Mad As A Hatter | bl | ORV

By __arkihoe--

k. dokja x a. eun-byeol x y. junghyuk Sun shines upon the heart of shore Reminiscing the nostalgic times of y... More

1: the ruthless beau
2: the unbothered beau
3: the pitiful beau
4: the vulnerable beau
5: the crazy beau
6: the freakish beau
7: the heartless beau
8: the vengeful beau
9: the playful beau
10: the enigmatic beau
11: the protective beau
12: the belle, binna
13: the bashful beau
14: the playful reader
15: the resentful beau
16: the experienced beau
Episode 1: Little AUs
17: thoughts of a reader
18: thoughts of a regressor
20: the Nameless, Binna (2)
21: the Nameless, Binna (3)
22: the Nameless, Binna (4)
23: the Nameless, Binna (5)
24: the confident beau
Episode 2-3
25: a long night
26: a grain of truth
27: the jester and the fools
28: the regressor, an idiot
29: let's meet again
30: the gamer and the manager
31: the gamer and the manager (2)
32: the gamer and the manager (3)
✧ Notes ✧

19: the Nameless, Binna

1.3K 95 39
By __arkihoe--

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 78~80
19: the Nameless, Binna

.

.

TW: Dokja being his su1c1dal self.

.

.

Yoo Junghyuk stared ahead without a single ripple of emotion. Eun-Byeol's answer to his question kept looping in his mind that he couldn't even forget about it even if he tried. However, his thoughts started wandering down a path completely different from when he started questioning Eun-Byeol's sanity.

Why was a fucking tentacle receiving a much better attitude from Eun-Byeol compared to him?

Just thinking about it made Junghyuk feel like he swallowed something incredibly bitter. He couldn't even hear what his 'companions' were discussing in front of him. Moreover, the voice nagging at him at the time supported his suspicions that he might have known Eun-Byeol very well in the past.

If that was the case, if he somehow betrayed the beau one way or another, then it explained Eun-Byeol's degree of animosity towards him.

But he just couldn't accept the fact that tentacles got better treatment than him.

"Hello, everyone. How have you been?" Red light shone through the glassless window. A group of dokkaebi appeared in midair. "Looks like the participants this time around seem to be hotheaded. We still have a week to go until the start of the scenario, but a lot of you are waking the Catastrophes. You must be dying to play the next scenario."

A fluffy red dokkaebi with a single horn protruding its forehead was the one leading the conversation. "Since you're practically begging for it, how can I not give you a scenario and still call myself a dokkaebi?"

Kim Dokja's heart pounded in his chest. A scenario at a time like this can only mean—

[Sub Scenario, Stop The Catastrophe, has arrived.]

Category: Sub
Difficulty: S-
Clear Conditions: A mysterious group that calls Gangdong-gu home is trying to wake one of the Catastrophes. Get rid of them and stop the Catastrophe from waking.
Time Limit: 2 hours
Reward: 22 000 coins
Penalty For Failure: Catastrophe of Questions will appear sooner than scheduled.

"Isn't it just a Catastrophe?" The tense atmosphere shattered just like that when Binna's nonchalant comment reached their ears. "Besides, can we not kill the dokkaebi? That red one gets on my nerves. I'd be much happier if it's gone."

Kim Dokja: "..." Insane. She's completely insane that I'm in awe.

Han Sooyoung: "Kiddo, if you want to be punished, feel free to do whatever you want. Just don't involve me, got it?"

Yoo Sangah: "..." Sunbae's sister... really takes after him.

Yoo Junghyuk: "..." What kind of upbringing did this girl have?

Ahn Eun-Byeol: "My Binna, you're right! Why don't we try it next time?"

Ahn Binna: "Okay!~"

"..."

Everyone else speechlessly glanced at this pair of psycho siblings.

...

With Kim Dokja in the lead, he brought Sooyoung, Sangah, and his sunbae with him while the unfortunate Binna was left behind to look after the still recovering Junghyuk. While the two women dealt with the Poison Beauty's followers, Dokja and Eun-Byeol went straight after her.

They found Lee Seolhwa at the camp with a lot of churches in the area. It was so that she could hatch the meteorite quickly using the people's mana.

Kim Dokja found it difficult to understand. The novel Lee Seolhwa of the third regression was supposed to be smarter than this. In any case, she wouldn't have tried to hatch the catastrophe early. "Stop hatching the meteorite this instant."

"And if I refuse?"

The blade by his hip was drawn. "You will die here."

Lee Seolhwa silently commanded the humans she turned into Humanoid Demons to ambush Kim Dokja. However, her eyes widened in surprise when a blade cut through the army she created in a single swing. Her surprise morphed into horror as she met a pair of eyes that had haunted 'her' many, many years ago.

"Y, You, the N, Nameless, what are you, doing here?!"

Nameless? That foreign title piqued Dokja's interest. From the looks of it, the Nameless referred to his sunbae. I don't think that was ever mentioned in the novel though.

