Operation Silver Screen

Par Lost_outlander

Suspense Thriller RomCom Combined.... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Opinions
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34(End)
Good Bye
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

Chapter 3

461 63 17
Par Lost_outlander

Karishma was always a few steps behind Haseena. She is looking out for her by not taking up all of her space and Haseena is more than to appreciate that fact. There are people who actually believe that Karishma is one of Haseena's assistants. They occasionally hand things or pass on the information that her mind cannot comprehend. James is her savior in a way. He would jump in and take care of whatever that is thrown at Karishma although he constantly needs a minute to function properly. The red-eye flight has defeated everyone in one way or another. Haseena seems to be the only one who has enough sleep on the plane. She curled up in her seat and utilized the five-hour in the air well. She is as active and energized as she has always been. Meanwhile, Karishma is sleep deprived. It was a smooth flight but her mind couldn't seem to find enough peace to settle. Fortunately, this is not the first time she has a sleepless night.

"Do you want my coffee?" Haseena offers the iced coffee that she has drunk half of it. She shakes it a bit for the ice and the plastic cup to create such annoying sound just to get Karishma's attention. "No poison. I've tasted it and haven't died."

"Yet." Karishma takes the coffee from Haseena and follows her out of the elevator to her radio station interview. She watches Haseena greet the staff and the DJ hosts with her cheerful smile and her charming eyes. Haseena's passion in what she does amazes her. She really loves what she does and she is really determined to do her very best. She hasn't shown a tiny bit of annoyance to the interview questions that start to get repeated over and over again. People want to know the same exact things and Haseena answers them with the same exact energy that never fails to soar through the roof.

It is a big radio station in New York. Everything looks high-tech and new; even the smell. Haseena's team watches the broadcast session from another side of the glass partition while Haseena settles on the rotating bar stool behind the desk that is filled with the state-of-the-art equipment. For a second, while putting the headphone over her head, Haseena steals her glance at Karishma who seems to be enjoying her leftover coffee as she, again, takes her eyes on the trip of surveillance. There is something about Karishma. She hasn't been able to point it out yet but whatever it is, it draws her in. She is almost like a puzzle book that she wouldn't mind going through page by page just to see what the answer in the end would be.

"You've recently done a cover of your fellow Indian artist's song and the producers decided to put it in a show?" One of the DJ hosts mentions towards the end of the interview.

"Yes. It is super exciting. We've actually planned on making a special video together when he flies up here next week. It would be amazing." Haseena says with genuine excitement that spills out of each word as her eyes suddenly get sparkler.

"We should be able to hear it live." Another DJ says while looking back and forth between Haseena and his co-host. "Can we hear it live right now?"

"We should. Do we have a guitar player here?"

Haseena giggles. "I actually have a pianist with me if you can find me a piano keyboard or something.

"Say no more." The DJ holds up his hand to Haseena. He is as excited to pull this through because he knows if the show turns out to be a big hit, this video of this performance will be the same. "Someone showed me this roll-up piano the other day. Can we somehow get that?"

While the DJs and the radio staff try as fast as they can to pull a spontaneous live performance on the air, Haseena spins the stool to make sure that her eyes land on Karishma whose mouth is shaped into a no. Aanya immediately takes the coffee cup from Karishma's hand while Garry makes sure that she is pushed through the door into the glass-wall room. They don't know this trivia about Karishma but they do know a thing or two about Haseena. They trust Haseena's decisions although sometimes they are not the best ones.

"Seems like we found an actual keyboard instead. Is that okay?" The DJ directs his question towards Karishma who is now settling on the stool next to Haseena and looking indifferent to everything around her.

"Sure." Karishma nods as she takes the headphone from Haseena. The music sheet is handed to her and before she gets to get ready, the keyboard is plugged in and the light on the dash shines as bright as the star in the room.

"Hmm." Haseena tries to get one of the staff's attention but she is in the rush to get everything ready that she doesn't notice the tiny wave from her. The paper that was handed to her is a full-on music sheet; not an ordinary music chord that is a lot easier to understand.

