|Concrete and Gold||dave groh...

Galing kay aurorajgrace

Growing up, all Dave Grohl meant to Eliza was the boy next door. After being uprooted from her life in Michig... Higit pa

Chapter One•Learn To Fly
Chapter Two•Run
Chapter Three•Shame Shame
Chapter Four•I'll Stick Around
Chapter Five•Show Me How
Chapter Six•Something From Nothing
Chapter Seven•Halo
Chapter Eight•Big Me
Chapter Nine•This Is A Call
Chapter Ten•Summer's End
Chapter Eleven•Over and Out
Chapter Twelve•Enough Space
Chapter Thirteen•Come Back
Chapter Fourteen•Waiting on a War
Chapter Fifteen•I Should Have Known
Chapter Sixteen•Let It Die
Chapter Seventeen•Good Grief
Chapter Eighteen•How I Miss You
Chapter Nineteen•Walking After You
Chapter Twenty•Another Round
Chapter Twenty One•Making A Fire
Chapter Twenty Two•On The Mend
Chapter Twenty Three•Disenchanted Lullaby
Chapter Twenty Five•Exhausted
Chapter Twenty Six•Rest
Chapter Twenty Seven•Night Fever
Chapter Twenty Eight•Rescued
Chapter Twenty Nine•A Matter Of Time
Chapter Thirty•Walking A Line
Chapter Thirty One•Friend of a Friend
Chapter Thirty Two•Shadow Dancing
Chapter Thirty Three•My Poor Brain

Chapter Twenty Four•Overdrive

244 4 4
Galing kay aurorajgrace

Eliza's phone rang, and she sprung up to answer it. Only Dave would be calling at this hour.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?" He asked as soon as she answered the phone.

"I'm doing good. I miss you though."

Dave was still on tour, and it had been weeks since she saw him in Chicago. They only had a few more tour dates before it was over, and then they were slated to begin recording the new album. It was early March, and they would be recording in May. Eliza was finishing up her junior year of college, and was expecting to graduate in about a year. Once she was done with her studies, she planned on becoming an elementary school teacher. She knew that she'd be able to spend her summer with Dave while he was recording, so that was something to look forward to. But for now, their conversations were reduced to brief phone calls.

During this particular phone call, Dave recapped the latest week of tour, explaining who he partied with and his latest feuds with Courtney.

"I just don't get how you two are friends." Dave said, sounding quite confused.

"I don't know if I would call us friends. We just, got along. That's all."

Dave sighed into the phone. "We'll sweetheart, I've got to go. Call you tomorrow?"

"Sounds good."

"Eliza, I love you."

"I love you too, Dave."

She waited until she heard the click on the other line to hang the phone back up on the wall, trying to savor every moment together that they could.

"Only a few more weeks." She thought to herself.

And, soon enough, the time came. Dave's tour was over and Eliza was on summer break. The band had moved back to Seattle so that they could begin recording, and Eliza was slated to move in with Dave.

She arrived on Nirvana's private jet that she had originally objected to, but quickly changed her mind when she discovered the private chef on board.

"Oh, what you can get with some money and fame."

She touched down in Seattle and was driven to the studio that Nirvana was recording in by the infamous limo and its driver. This was no shock, as Dave had already disclosed that he was in a meeting and she would have to come over by herself.

Once she arrived, Eliza thanked the limo driver, who was going to the hotel to unload her luggage. She stepped into the studio and sat in the waiting room, awaiting Dave to come out of his meeting.  After about ten minutes, the door swung open and Dave came running out, eager to meet Eliza.

He swept her up in his arms and kissed her, so happy to finally be in her presence again.

"How did the meeting go?" Eliza asked once they had finally settled down.

"Well, it was fine. We eventually got what we wanted. Kurt isn't happy, though."

"Why, what happened?"

"Well, his vision doesn't match the labels'. They want another Nevermind, and Kurt wants to try something new."

"You should do what you want."

"We know. We're gonna work through it. We're gonna play some songs for them in a few though. Wanna come listen?"

"Absolutely."

