Live A Little

By DiviRandhawa

Enemies to lovers with a family twist! Alora Frank has been living her life under the abuse of her mother and... More

Characters and descriptions
Playlist of this story
Ch 1 : Life
Ch 2 : Daughter?!?
Ch 3 : Father?
Ch 4 : Home
Ch 5 : Brothers
Ch 6 : Meeting
Ch 7 : Bonding
Ch 8 : Shopping
Ch 9 : Bonding with the Bros
Ch 10: Panic
Ch 11 : Unexpected Encounter
Character part 2
Ch 12 : Him!
Ch 13 : Car Race
Ch 14 : Apologies
Ch 15: Art
Ch 16 : Revenge
Ch 17 : Panic attack
Ch 18 : Gun!
A/N
Ch 19 : Church
Ch 21 : Her!
Ch 22 : Chase
A/N
Ch 23 : Stalker?
Ch 24 : Locker
Ch 25 : Hiding
Ch 26 : Past
Ch 27 : Date?
A/N
Ch 28 : Disappointed
A/N
Ch 29 : Like
Ch 30 : Dating?
A/N

Ch 20 : Birthday

817 17 31
By DiviRandhawa

Her dress ^^

Alora p.o.v

18.

I am 18 now, old enough to be called an adult. Old enough to live by myself. I can leave this house now, continue with the plan I made when I came here for the first time but somehow that mere thought is breaking my heart and the worst part is I want to stay here, even though from my childhood I learned that I am not worth anything. So, why did I think I was worth living with them now? They are so talented, cool and smart and then there's me.

So pathetic!

Can I really trust them? Is this just all an act? Are they lying to me? Are-

The sound of my door opening breaks my thoughts as I freeze up thinking of the worst things.

"Shhhh" hearing Bruno's voice instantly calmed me down, I squint my eyes trying to see him through the pitch dark.

"Stop stepping on my foot" I heard another whisper, maybe Luca?

I tilt my head trying not to smile but then the lights suddenly turn on and I see Bruno jump onto the bed barely missing legs which made him fall back. Sitting on the bed with wide eyes and an open mouth I stare at my family who stares back at me.

"Why are you awake at 12 in the morning Alora, that's bad for your health" Dad says pretending to look serious but the smile on his face gave it away.

"WHY! Why Alora. Why!" Bruno gasps dramatically laying down onto the floor making me chuckle. My eyes caught the cake Vincenzo was holding that made my mouth water instantly.

"It's Sunday. Why are you awake?" Luca questions with a soft smile

"Just thinking" It's true I was thinking but I could never tell them what I was thinking about.

"Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SISTER" Bruno yelled sitting up making me wince but a smile still made its way onto my face.

"Thank you" I whisper softly as he gets up from the floor and wraps his arms around me as I latch onto him soaking into his brotherly embrace. Everyone started hugging me and repeating happy birthday, at last Dad comes towards me and hugs me as I close my eyes feeling the comfort in his warm and protective hug. I felt as if no one would hurt me here, I tighten my arms around him as he places a soft kiss onto my forehead as if silently telling me that I'm safe. It felt as if my heart would burst with the amount of happiness I was feeling.

"Breakfast?" Luca grinned.

I nodded as they all walked out giving me time to get ready. By the time I reach the kitchen a smile creeps its way on my face, my face is going to start hurting with smiling this much.

"I made your favorites, of course as your FAVORITE brother I would do anything" Luca states empathizing with the word 'favorite'. I watched as all of my brothers fought each other and made comments on Luca's statement. A hand was placed on my hand making me look at my dad who simply just smiled.

"I love you, my sweet girl. My baby's turning 18." Dad whispers with slightly teary eyes. My eyes became blurry as my lips quivered. Nibbling on my bottom lip to stop myself from crying as I looked around the table at my family. Family. The only thing I yearned for, the only wish I cried for and now I have that very unexpectedly. I have my family.

"Alora" turning around, I am faced with Marco. I looked up at him in question, waiting for any rude remarks he had to make. But he didn't.

"Could we talk?" He asked as I nod hesitantly.

"Maybe somewhere else?" He offered, I looked at dad who just gave me a soft smile. I am 18 now. I could make my own decisions. I can say No....