"Dokja-shi, you shouldn't dirty your hands with an insect like her," his sunbae walked up to him, held his hand and guided it to sheathe his sword once more. The tip of Dokja's ears turned, repeating the mantra This isn't the time to be flustered in his head. "I don't mind dirtying my hands instead~"

"Why, Why are you here?"

Dokja glanced at Lee Seolhwa from the corner of his eyes, checking her character profile to figure out what was going on. Ah? This is—! But her next words interrupted his train of thought.

"Even if you changed forms, you will, never fool me! Nameless, why must you show up once again in front me?!" Parasite Queen Antinus, one of the ruling species in Chronos and had 'possessed' Lee Seolhwa, expressed her hatred and despair. The memories back in Chronos were so vivid and clear in her head as if it just happened yesterday.

That small being in the form of a human descended from the sky, as if she was a goddess greater than the deities of their world.

Many died in her hands.

Her arrival overturned their world and destroyed many lands. Her short temper lead to mountains being cut in half, the sea boiling until no living creature could use it, and vicious gales of winds covered the skies that the Imyuntars could not quell.

She was not just a Catastrophe but the end of their world.

However, whether it was due to luck or not, one day, that terrible being disappeared. The only evidence of her existence was the destruction she left behind in her wake. She never gave her name and so, they called her The Nameless.

Antinus remembered it well. How her eyes looked down at her from above, as if she was an inferior species that the Nameless could annihilate with a flick of a finger. Antinus remembered the fear and hatred she felt at the time. It was the start of her hatred towards humans, even if The Nameless was no human to begin with.

Kim Dokja listened with great attention. From what the Parasite Queen says, sunbae... Had been to their world before? But the returnee from that world was someone else. How could Antinus know sunbae? Many questions continue to form but none had answer.

...

Ahn Eun-Byeol was baffled.

[The constellation, Spiders Are The Best, excitedly asks what kind of mischief have you done.]
[The constellation, Love Me Till Death, wonders if you need a scolding.]
[The constellation, Lord Of The Watery Abyss, rolls its eyes at the insect, wanting to squish her.]
[The constellation, Demonic Judge Of Fire, is waiting for the revelation.]
[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, is curious what will your answer be.]

[You have been gifted 200 coins.]

Mischief?

As far as he was aware, Eun-Byeol had only lived in Planet Earth in his lifetime. However, it was a fact that he had a chunk of memories taken away, and he had no idea what he had done during those times. Only Binna had the answer but she wasn't willing to tell. Even if Eun-Byeol was dying to know, he could see in her eyes how badly she wanted to tell him but something was stopping his sister from doing so.

"Come again?" The beau started in confusion. "I think you mistook me for someone else. Perhaps you should get a pair of eyeglasses to help you see better, noh?"

The Parasite Queen, Antinus, almost exploded in rage. Eun-Byeol's lips twitched at the corner, obviously amused by her reaction. When he caught sight of Dokja giving him a blank look, Eun-Byeol simply shrugged his shoulders.

What could he do?

Seeing the enemy get riled up was simply too hilarious.

Though he was still curious what the actual fuck this Antinus was talking about.

Should I cut off her limbs first before interrogating her? If I can't get the answer from Binna, I can simply squeeze it out from this insect, right? Torturing her until she spills the answer would be quite easy.

"We can't kill her," Dokja's voice cut off Eun-Byeol's train of thought. "Well, not until we get Antinus out of Lee Seolhwa."

"What a shame," the beau sighed in disappointment. "I haven't dismembered a beauty before."

Kim Dokja: "..." Doesn't that mean you still dismembered someone else?!

"... you."

Huh?

"I'll kill you!" Hatred overwhelmed the fear in Antinus' heart.

Antinus charged towards Eun-Byeol, poisonous claws at the ready to injure the beau. Eun-Byeol prepared to deflect them with ease, only to grow stunned when she went after Dokja instead. The tip of her claw wounded Dokja's hand. It started sinking into his flesh, only for Antinus to fly backward after being thrown by the enraged beau.

His default smile turned bigger, face so blindingly beautiful that any normal person would feel weak in the knees. But this beautiful smile only had unimaginable killing intent hidden within. The subject of this smile felt every single cell in her body tremble.

It's different, this was Antinus' horrifying realization.This fear is different. It's much worse... than the fear I have towards The Nameless.

"Anti-whatever your name is supposed to be," Ahn Eun-Byeol approached Antinus, a hand resting on the hilt of Dainsleif while Kim Dokja quickly dealt with the Thousand Spirit Poison. The beau crouched down in front of Antinus, who felt faint staring at his face. "Did you know that whoever touches Dokja-shi... must die?"

Antinus wanted to speak but no voice left her throat.

In her perspective, it was like she was seeing the end of her life being reflected in the eyes that scared her the most.

"Sunbae! Byeol sunbae, you can't kill her!" But the enraged Eun-Byeol couldn't hear Dokja's voice. His attention entirely focused on the soon-to-be dead Antinus right in front of him. The beau crouched down, their faces only centimeters apart. With that smile, words that sent chills down Antinus' spine were said.

