The Red Knight Season 2 (Rive...

By Dre0726

After the shooting of Fred Andrews at POP's. Scott Wilson,AKA The Red Knight,will have to find out who is res... More

TRAILER
CAST
Chapter 14: A Kiss Before Dying (Part 1)
Chapter 14: A Kiss Before Dying (Part 2)
Chapter 14: A Kiss Before Dying (Part 3)
Chapter 15: Nighthawks (Part 1)
Chapter 15: Nighthawk (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Nighthawks (Part 3)
Chapter 16: The Watcher in the Woods (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Watcher in the Woods (Part 2)
Chapter 16: The Watcher in the Woods (Part 3)
Chapter 17: The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Part 1)
Chapter 17: The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Part 2)
Chapter 17: The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Part 3)
Chapter 18: When a Starnger Calls (Part 1)
Chapter 18: When a Starnger Calls (Part 2)
Chapter 18: When a Starnger Calls (Part 3)
Chapter 19: Death Proof (Part 2)
Chapter 19: Death Proof (Part 3)

Chapter 19: Death Proof (Part 1)

546 31 10
By Dre0726

JUGHEAD VO: In Riverdale, everyone wears a   mask. Not just the Red Knight or the Black Hood. But every so often, the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare, for all the world to see. So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath... And it's terrifying.

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
The next morning, Scott wakes up and sits up at the side of his bed. As Scott rubs the back of his neck, he feels a sharp pain on his hands. He looks down to see the bruises and cuts left on his knuckles. Markings left by his last night beating of Nick St.Claire, who nearly raped Cheryl Blossom. As Scott continues to look at his marks, he then hears his phone chimes.

He sees that Sandra Sanchez, one of the few who knows Scotts secret identity has texted him. In the text, Sandra ask if Scott could walk her to school and Scott types back yes. As Scott goes to check his other messages, he sees that he has not gotten a reply, or a good morning text, from his girlfriend, Veronica Lodge. This raise Scotts curiosity, as he wondered why he hadn't heard from his girlfriend.

- - - - THE SOUTHSIDE - - - -
A few hours later, Scott and Sandra are driving through the town of Riverdale, on there way to school. As they're driving, there's some awkward silence, in the car, almost as if each are waiting for the other to speak.

Sandra: So how'd you sleep?

Scott: Pretty okay. Usual three hours. What 'bout you?

Sandra: I slept good, too.

     The silent returns as the both almost try not to look each other in the eye. As the silence continues, Scott suddenly speaks up and says what Sandra was thinking

Scott: I take it you wanna talk about what happened last night, huh?

   Sandra turns her head and looks at Scott, whose eyes is only focused on the road. Sandra then lets out a deep sigh and begins to speak on what's been bothering her, since last night.

Sandra: Scott you became an entirely different person, last night.

Scott: Yeah, I'm a different person every night.

Sandra: Not like this.

   After saying that, Scott then looks over at her. Sandra could tell that her saying that did truly get to him.

Sandra[cont.]: if I hadn't pulled you off of him... you would have killed him.

Scott: No, I wouldn't have.

Sandra: Are you sure about that?

Scott: Let me ask you this. If that was Toni he roofied and almost raped. What would you have done?

    Scott quickly turns his head and looks at Sandra, for what felt like hours. Sandra is stunned by not only that question, but the anger that came out of Scott's voice. These last couple of days she is seeing a whole new side of him, possibly his true face. Quickly after that, both Scott and Sandra look forward and returning to their silence. As he continues to drive, Scott lets out a deep sigh and begins to speak.

Scott[cont.]: I'm sorry, that was...

Sandra: No, you're right. I can't imagine what that Blossom girl must be going through. She may not be your girlfriend but it's someone you know and you're right. If someone I knew went through something like that I...

    Scott stops at a red light and looks over at Sandra. As Sandra is trying her best not trying to think about what would've happened if it was someone she knew, she then felt a hand on her shoulder. She opens her eyes and sees that Scott is looking dead at her, with his hand on her shoulder, doing his best to comfort her.

Scott: Hey. Let's not think about it, alright? Let's just move on, like nothing ever happened. Okay?

Sandra: Yeah.

    As they both agree, the light turns green and Scott continues the drive to school.

