Operation Silver Screen

By Lost_outlander

Suspense Thriller RomCom Combined.... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Opinions
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34(End)
Good Bye
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

Chapter 2

538 60 14
By Lost_outlander

Through her one eye that is not occupied by the making of a gorgeous eye shadow, Haseena watches Karishma lounging on the armchair with one hand holding onto her phone and another holding onto a warm paper cup of coffee. She crosses her legs and kicking her foot like a child who is too lost in their little world. Her colorful socks are unintentionally visible as well as the rim of her ankle holster. It is not very obvious but as a girl who grew up in a police family, she knows where to look and it is impossible to escape her eyes. Haseena stretches her long leg and kicks Karishma's leg; hard enough for her foot to touch the floor and her holster to go back in its hiding.

"What are you doing?" Haseena asks as soon as Karishma's foot lands back on the floor and her eyes shifts from her phone to her. "Just reading some... information." Karishma answers Haseena who is on the makeup chair with a guy doing her makeup and a girl doing her hair. It would be a lie saying that she is not naturally beautiful even with her grumpy face when she was awaken so early in the morning when Karishma arrived at her door.

"It's a comic book." Aanya pokes to see the screen and exposes the fact to the whole room.

"It's a graphic novel." Karishma argues quietly but so intensively.

"What happened to your old assistant James?"

The makeup artist asks as he continues to get Haseena ready for a photoshoot.

"Nothing happened to him. He is outside." Haseena answers and closes both eyes for the man to finish up her eyes.

"Shouldn't she go get your coffee or something?" The hairdresser whispers and glances at Karishma who now stops reading things off her phone and starts staring at something that is not there. "Is she alright? She seems a bit... off?"

Haseena looks at Karishma who is clearly listening to the conversation but acting like she is not. She tries to hide her smile and shakes her head. "She has just quit drinking. Her mind is still settling."

"Oh." The makeup artist pauses his work and secretly glances at Karishma. "So you're helping her out? That's so sweet of you, Haseena."

"Ok, we're ready." The hairdresser announces and finishes her final touch. "Oh. We're seeing you at your house later, right? Before you head to New York."

As soon as Karishma hears the word that should not be popping up in the context, she interrupts. "New York?"

Before anyone gets a chance to explain anything, a coordinator pokes into the room. He has an iPad in his hand and a headphone over his head. "Excuse me, Will is running a little late so we'll do your shoots first. Then, your couple shoots."

"Oh yeah, he's texted me. Thanks." Haseena responds and heads over to the rack of expensive outfits that she will be posing in..

Karishma waits until the makeup artist and the hairdresser leave the room before she stands up with her hesitant look. She is suddenly nervous; too nervous that it is so obvious for the people from the end of the street to see. "We're going to New York?"

"Yeah." Haseena nods.

"Just for a day." Aanya elaborates Haseena's response. "We're flying in tonight. Haseena will do a morning show, a radio show and a couple of interviews. Then, we'll fly back."

"By plane, you mean?" Karishma asks for confirmation that sounds weird enough for Haseena to turn towards her. The brick wall of expression Karishma has managed to hold up is now completely gone. She gets a bit pale and her gestures get a bit wild that she has to put her hands in her pockets.

"Yes. By a private jet." Aanya responds without seeing what Haseena is seeing.

"Detective, are you afraid of flying?" Haseena takes her guess and it seems to hit the bullseye on her first try when Karishma scoffs.

"No." Karishma tries to deepen her voice but the lie comes out too high for her to control. "I... just thought that you shouldn't be travelling this week. It might not be very ideal to... cooperate between... Hmm... jurisdictions."

"Oh, about that. Captain Lanna has taken care of it. She said there won't be any problems." Aanya throws the information Karishma has yet to know at her and it weakens her legs like the ground is shaking.

"Oh." Karishma exclaims quietly and quickly shifts her attention towards her vibrating phone. Brian has texted her with the information that was a mystery to her; the pilots' background check and the plane's check.

"You look a bit pale." Haseena makes her remark heard with her sneaky smile before turning around to the rack again. "It's been less than 24 hours and I already keep you away from the sun?"

Karishma clears her throat and sits back down awkwardly. "It's just the light in this room. A bit bright."

"It's a private jet, Singh. It's not like those commercial airlines with crying kids and shouting people." Brian says through the phone. It's partially his fault that he forgot to mention this terrifying fact to Karishma. They saw each other earlier at the station but they were busy finishing some reports and making fun of one another; mostly Brian making fun of Karishma for being a celebrity bodyguard. "Both pilots checked out. The plane is being processed and checked as we speak."

Karishma holds her temples and sighs. She tries to keep it as low as possible. This is the kind of conversation that will be considered strange in the eyes of ordinary people. "It's across the country. That's five hours."

"You'll be fine." Brian tries to comfort his partner. "I'll walk your dog tonight."

"Is there any chance they'll get this kidnapper-want-to-be before tonight?" Karishma asks hopelessly as her eyes land on Haseena who has just finished her shoots and is waiting for her co-star to show up for the couple shoots. She ends up at the piano that should act as a prop.

"I'll check."

