𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 ☆ ᴛ. ᴛᴜʀɴᴇʀ

By mlbtrophywife

"if i'm being honest, i don't think i've ever fallen for anyone as fast as i fell for you." ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*... More

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝟎𝟏. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟎𝟐. 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟎𝟑. 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟎𝟒. 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟎𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐯 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟎𝟔. 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟎𝟕. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝟎𝟖. 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐲
𝟎𝟗. 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞
𝟏𝟎. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
𝟏𝟏. 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝟏𝟐. 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝟏𝟑. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥
𝟏𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟏𝟓. 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟏𝟔. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝?
𝟏𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬
𝟏𝟖. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟏𝟗. 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤
𝟐𝟎. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝟐𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐭
𝟐𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝟐𝟑. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟐𝟒. 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟐𝟓. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝟐𝟔. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚ç𝐚í 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝟐𝟕. 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝟐𝟖. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭
𝟐𝟗. 𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐫 𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭, 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.
𝟑𝟎. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝟑𝟏. 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐬
𝟑𝟐. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝
𝟑𝟑. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟑𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐧
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝟑𝟓. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟑𝟔. 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟑𝟕. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.
𝟑𝟖. 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝟑𝟗. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲.
𝟒𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟒𝟏. 𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨?
𝟒𝟐. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟒𝟑. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝟒𝟒. 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐒 𝐡𝐨𝐭
𝟒𝟓. 𝐫𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝟒𝟔. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐
𝟒𝟕. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝟒𝟖. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲
𝟒𝟗. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦
𝟓𝟎. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟏. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝟓𝟐. 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝟓𝟑. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟓𝟒. 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭
𝟓𝟔. 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐲
𝟓𝟖. 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟓𝟗. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞
𝟔𝟎. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠?
𝟔𝟏. 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟔𝟐. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝟓𝟓. 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

249 3 12
By mlbtrophywife

they had won. they won the first game of the series against the padres.

and vanessa was nowhere to be found.

they proved they could win without her.

dave wasn't to excited about the fact that she left, although he was one of the only people she told where she was. 

she was liking new york. her entire world was different. she wasn't the same person she was in la. it was a different vanessa. and she was starting to like it better.

the team missed her of course, but they couldn't let that drag them down. they did everything they could to ignore it.

the fact that they won their first game without ness was huge. they didn't need her to win. and they had to keep their positivity going.

but it felt impossible.

and then they lost.

and again.

and one last time.

and vanessa was off in new york.

she didn't contact her team once during the games. none of them.

she honestly forgot about her team. she was able to attend the games in new york without getting recognized too much, which was nice. apparently people in new york didn't care too much about the LA manager.

she did everything she could to not think about it. thinking about it made her stomach hurt. it made her head spin and her ears ring. she couldn't think about it.

and truthfully, she had no intentions of going back, at least for a while. 

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"did you hear the news?" aaron said, scrolling on his phone, slouched on giancarlo's couch.

"do i want to hear the news?" ness questioned before he continued. he looked at her and gave her a half shrug.

"what is it?" giancarlo asked.

"dodgers lose nlds to the padres."

"time to go home?" giancarlo joked under his breath.

"sounds like they need you over there." aaron said with a laugh.

vanessa felt guilty for their loss. maybe if she was there, she could've prevented it. maybe if she was more patient.

whatever it was that she could've done to help them win, it was too late.

ness was quiet for a little too long after the question.

"yo ness, you okay?" giancarlo asked looking over towards the blonde, she was entirely spaced out, and could probably burst into tears at any moment.

and giancarlo missed the number one rule of women.

never ask a girl if she's okay when she's most obviously not.

tears streamed down her cheeks as she sat and continued to stare blankly. her lips quivvered slightly and she occasionally let out a sniffle.

aaron sat up from his slouched position and placed his phone down on the table.

"ness, whats wrong?" he asked as the expressionless girl let the tears burn into her cheeks.

she didn't know what exactly was making her cry. there was so much, there was too much to just pinpoint one thing. so she just didn't say anything.

"go pour her another glass of wine." aaron murmured to giancarlo, who wasn't quite sure what to do with himself. "its okay if you don't know ness. i understand how you're feeling." he sympathized with her.

vanessa shakily raised her hand to wipe away a stream of tears down her face, just for more to come flooding though.

"you don't have to go back to la. you know that right?" aaron continued. vanessa was able to respond with a slight nod. "do you want to?" the blonde hesitantly shrugged. there were so many pros and cons to la, but lately, the cons had been so heavy.

"stay with us, seriously." giancarlo said walking back into his living room, with two glasses of wine. he placed one on the table in front of vanessa, before she quickly picked it up.

"i can't." she managed to get out. "i don't think im supposed to be here."

"you grew up here i thought?" aaron asked, slightly excited that she was talking.

"i did." the blonde said, "thats why i cant be here. and i can't show my face in la. ill be crucified.""that extreme?" g questioned.

"probably not extreme enough."

vanessa hadn't looked at her phone in god knows how long. she didn't want any connection to anyone from anywhere but the three people who had essentially been nursing her back to health.

"look ness," aaron began "you know we love you. and you're beyond welcome to stay here in new york for however long you need to. but you're an adult. and you were made to do amazing things. new york is full of opportunities for you to start fresh. but knowing you, you need to go somewhere. you're too independent to waste your months away with us. if you want to leave tomorrow, thats fine. if you want to leave in a week, that's fine. if you want to leave in 2 months, thats fine. but we cant hold you back, and if anything, that's all we're doing."

vanessa didn't really have anything to say to that, he was completely right.

a/n: hi guys this chapter is very short i am so sorry but i have a good idea for the next ones so i think this is okay :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 4.2K 72
"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger sister of the famous Joc Pederson. She...
203K 2.7K 50
"baby watching you break is like going through hell" trigger warning: contains and/or mentions: eating disorders, depression, sexual assault, and ph...
15.6K 396 200
Everything took place dodgers stadium game when a group of high school varsity baseball team got invited to see the game stay after for Meet & Greets...
6.1K 140 34
Taylor Hopkins knew that she wanted a career in baseball since she was 10 years old after her first time ever at the ballpark. After getting the job...