Everything Red | A Hawk/Eli M...

By C1assywritez

A Cobra Kai • Hawk/Eli fan fiction With all the Valleys crazy, what could possibly go wrong? Missy Barns, d... More

Interlude
The Beginning
Chapter 1 • Dear Diary
Chapter 2 • Ultraviolet
Chapter 3 • Back in The Game
Chapter 4 • Halloween Dance
Chspter 5 • Missy's Debut
Chapter 6 • Rebirth
Chapter 7 • House Arrest
Chapter 8 • Dog Bites
Chapter 9 • Crumbling Pedestal
Chapter 10 • Crumbling Pedestal Pt. 2
Chapter 11 • Cry Me A River
Chapter 12 • All Valley
Chapter 13 • Stage Two
Chapter 14 • Curtain Call
Chapter 15 • Coming Up Next: A Thief
Chapter 16 • John Kreese
Chapter 17 • She's Tory with a Y, and she's Missy with a problem Pt. 1
Chapter 18 • Hawk
Chapter 19 • She's Tory with a Y, and She's Missy with a Problem Pt. 2
Chapter 20 • Mall Fighters
Chapter 21 • Breaking Up
Chapter 22 • On Wards, and Backwards
Chapter 23 • D-Man2002
Chapter 24 • Moon's Party
Chapter 25 • A Really Bad Day
Chapter 26 • Because of Torys Rage
Chapter 27 • Morphine
Chapter 28 • My Enemy
Chapter 29 • Washing Away Our Sins
Chapter 30 • What Happens On The Soccer Field... pt. 1
Chapter 31 • What Happens On the Soccer Field... pt. 2
Chapter 32 • Revelation
Chapter 33 • Back In The Game
Chapter 34 • Eagle Fang
Chapter 35 • Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 36 • The Enemy of My Enemy
Chapter 37 • Greener Pastures
Chapter 38 • Indifferent
Chapter 39 • The Bridge
Chapter 40 • True Colours
Chapter 41 • Endurance Run
Chapter 42 • Swapping Sensei's For A Day or Two
Chapter 44 • Dirty Cheaters
Chapter 45 • Because Of Terry Silver
Chapter 46 • Suprise Bitch
Chapter 47 • Nothing Left
Chapter 47 • Reflections
Chapter 48 • Eagle Fang Take Two!
Chapter 49 • Prom
Chapter 50 • Friends Into Lovers
Chapter 51 • Aftermath
Chapter 52 • On The Way
Chapter 53 • To Being Better
Chapter 54 • Playing With Fire
Chapter 55 • Escelation
Chapter 56 • The Date
Chapter 57 • Revival
Chapter 58 • Welcome To The Jungle
Chapter 59 • Yanbaru Kuina
Chapter 60 • Blood Sweat
Chapter 61 • Celebrate Good Times
Chapter 62 • Incognito Pt. 1
Chapter 63 • Incognito Pt. 2
Chapter 64 • Stung
Chapter 65 • Winner And Losers
Intermission!!!

Chapter 43 • What Happens At The Drive-In With Judas

123 3 17
By C1assywritez

(A/n: lady gaga said it best! And I am in love with Judas ❤️)

"Demetri!"

"WHAT?!"

"YOU FORGOT-"

"OH SHIT- right I'm coming!"

***

Missy's P.o.V

"This is impossible!" I cried out as all of Eagle Fang continued to stick our hands in the pond, trying to catch the fish that were being so coy... I barely even touched a scale, and no one else even came close to getting their hands on one.

The entire morning we could catch a single fish. As Daniel Larusso paced around behind us, watching us fail horribly. At this point we were all starting to get soaked.

"Patience! You'll figure it out!"

Ugh I'm tired of being patient. What is the point of this?! I wish Daniel would just get to it already, because this was starting to piss me off. Not being able to catch a single thing.

"I have an idea..." Miguel spoke up, eyeing the fish in the pond, and we all yank our hands out of it.

The water was calm, and everyone fell silent. The only thing you could hear was the sound of Miyagi-Do's water fall, and the sound of the slight breeze in the distance.

