Love Arrows

By Internationald4

When I tell you that Cupid's exist you probably imagine little babies with wings that shoot arrows at people... More

Sand Monsters
Carelly High
Matchmakers explained
Closed Heart
The Love Guru's Theory
Locker stalker
Like Fire and Ice
Aliens in Antartica
Date Haze
Chocolate Therapy
Sour Gummy Worms
Victim N°1
First Strike
Banana Sushi
Sleep Deprived Heartbreaker Contemplations
If Today Was Your Last Day
The Plot Thickens
Lena's Voice
Going Crazy
Make A Wish
The Ice Breaks
Sleepless Nights
Another Species
Meet Kim
Quadruple Date
Easter Bunny
Failed Revenge
Women or Men?
Drowning in Your Love
Broken Arrow
Love Kills
Giving up
Being Numb or Feeling Pain?
A new level of bipolarity
Saving the Lost
Emotional Overload
You'll be the princess and I'll be the prince
Back Again
A Cupid Ending

Frankenstein's Bride

29.7K 468 39
By Internationald4

Chapter 10: Frankenstein's Bride

Will’s P.O.V

            I let out a loud yawn as I came into the kitchen. My dad was there reading his paper with a cup of coffee. He looked up at me, and almost fell of his chair of surprise.

“I could have sworn we were Saturday today.” He muttered after regaining his balance.

“You thought right.” I said in between two yawns.

“Then… why are you awake? It’s only 7.30 a.m.”

“Yeah, and?” I asked shrugging my shoulders.

“You never wake up before 12 on weekends. It’s… It’s like a law!”

I chuckled at his astonished look.

“I guess Tampa has a good effect on me.”

My dad’s mouth was still slightly open and he was frowning. It looked like he was trying to figure out what kind of joke I was playing on him.

“I’m meeting someone at the beach today, and she told me to be there at 8 a.m, so I woke up early. It’s not the end of the world.”

My dad closed his mouth and his frown turned into a smile.

“Ooh a girl, huh? So what is she like?”

“Dad, you know I can’t have feelings for a girl. I’m a cupid, remember?”

“Rules were meant to be broken son! And I never understood that stupid rule anyways. You’re supposed to spread the love, and what better way to do that then to fall in love yourself?”

My dad and I had had this conversation several times. He had found the love of his life in my mom, and he couldn’t understand why I wasn’t angry at the elders for not letting us cupids have the same thing they had. We fought about it a lot, but nobody ever won. He just couldn’t understand the honor it was to be chosen to be a cupid.

I decided to change the subject before another one of our arguments broke out.

“I’m going to see one of the girls that I’ve been trying to set up.”

“Ok,” My father murmured. “Do you want me to take you there? I’m going there anyways.”

I nodded gratefully, happy that he had let the subject drop. We both walked over to his car after I stole some bread from the cupboard. The only thing I could hear while we were driving was the engine of the car, and me munching.

Me being a cupid was a sore spot for my parents especially my dad. He tries to joke about it, but whenever these arguments happen I realize how much he resents it. The only reason mom and him where together in the first place was thanks to our work! And then he goes and insults the Elders.

My dad cleared his throat, which brought me out of my internal conversation.

“So… What’s this girls name?” He asked tentavily.

“Lena.”

“And what technique are you using to make her fall in love?”

“The usual. Just showing her the right direction to go.”

He nodded and said:

“Ok then. Well here we are. I’ll just drop you off here and call me if you need a ride back home. Good luck!” I got out and he drove away.

I turned towards the Ocean. It was rougher then I had seen the days before, and there was some wind blowing, which made the sand dance slightly. There weren’t many people outside today, which was surprising for Tampa.

I started walking towards the place on the beach where I had seen Lena the first time, since I knew that would be where she was waiting for me. When I arrived, I saw a figure lying on the sand. It was Lena, with her eyes closed. I started creeping up on her hoping I would be able to care her. Just as I got close enough to jump at her, she opened one eye and said very menacingly:

“Don’t you dare.” And then closed her eye again.

I sighed in defeat and plopped down in the sand next to her.

“You’re no fun.” I said with a whiny voice.

“You’ll live.” She replied cheerfully.

“So… how did it go?” I asked curiously.

“Well the plan worked for sure, because I got a message from Nicky yesterday night that Lance asked her out on another date for just the two of them.”

“Really? That’s awesome! High-five!” Lena lifted her arm and waited for me to slap my palm against hers.

“So that’s one positive thing,” I said continuing, “but how about you? Anything interesting happen between Christopher and you?”

“You sound like an old grandma that has nothing better to do then gossip all the time.” Lena said tauntingly.

“Don’t try to distract me!”

“Me? Try to distract you? Never!” She said sarcastically.

“Lena. You’re not getting out of this, so tell me.” I growled.

“Okay… Okay! Keep your panties on! I guess it was okay. Chris is a nice guy but I was kinda bored around him.”

“You call him Chris?”

“Is that the only thing you just understood from what I said?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Pretty much.” I answered.

“Remind me to buy you a new set of ears for your birthday.” She muttered.

“Sorry? What was that? I can’t hear you!” I said feigning deafness.

Lena laughed and hit me playfully on the arm.

“Ow!” I groaned as she slapped me.

“That hurt you? Wow, you should really work out more!”

“Yeah, you’ve told me that before.”

“I’m just looking out for you.”

“Yeah, so you can kill me in my sleep yourself.”

“Of course! Especially after you set me up on that date!”

“It couldn’t have been that bad.” I protested.

“No, but I was bored, which means that it was a sucky date. You should work more on your matchmaking skills.”

I would be lying if I said that that didn’t hurt. I had always prided myself in knowing who belongs with who, and that is why this was such a failure to me.

Lena noticed that she had struck a nerve so she tried to make it up to me by saying:

“But Lance and Nicky are perfect for each other. Good call!”

It did make me feel slightly better, so instead of depressing I looked into Lena’s eyes and said:

-“I promise you that I will find the perfect man for you Lena.”

Lena blinked in surprise and she gaped at me.

“Eh… that’s not necessary.”

“But I insist!”

Lena raised her eyes to the sky as if she were asking someone why me? I chuckled at her horrified expression. It looked like I had just told her I would find Frankenstein so that they could get married.

She sighed in defeat and turned to me.

“Three dates,” She said. “I’m going to let you pick out three guys I should date, and if none of them work out, you let me be alone.”

“That’s not fair!” I protested. “You’re just going to say you hate the guy, so that I would leave you alone.”

“No, I won’t.“ she answers. “ Pinky promise.”

We awkwardly twisted our pinkies around each other.

“Three dates. “ I repeated. “You’ll have to fall in love with one of them!”

Lena buried her face in her hands.

“What  have I gotten myself into?” I heard her mutter to herself.

****

Wow with the proper motivation, you guys can vote 10 times in less then 24 hours! Whoop! Whoop! I'm proud of you all, and that is also why I would like to raise the stakes? How about we bring the vote count up to 30! I know you can all do it, so just click that button!

I would also like to thank tootsi, Angelcas and littlemissy for voting! I really love your comments! 

I would also like to see your ideas!

So who do you think is the heartbreaker?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 16 45
{Completed} ==================================== "I'm scared Will." She whispered while looking up at the stars. "Of what?" I asked and turned to loo...
656K 13.3K 30
"We're in your dorms Calum!" I exclaimed as he lifted me up onto his low dresser and started kissing down my neck. "What about your roommate?" I aske...
3.5M 97.2K 41
There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran into it; literally. He liked to hide in...
133K 3.7K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...