Scott: By the way, thank you... for stopping me.

Sandra: Don't mention it. By the way, you hear about Jughead?

Scott: No, what?

Sandra: You don't know? He's apart of the Serpents now.

   Scott nearly slammed the brakes, from hearing this news. He had no idea that Jughead was doing this. He was left completely in of the dark, on this whole escapade Jughead was putting himself into.

Scott: What?

Sandra: Yeah. Toni told me that he officially joined, last night. He didn't tell you?

Scott: No, he didn't.

                   - - - - SOUTHSIDE HIGH - - - -
    At school, Jughead is at his locker and is wearing his Southside Serpent Jacket. As he's getting his books out of his locker, he hears a voice behind him.

???: Nice jacket.

   Jughead turns around and sees Scott standing behind him with his arms crossed and one eyebrow raised. Jughead lets out a deep sigh as he closes his locker and walks away.

Jughead: Don't start, please.

Scott: When we're you gonna tell me?

Jughead: I tried. But every time I tried calling, you didn't answer.

Scott: I was... dealing with something. You hear what happened to Cheryl?

Jughead: No, what happened?

    Before Scott could tell him, Archie comes bolting into the school and screaming at the two, to get there attention.

Archie: Jug! Scott! We gotta go, right now.

Jughead: What the hell are you doing here? Betty ask you to throw some salt in the wound?

Scott: What's going on?

Archie: Mayor McCoy's about to raid Southside High. We gotta get you out of here, right now, come on.

Scott: What the hell are you?...

  All of a sudden Mayor McCoy and Sheriff Keller comes marching in, followed by a bunch of other officers behind them. As Mayor McCoy is ordering officers to arrest anyone wearing a Southside Serpent Jacket, Archie attempts to drag Scott and Jughead out of the school. As they near the exit, Scott sees Sandra and Toni walking the halls. This causes Jughead and Scott to alert them and they break away from Archie grips and tries to help them.

Jughead: Toni! Sandra!

     As Toni and Sandra attempt to join the two boys, Archie stops them in their tracks and tries to talk sends into them.

Archie: Guys. you wanna help them? You can't do that from behind bars. Come on.

    Archie continues to drag the two out of the school and once they exit the building, Jughead and Scott watch from the door glass as their new friends are being falsely arrested and taken away. As Scott is about to go back in there and help them, Sandra looks up and shakes her head, as she knows this'll only make things worse. Reluctantly Scott and Jughead walk away from the door, as they both wonder why this is happening now.

- - - - POPS CHOCK'LITT SHOPPE - - - -
Later, at Pops, Jughead is pacing the floor of the diner as Scott is leaning on a table as Archie is doing his best to calm his beanie wearing friend to calm down.

Archie: Jughead, calm down.

Jughead: Calm down? Archie, Riverdale just became a police state.

Archie: McCoy's convinced the Serpents are dealing jingle-jangle.

Jughead: Serpents don't deal that stuff. The Ghoulies do.

Archie: So, tell Mayor McCoy that.

Scott: You honestly think Mayor McCoy is gonna care?

Archie: If you guys tell her, than yeah

Jughead: Really? The same Mayor McCoy that just arrested all our friends for no reason? Why do you care anyway, man? I thought you and Betty wanted nothing to do with me, right?

Scott is confused by this as he is internally wondering what Jughead was talking about, as he says that Archie and Betty wanted nothing to do with him.

Archie: I'm sorry about what happened, and how it happened. And as for Betty, you should maybe talk to her.

Jughead: I gotta go. Tall Boy wants to parley.

As Jughead gets up and walks out of the diner, Scott and Archie are left alone in silence. Scott than looks up at Archie, who looks distraught and tired.

Scott: What the hell was that all about?

Archie: What you mean?

Scott: What he said about you and Betty? What was that?

Archie then let's out a deep sigh as Scotts sits on the opposite side of the table wears Archie is sitting.

Archie: Okay but you have to promise not to say anything or tell anyone.

Scott nods as Archie, hesitantly, talks about what Betty is going through, with the Black Hood.

Archie[cont.]: The Black Hood has been forcing Betty to do these... "deeds" for him, which includes alienating her from her friends and family... including Jughead.

Scott: How's Betty taking it?