Suddenly I noticed something interesting that could be of value to us, maybe the same thing Miguel was thinking. I was watching how the fish were swimming around the deck in a circle, slow and steady.

And suddenly it hit me.

What if we jumped in, and followed them.

"Everyone follow me." Miguel spoke again and Daniel shook his head approvingly. This must have been his whole plan. The whole idea was for us to move with the fish, instead of against them.

Miguel stuck his leg into the pond and stood up in it, waving for everyone to come down quietly as he started moving in a circle. The same direction as the fish.

"What the-"

"Follow my lead! Walk in a circle."

"Well you heard the man!" I say slowly getting in the pond, waving everyone down.

Everyone soon followed after in our direction, and we slowly took off in the same motion as the fish. Following the fish! Waiting patiently for the perfect moment.

"It's working! They're going under the board!" Hawk spoke up proudly.

"Ha! Ha!" I cheered as we continued to walk in the same motion.

Then suddenly Miguel reached down under the board, and whips out one of the koi fish. Gripping onto it tight enough so it wouldn't slide out of his hands, but light enough so he wouldn't kill it.

"I did it!" He smiled brightly.

"And we have a winner!" Daniel claps "Good job Miguel!"

After a few minutes later we all jumped out of the pond, and started drying ourselves off. Sensei Larusso walks inside the dojo, leaving us a few minutes to take a break as we chugged down some water.

"I talked to Robby." Hawk says as he sat next to me, pouring water out of his shoes.

Oh no. He didn't.

"Why?" I asked nervously.

"I just wanted to let him know what would happen if he hurts you." He spoke bluntly, pulling his damp shoe back on. Then picking up the other and pouring the pond water out of it.

I sat there stunned. Shocked and frustrated all at the same time. I thought we were passed all of this stupid threatening each other shit, and then he goes and does it again.

Not to mention I haven't heard from Robby since!

"How could you do that..." I shuttered.

"Because I'm just trying to protect you whether you like it or not!"

"No wonder why he's not responding to me. Hawk why would you do that!"

"I-"

"Save it. Hawk you know why I won't date you?" I wondered if he could figure this one out. It wasn't rocket science, it was simple. And if he can't figure it out then we're hopeless.

"Why" he shook his head.

"Because you go and do stupid shit like this!" I chucked my shoes in his face. Causing him to fall back into the pond. While Daniel Larusso comes back out with an extra headband. Similar to the one he always wears.

"If he doesn't speak to me ever again, it's your fault!" I growled as Hawk pulled himself out of the pool. Defeated.

Part of me wanted to cry right there, but I held it in... Hawk was meddling around in my love life, and he had no right to do so! I was so furious with him over this, I just wanted to slap him.

I didn't do that either..

That's a bit too far for my taste in these kinds of situations. I can't be hurting people every time I got mad.

"I'm sorry but someone had to do it! So it mine as well have been me!"

"Shut up. Don't talk to me."

Miguel and Daniel Larusso stood face to face, as the group gathered around them. I followed suit in an attempt to ignore Hawk, and get my mind off of all of this.

"Mr. Miyagi once told me, this represents perseverance, courage, and strength." He tells a Miguel as he begins unbinding the knot that held the band together.

"It also does a pretty good job at keeping the sweat out of your eyes." He chuckled as he began wrapping the band around his forehead.

"What the hell..." I heard someone from the distance, and it was Johnny Lawrence. I turned around to see how he was taking this, and it looked like he was about to explode...

Oh no.

***

Hawks P.o.V

I cursed myself on the way to school this morning. Frustrated that no matter what I did, it was always wrong... there was no way I was getting my girl back now.

Maybe I shouldn't have confronted Robby.

This time, again... I might be the reason her heart gets broken. I don't know how I'm going to live with that.

Maybe I shouldn't be so focused on her. Maybe I should just focus on being able to kick the crap out of Cobra Kai. That was the problem right now. One I had to have my full attention on. Then deal with my girl problems later.

Speaking of which...

"What the hell..." I whispered to myself as I noticed a young boy, walking down the hallway with a bright red Cobra Kai T-shirt. This kid I didn't recognize, he obviously didn't go here.

