.: A needle in a wasteland:...

By Nova_3213

George, a previous medical doctor before the outbreak. Now he's roaming across this now ruined wasteland, usi... More

.:1:.
.:2:.
.:3:.
.:4:.
.:6:.
.:7:.
.:8:.
.:9:.
.:10:.
.:11:.
.:12:.
.:13:.
.:14:.
.:15:.
.:16:.
.:17:.
.:18:.
.:19:.
.:20:.
.:21:.
.:22:.
.:23:.
.:24:.
.:25:.
.:26:.
.:27:.
.:28:.
.:29:.
.:30:.
.:31:.
.:32:.

.:5:.

449 36 3
By Nova_3213

Dream perked up.. tilting his head.
"You were actually curious?" He blinked.

"I haven't had small talk in about a year, or really talked to anyone in a nice conversation or without a gun to my head." George sat up straight, resting his chin in his hand.
"So tell me.. what's your story."

"Only if I get your story in return, I wanna know how a doctor survives after the outbreak.... As you must've been apart of the first responders." Dream was fascinated how George is alive..
"The front line."

"I was in the hospital when everything went to shit, but that's all you are getting." George smirked, shaking his head side to side.
"Now, for payment- what happened too you."

Dream grew even more curious.
"Well.. I guess that's fair for you to know." He nodded his head.

George was excited to hear the story.

"Well, I was with my brother foolish and my girlfriend when it started..." Dream scratched his shoulder.
"We had a barn off in the meadows, so we escaped when chaos started in the city."

"Oh? So you have a girl~ I wonder what she will think about your shoulder." George chuckled, shaking his head softly.

"She died... very early on." Dream sighed softly, sitting up straight.
"It- was my fault for it." He leaned against the wall.

"Didn't she go with you and foolish?" George tilted his head, furrowing his brows softly.

"No, I.....- I abandoned her." Dream looked down at his legs.. stuttering a tad bit.

"Why??" George sat up, looking over at the blonde.

"I found out she was cheating on me, and she wanted to bring him along." Dream frowned.. gripping his head softly.
"That's when I saw what these walkers could do."

"You did the right thing." George sat at the side of the bed, looking over at Dream.

"Did I though?" Dream looked at George, cocking a brow.

"Either in the end.. her other boyfriend was going to kill you- or something would have happened." George's gaze sorrowed, lightly nodding his head.
"Have you found anyone here to make you happy? There's a lot of people here."

"Nah- most people don't like me as I'm bad luck." Dream grumbled, looking at his arm.
"Yet I'm still alive." He sighed softly.

"So you are a scavenger I presume?" George looked at all the gear on Dream.. it seems like he took his job serious.

"Yeah- or patrols." Dream yawned, rubbing his face lightly.
"But mostly I look for food... but last time i ended up finding a horde of zombies and fell off a balcony when escaping." He was starting to get tired.
"Then the others pulled me out."

"As long as you aren't bitten, I can help." George smiled softly, nodding his head.
"Just make sure you aren't gonna die."

"Yeah.. well." Dream took a deep breath.
"Enough about me- what about you? Any loved ones." He watched as the look on George's face faded.

George let out a sigh, carefully laying down on the bed.
"Get some rest, you need it." He turned his back to Dream
"It will help with the wound."

Dream quickly realized that it was a touchy subject.
"Alright..." he rested his head on the pillow.
"Goodnight..."

Eventually the two drifted too sleep.. not talking anymore for the rest of the night.

.: Morning POV :.

"Wake up.."

"Get up."

"WAKE UP."

"Mhm.." George shuffled, fluttering eyes eyes awake.
"What...?" He looked over, seeing someone stand near him.

"Your food." Foolish hummed, holding his plate out.
"Dreams said you can have his meal for payment." He nudged his head.

George glanced over, seeing Dream sleep on his good shoulder.

He felt bad.. he didn't want to take someone else's meal.

"It's alright... as long as I can get my bag of medical supplies back and at least one Soda-
I'll be fine." George rubbed his eyes, looking at foolish.
"You can place his food on the side.." he muttered.

Foolish looked a little shocked but nodded.
"I'll see what I can do.." he placed the plate onto the counter.

"Alright.." George rubbed his eyes softly.

Foolish rested his hands on his hips.
"I'll have to figure out your living situation, but for now we will have you chained here." He sighed softly.

George perked up, looking at his ankle and seeing the handcuffs.
"Seriously?" He had an unimpressed look.
"I've already helped!"

"Exactly, we need to make sure you won't run off with supplies." Foolish crossed his arms, frowning a tad bit.
"I'll figure out someone you can bunk with for awhile.." he nodded his head.

George slid out of bed, seeing the handcuffs was connected too a long chain.
"A long chain?" He cocked a brow.

"So you can tend too the wounded." Foolish began to walk out of the tent.
"Don't do anything stupid." He sounded a lot more firm.

George frowned, nodding his head.
"Okay." He stayed sat.

Foolish soon left the tent, closing it behind him.

George sighed, lightly kicking the chain.
"There goes my day of organizing." He grumbled in annoyance.
"Fucking asshole."

"I'm sorry for my brother.."

George looked up, seeing Dream turn over.
"Oh? You are awake..?" He tilted his head.

"Hard to sleep with a fucked up shoulder." Dream sighed, sitting up straight.
"I'll be alright." He had his mask back on.

"I'd give you pain meds- but your brother took my bag." George looked down at the ground, seeing how dusty the tile floor was- huh.. fancy tent.

"I'm sorry for him, he's really stressed right now." Dream looked over at everything, his frown growing underneath his mask.
"The enemy group recently got hold of one of our vehicles, so he's been on edge since." He looked back at George.