"Okay."

"You'll be fine, kid. It's like a train... on the sky."

"That's comforting."

"I'll keep you posted."

"Thank you."

Karishma puts the phone back into her pocket and takes her steady steps towards Haseena before joining her on the piano bench. Haseena steals a quick glance; just to see who occupies the empty space next to her. Karishma watches Haseena's fingers travel through keys on the piano so attentively without realizing that she is glanced at.

"It's like this." Karishma starts pressing the piano keys into the easy children song Haseena was trying to play. Effortlessly, Karishma takes over Haseena's amazement.

"Hmm." Haseena raises her eyebrow. "Comic books and piano. Hmm. Interesting."

"Graphic novels." Karishma corrects Haseena without looking directly at her but she smirks. She smirks without really knowing that Haseena smiles with her for a quick second.

"Can you play my song?" Haseena's question stops Karishma's fingers from making such beautiful melody.

"You don't have a song." Karishma faces Haseena and acts so confident in her words. That information Haseena has claimed is not on the file and Karishma doesn't find it important enough to look it up. She knows Haseena is an actress. She knows Haseena in the range that file has provided.

"The file doesn't say that, does it?" Haseena narrows her eyes and fills them with suspicion.

"You don't have a song." Karishma ignores the question and repeats herself until her words stand true.

"Hey." A tall handsome man announces his simple greeting that sounds solid and deep. His short undercut and fade stubble sprinkle the charm all over his existence. He graces the crew with his appearance but his attention lands directly on Haseena. "I'm sorry. I had an interview earlier. It ran a bit longer than expected."

"It's fine." Haseena returns a kiss on her cheek with a hug that feels more polite than passionate. "This is Will. Will, this is Karishma; my "Intern for assistant." Karishma finishes Haseena's sentence and shakes the man's hand. His grip is firm although he is not muscular.

"Nice to meet you." Will politely responds and quickly shifts his attention back to Haseena. "I've heard you are flying to New York on a private plane? Wh-I thought we're flying in together."

"It's some sort of complimentary." Haseena tries to explain to the man who seems to listen only half of it.

"You know what? That might be a great idea." The man's plan of dragging this conversation as long as he can is abruptly interrupted by the coordinator who is dying to finish this whole thing and go home. "Your team can distract the paparazzi by the private plane while you and me take the first class."

"I'll... think about it." Haseena gestures Will to go get ready for the shoot. The coordinator surely is not the only person who wants to get out of here.

"What is his last name?" Karishma asks as soon as the man paces away.

"Hughes." Haseena gets on her feet to head towards her makeup team to have her makeup and her hair redone. "Why?"

Karishma types down the information she has just acquired into her phone. "No reason."

"Detective!" Haseena whispers so low but makes sure that every ounce of intimidation mix into her word.

"He likes you." KS told HM.

"I know that."

"So." Karishma puts her phone back into her pocket. "If I were him... if I were to like you romantically, I would do anything in my power to ensure your comfort. Your feet would not have to touch the ground. But Mr. Hughes here actually asked you to take a commercial plane with crying babies and shouting people. Don't you think that it is unusual? Like a trap of some sort?"

"That's just how he is."

Karishma chuckles lightly. "You're too trusting."

"And you're too judging." Haseena takes her time to make sure Karishma know that she is picking the wrong fight. "I've worked with Will and I can guarantee you that he is just naturally like that; an only-child type of person."

"I am also the only child." Karishma argues.

"Well, that explains it." Haseena smiles and claims the early victory although she knows she hasn't reached the finish line just yet. "Just leave it. Okay?"

Karishma nods.

"Say it, Sherlock!"

"Okay!"

"Please don't make this week more miserable than it already is." Haseena whispers with a sigh as a full stop.

"I'm...just doing my job."

"Great." Haseena rolls her eyes and realizes very quickly that Karishma is just like her brother and her dad. They are cops with their mind set on one thing and one thing only; complete their assignments. They would get along so well without having to try much. "I'm going to go do my job over there. So you just do your job by watching me walking over there then."

"Okay." Karishma responds in such a sneaky voice and sneaky eyes that get Haseena to look over her shoulder a few times just to decode that tone she has used. Smiles make their ways onto Haseena's face every time she looks away. Whether she likes it or not, Karishma seems to be her way out of this miserable week.

It takes minutes for Haseena to convince Will that it is better for them to meet up in New York. They have a couple interviews together with a couple more cast members. She doesn't mind Will's company at all. She enjoys his presence but to pretend that he is more than a friend is not something she wants to do right now; with every chaotic thing that is happening. They end up settling for a lunch together before hopping back to LA. He said he had the best restaurant that she would love and she didn't reject the offer.

It takes minutes for Karishma to convince herself to take the first step up the airstair. She sighs and tries to breathe like Brian has taught her. It is hard when she is facing one of her greatest fears. Haseena, Aanya and James are already on the plane and now they are waiting for her publicist and her.

"Hi." The well-dressed wavy hair man greets Karishma. He walks with confident as if he has the whole world under his feet.

"Detective Singh, yes?"

"Yes."

