Progress

Avant03 tarafından

I have been in love with her ever since the day I met her. I tried so hard for her to notice me, to like me b... Daha Fazla

F1
F3
F4
F5
F6
F7
F8
F9
F10
F11
F12
F13
F14

F2

245 30 4
Avant03 tarafından

Its crazy how love can works. Its almost as if it will give you the most magical feeling in the world, and it would also give you the most painful feeling. Alyssa  had her heart broken and it's the  worst pain she ever felt. As the night deepens her mind was in deep thought  wondering how everyone can move past the pain. 

The thought of what if, how, why has just bothered her all through out the night. 

And now she understands why her father chose to drown himself with the drink she has in her hand. As she swirls the liquid in the glass, and slowly brings it just on the tip of her nose just enough for her to savor the aroma.

Whiskey. Most basic alcohol drink. Robust and rich flavor with notes of oak, spice and vanilla.

Tonight, Alyssa choose this drink as her friend. Tonight she just wanna feel numb. 

Aly: Cheers to heart break...

She took a sip and felt that hard sting on her palate, it was definitely robust in flavor and as she savors it the subtle notes of spice and vanilla shared its after taste. 

Alyssa brushed up her hair and look around her. 

She wasn't in any bar she just went to a place where she feels safe and comfortable. 

Alone.

Aly: Summer is coming..it's going to be hard seeing you around here now.. I love this place so much, it's a shame I have to feel mixed emotions now to this place..

Alyssa smiled to the thought of since summer is around the corner, Dennise will be much be visiting the garage together with his brother. 

She took a deep breath and finish the glass of whiskey, then  poured another one. Every Summer the Lazaro's from time to time visit the shop and Justin would practice his laps on their race track. Especially with the modifications and adjustment that Justin asked them to do. its most likely they would be here almost everyday. 

Justin loves the speed in driving, he has a talent and skills in driving that's why he choose to become an F1 driver. He has always dreamt to become a Formula 1 driver and now he is, and one of the best. 

Dennise on the other hand aside from her love for Volleyball, ever since she was young she was surrounded by cars, she grew up with cars practically. She loves seeing the race, the thrill of chase and the competitiveness of the teams. 

Another drink.

Alyssa took another sip.

She hopes that Dennise will be more busy in school or in volleyball as Alyssa couldn't even know how will she act if Dennise was around her. Should she be distant towards her or just pretend that nothing happened, that Dennise didn't just break her heart. 

A few drinks in and Alyssa was already a bit drowsy, she sat back on her swivel chair and just close her eyes and drifted to sleep.

The next morning...

Alyssa can subtle hear noises like papers flipping, she slowly opened her eyes, she saw a silhouette hovering over her desk.

Alyssa couldn't believe it a first, she was thinking that either she's dreaming or hallucinating. Alyssa looked at her for a minute or so, puzzled.

"Bat nandito siya?...." she silently asked herself.

Dennise was navigating the clipboard from Alysss's vehicle assessment report. Her attention was busy flipping the papers and analyzing the figures that was written that she didn't even notice that Alyssa was intently looking a her in confusion.

Alyssa shifted her gaze from dennise when she felt a hard throb in her head.

Aly: Argh...(she massage her forehead while slowly sitting up straight) Den?...Wh--why are you here?? 

Dennise immediately stopped scanning the report and shifted her attention to Alyssa. 

Justin: Wow ha! Si Dennise lang na kita mo. 

Alyssa then shifted her eyes to where Justin voice was. He was just standing behind dennise with his hands on his waist. 

Justin: Grabe ka ly! Hindi mo man lang ako niyaya uminom! Hmp! Nakakatampo ka ha! (Pabiro na sabi niya)

Aly: Ar--gh..te--teka nga bakit kayo nandito?? 

As alyssa brush her hair up and sank her head on her hands as the throbbing in her head was still a bit consistent.  

Dennise got worried knowing why alyssa is in her current state.  She grab a cup on the desk and gave it alyssa.

Alyssa at a slow pace lifted up her head as she inhaled a very roasty and soothing aroma that she feels like it would really help the throbbing of her head. She got a bit startled seeing that Dennise was handing her a cup of coffee.

Den: I think you need this..

Aly: Uhm, thanks...

Justin: Ehem! So siya lang ang may kape? 

Dennise looked at her brother with dagger eyes.

Den: You know you can pour your own coffee right? the coffee pot is right there. 

Justin held both his hands up, amused of her little sister attitude.

Justin: Ok ok! Grabe ka sa akin Den ha! Kay alyssa all caring ka---Aray!