But I couldn't and I found myself nodding as Marco led me towards his car. Sitting inside a wave of regret hit me. He hates me and I am alone with him.... But he's my brother, he would never. Right?

"We are here" Already?

I walked out the car as he led me towards a pond, it was such a beautiful place. He sat down near the lake and I followed his actions. We sat in silence just admiring nature and taking in its beauty, Marco finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry," He said. I open my mouth to avoid this conversation but he beats me to it.

"No one forced me to say it, I actually meant it. I know you can't forgive me with everything I said and did. I am not asking for your forgiveness, neither will I demand all I will do is show you that I have changed. That I am better than that." Pausing to take a breath he continued. "That I deserve to be your brother....I'm sorry." He pauses

We sat in silence as I tried to process his words, everything he did was wrong but deep down I had believed him. I believed that I was the reason for everything but now he is apologizing and I don't know what to do anymore? Who should I blame if not myself?

"I always thought that it was something me or someone in our family did that made moth- Serine leave" I tense at the name of mother "I got mad at everything and everyone, blamed them for everything. I became so cold yet I still cried before going to bed. Wishing for a mother's love, begging for it.... then you came. All my pain, anger and blame pointed in your direction. I thought she left us, me for you" He takes a breath.

"I blamed you but what I didn't realize was that I didn't even know anything about you..... I still don't" He looks down in shame making my heart ache.

"For that I don't blame anyone but myself." He looks at me, his watering eyes filled with pain. "I know I am in no position to ask you for anything but please don't leave us" I tear my eyes away from his pleading gaze.

"You brought light into our dark world, you make everyone smile by just your presence. Even me. I don't cry anymore, I don't beg for anything anymore. All I do is pray and wish that you are always happy. So, please don't go. Don't leave us, please" Marco sobs as I wrap my arms around him comforting him.

"Don't worry, you guys saved me in ways no one else could. I don't know if I can forgive you but I do know that I am willing to try" I whisper as Marco looks at me with a soft smile that makes my tears fall.

We sat there, I didn't ask for how long, we didn't even talk. We just sat there. In silence, healing each other.

------

"Your back" Dad rushes towards me, grabbing my hand as he drags me inside the house.

"What happened, where are we going?" I questioned, trying not to bump into things. "You have to get ready" was all he replied with.

We reached my room as he smiles at me. "Dress up, if you want to do any makeupy stuff you can do that too. Be ready in an hour or two" he says and leaves, I look at the wall in the hall. It's 2 already?

I walked inside my room only to be shocked by my dress and jewelry.

It was magnificent! Something I didn't deserve.

With doubts swirling in my mind I start getting ready.

It looked good! The dress was beautiful! Me, not so much.

I sit down and start applying some makeup but a knock at the door makes me stop. Elias enters the room looking down fixing his shirt's cuffs.

"You done? Your dad is call-" He pauses as he looks up and meets my eyes. Eyes widening he looks at me from top to bottom.

"What? Do I look pretty?" I scoff going back to applying my lipstick

"Very"

My hand freezes midair as my heart goes crazy. I turn to face him only to find him walking towards me. Elias stands right in front of me and leans down taking the lipstick out of my hand. While maintaining eye contact with me he slowly begins applying it on my lips.

His thumb gazes at my chin. Pulling it down a bit. Our bodies are inches apart and I think I forgot how to breathe. "Gorgeous" Whispering that he pulls back clearly satisfied with his work as I try to calm my heart down. He walks back towards the door.

"Out of breath?" He mocked as he leaned against the door frame as he tried to fight back his smile.

"I hate you" I say as if to remind myself.

"No, you don't." He whispers looking into my eyes making me gulp "Your dad's calling" With that he left.

I let out a breath as I tried to process what happened. Calming down a bit, I walk downstairs towards my dad.

As I walked downstairs I saw my father and my brother talking. Bruno sees me first and lets out a scream which grabs everyone else's attention. I focus on getting down instead on looking at my family for their reaction.

Reaching down, dad comes and hugs "How can someone look so beautiful and angelic" He whispers and kisses my forehead and just like that all my insecurities hide back inside a box.

"Let's go" Xander says, giving me a soft smile, making me nod.

Sitting inside the car, we make our way towards our destination as Bruno talks about something but my mind keeps going back to him and his blue eyes.