"Everyone is." George slightly kicked his feet.
"I didn't think I'd be chained- again." He huffed, rubbing his face.
"God."

"Again..?" Dream was hoping to have a better conversation with George again.

"Last group kidnapped me from my small group and chained me in a room... holding a gun to my head whilst I heal'd there wounded." George rubbed the back of his neck, frowning a tad bit.
"At least I can walk around here." He looked around.

"How did you escape?" Dream had many questions..

"I.. don't wanna talk about it." George lowered his head.
"But for now... I have to make due here- sleeping in here.." he looked around, it didn't feel safe-
"Until they find me somewhere to live."

A walker could walk right in.. and he would be stuck here.

Dream adjusted his arm, feeling a tad bit bad.
"You could always bunk with me, instead of some random strangers." He shrugged.
"I don't mind.."

"Pfft, aren't you a stranger?" George slowly cocked a brow.

"Yes- but we at least talk." Dream lightly shrugged with one shoulder.
"And I'm never really at my place.. I'm always either in here or out there." He glanced at the entrance of the tent.
"So you'd mostly be by yourself.

"What happened too the tough guy act?" George lightly chuckled, his smile growing happily.

"Honestly- it was more cause I was injured and you were new." Dream looked at the sling he was wearing.
"I didn't want you to do anything bad." He sighed softly.
"Our last doctor wasn't so- easy to talk too..... and my shoulder really fucking hurt

"Well- if you are offering, I'm certainly not going to decline." George rubbed his head, having a tad bit of a headache.
"Unless it's a tent." He shook his head.

"It a luxury rv, I.....stole it when scavenging once." Dream softly chuckled, nodding his head hesitantly.
"It has solar energy and that now i got it here and I worked on it for awhile." He sounded proud.
"But it's really good- not for.. protecting walkers but it's good!"

"Oh wow-" George's eyes widened, a little impressed.

"My brother let me use extra solar panels at the top of it so it does have a separate power for heating the water." Dream didn't mind having the doctor as his roommate... cause then he wouldn't have to stay here.

"I feel like that's too much." George shook his head softly.
"I don't think I can accept." He placed his hand on his chest.

"It's alright, I don't mind." Dream sighed, looking down at his legs.
"I've tried to get someone to roommate with me in case anything bad happens with my injuries- but one agreed."

"I don't mind then.." George kicked the chain.
"I'll help clean it up, as I assume it's messy." He hummed.

"Dusty-" Dream laughed as he rubbed his shoulder.
"Very... dusty." He sighed.

"I'll clean it then." George was glad he sort of found someone to talk to him.
"I don't mind."

"Well.. I can help around here if you'd like, until I'm better." Dream hummed happily, he likes to pay back peoples kindness.

"It's alright, for now you should eat." George pointed at the side table.
"You can take it." He smiled.

"What about you though?" Dream carefully picked up the plate with one hand, trying to balance the food carefully.
"Aren't you hungry." He mumbled.

"Don't worry about me." George waved his hand briefly.
"Focus on yourself, you need to eat." He didn't want to take someone else's meal.

Dream nodded his head, moving his mask too the top of his head.
"If you get hungry, I'll try and get something for you." He slowly began to eat.

"Thanks." George looked at the entrance of the tent, seeing foolish walk in.
"Hello." He hummed.

Foolish walked his way inside, looking at the two.
"Oh? You are awake." He glanced at Dream.

Dream jumped, soon looking over at foolish.
"Mhm." He muffled, nodding his head.

"I'm glad you are eating." Foolish looked at dreams arm, seeing the sling he was wearing.
"Did you break your arm?!" He grew concerned.

"Dislocated it remember?" George rubbed his eyes.
"I put it back into place, it will take a bit for it to heal." He sighed softly.
"I'll have to watch him for a bit to make sure he gains movement properly."

"Good." Foolish crossed his arms.
"I haven't been able to find to find anywhere you can rest." He shook his head.

Before George spoke up- Dream did first.

"I've offered for him to stay in my rv, it's big enough for two people." Dream hummed, nodding his head.
"I don't mind, I'm always busy."

Foolish furrowed his brows.
"I don't know." He turned to George, staring at the brunette.
"I still don't trust him."

"He's fine, I've been talking to him." Dream nudged his head towards george.
"I'll watch him, worse case I'll chain him at night." He adjusted his sling.

George had an unimpressed look... great- getting chained up at night.

"Fine, but I want updates." Foolish walked over, unlocking the handcuffs on George's ankle.
"Don't do anything stupid George." He spoke firmly.

George scrunched his nose, watching foolish back off.
"Thanks.." he mumbled quietly.

"Guide George too the rv." Foolish glared at George as he wandered towards the entrance of the tent.
"and make sure he's chained up there."

"I will." Dream stood up, nodding his head.

George sighed, shaking his head.
"Alright.. let's just go." He let out a frustrated huff.
"I don't want to stay in here any longer."

Total word count: 1903

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.1K 16
What happens if George runs into a famous mafia boss by mistake? But little did George know that the mafia boss he had met, was more than obsessed wi...
21.7K 783 11
Ever since George moved to Florida he has been having a recurring nightmare. A nightmare that then leads on to him falling in love. The only problem...
166K 5.5K 31
George is exhausted from living in his toxic home where he's bullied by his brothers and treated harshly by his homophobic foster parents, and in his...
140K 3.4K 15
Life is going fine for George until he starts feeling... weird. Everytime he talks to Dream, he gets butterflies- Yearning for the joyful sound of D...