouth fell open because Tang DEFINITELY had an idea with that poor performance. In fact, it wasn't just him. Sandy was just smiling- which honestly could just be that the large blue man hadn't registered what was happening. But Pigsy! He looked calm, bored even!

"Wha- you- HUh?!" Wukong's mind wasn't working.

"Oh look, we've confused him." Pigsy snickered.

"Aww, Wukong." Tang was getting closer, reaching out and pinching his cheeks. Like he always did when he was teasingly mocking his friend. "Poor guy."

Wukong froze. What?!?!

"Geez, Wu. This is what you wanted to say? You made me worried you were gonna tell us something serious for a moment." Pigsy snorted. "Look at your nose."

"So boopable." Sandy booped Wukong's nose. Wukong made an affronted noise, scandalized.

They continued to pinch his cheeks and cuddle him, like he hadn't just revealed to them he was practically a god.

Th-The nerve- how dare they- the audacity?!

"I think you all must have heard me incorrectly," he says slowly, his voice quiet. "I just told you I am-"

"Your fur is so soft." Tang marveled, running his hands through the strands above Wukong's ear. Wukong flinched, the touch feeling nice enough to nuzzle- NO! He would not let his senses be bullied by these- these touchy mortals!! He batted at Tang's hand with a pathetic hiss, "Do you use a specialized conditioner?"

"Must be annoying to have shampoo like, your entire body." Pigsy nodded, giving Wukong's ear a curious tug. "They sure are big." he frowned.

Wukong swatted his hand away, batting both of them away like whack-a-moles because they just kept reaching for him. He was thoroughly insulted! "They are normal size??" he shook his head,

"They are huge." Pigsy disagreed with a shake of his head.

"And a tail," Sandy says, laughing that Mo was trying to paw at it. Because it was waving... a lot.

"Aww, is your tail like a dogs?" Tang pointed to it, because it was still waving. Wukong snagged his tail at the base, squeezing it sharply to stop being HAPPY right now. He was trying to be pissed off at his friends for babying him- not be thrilled they didn't look at him like some monster!

" No." he growled

"Aww ain't that cute." Pigsy sneered, "Wu is all happy~"

" No!"

"You're happy~" his friends cooed,

"I am a demon monkey, not some dog! I could literally kill you all right now~!"

"Someone is cranky." Tang offered some candy.

Wukong snatched it away heatedly, stuffing it in his pocket. "Why are none of you taking this seriously?! I just told you I'm the Monkey King!"

"Tell us something we didn't already know." Pigsy folded his arms.

"Wait-" Wukong's voice dropped to a whisper, "Did you... already know? How??"

"I had my theories." Tang pushed up his glasses, smirking. "Now granted, I always have theories-"

"And not all of them are correct." Sandy and Pigsy chimed in.

'But 20 out of 50 are!" Tang insisted. "And considering how many of my theories were wrong lately, I had a strong confidence I was correct in my assumption about you."

"So when Tangy brought it up it just kind of... made sense?" Sandy shrugged. "Plus I saw some things lately that were weird, and I wanted to talk about it with you-" his eyes flickered to MK for a moment. "But we can talk about that later."

Wukong tilted his head, very confused. The brain in his head was fried. Everything he built up and worried about just went up in smoke. He needed to reset. "But- you- the money?" he gestured to Tang, still confused about that.

"We made a bet on when you would reveal it. I bet you would come clean on your own, but Pigsy bet you would accidentally reveal you were the Monkey King."

"I was banking on you being an idiot." Pigsy sighed, sad he once again lost to Tang.

Wukong gawked at them. It was- a relief honestly. It made his legs feel weak. "You aren't mad...?" Wukong asked, lowering his gaze.
"Why would we?" they asked, the same warmth and love in their eyes that had been there for the last two years. Nothing has changed... nothing was different. He was still Wu to them.

"Wu, so you got some crazy powers. And you fought some demons.... And pissed off the celestial realm." Pigsy shrugged, "I've told you before, Sandy and I got our own baggage."