I followed the boy down the halls of my school and found that he went into the boys bathroom, behind Bert and Nathaniel. Maybe I could get him to stay away from Cobra Kai, this wasn't his fight.

Once I got into the bathroom I stopped at the entry way, and watched boy bawl up his fists. As Nate and Bert stood there laughing at him. Over what? I don't know, but it probably wasn't anything good.

Before this kid got a chance to strike first, I grabbed him by the torso up and slammed him against the stall.

"Thinking about striking first huh."

I looked down at him, and realized he was really small. And that if I even tried to pick a fight with him even further, then I'd be breaking the no fighting rules... fuck.

Whatever, he's not worth it anyway.

"I-" he was breathing heavily, and his eyes were wider than I've ever seen before. Terrified that I was going to do something to hurt him.

But as everyone knows. Sometimes you have to show mercy. Even when you don't like it, and that's exactly what I did. Besides he was going to learn that being in Cobra Kai is a mistake.

"Yeah! Word of advice kid. Get out of Cobra Kai while you still can." Doesn't he know he's going to lose? "Because they're about to go down. And it's not going to be pretty." I tell him. Releasing my grip on him, and stepping away from the stall and the scared little boy.

This time walked away.

So they want to do a little recruiting huh? Well two can play at that game.

***

Missy's P.o.V

"HAI!"

The next few days after I had my little melt down with Hawk, Sensei Larusso was teaching us some breathing exercises and some arm movements along with it.

"Hai!"

There was heavy breathing coming from both ends of the pond, as we moved our arms as smoothly and strategically as possible. Letting go of any anger we were burying down inside.

After having thought about it more, I was tired of being mad at Hawk. I didn't want to fight with him anymore of stupid things like that, I didn't want to wreck the pieces we started putting back together. He was still too important to, to me lose him.

I wanted us to find a way to communicate maturity.

"Hai! Hai!"

I wanted us to be able to read each others minds, and anticipate our next moves without having to guess or question every little detail without overthinking it.

"Hai!"

I wanted us to have boundaries.

"Hai!"

I looked up and saw Sensei Lawrence was unhappy with the way Miguel was being trained, the way they were bonding quicker and better than Miguel and him first started out.

I guess ever since the day he saw Daniel give Miguel that headband, he just started overthinking everything. And started taking the Miyagi-Do's to the next level of his training regiment.

"Attack!"

Her breathing was heavy as Sam smashed her fists into the protective gloves Sensei Lawrence was wearing, and her eyes were glued on her target. With each strike, she put all her force into her fists.

Becoming forceful.

"That's it!"

Honestly, I was missing my o.g. Sensei.

"That's it! Hai! Hai! Hai!"

Where as on the other side, Miguel's breathing was much more concentrated and his punches were more direct and anticipated. Much less angrier, and much more... balanced compared to Sam's.

"That's it! Let all your aggression disappear." Daniels voice was soothing, and soft as he guided us through the Miyagi-Do's usual breathing exercise.

"Yeah nice kick Larusso!"

This was so distracting. I was feeling bad for Sensei Lawrence and hopeful for Daniel Larusso at the same time.

After training was over we followed the same old routine and dispersed as the Sensei's collected their things to go home. Only this time something felt off.

"Diaz! You hungry? I'll make your favourite. Spicy manwich, side of steak fries!"

Damn a steak sounded really good right now.

And fries.

"Oh. Im actually going with Mr. Larusso, we're finishing up my moms car!"

"Oh. Okay no problem!"

Oh yeah that's right, I totally forgot Carmen's care was brown down. Hey I was wondering how Miguel was getting home!? Now we know. Disappointingly for Sensei Lawrence though.

"Yikes..." I whispered to myself, scratching the back of my neck.

"Sensei!" For a moment Johnny Lawrence turned around, only to find Miguel wasn't talking about him anymore. "Ready when you are!" Shortly after he jumped in the car with the Larusso's.

"This is sad." I say as Demetri and Hawk stood on both sides of me.

"Yeah..."

"Should we say something?" I ask the two boys.