"I can read it." Karishma says as soon as she pokes and sees what Haseena could possibly want. She places the sheet on the desk and her fingers on the keyboard. She moves her fingers around a bit and nods to the DJs to suggest that she is ready. "How long will people talk about this if I mess up?"

"Well," Haseena whispers and smiles as her hand finds Karishma's thigh in order to tap the rhythm for her. "You don't look like a type who messes things up."

"Ah. You're too trusting, Haseena."

After a few more introduction of the song from the DJs, it is their cue. Karishma doesn't seem to be nervous at all although this is definitely not on her detective job description. She looks calm and confident at every note she presses on the keyboard as if this is something she does regularly. Haseena watches the scene like the melody has just killed off everyone around and now there are only her and Karishma. Her hand that is on Karishma's thigh fails to tap any beats. It just stays there like it has just found the most comfortable resting place. Karishma needs to concentrate a million times more than usual when Haseena's eyes don't leave her. Also, Haseena's voice, it is too beautiful for something that is far from a love song. It is too beautiful for someone that is far from a lover. Karishma can't help herself but glances over at Haseena and lifts a corner of her lips up. Haseena smiles back while her mouth and her mind can still find a way to not fail her to finish the song.

"Wow." The DJs claps their hands and cheer as if the performance was the best they have ever seen. Then, one of them look past Karishma and Haseena to the team outside where Garry gestures something to them; something they have to say as a part of the deal. "Now, before you go, a very quick question about the special video you've mentioned. Is your co-star Will Hughes going to be in the video?"

"Oh, boy." Haseena exclaims quietly and flips her hair back casually. She knows that they will mention Will. She knows that she has a part to play and she needs to play it well.

"I think you just have to wait and see."

"We have to wait and see?"

"Wait and see." Haseena shrugs with a sneaky smile.

"And that's all we're going to get, folks. Don't forget to stream Haseena Malik's new show next week. Thank you for joining us today, Haseena. It's always been a blast to have you here."

"Thank you for having me."

"This is also Haseena's biggest hit yet." The DJ puts the song on to finish the show and takes this time to say goodbye to Haseena. She gestures something towards both DJs and makes them both laugh as Karishma excuses herself out of the room. A fist bump from James is waiting for her at the door and he looks more than impressed by her hidden talent.

After a few pictures taken with the radio staff and the DJs, Haseena and her team make their way towards the elevator. Haseena takes a quick glance over her shoulder to see if Karishma is behind her. Once she gets her confirmation, she proceeds to make a conversation to kill the suspicion that may appear from the fact that she has been checking if Karishma is around a bit too often now. It gradually starts to be her new habit that she might not be able to lose.

"What are we doing after?" Haseena asks Aanya who is now right beside her.

"Not we." Aanya locks the tablet screen and turns to Haseena. "You. You're having lunch with Will. Garry has taken care of everything."

"Right." Haseena responds as she steps into the elevator. She goes straight to the far end of the elevator and leans against the handrail. The space next to her is soon occupied by the girl who seems to be more than she appears to be.

"I know the song. I've heard it." Karishma tilts her head to the side and whispers to make sure that Haseena is the only one who hears her words in this small box..

Haseena smiles and turns to Karishma. "I told you I had a song."

"You did, didn't you?"

"How much trouble will you be in if I happen to run off right now?" Haseena's question instantly gains the intense stare from Karishma. Haseena tries to make it sound like a joke but Karishma is not easily convinced.

"Depends." Karishma whispers.

"On what?" Haseena whispers back.

"On whether you run off with me or without me."

Haseena smirks like a devil who has just heard the best news of the worst deed. "Okay."

As soon as the ding sounds and the door slides open, Haseena grabs Karishma's hand and breaks out of the crowd in front of them. Haseena is proceeding one of her not-the-best decisions but she is so sure that it will be one of the-most-rewarding ones. "Excuse me." Haseena says to make enough room for both of them to exit the box. "Excuse me."

