Live A Little

נכתב על ידי DiviRandhawa

Enemies to lovers with a family twist! Alora Frank has been living her life under the abuse of her mother and... עוד

Characters and descriptions
Playlist of this story
Ch 1 : Life
Ch 2 : Daughter?!?
Ch 3 : Father?
Ch 4 : Home
Ch 5 : Brothers
Ch 6 : Meeting
Ch 7 : Bonding
Ch 8 : Shopping
Ch 9 : Bonding with the Bros
Ch 10: Panic
Ch 11 : Unexpected Encounter
Character part 2
Ch 12 : Him!
Ch 13 : Car Race
Ch 14 : Apologies
Ch 15: Art
Ch 16 : Revenge
Ch 17 : Panic attack
Ch 18 : Gun!
A/N
Ch 20 : Birthday
Ch 21 : Her!
Ch 22 : Chase
A/N
Ch 23 : Stalker?
Ch 24 : Locker
Ch 25 : Hiding
Ch 26 : Past
Ch 27 : Date?
A/N
Ch 28 : Disappointed
A/N
Ch 29 : Like
Ch 30 : Dating?
A/N
Ch 31: Her truth

Ch 19 : Church

766 17 28
נכתב על ידי DiviRandhawa

Alora p.o.v.

Perhaps this is the sensation that engulfs you when it seems as if the entire cosmos is against you, doing the exact opposite of what you desire. I find myself standing in front of Elias, staring at the door hes holding open for me. Allowing him to drive me home feels akin to embarking on a suicide mission, and Im not prepared to meet my end just yet.

Are you getting in? He inquires, meeting my glare with his own. NO! I retort, causing him to sigh as he returns my glare.

HOW WILL YOU GET HOME THEN? He retorts, his voice grating on my nerves. I take a deep breath, considering my options. I cant call home; theyre preoccupied. Bruno left early. The only choices left are him or walking, and Id rather walk than go with him.

Ill walk, I declare, causing his eyebrows to rise as he tilts his head. He nods slowly, slams the door shut, and strides towards me. Fine. Walk then, he says with a smile before sliding into the drivers seat. I turn and walk away, my mind a blank slate. Id rather perish than sit in his car.

Im Alora. I can survive anything, and I will survive this too!

I cant do this.

Whoever thought this was a good idea was sorely mistaken. Maybe I should have just gotten into his damned car. I stop to catch my breath; Ive finished my water, and Im not even halfway home. If only I had chosen wisely and not opted for this self-imposed punishment. I mean, I can survive a car ride with Elias.

As if responding to my thoughts, I hear a horn. Turning around, I see his car pulling up. I couldnt be more grateful to the universe. Before he can utter a word, I jog towards him and slide into the passenger seat, earning a glare from him.

I thought you didnt want to come with me, he smirks, causing me to roll my eyes. Just drive. I have to go somewhere before going home, I retort, earning an eye roll from him.

Yeah, no. None of that. Its my car; Im the driver, he states, which I choose to ignore.

Go straight for now, I instruct, attempting to fasten the seatbelt. But just like him, his car proves to be uncooperative.

Rolling his eyes, he leans towards me, a bit too close for comfort. I inhale sharply as he pulls my seatbelt and fastens it with ease. We sit in silence, him continuing to gaze at me while I look down at my lap. Eventually, he starts the car and drives straight.

Thought you said we werent going there? I ask as he heads in the direction I indicated.

Can you not be quiet? He mocks me, causing me to clench my jaw. We stop at the lights, and a plan begins to form in my mind.

We turn right, I mumble, looking at him. Elias freezes and turns towards me, looking flabbergasted.

What? He asks slowly.

The lights turn green, and the cars behind us start honking. What? I question, feigning innocence. I thought it was your car, you were the driver? I ask, causing him to take a deep breath. His arms flex, one hand resting on top of the steering wheel while the other one is on his lap. The veins on his hand bulge as he clenches the steering wheel tighter. I shake my head.

NO, NO! Lets not think like that!

Fine, then, I look at him in question as he hits the accelerator, causing the car to speed up. He makes a fast turn, narrowly avoiding another car. My jaw drops as my life flashes before my eyes. After his reckless maneuver, he glances towards me with a smirk. I place my hand on my heart, taking deep breaths to calm my racing heart.

WHAT THE HELL! I shout, finally calming down. What? You said I was the driver, he smiles. He actually smiles! After nearly killing me, this man has the audacity to smile.

Now? He asks, giving me an innocent look, causing me to shake my head. Left, I mumble.

What is this place? He asks as the town comes into view.

I always saw this place while passing by, always thought it was beautiful, I smile. I wanted to come here with dad or the guys and maybe Zena, but never thought Id come here with you, I admit, looking at him as he hums in response.

Do we really leave the car here? He questions hesitantly, causing me to chuckle. No one is stealing your car, Elias, come, I laugh, getting out of the car.

Elias hesitantly steps out, constantly glancing back at his car, causing me to laugh. We stroll around the town a bit, taking in the vintage settings of this small, beautiful town. Elias maintains his resting bitch face, always grumbling.

We approach an old church that takes my breath away. Its extraordinary. Lets go in, I say excitedly, causing Elias to raise an eyebrow. No, I freeze, glaring at him.

Lets go, I insist, grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the church.

I dont think I should go inside, Elias mumbles, causing me to feel confused.

What, why? I ask.

I doubt I am allowed to go inside with everything my life had, Elias says, looking at me with a sad smile that almost makes me feel bad for him.

Almost.

Everyone is allowed to go inside, no matter what they did, I reassure him, grabbing his hand and leading him inside. Walking inside feels like entering a new world. The art, glass, and paintings are beautiful. I smile as I walk inside, but Im also surprised to find that theres no one there.

There isnt anyone here, I remark.

Well, not everyone has an Alora in their life to drag them here, Elias whispers softly, causing me to turn and look at him with a smile of my own.

We should pray, I suggest, walking further into the church with Elias following behind me. I sit on the bench on the right as Elias sits on the left. Clasping my hands together, I close my eyes and pray.

Thank you for everything that you have provided for me. Its everything I ever wished for. Thank you for giving me my happiness. I pray that I never lose it. This happiness always stays with me.

I slowly open my eyes, feeling more at peace than ever before. Turning to look at Elias, I find him already looking at me. I smile slightly as we walk out. Walking down the stairs of the church, Elias sits down. I tilt my head in question but sit down beside him.

It was peaceful, I smile, and he nods in agreement.

Well, what did you pray for? I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

He laughs. A full-blown laugh. I stare at him with a smile. I would never say it out loud, but his laugh is so calming.

Not telling you, but you have a nice smile, he states casually, causing my heart to flutter. Swallowing my shyness, I gather my courage.

You have a nice laugh, I compliment back, causing him to hum in response.

I hate you, I blurt out of nowhere. Silence falls between us, but its broken soon as he answers.

I hate you too.

Author's note

Ughh they have my heart :) they are going to get cuter guys but the progresss! Short chapter, I know. I'm so sorry, I promise you the next chapter is dramaa!

Anyway, how are you all?

Thoughts on the chapter?

Quote of the day:

Distance is better than disrespect.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

115K 2.2K 55
Olivia was taken from her family at the age of 2 by her families rivals. She can't remember anything before then, the only thing she can remember is...
216K 4.1K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...
49.6K 568 17
Arabela feels as if she has no place in the world, she feels lost. Arabella Hernandez is a young girl that got kidnapped by her mother at the age of...
385K 7.9K 42
Annalyse never had friends in her school. You ask why? She avoided them because she's so afraid that her father will know and everyone hates her. So...