"Probably not a good idea, last time I said something I got kicked in the balls." Demetri spoke up, with his eyes glued to Sensei's mini van.

"Demetri, I saw you" I turned to him "you kicked Sensei in the face!" I exclaimed.

"On accident!"

Hawk chuckled.

"Okay whatever. Let's go fellow nerds. Midnight madness wants some gas station pizza!" I saw dangling my keys in the air, making the metals clash together. Saying let's get the bell out of here before I take a bite of that tree over there.

"Oh by the way, are we doing the drive in tonight? Bloodsport is playing. I got us three tickets!" Demetri pulls out three small sheets of pink papers from his pockets, tickets to a night out.

"Yeah I'm down, Hawk?"

"Hell yeah that sounds n fun."

"Alright! Let's roll out deadly trio!"

"I thought we weren't calling ourselves that. You gave me shit for it."

"It sounds cooler when I say it though."

"Yeah she's right. It does."

"You guys are mean to me..."

***

Finally we got a night that wasn't about karate. Something we could brand as normal, and we can look back on it and maybe not cringe over. Karate wasn't the only thing I wanted to remember in my life. I wanted to look back and able to say, I had the coolest highschool life ever. Aside from all the pain and trauma...

Well.

It could've been like that.

Currently I was walking side by side with Demetri and Hawk, as we were going to meet up with our friends. We carried pizza, and slushes for the movie night drive in.

Turns out the whole team wanted to go to the drive in, so that's what our plan was for the night. To kick back and watch a marshal arts movie. How convenient...

Tonight, I had on my coolest outfit for the showing. It's not all the time I get to dress up a little, considering all I wear these days is athletic clothing.

My lips were covered in dark plum lipstick, and a dark purple leather jacket. I had on a pair of distressed black jeans, and a plain white T-shirt to go with it all. Matching my white and purple Jordan's.
It's been a while since I put on the colour purple, but tonight I was really feeling it.

"I'm gonna go find where everyone's at." Demetri says, as he winks at the both of us.

I know what the means, he was purposely leaving us alone.

"Okay. What was that." I looked over at Mohawk.

"I have no idea!"

"You're a bad liar!"

"Okay I wanted to talk to you alone." Hawk proposes as he grabs me by the hands, and pulled me aside away from all of the cars. We ended up on a cement pad, under some kind of umbrella. It was out in the open, and everyone could see us. Making this conversation not so private.

"What's goin on Mohawk?" I bit my slice of pizza and swallowed it. Waiting for Hawk to continue his request.

Suddenly he's pulling out a little black velvet box, and I'm freaking out. I swear if that's some kind of engagement ring in there, I'm going to abandon him right here. Now I know he's not this stupid...

"Put that away." I saw with a serious tone and freaked out look on my face.

Hawk stops for a moment, and looks up at me for a split second. Before a huge laugh escapes his lips, and he shook his head.

"No! Oh my god no. Relax!" He says.

Hawk opens the box, and it's a very shiny necklace. With the letters Melissa spelt out. It was silver, and definitely brand new. With little purple rein-stones lining on the letters.

This mother fucker knows how much I love shiny things... ugh he's making this so hard, and he knows it!

"What's this?" I ask trying to play naive.

"Well this is to say thank you for driving me around!" He replies as he takes the little necklace out of the box. I allowed him to stand behind me and clasp it around my neck, allowing it to rest against my chest.

His soft hands slowly moved my hair out of the way, so it wouldn't get caught in the mini chain. As thick hair tends to do.. man I need to cut my hair again, it grows too Damn fast.

I felt fragile under his touch, which made it difficult to keep my composure. Robby was the one who was supposed to make me feel this way, not Eli...

"But this." He begins pulling out a wrapped present. "Is a birthday present from yours truly." He holds out the small gift to me.

I almost forgot. Today was my seventeenth birthday... and no one remembered except for Hawk. Suddenly I started getting very emotional over the fact, considering everything we've been through.

Avery was usually the first to say it, then dad, and well mom just forgot so she never really said happy birthday to me until the day after. Bringing me some random present she bought that was full of emptiness.

Today was just one of those off days, and everyone was distracted. I didn't blame any of them for not remembering because of everything that's been going on. So I sulked in silence.