James is the only one of her team who is already out of the elevator while Aanya and Garry are pushed to the sides. Haseena winks at him and drags Karishma with her with such speed that Karishma needs to try rather hard to catch up. She is not prepared for this. She thought Haseena wouldn't do it.

"Haseena!" Aanya calls out the name but the runaways don't slow down their steps, not one tiny bit, as they jog across the hall to the back exit. "Where are they going?"

"I don't know." James shrugs.

"Why didn't you stop them?" Garry asks.

"I am paid to assist her. I assisted. If I ever stopped her, she would be... unassisted." James grins. He has been spending enough time with Haseena to know that there are some certain feelings flying out of her towards Karishma. It is not wise but it is not his place to tell her that. She needs to learn that by herself.

As for those whom James has assisted, their journey begins so unwillingly but so pleasantly at the same time. Karishma doesn't complain that she is dragged and thrown into a yellow cab in order to get to the place unknown. Her job is to watch Haseena. Her job is to go where she goes. So she is basically doing her job right now. She doesn't think she cares much about all others. Haseena doesn't care much about that lunch with Will. She knows it is wrong to stand him up like that but this scenario with Will is not what she wants to from the start. The publicist teams know how to get people hyped up about their show and Will seems to reciprocate well towards that. He is great but spending all her time with him just to turn fume into fire is not exactly ideal for her.

They get on the ferry and get away from the bustling city to Staten Island. It is rather easy when Haseena is not exactly the Hollywood big name yet. People hardly recognize her in first glance; only a few youngsters that approached her for some selfies. Karishma still keeps her distance and just follows Haseena to wherever she wants to go. Her hand still remembers Haseena's touch. It was some sort of a drag but within it, there is this mysterious comfort that has left a visible remark on her mind. She cannot shake it off her head now. She cannot stop thinking about maybe they should do it again now.

"Can you eat Thai?" Haseena stops her steps and turns to Karishma. She looks up from her phone to see that Karishma is staring right at her as if she is the only living thing around. Karishma is staring as if she has something important on her mind and she is about to let it be heard. "What is it?"

"I think we should go back." Karishma suggests something that sounds sensible and proper. "Wherever you want to go right now, they are not checked and confirmed."

"I've been to so many places that are not checked and confirmed by the LAPD." Haseena confronts Karishma who is  a bit more matured than she is.

"Now, it's different. It's for your own safety."

"Isn't it your job to make sure that I'm safe? And basically, you're here with me so what's the problem?" Haseena is winning the argument without having to try that hard and Karishma isn't even being soft and letting her win. She is winning by facts. "Besides, you have a gun."

"I don't have a gun." Karishma denies so calmly with a smirk.

Haseena scoffs playfully. Karishma doesn't even try to lie. She just straights up lying with a liar tag attaching on her forehead. "How did you even pass the polygraph test?"

"Fine." Karishma sighs and looks at the girl with the prettiest smile. "We'll have Thai and we'll go back."

"No, detective. We'll have Thai. We'll go to Fort Wadsworth. We'll go back." Haseena adds a tourist attraction she has just looked up into their plan. It is not exactly the first name that comes up but it is definitely the place that might have a little bit of something for both of them.

"You're not going to Fort Wadsworth."

"I am. And your job is to watch me. That means you and I are going to Fort Wadsworth."

"It's a fort, Haseena. It's just an old building. There is..." Karishma looks down at her feet and tries very hard to think of the name she wants to say, "a fort in LA. We can do that first thing back. I'll let my partner know."
______________
Guys do tell me should I continue the story or not, I think some of you are finding this story boring? I really don't want to waste my story which almost take 2 to 2.5 hours daily to write, to such low response.

VOTE
Keep Supporting
Bye'll 👋 👋

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

86.1K 8.5K 47
Hey! this is my first kareena love story with alot of mysteries , twists n turns , romance and a lot of suspense 🤫 . So please give it a try . pe...
65.7K 8.1K 50
Just a story of Kareena ✨
31.2K 1.7K 19
Secret 🤫