"Where should we start? I'll skin you starting from here—" the tip of Eun-Byeol's fingers brushed against Antinus', who couldn't even pull her hand away in terror. "—bit by bit until I removed all the skin in your arms. Next, we'll begin at the tip of your toes until the lower edge of your waist. Of course, you have to take a rest, noh? We'll start again two minutes later while I find a rusty blade to chop you up."

The mere thought of doing so gave Eun-Byeol joy. "I won't dismember you just like that! I'll have to cut you up bit by bit so that every nerve in your body could send billions and billions of messages to your brain that, 'Oh, this is fucking painful. I want to die.' But you won't die that easily, noh? No, no, someone who had the guts to touch my Dokja must suffer a fate even worse than death~"

[The incarnation, Ahn Eun-Byeol, has lost control. Flee now.]

...

Yoo Junghyuk:
What's going on?
What is he doing not killing her yet?

Kim Dokja:
Ask Binna for me quickly!
Her brother has lost it. What should I do?!

Yoo Junghyuk furrowed his eyebrows, watching the scene from the roof deck of the high-rise buulding. Eun-Byeol was crouched down in front of Lee Seolhwa, who didn't seem to be moving, as if she fainted. On the other hand, Dokja was slowly approaching them, yelling something that he couldn't hear.

"Ahn Binna."

"What?" Came the little girl's quick-tempered response.

"Kim Dokja said that your brother has lost reason. What must be done?"

"...!" Ahn Binna, who didn't want to glance at Yoo Junghyuk's direction until the end, looked at him in surprise. No wonder, no wonder that I hear the door creaking again. Brother must be too stimulated right now that he's ignoring everything other than his prey. "When he gets like that you just have... to let him vent."

There was no other way when Ahn Eun-Byeol chooses to ignore the whole world other than his prey, after all.

...

Damn it. Damn it. Usually, sunbae would snap out of it when I call for him. But this time, he's actually ignoring me.

Kim Dokja felt jittery, trying to think of how to keep his sunbae from committing an unnecessary bloodbath. Antinus was just possessing Lee Seolhwa, if the Poison Beauty were to die, then who knows what might happen to Junghyuk in the future.

A flash of inspiration came to mind when the reader's gaze fell upon his own sword. His sunabe cared for him greatly, to the point he wouldn't just kill anyone, but torture them to the brink of death. What if... I 'kill' myself?

Yoo Junghyuk:
Ahn Binna said to let him vent.
It's fine. He can kill her. Don't worry.

Kim Dokja closed the group chat and decisively drew the blade by his waist. "Sunbae!" The reader gritted his teeth and called out again, "Byeol sunbae! If you keep ignoring me, I'll kill myself!"

The reader wanted to cry.

Why did he suddenly sound like a jealous teenager trying to gain his crush's attention in the most extreme of ways?

There was also the fact that this all seemed a little cliche. There were times that Dokja would read other novels while waiting for TWSA to be updated. In those times, he read a bit of different genres here and there.

This situation he was in right now reminded him of a shut-in character who only knew to do unpleasant actions to gain his crush's attention. Or a shoujo protagonist trying to save her lover from going down the wrong path by threatening her own life.

He really, really wants to hide in shame right now.

His plan seemed to work though, but his sunbae ended up stabbing through Antinus' hand and pinning her to the ground at the same time. His sunbae turned around, having lost his smile, and Dokja felt an unprecedented fear hit him like a bitch.

Holy shit.

His sunbae looked so terrifying.

"Dokja, care to repeat that?"

His sunbae even omitted the honorific!

"Uh—" Kim Dokja grew nervous. "S, Sunbae, you can't kill her."

"Why? I can kill her and I want to kill her."

"T, Then let me force Antinus out of Lee Seolhwa first, okay? You can do whatever you want after that!"

"..."

When his sunbae didn't respond, Dokja was about to threaten his own life again when a status window popped up in front of him.

[The incarnation, Ahn Eun-Byeol, has calmed down.]

A quiet sigh left his lips but his relief was only there for a moment before Dokja sensed something weird. His sunbae... seemed to be staring at him in an odd way.

"Then, you have to keep that in mind, Dokja-shi~"

A smile bloomed on his sunbae's face, a smile that made Dokja wary.

.

.

.

.

Lee Seolhwa almost died 😭😭😭

Anyway, yayyyy, more of Binna's backstory revealed~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 878 21
what if go eunhyeok met his childhood love again? Will she remember him after her trauma ( her mother's death )? go eunhyeok x reader Baek Dohwa x...
46K 843 10
Joongdok One Shot Stories ☆ Joonghyuk x Dokja ☆ (Omniscent Readers Viewpoint.) [BL] - ORV - Bad grammar and english
73K 3.5K 20
Cold guy and a warm girl, loves the season and hates the season. Winter, a cold season either to hate or to love. Y/n and Jungwon, complete opposites...
28.9K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...