Thanks to Hawk I felt a little burst of passion inside, and a lot of love for my homie. Well... maybe more than a little.

"I had to get a little creative because after all those lessons my bank account was hurting... but it's fine, because I spent the last of it on you, and that to me is totally worth it. So yeah I guess the necklace counts too."

He knows me well enough to know I didn't care about the material things, I cared about the meaning and the thought behind them. That's what counted in my eyes.

I slowly took the present from his hands and started unraveling the bright purple bow, and then ripped apart the dark blue shiny wrapping paper.

Revealing a Kiss CD, one that I've never been able to get my hands on so that was greatly appreciated, and a framed photo of Hawk, Demetri, and I of that day at the pond by his house.

"How- when-"

"Demetri helped me out a little after practice! But I had this planned months ago. That's what the tickets were really for you. I helped Demetri get those."

I ran my thumb along the frame, admiring the photo. Almost being brought to tears by the heartfelt sentiment. It's been a long time since someone has gone out of their way for me like this, and Hawk did that.

"You're not a gift person I know! But I couldn't help it... I had too." He says.

I almost missed the mini silver lilac charm and then Hawk whipped out another box. With the same wrapping paper, and ribbon as Demetri ran away after placing it down behind him.

"Demetri!" He shouted.

"WHAT?!"

"YOU FORGOT-"

"OH SHIT- right I'm coming!"

"Sorry... I had this perfectly planned..." Hawk says as Demetri comes running up with a bouquet of purple lilacs and white tiger lilies. A few of my favourite flowers.

I was speechless. There was just so much being handed to me, and I was overwhelmed with happiness in the first time for months. I was feeling something different other than depression and anxiety.

Hawk had me all choked up.

"Open!" He says handing me the flowers and the other medium sized box.

Inside was all the snacks I was utterly obsessed with and a eagle squishmallow. How fitting, and I absolutely loved it!

I think I might cry right now.

"I hope I did well-"

I didn't give him a chance to finish his sentence as I immediately pulled him into a hug, squeezing tightly. But not to tight so I didn't crush the flowers.

"It's perfect."

Before Hawk could respond our body's shifted, and suddenly both of us were covered in spilt pop and popcorn and pizza slices next to our feet. Coming from a boy I had never seen before, but looked terrified once he realized what he has done.

"I'm sorry-"

"It's all good, I say."

Only Hawk on the other hand was unimpressed, and yet entertained by this awkward encounter.

"Oh man that sucks!" He says in a sarcastic tone.

"Hawk don't start." He ignored me.

Ugh every time..

"You should watch where you're going kid."

"Hawk calm down! It's not a big deal." He wasn't showing it, but I knew he was getting all worked up over this. "It was just an accident!"

"Yeah same goes for you." What is Robby doing here?

Wait- then this is Kenny... Robby was telling me about him.

I set my stuff on the ground behind me so I could help make this even less of a scene, as the Cobra Kais came walking over to us.

"Look who it is." Hawk spoke, as Bert and Nate ran over to us.

Kenny ran behind Robby, seeking protection.

"You betrayed Miyagi-Do!" Nate shouted at Robby.

"Guys come on, we don't have to to this!"

"Oh there's a traitor her for sure!"

Shivers ran up my arms and down my back, leaving behind a trail of fear. As I watched Tory jogging up behind Robby with her hands shaped into fists.

"And they're going to get what they deserve."

They're talking about Hawk and me.

"I don't think so." Sam and the rest of the crew came walking up next to us. Preparing for what could be a fight.

"Not if I have anything to say about it princess!" Tory snapped.

"Say that again." I tell her "see what happens next."

Tory looked at me, with fury.

Maybe. Just maybe she was as afraid of me, as I was of her. She held back, and didn't say a word after that. Or at least it was hard for her.

And here I thought we were going to have one night of freedom, but this just kept boiling over and over.

"Hey you guys! Can you believe they have Mr. Pip and Dr. Pepper!" Demetri had absolutely no idea what was going on right now, and I loved that for him. Thanks to him, the fighting motivation fizzled out as we all turned our heads to look at him.

