Deep [Niall Horan]

By takenaheart

"When I learned about his past, everything changed." "I was stuck in a fake bliss with him that I should have... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Zayn
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Character List
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-One

1.3K 88 172
By takenaheart

One song lyric in this chapter! Who can find it? Please vote and comment! <3

-----

"Emily? What happened?" Zayn says, "Why do you look so scared?"

"You have to go," I whisper.

"What?"

"You have to go!" I scream.

"Please tell me what's going on."

"Niall's here! And he brought friends!"

"Okay? Do you want to say hello?"

"This isn't funny! He said you have one minute to get out of the park!"

"Or what?"

"I don't know and I don't want you to be here to find out! I don't want him to hurt you!"

"I'm sure I can handle it," Zayn says, "and I can't leave you here by yourself with him. I don't even see him either."

"Okay, maybe I can text him and tell him-"

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *30 secs*

"Thirty seconds! Zayn just go! I'll be fine!"

"I can't leave you here Emily. And I beat his ass once so I'm sure I can do it again."

"But-"

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *zayn's pretty funny . 15 secs*

"Hey Niall!" Zayn yells into the darkness, "If you do anything stupid, you'll land yourself in jail! Just like in high school!"

"Zayn that was too far."

"He needs to know. So what are you doing this weekend for Labor Day? Are you staying here or going back home or-"

"Zayn this is not the time!"

"Emily, it's going to be okay, I promise."

"Zayn...I'm really scared..."

"Don't be, this is probably all a jo-"

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *times up*

"Time's up," I whisper.

I hear several footsteps in the trees to the left of me and Zayn and I turn our heads and look into the woods. My arms are wrapped around Zayn and I'm squeezing him tightly in fear.

"You're really cute when you're scared," Zayn laughs.

"Zayn!"

"Emily, I'm going to protect you, don't worry."

"But don't you think Niall might be mad at you because you put him in the hospital? And we went on a date with each other."

"Also spent a night with each other."

"Zayn! He's listening!"

"There's no way Niall would do anything ridiculous here in this public park, he knows there's cameras here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, but the one we would have to worry about is-"

The collection of trees to the left of us ruffles silencing our conversation. A single black silhouette slowly emerges from the woods.

"Who is that?" Zayn whispers.

"How the fuck should I know?" I respond.

Six more silhouettes emerge from the woods surrounding the park and I'm trembling in terror.

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *last chance zayn*

"Zayn, you have to go now. You have to trust me. Go," I say.

"I've already said I'm not leaving. I need to find out-"

"Why hello there," a voice says.

Zayn gulps and looks at me with eyes brimming with fear.

"Oh shit," Zayn whispers, "that's not Niall."

"No!" I scream as the figure dashes toward us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunlight enters through a window and I arise in a gigantic bed with tall columns as bedposts and silk sheets are covering my body. I'm wearing my pajamas.

I immediately jump out of the bed and look out of the window. Impeccable gardens that were created as a maze of many colors stretch out for at least a mile in every direction. A lake and a stream are located in the gardens. I continue to look around the backyard until I see a word formed by several rows of plants. Not just a word. A last name.

Whittaker.

I gasp loudly and turn around as I hear the doorknob to the room turning.

"Leave me alone!" I scream.

Tears start to pour down my face.

The door opens unveiling the person coming in.

"Don't fret my dear, I'm here for you," he says.

"What do you want Niall?!" I scream and run to the wall, "Why am I here?! Where is Zayn?!"

"Wow you sure are a ball full of energy," Niall says and approaches me, "I shouldn't have let you sleep for so long."

I push Niall away from me and sprint towards the door. I escape the elaborate room and I'm running as fast as I can down a massive hallway. Niall is pacing right behind me.

Niall grabs my arm and I scream as he pulls me towards him.

"Slow down there tiger," he says, "I don't want you slipping away."

"Why are you doing this?" I cry, "What do you want?"

"We've got a big day ahead of us and I need you to cooperate."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"That doesn't sound like cooperation," he says while he holds my arms behind my back.

"Where is Zayn?!"

"I need you to cooperate. Let's go. Your bags are already in the car."

"Can I at least have an explanation?!"

"Later. We're going to miss our flight."

I almost pass out from the overwhelming stress that is throbbing in my brain.

"Relax Emily, it's just a flight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?"

I'm sitting an immaculate white leather seat on a pristine white private jet. I'm seated across from Niall who is on his phone. He's wearing his black RayBan sunglasses and a black suit. Niall made me put on an expensive black dress and black red-bottom stilettos.

"Canada," Niall responds without looking up from his phone.

"Canada? What's in Canada?"

"Are you ever going to stop asking so many damn questions?"

"If you would fucking answer them!"

"I thought I told you to cooperate."

"I thought I told you I never wanted to see you again."

"Well look where you are."

"That's because you fucking kidnapped me!"

"I like to call it an uninvited vacation," he laughs.

"You're disgusting."

"I have some important business to take care of in Canada and I need you to stop being so difficult."