Sandy gave a knowing nod, "The past doesn't have to define you." he reached his hand out, placing it on Wukong's shoulder. "We like ya just the way you are."

"Though I would love to ask you in great detail about your adventures." Tang was buzzing. He had been since Wukong first revealed his secret, but had held back for the sack of his friend. "When you have the time of course~"

"I..." Wukong felt heat in his face. Right, Tang researched the Monkey King with a passion. Admired him, fanboyed over him- w-was looking at him with those same eyes now. "U-Um... I would be happy to.. To talk.." he stammered, embarrassed when Tang took his hands. For his Master to look at him with such admiration made his stomach feel fluttery. It had always embarrassed him when Tang talked about it, but now Tang knew and those eyes were focused on him.

"Here we go." Pigsy rolled his eyes. He just knew this would be the conversation topic for the next few MONTHS no doubt.

"It's just amazing to actually meet you!" Tang squealed, eager to finally let out his inner fanboy. "I will finally be able to get a 100% authentic understanding of the Journey to the West through you! Oh! I'll have to get my journals so I can write everything down! Are you free these next... few months??? Cause I have A LOT of questions."

"Say no, Wu. This is your chance to run away." Pigsy suggested very seriously.

'You shh!" Tang commanded.

"Um..." Wukong gave a weak shrug. "I got time." he nods. He would do whatever they wanted if it meant they didn't hate him. If it meant MK and him could continue their lives in peace, surrounded by them.

"Good!" Tang's eyes searched Wukong's face for a moment. Slowly, his smile sobered and his hand reached to cup Wukong's cheek. All his understanding and knowledge of the Monkey King might have been a little inaccurate from time to time- but it was undeniable the extent to what Wukong had experienced. "The things you must have seen..." his voice was quiet, no longer enamored in the hero's light. But saddened that his dear friend must have had so much to bare alone. "It must have been painful."

Wukong was startled. His heart clenched painfully. "Oh I..." his eyes almost closed, leaning into Tang's comforting hand. It was painful...

He was speechless, which was enough to strike a look of pain into Tang's expression. He stepped forward to embrace Wukong, "Thank you for telling us the truth, Wu." his voice was barely above a whisper. "It took a lot of courage." teasing aside, his friend's expressions softened. They gave little nods of appreciation to Wukong, wanting to assure him- he could tell them anything and nothing would change. They saw the man he was now, and it didn't matter what he did years ago so long as he strove to be a better person in the present.

Wukong didn't let himself cry, not with MK here, but his eyes felt misty. "Thank you." he hugged Tang back.

Unable to tear from Tang's arms for a few minutes, Wukong eventually pulled away. He felt like a wreck. Today was supposed to be just a happy birthday, yet here he was a bubbling mess. "Sorry, MK." he patted his son's head, realizing his boy had been waiting quietly for the adults to talk.

"Dada otay?" MK inquired, hugging Wukong's knee.

"Dada is more than okay." Wukong assures him. He felt lighter than air, actually. This weight on his chest was finally gone. It was freeing.

Pigsy cleared his throat, "Hey soo...you were using some disguise thing to look human, right?"

"Yeah, a glamor." Wukong brushed his thumb to his eye, making sure they were completely dry.

The pig nodded, expression serious. He lifted MK, "Is the kid also...?"

"Oh!" Wukong gave a little chuckle, "Yeah, he is." he took MK, pressing his hand to the child's back. All at once his arms were covered in fur, his little tail reappearing and his face changing to match Wukong's. He turned his head back at his family, blinking.

Tang was squealing, stomping back and forth on his feet. "He's so cute!! Little Monkey Kid~ "All at once the three were immediately gushing over the boy, who was pleased with the attention. He was cute and he knew it.

It was the perfect end to a somewhat perfect day.