Bigla naman binato ni Dennise ang clipboard sa kapatid niya inis sa pang asar sa kanya. 

Den: Shut up Jus!!! (inis na sabi niya) 

Alyssa quickly spoke as she as well was not in a mood to deal with the Lazaro's siblings right now. Ma sakit ang ulo niya at higit sa lahat ma sakit yung puso niya. 

And for God's sake! It's a SUNDAY! AND THE GARAGE IS CLOSED. IN SHORT DAY OFF NIYA.

Aly: Can you both just shuussshhh. Why are you here? 

Justin walk back to where alyssa and dennise is having finished pouring himself a cup of coffee.  As he returned, he took a sip from his cup and spoke.

Justin: Well, you gave denden here the usb and told me to visit you. (he took another sip from his cup)

Alyssa brushed up her hair again with one hand and took a deep breath processing what Justin said. 

Aly: Yes Jus, I gave the usb to dennise, and I told her for you to visit me, but I don't mean to visit me today! Gahd Jus! It's a Sunday! The garage is closed (inis na sabi nito)

Justin: Chill ly! Hahaha, wow this is the first time I ever saw you so pissed. Ganito ka pala if bagong gising or may hangover! HAHAHAHA!

Alyssa shook her head in disbelief.

Justin: I have to come by, I check the files last night and I couldn't tone down my excitement. I need to check out my car. (he said excitedly) 

Alyssa sighed in defeat, looks like no day off for her today. 

Aly: Fine...Just give me at least 15 minutes...

She slump back on her chair, turned it around so that they can get the message that her 15 minutes starts now.  Once alyssa is not facing them anymore she rested her head back and closed her eyes. 

Justin: You're the best Ly! ok, sure! Uhm, I'll just take this call.

Justin immediately left dennise and alyssa in the room.

Silence engulf the room in an instant. 

Dennise took a deep breath as she needs to talk some sense to alyssa.  

Dennise grab the swivel chair and turned it around so that alyssa can face her.

Agad naman na gulat si alyssa sa ginawa ni dennise and most especially how close she is to her face.

Aly: Wha--what are you--

Dennise quickly cut off alyssa's words.

Den: Look ly! I know you're going through something but I need you to do your job right. (She said in a serious tone)

Alyssa was a bit taken back, this was the first time she saw this side of dennise. 

"So this why" Alyssa said it to herself while smirking.

Den: Why are you smiling? (takang tanong nito)

Aly: So this why they call you the Iron Eagle. This is the side I never got to see. I always thought you were always a goodie good.

Dennise was taken back.

Den: Whu--what a goodie good?? (she said while crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow to alyssa)

Dennise shook her head and regain her composure. 

Den: Look! Drinking will not solve any of your problems! 

Aly: But it helps..

Dennise signals alyssa to shut it.

Den: Just shut up for a minute. When you drink you lose focus, and I need you to focus, my brother will be behind the wheel! I care nothing less for his safety. I know your heart broken, and it's my fault! but please  Aly---

Alyssa stood up from the chair and looked at dennise straight in the eyes. Without a flicker of hesitation on her voice. 

Aly: I'm good at doing by job Dennise. So you don't have to worry. 

Aly walk up to her desk and gather some papers. While fixing her documents she kept talking.

Aly: You know, I like this side of you more. It's honest. Not all the time you need to be kind Dennise. 

Den just rolled her eyes. She's aware of her actions, she very well knows that she acts differently in public and acts differently when she's around to the persons close to her. 

Den: Den. (she said plainly)

Humarap naman si alyssa kay dennise. Eyebrows creased and confusion written all over her face. 

Den: Call me Den, I like being called Den rather than Dennise. 

Alyssa smiled and forgot  for a second that she has an hangover.

Den: I'm putting my trust in you Alyssa. 

Aly: Even though you my broke heart, you can trust me Den...and I believe this is a start of a great friendship. 

Despite being heart broken, she couldn't deny the fact that she still wants to be close to Dennise. Maybe not like a lover in respect to den's decision but it doesn't hurt to be friends with her.  

Dennise looked at Alyssa and gave her a sweet smile. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

258K 9.9K 62
My collection of JENLISA one shot stories. May contain some stories written in Filipino.
1.7K 62 24
One school. Two groups. Eight students. With different personalities. Attitudes. And hidden feelings. But got to live in ONE HOUSE. This is BINI fanf...
183K 12.2K 56
| COMPLETED | METRO MANILA, PHILIPPINES YEAR 2051 Kaya mo bang lumaban para mabuhay? O magiging duwag ka hanggang sa mamatay? Kaya mo bang makatakas...
9.1K 284 18
AshMatt fanfic