"I swear I'm going to crash this plane if you don't give me a goddamn explanation for why the fuck I'm here!"

"Stop yelling, you're going to wake up Harry."

My mouth drops open.

"What is he doing here?" I quiver.

"I'm going to the other side of the plane because you're annoying me."

Niall stands from his chair and leaves the room.

I don't even know what to think right now. This doesn't even seem real. But Niall can't get away with this. Someone is going to realize that I'm gone and Niall and Harry will get caught and arrested. But what happened to Zayn? All I remember last night is someone running towards us and then I blacked out.

Suddenly another door opens on the plane and a figure enters the room.

"Why hello there," he laughs.

"I knew it was you Harry!" I cry, "What did you do to Zayn?! Why did you kidnap me?! Niall won't tell me anything! Harry please!"

"Calm down Emily. Let's talk about this."

I'm starting to hyperventilate as my chest is heaving up and down.

"Please," I say.

"I'll tell you but it's top, top secret. Okay?" he says and puts one finger to his lips as if he's a kindergarten teacher.

"Um, okay," I gulp.

"We're on our way to the International Black Market Exposition!"

My eyes shoot wide open. "Black Market as in the..."

"Yes, exactly! It's quite amazing actually. Secrets and hidden treasures that the public eye may never see."

"And the people that go are the most evil and villainous crooks in the world. And isn't it illegal?"

"Uh, yeah I think so."

"But why am I here?"

"We hate to go alone. It's for vanity reasons I guess. We don't want to look like losers who don't have dates, right?"

"Wrong. Because you're an even bigger loser for having to kidnap someone to go out with you."

"That's Niall. I have a girl."

"Okay..."

"Have you ever heard those rumors around school about a girl disappearing because she cheated on me?"

"Yeah..."

"Well I actually took her on this trip and she enjoyed it so much that she decided to stay in Canada and live in my mansion there."

"Someone is going to figure out I'm gone."

"No, I don't think so."

"And why is that?"

"Check this out," Harry says and pulls his phone out of his pocket. He shows me the screen and it displays several recordings that say 'Emily1', 'Emily2,' etc. He presses one and a recording starts playing in my voice:

*Hey Steph it's Em. I'm going to spend Labor Day weekend at home, so if I don't call you back don't freak out! Have a good weekend!*

"Stephanie's not going to believe that shit," I say, "it doesn't even sound real. It sounds like a ro-"

*Have fun at home Em! I'll let you enjoy your family time so I'll leave you alone. Bye!*

"But-"

*Hi Mom it's Emily! I'm staying on campus with a friend this weekend so don't freak out if I don't answer your calls! I love you!*

"How did you-"

*That's okay Emily! I'll let you have your fun there. It's been so long and I miss my little girl, so I hope to see you soon! Have fun!*

"Stay away from my family!" I scream and stand up from my chair, "how did you even-"

"Local phone book?" Harry laughs.

I fall back in my chair.

"I gave you what you wanted," Harry says, "an explanation. So I don't know why you're freaking out."

My brain is about to explode.

"Where is Zayn?"

"Don't worry. He's taken care of," Harry laughs.

"I swear to god if you hurt him I'm going to-"

"Going to what? Fight me? Report it to the police? You have no proof. And how do you know Zayn wasn't apart of the plan?" Harry grins.

A long moment of silence.

"What is Niall going to have me do?"

"All you have to do is look pretty, you've already got that covered," he winks, "and you have to hold Niall's arm everywhere he goes. That's it. Nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about?! The Black Market is illegal! Now I'm involved in-"

"I never would mistreat you. I'm not a criminal."

"I've been lied to this whole time and-"

"Emily. You have no choice. Just suck it up and pretend to be Niall's girlfriend. I thought that's what you wanted anyway."

"Before I found out that our entire relationship was fake and I learned about his manipulative and unlawful past."

"When you put it like that, you make it seem like Niall is a bad guy."

"He is!"

"The one who you thought ruined your life might be the one to save your life one day."

"I don't need your shit wisdom right now Harry. I just want to go home," I sob as I bury my face in my hands.

A long moment of silence.

"Well there is a possibility..." Harry whispers.

"What?"

"You could escape 'without me knowing.'"

"What do you mean?"

"There is an escape hole with several parachutes in that room," he points, "there's also a ton of survival supplies in a backpack in there."

"But I don't know how to use a parachute."

"That's not my problem. I'm telling you that they are there. It's your choice to use them."

"You would let me escape?"

"If you truly don't want to be here, you can leave and I'll pretend I didn't see you go," Harry smiles.

"But-"

"Unfortunately, we are flying above the Canadian Snow Mountains right now. You're lucky it's the summer months, so it's not as cold, but there's a reason people don't live here."

"Wait, so-"

"Niall will be back out in less than ten minutes to watch the football game on the TV. You won't be able to do it if he's out here because he won't let you go."

I turn and face the enormous television. My heart is pounding.

"I don't know. I-"

"Make a decision. You're running out of time."

------

What would you do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
123K 5.6K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
139K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...