Despite the shock, Wukong felt so light. So they knew... and they didn't mind. They accepted him for him and didn't care what his past was like. It was the largest lift on his shoulders. He hugged all three of his friends tightly before he left, thanking them in quiet whispers. They chided him and hugged him back, assuring him he was okay.

Since MK was getting tired, he promised Tang to show off some of his powers the next day. He'd answer any question for him too. But for now, they all needed sleep. So he waved goodbye, and left.

With his son squeezed against his chest, the flying trip back to the temple was quiet. The night air was chilled against their fur, cooling them off from the party. Nuzzling into his Father, MK pulled his shirt down a little to press his face into Wukong's fur. His eyes closed, struggling to fully stay awake. The day had been strange. He didn't know what the grown-ups talked about for so long, but his Dada seemed happy again.

Wukong patted his head lovingly, "Did you have a good day, Star? Did you enjoy your party?"
MK nodded drowsily. "Yes." he slurred.

"Good." Wukong kissed his head. "I hope your wish comes true," he says, still never knowing what it was MK wanted.

His baby smiled against his fur, giggling to himself. "My wish..." he drawled out, unable to keep his head up any longer and promptly falling asleep. Wukong chuckled, cradling him close. He supposed he might never know his wish.

Even though, in all sense, it was heavily centered around him. It was a simple but powerful wish for a two-year-old to have, but something Qi Xiaotian was determined to make true.

I want my Dada to be happy.
—————

"Oh... I forgot again." Sandy lifted his head, smacking his own forehead.

"Forgot what?" Tang inquired, trying to find where he had left his keys within Pigsy's shop. They were tilting over tables and chairs in search of them.

"Less talking, more searching. I would like to actually get to bed tonight." Pigsy grumbled, going through his kitchen.

Sandy turned, rubbing his chin in heavy contemplation. "Well, see, there is this thing I've been meaning to tell Wu lately, but I keep forgetting." he laughed, scratching the back of his head.

'It is important?" Pigsy inquired, checking the trash to make sure they didn't accidentally throw out the keys.

"Yes? K-Kinda?" Sandy frowned. "It's about MK and his playing habits."

Tang mused, "Oh I'm sure Wukong already knows whatever it is you wanna tell him. He is hyper-focused when it comes to the kid."

"Got that right." Pigsy headed down the hall. "Tang, did you leave them in the bathroom??"

"I haven't checked. I might have." Tang followed after him. Sandy stared after his friends, wondering if they were right.

Well, he figured Wukong knew. He was the Monkey King after all! So he probably had nothing to worry about. Sandy was positive Wukong knew about MK's strange ability to manipulate darkness and shadow.

Sandy absentmindedly touched the large scratch on his arm. At first glance, it seemed like a simple cut. Perhaps from one of his many cats or something sharp he brushed against.

Of course, Sandy knew the truth. He had gotten this from the little shadow that sometimes appeared from MK's feet to play. A feisty little thing it was. It always seemed to appear right when Wukong would leave, then disappear right before he would come back to pick up MK. Like a mini shadow MK that was a lot more- well, aggressive.

Certainly, Wukong was already well aware of it, so he had nothing to worry about. It was probably just a normal stone monkey thing that all stone monkey babies went through- like a phase. "Oh!" glancing at the dirty plates on the counter, Sandy reach between them to pull out some keys. "Tangy! I found them!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 772 12
Macaque x Female Sun Wukong Reader. __________________________ โ๐‘ฐ'๐’—๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’†๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’๐’๐’† ๐’…๐’Š๐’„๐’•๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’…๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†...
11.4K 434 23
โ†ณ * ๐’€/๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’• ๐’‚ ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’š, ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’ ๏ฟฝ...
16.1K 432 10
The battle of Mk and the Lady Bone Demon had ended, but nobody knew how injured Mk was until they all made it back to their normal lives. !READ THIS...
4.3K 206 11
Prompt made by decaffeinated_fox on TikTok and are also the SilentKingAu creator! What if Heaven had tricked the sage? They set him free, yes...but...