Eliza followed Dave down a series of halls until he reached a big wooden door, which he flung open. The room seemed to be a recording room, with the band's gear already set up. In a room in front of where the band would be playing was a giant sound board with what seemed like hundreds of buttons and levers.

Eliza was reminded of the album she recorded with Scream, and how she worked for hours every single day to just get it to perfection. This studio was a million times better than the dingy old room and board they had used. This served as yet another reminder as to how far Dave had come in the music world.

Eliza took a seat in a swivel chair that Dave pulled over for her. He placed it in front of the soundboard but still in the room with the band.

Kurt and Krist wandered in and took their places in the band set up. Dave settled in behind the kit.

"Wanna do Heart Shaped Box?" Kurt asked into the mic, looking around to read the expressions of those in the room.

"Sounds good to me." The voice of a man rang out through the studio, and Eliza realized that he was speaking into a mic in the room with the soundboard.

Once everyone was ready, Dave counted into the song, and then Kurt played the intro on guitar.

Eliza sat and watched as the band played a song she had never heard before, but instantly liked it. It sounded just like Nirvana, but it had a darker edge to it.

They finished, and the three members of the band looked immediately at the men near the booth.

The men, who had shocked expressions, turned to look at them.

"It's perfect. It's Nirvana. You guys have the go ahead to start recording tomorrow." The man with the mic said.

Everyone sighed with relief, and Dave even laughed. Kurt threw off his guitar and immediately exited the room. Dave eyed him as he left, the look of disapprovement grew across his face.

Dave and Krist eventually left, and Dave led Eliza out to the limo. Kurt was already sitting in it, his arms crossed and eyes closed. It was clear that he wanted to be left alone, so everyone was silent during the ride. The limo drove them to a hotel, and Dave took Eliza's hand and led her out.

"Why aren't the guys coming with?" Eliza asked as Dave led her through the lobby up to the room.

"Well, Kurt and Courtney have a house. Krist and his wife Shelley have a house. So it's just us." He bent down and kissed her while they were still in the elevator. "This is good though, right?

"Of course." Eliza assured him.

Dave led her to the room, and when he opened the door, Eliza was shocked. It was big enough to be the floor of a house. There was a giant ceiling to floor window, a full kitchen, and the living room was separated from the bedroom.

"It's where the label decided to house me." Dave shrugged. "Pretty neat, isn't it?"

"So cool. I can't believe I'll be living here for the next two months."

"I can't believe that you'll be living with me for the next few months." Dave scooped her up by her legs and threw her down on the bed in a playful manner.

He laid down next to her, taking her into his arms.

"Is everything alright with Kurt?" Eliza asked, unaware of the topic she was about to dive into.

Dave sat straight up in the bed. "Did you think something was off about him?"

"Absolutely. He was quieter than usual, which is saying a lot. He seemed really mad at something."

"Nobody believes me. Not Krist, not Courtney, nobody. But there's something off about him."

"I saw it as soon as I walked in. Do you know of anything that would be bothering him?"

"Not that I can think of."

"Does he use?" Eliza asked, trying to ask as sensitivity as possible. She knew that the topic might make Dave uncomfortable, but she was curious.

"He always denies it." Dave said, somberly. "I've never seen it. But I don't know, you might be right."

Dave's eyes began to water. Eliza hugged him tight, and he began to cry.

"Eliza, I'm so worried about him. Whenever I ask, he always smiles and says that everything's ok. But I don't believe him."

Eliza held him until he fell asleep, and she eventually followed suit.

They woke up the next morning to Dave's alarm, which he had thankfully set before they fell asleep.

"We're going to the studio today. Want to come?" Dave asked, planting a kiss on her forehead

"Of course."

They got ready and headed over to the studio. They were the first ones there, so Dave went to set up his drums just the way he'd like and Eliza took a seat on a chair near him. After about twenty minutes, the door swung open. It was Courtney, and both Eliza and Dave's jaws unhinged and hit the floor when they saw her.

Courtney looked to be about five months pregnant.

"Did nobody tell you?" She said, puzzled.