Archie: She's hanging in there, but I don't know how much more she can honestly take.

Scott: Look, I hear you. When the time comes, we'll step in. But right now, we gotta let Betty handle this.

Scott and Archie than sit at the diner table, in silence, as they wonder what their lives have now become.

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH - - - -
An hour later, at Riverdale high, Veronica is walking the school halls, with Kevin Keller, when they run into Scott. Usually Veronica would be ecstatic when Scott would come to visit, but now she looks like she doesn't even want him here. Scott notices this and is even more confused by this.

Scott: Hey.

Veronica looks away, almost as if she doesn't even want to look at him.

Scott[cont.]: Listen, I...

Kevin: Is this another lie you're gonna tell her?

Scott: Nice to see you too, Kevin. Listen can we go somewhere to talk, privately, please?

Scott looks at Veronica with a look of plea. Reluctantly, Veronica grabs Scotts hand and leads him somewhere they can talk privately.

   - - - - THE BLUE AND GOLD OFFICE - - - -
The door of the blue and gold open, where Scott and Veronica walk in. Veronica closes the door behind her and slams her books on the table and crosses her arms, while giving Scott a dirty look. To say that Scott was in the hot seat would be an understatement.

Scott: What's going on? I've been texting you but you haven't responded. Is everything okay?

Veronica: I saw you.

Scott: Saw me? Saw me doing what?

Veronica: Don't act dumb, okay?! I saw you leave the open house, last night, with that... Serpent girl.

Suddenly it all comes hitting Scott in the face, like a train. He remembers leaving the open house, with Sandra, but didn't know Veronica was watching him. His two lives were coming dangerously close together.

Scott: Veronica, I promise you that was nothing.

Veronica: How can I believe that?!

Veronica anger than turn to sorrow as she walks up to Scotts face and places her hand on his cheek, so he could see how desperate she is for him to talk to her.

Veronica[cont.]: You're hiding something from me, aren't you? Every time I see you, you're either bruised up or you've broken something. What is it? What is it that you're not telling me?!

Scott realizes that he has no other choice. If he's gonna continue this relationship with the woman he loves. He's gonna have to tell her that he is the Red Knight.

Scott: Veronica, I'm...

   Before Scott could finish what he was about to say, he then thinks back to what Sandra told him about not telling the people he loves his secret. He looked away and quickly thought of something that could, possibly, appease Veronica's suspicion.

Scott[cont.] So sorry for putting you in the middle of what's going on with me. Once things are settled, I'll explain everything.

Veronica: I don't wanna wait for "things to get settled." How are we supposed to be together, if you keep pushing me away.

Scott: I'm not pushing you away, Veronica. I'm just... going through a lot right now and I just...

Veronica: Than tell me, Scott. Tell me what is going on, to the point where you can't show up, when I need you.

    Before Scott could answer, the office door opens and Betty walks in. She stops in her tracks as she sees the two couple standing there. Calling this an awkward moment would be an understatement.

Scott: Veronica, wait!

    Veronica storms out of the blue and gold, leaving Scott and Betty, who is confused by this, alone. Frustrated, Scott kicks over a chair and walks toward the window.

Scott[cont.]: Damnit!

Betty: Is everything okay?

Scott: I wish I could say yes.

    Scott pinches the bridge of his nose and sits on the edge of the table. Betty, seeing how Scott is dealing with his own relationship issues, goes over and sits on the edge with him.

Scott[cont.]: Why does it feel like the world is about to explode?

Betty: Because it is... our world that is.

   As Betty and Scott next to each other, at the edge of the table. Betty than rest her head on Scott's shoulder, as the two lost souls are both struggling with their secrets and double lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 1.1K 10
a story in which a good girl becomes bad due to a new influence. Betty and Archie were best friends, prepared to take on yet another year at Riverdal...
89.2K 2K 45
Scott Wilson is a 16 year old Sophomore, when he was 10, his parents were tragically murdered in a home invasion. Ever since then he has been trying...
41.1K 1.9K 80
[ COMPLETED] Alice Cooper has a much darker past than she lets on. She tries to hide the truth. She fails to hide her true identity from one person...
16.8K 554 24
Betty starts to loose control when she starts to have wild dreams. She realises the person causing these dreams is the only other person on the schoo...