"Garry King. On behalf of Haseena's family, I very appreciate your assistance." Garry extends his hand with his crystal white smile.

Karishma makes sure to get rid of the sweat in her palm before shaking the hand. "On behalf of LAPD, it's our pleasure to serve and protect the citizen of... the world."

"Come on." Garry gestures before enthusiastically jogging up the airstair. "New York. New York."

 Finally, Karishma gathers enough courage to take her steps onto the plane. Haseena has already settled on one seat while Aanya has occupied the one in the front row. Garry quickly joins her to discuss something that seems important and concern Haseena. The seat next to Haseena is taken by James who is already one third into whatever he is watching on his iPad. Karishma clears her throat and speaks with her eyes. James picks that up quite quickly and he is not the only one. The steel blue eyes watch James move from her side to her opposite and his previous seat is occupied by the new passenger whose amber brown eyes fixes on the exit and nothing else. Karishma needs to see the exit as clear as day; to make sure that the number of passengers stay at this number and there is no uninvited guest.

"Do you need to take some meds?" Haseena raises her concern when Karishma's hands start to take the tight grip on the armrests. She is clearly uncomfortable and the anxiety kicks her right in the stomach.

"I'm fine." Karishma forces her smile.

"Karishma." Haseena reaches out and touches Karishma's hand that is on the armrest. She stares as if she believes she can fix everything that is wrong by looking very hard at it.

Karishma glances to meet those eyes that refuses to leave her alone and smirks unconsciously. Her name from Haseena's mouth unexpectedly sounds so right. It is out of the blue but somehow, she wants to hear more. Then, something has caught her eyes; something that turns a glance into a stare. She furrows her eyebrows and ignores the fact that her intense stare starts to get Haseena's cheek blushing.

"What is it?" Haseena whispers and quickly avoids her sight. She doesn't know what it is but suddenly her face feels burning hot and her ears feel like they are burnt by the sun.

Karishma doesn't answer the question but she reaches over; showing her anxious shaking hand that doesn't seem to matter anymore. James' eyes are now on them. The scene in front of him is a million times more interesting than the ones in the movie he has been watching. Karishma reaches slowly as her attention is shifted from the taxiing plane to the dazzling girl. Karishma reaches slowly as Haseena becomes as still as a rock. Karishma reaches and her hand lands on something that is not clearly visible inside Haseena's denim jacket collar. She carefully pulls it out and gestures both James and Haseena to not say anything. (Sorry if anyone though kiss is coming)

It is a square device that is small enough to not make any weight. Karishma is familiar with this kind of things and by the look on Haseena's face, she is not a stranger to it either.

"Are you alright?" Aanya turns and asks from one of the front row seats that she occupies one and Garry does another. She looks at Haseena who is already facing out the window and Karishma who is trying to act fearless in such a fearful scenario for her. "Detective, you're alright?"

"Fantastic." Karishma answers with a fake smile while secretly holds on to the mysterious device in her hand.

"Alright, then." Aanya nods and turns back facing forwards.

As soon as Aanya turns around, Karishma grabs the napkin from Haseena and wraps the device before putting it in her shirt pocket. She quickly texts Brian and has him handle the signal of the device. Then, she clears her throat and enters her silent state all over again. James and Haseena look at one another with confusions in their eyes; wondering when Karishma will explain her finding. When waiting is no longer the option, Haseena grabs another napkin and a pen to create a note so that she can secretly communicate with the girl who seems to feel a bit better now that the plane is in the air so smoothly.

'What is it? Am I bugged?'

Karishma reads the note, folds the note and puts the note in her shirt pocket without writing anything back.

"Detective!" It's not a yell. It's not a scream. It's an expression that Haseena makes sure that it's loud enough for Karishma to know that she has quit being polite. She also adds an action into the mix with a slap that goes on Karishma's arm.

"Ouch." Karishma rubs her arm lightly and unwillingly pulls the so-called letter out of her pocket. She reads it one more time and nods a little; just to confirm what Haseena has thought. "You have a beautiful hand-writing. It matches your face."

Haseena scoffs and looks away. "You can just say that I'm beautiful, detective."

"That's not what I said."

"What did you say?" Haseena turns to face Karishma again.

"That you have a beautiful hand-writing and it matches your face."
.............

Guys if anyone got confused by characters name, here is summary

Brian Park( KS detective partner)
Capt. Aiysha Lanna (Captain & KS Boss/Senior)
Maria ( KS previous patrol partner)
Aanya (HM sister cum manager)
James (HM assistant)
Will Hughes (HM costar)
Garry King (HM publicist)

Ques) Why I gave such weird names to side characters, why not the show originals?
Ans) Because the show names give away the shade of their characters, so random names make the characters of my story unpredictable.
_______________
VOTE
Keep Supporting
Bye'll 👋 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 17.6K 100
It's all about Yuki/KarEena. But with some twists and turns
26.3K 2.2K 21
Ye story special ekta143 ji k liye hai.
69.4K 8.6K 50
Just a story of Kareena ✨
53.1K 6.1K 32
three shots love story doctor & ACP love story Karishma Singh & Haseena Malik, it's pure fiction love story..