Dave just shook his head.

"Yes, it's Kurt's, if you were wondering."

"Courtney, that's amazing!" Eliza ran over to her and gave her a hug.

Kurt sauntered into the room, and every eye turned on him.

"You didn't tell them I was pregnant?"

Kurt shrugged. "Guess not. Hey guys? Courtney's pregnant."

Dave laughed and clapped Kurt on the back."Congratulations buddy."

Once Krist arrived, they began to rehearse a few songs. Eliza recognized the one they played from yesterday, but there were a few others that she didn't.

They played about three songs, and then the same man with the mic from yesterday came into the room.

"Great job guys. Heart Shaped Box seems like the best place to start. It's the most complete."

The man turned to Eliza. "I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Steve. I'm recording the album. And you?"

"Eliza. Dave's girlfriend." He stuck out his hand for her to shake, and she accepted.

He smiled and then walked away. "Well then, let's get right to it. Dave, let's start with you."

Courtney approached Eliza. "This is the boring part. Wanna get something to eat?"

Eliza accepted Courtney's offer and followed her to the lobby of the studio. There, behind the desk, was a refrigerator. Courtney walked behind like it was her own and grabbed a sandwich.

"Want one?" She asked.

"Ummm, are those ours?" Eliza asked, hesitantly.

"Sweetheart, everything here is ours. We're with Nirvana." Eliza still didn't look satisfied, and Courtney rolled her eyes. "They're for us for lunch."

Eliza sighed as stuck out her hand, signaling that she wanted one. Courtney plopped one in her hand, and then led Eliza to what seemed to be a break room.

They sat down to eat their lunch, and Eliza couldn't help but inquire about Courtney and the baby.

"Do you know the gender?"

"It's a girl."

Eliza squealed and hugged her from across the table.

"Do you have any names picked out?"

"We're thinking of Francis."

"Courtney, that's beautiful. I'm so happy for you!"

"Well I'm glad someone is."

"What do you mean?" Eliza asked, confused.

"Nobody thinks that I can do this. Nobody. Not my parents, not the people in my band, nobody. They all laughed and told me to get rid of it."

"Do you want the baby?"

"I've been wanting a family with Kurt for a while now. I think I'm ready."

"Then Courtney, you keep it." Eliza took Courtney's hand into hers. "This is the best opportunity to prove them wrong."

"It is, isn't it." Courtney smiled.

"Yes it is. If you ever need help, I'm just a phone call away. You know that, right?"

She laughed. "Thank you. I mean it."

Eliza was happy with the way that things had worked out between her and Courtney. Sure, her and Dave had their differences, but that was no reason that the two of them couldn't be friends.

The next few months were quite uneventful, as Dave spent his days recording and Eliza spent hers hanging around the studio with Courtney. Once the album had finished recording, Eliza went back to school and Dave hit the road. The album dropped in September, prompting the band to go on an extensive tour. Since it was Eliza's final year at school, it proved to be extremely difficult for her to join the band on tour really at all. She visited once or twice, but only for short weekends. Courtney had her baby, and named it Francis. Eliza hadn't had the chance to fly out and see her yet, but as soon as the opportunity came, she would go. Courtney had mailed Eliza pictures of the baby, and her stark blue eyes were a permanent reminder that she was in fact Kurt Cobain's child. However, Dave became increasingly worried about Kurt, telling Eliza of all the red flags that he was throwing up. She encouraged Dave to stay strong and talk to Kurt if he had any worries. Their relationship was becoming distant, but with the two of the occupied, Eliza could really tell no difference.

One cold March morning, Eliza turned on the TV as she was getting ready for class as she had about every morning before then. It was already set on the news, a result of Abby watching the TV the night before. The headline and video that was flashing across the screen made Eliza's heart fall into her stomach immediately.

"Kurt Cobain in coma after drug overdose." The headline read, paired with a visual of Kurt being wheeled into the hospital.

The phone rang, and Eliza rushed over to answer, already knowing who was waiting on the other line.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 45.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
469K 16.9K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
159K 7.4K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...