"Walk away bro" I said.

"Aw man... not another rumble."

"Careful Larusso! Your mommy isn't here to play peacemaker."

"What's that supposed to mean."

"Guys stop!" Miguel shouted.

"Oh! I do hope those splinters healed up!"

"Still choking on glass Missy?" Tory looked at me.

Bitch...

"How's your leg?" I say referring to the night I smashed it at the laser quest. Looked to me like she was still limp.

She couldn't say anything.

"Okay we can't do this!" Miguel shouted. "We'll beat em' on the mat."

"Oh really? You do know what happened last time we fought right?"

What that killed it all for me. Sort of.

"Ok. Meet us at the baseball field in thirty minutes." Miguel practically demanded. While gritting his teeth.

"And no weapons."

"Yeah, we won't need em'"

"Yeah."

Ugh...

"Dude genius move we didn't even have to throw a punch!" Hawk bursted put into a fit of laughter, as we all sat in my car watching the Cobra Kais get douced with the fields sprinklers.

Kind of lame in my opinion but... rules were rules.

"My favourite kind of victory!" Demetri patted Miguel on the shoulder.

Sam and I agreed that it was such a stupid idea, and wasn't necessary when we could've just drove home. There was no point to a fight, this is the anger we should've been saving for the tournament.

***

"Henceforth! Miguel Diaz, shall be known as The Rainmaker!" Demetri made jazz hands with his fingers as he imitated the motion of rain. Earning a satisfying cackled from everyone else.

"El Diablo De La Iluvia!"

I scoffed.

"Yeah but I'd they hadn't fallen for it we still would've beaten them." Sam pointed out, and a Miguel was opposed.

"Yeah but there's still so many ways it could've gone bad."

"What could've gone bad?"

"We were about to get into a gnarly fight at the drive in sensei! But Miguel saved the day."

"Oh yeah? How'd you do that?"

"Told those Cobra Kais to meet us at the baseball field, just in time for the grass to get watered."

Sensei Lawrence wasn't too impressed either.

"So you picked a fight? Didn't show up, and then you douced them with a hose?" I think Sensei was having flashbacks to his teenage hood.

"Oh, well it was sprinklers!" Demetri clarified.

And then Sensei gave him the stink eye.

"I'll go back to saying nothing!"

"You just poked the bear! What do you think is gonna happen?! You think they're just gonna leave well enough alone?!" No because Johnny had a point. Who knows what they're gonna do now.

Daniel came out of the dojo.

"From everything I heard, sounds to me like Miguel practiced restraint. Found a way to get out of a bad situation without having to get hurt. What did you want him to do? Get into a drive in switchblade fight?"

How is he missing the point right now.

"I'm proud of you! You've taken Miyagi-Do's teachings to heart."

Oof that touched a nerve for Johnny.

"Okay Larusso we need to have a little talk."

Just before Johnny started going off, Daniel froze in place. And Johnny slowly turned around, as we all did. Pulling out attentions towards the gate as two men walked through the door.

"Gentlemen." The one that wasn't Kreese, rubbed his hands together.

"It seems we have a few things to discuss."

(A/n: does Missy find out that's her dads old Sensei? I guess we'll find out.👀)

-Classy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 10.3K 68
𝐼𝑛•𝑠𝑎•𝑡𝑖𝑎•𝑏𝑙𝑒 [𝑎𝑑𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒] - 𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑠𝑓𝑦. in which Johnny Lawrence's daughter follo...
30.9K 944 10
SEQUEL TO DADDY ISSUES! Katherine LaRusso has always been a fighter. Whether it's on the training mat or in real life. Now, the stakes are higher tha...
9.4K 396 16
Y/N L/N moved to California last year, His assimilation to the LA lifestyle has been rocky in the nicest way. With absent parent at home, He doesn't...
36.9K 1.2K 35
𝗙!𝗢𝗖 𝘅 𝗗𝗲𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗼𝘀 𝘅 𝗘𝗹𝗶 𝗠𝗼𝘀𝗸𝗼𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘇 Kalon Lawrence has always been a fighter. Being the daughter of Johnny...