A snap of fingers pulls me out of my thoughts. "Alora, what are you thinking about?" Bruno raises his eyebrow at me. To my luck Vincenzo announced that we reached but Bruno continued to stare at me, giving him a small smile and I quickly got out.

I knew they were giving me a party but I didn't expect this.

Looking around at all the decorations and people. As I walked inside I noticed that all conversations had stopped and everyone's attention was now on us. Taking a deep breath I walked further inside until I saw Zena and like a magnet all my worries went away.

"YOU LOOK SO PRETTY" She yells pulling me in a hug. I smiled as she dragged me around to meet new people.

"Omg let's dance" Zena says, pulling me to the dance floor. "Zena, I can't slow dance" I whisper and she puts her hands on my waist.

She laughs and starts twirling me around which made me laugh as well. She spins me around as we change partners but I trip over my dress. I closed my eyes waiting for the embarrassment but it never came.

Opening my eyes, I am met with his icy blue eyes. He pulls me up and puts his hands on my waist pulling me.

"Be careful" Was all he said but my heart beats like crazy over just two words.

Stop it! He's a jerk and I hate him.

Repeating that in my head I look at him ready to tell him to fuck off. As soon as my eyes met his, my mind went blank. He chuckles before pulling me in the middle of the circle as everyone changes partners.

"Why?" Was all I said, he looked at me and shrugged as we continued to waltz looking at each other.

"Everyone, may I have your attention" Dad's voice snaps me out of my thoughts making me pull away from him. Turning my attention towards my dad as he walked towards me pulling me in a side hug.

"I want to thank everyone for coming to the princess's birthday" Everyone starts applauding. Princess?

"My daughter is my whole world, and today she turns 18. Which is such a big and happy event but it's also a bit sad as I realize that I missed 18 years of her life but I made a promise to myself that I will give her everything and make her happy so that we never realize we missed anything. I am so proud of you Alora." He announces as everything starts smiling.

He continued but all I could focus on was that he was proud of me.

Walking around, someone tapped me on my shoulder making me turn to see an elderly man. "Hello" He gives me a small bow with a smile. We had a small conversation before he asked me something.

"I wanted to ask how it is like being a part of the biggest maf-" He was cut off by Bruno's yelling.

"ALORA! Um... let's go" He pulled me away as I looked at him confused.

"Where are we going?" I was confused.

"Gifts" He said as he led me outside.

Walking outside, dad came by my side with a smile. "Since you're turning 18. I bought you something you would definitely like." He says turning to look at something, I follow his train of vision and gasp as I see a car.

"Is that..." I gasp out

"Yes, but you have to apply for your license first and until then you can ride with someone" Dad says but I paid no attention to him as I continued looking at the car.

My own car!

He bought me my own car!

As the party went on, I got many gifts and blessings. I would have never expected that they would get me something like this. Reaching home I go inside my room, only to find something placed on my bed.

Walking closer I see...

A book bouquet!

It had all the books I wanted. My eyes caught a note that was placed on the side. Picking it up, I read.

Alora,

Bought you these because I had to, not because I wanted to.

Happy Birthday.

Elias.

I chuckle, shaking my head as I look back at the bouquet. Today was the best day of my life! I opened my phone to say thank you to him but my hands froze as I noticed a message from an unknown number, It wasn't Elias or Zena. I had their numbers saved. So then who?

Happy Birthday Alora.

Author's Note

OOO! Suspense.

Anyway how are you! I'm sorry, I have been so busy. Have an amazing day guys. Love ya!

Thoughts on the chapter?? What about Elias????

Quote of the day:

Don't study me, you won't graduate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1K 26
Aurora Rose Romano a 16 year old girl kidnapped from her own mother at the young age of 5. Since then she only knows pain, pain that she receives fro...
24.1K 418 33
Story about a girl who was taken from her father and 6 brothers at 1 years old and she was physically and Mental abused by her mother and her mother'...
Amara By -Piranesi-

Teen Fiction

65.9K 1.4K 30
"What's she called?" He asks. "Amara... Amara Contessa Andolini" I tell them. "An Italian name, for la mia principessa mafiosa.". ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~...
14.9K 355 17
Aurelia is a powerful young girl on the outside who owns her own empire. She's smart and beautiful, and all people are afraid of her but on the insid...