Away ⥃ Nishimura Riki

By nowonelf

Kim Seulhyun was a maidservant working in the Southern Kingdom who dedicated her whole life to the kingdom. O... More

Away
.Prolouge.
.One.
.Two.
.Three.
.Four.
.Five.
.Six.
.Seven.
.Eight.
.Nine.
.Ten.
.Eleven.
.Twelve.
.Thirteen.
.Fourteen.
.Fifteen.
.Sixteen.
.Seventeen.
.Eighteen.
.Nineteen.
.Twenty.
.Twenty-One.
.Twenty-Two.
.Twenty-Three.
.Twenty-Four.
.Twenty-Five.
.Twenty-Six.
.Twenty-Seven.
.Twenty-Eight.
.Twenty-Nine.
.Thirty.
.Thirty-One.
.Thirty-Two.
.Thirty-Three.
.Thirty-Four.
.Thirty-Five.
.Thirty-Six.
.Thirty-Seven.
.Thirty-Nine.
.Forty.
.Forty-One.
.Forty-Two.
.Forty-Three.
.Forty-Four.
.Forty-Five.
.Forty-Six.
.Forty-Seven.
.Forty-Eight.
.Forty-Nine.
.Fifty.
.Fifty-One.
.Fifty-Two.
.Fifty-Three.
.Fifty-Four.
.Fifty-Five.
.Fifty-Six.
.Fifty-Seven.
.Fifty-Eight.

.Thirty-Eight.

593 41 13
By nowonelf

STEPPING OUT of his tent, a familiar brunette caught his attention. The previous images of the lifeless girl vanished as his eyes fixated on Seulhyun. She was moving hastily as she seemed to be calling for Jungwon.

A fond smile etched on Niki's face. He noticed how his problems always simply clears off of his mind whenever he is with Seulhyun. Is that why he enjoys her company so much? Whenever he is near her, time seems to pass by so quickly, which leads him to find every opportunity to be with her—even when it means getting into trouble.

Then, he remembered Enya again. Will he get Seulhyun into trouble too..? His forehead creased. No, that can't happen. He won't let it happen. "Not on my watch." He clenched his hands into fists.

Marching his way to Seulhyun, he overhead their conversation from his position. They were stood in a restricted place, but since he was a prince himself, he had access to almost everything.

He heard Jungwon speaking, "Are you certain this is the right antidote for King Aspian? Because if anything happens, war might really happen."
"I am certain, Your Highness."

Silence emitted the conversation for a while before Haeyul broke it, "I think it is better for us to trust Seulhyun," She said, "She knows of this more than us."

Silence struck again.

"Fine. I will hold a meeting with all of my brothers and then we'll coordinate a plan together." Jungwon concluded.

In that moment, Niki heard enough to understand the whole situation. If he isn't wrong..then King Aspian must be spelled and Seulhyun had took notice of it, resulting for her to make an antidote under the agreement from Jungwon. So, yesterday she was bothered by this matter.

And stupidly enough, he had taken more of her time by take a fly with her. Looking at the dark circles under her eyes, she must be exhausted.

"Thank you, Your Highness." Seulhyun bowed down to her knees and Niki entered the scene, taking everyone off guard. "Niki?"

Niki raised his hand, stopping Seulhyun from uttering anything. "I heard everything, so don't bother keeping it away from me." He directly told.

Jungwon looked at him, stunned. He nodded and took Haeyul's hand, leading her away from Seulhyun and Niki. The blonde-haired prince peered at the brunette standing close to him, raising his brow at her. Seulhyun laughed meekly, scratching her neck, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"I was planning to tell you but-"
Niki chuckled, putting his hand on top of her head and ruffled her hair. "Why are apologizing? I'm not upset." He clarified, finding her cute. "You probably didn't want to tell me because you didn't want to create any rumors."

"Yes, but no- that just sounds like I don't have trust for you." Seulhyun rebutted. Niki's eyes flickered once he heard her sentence. So, does that mean she trusts him? "I just didn't want to burden you with my problems, so I decided to wait until I successfully finished my task first."

"And yes, that did happen, but I didn't expect you to find out this way." Seulhyun groaned, stressing over her own words as she blabbered away. However, Niki was paying attention as he was focused on the fact that she trusts him. It delighted him in a way he never had been.

"You trust me?" Niki whispered as if it was a sinful question. Seulhyun looked at him weirdly.
"Of course, I do. I have let you accompany at insane hours, and so far, I have never seen you tattletale on my 'adventurous' trips." She alluded to the risky escapes she had done, which could have severely injured them.

Niki's smile reached his eyes as he felt as if he was floating in happiness. Why was he so happy just by hearing her spew out words to him?

Focusing on Niki, Seulhyun saw him smiling brightly, and she noticed how his smile looked similar to a square shape. Almost like a box. She began to smile as well, though she didn't know the sole reason, his smile was infectious.

"How about this," Niki said, gaining the brunette's attention. "Next time, we promise to be more open to each other—no secrets, no lies to cover up our problems."

Seulhyun tilted her head, liking the sound of his idea. She has always wanted for him to open up to her, but of course it had to be two-sided, which means she has to rant about her problems to him too. "And we swear to never spill our problems or secrets to anyone." Niki continued.

"How does that sound like?"
"It sounds great." Seulhyun agreed, giving him a 'thumbs up' at least that's what Haeyul calls it. "How should we make the promise?"

"In traditional vampire rituals, when we make a vow, we'll cut our arm and squeeze a drop of blood to a plant. If the promise gets broken, then the plant will be destroyed." Niki said. Both Jungwon and Haeyul had done that ritual for their marriage, and their tree is still growing in their garden.

Seulhyun glanced at him, trying to read his trail of thoughts. "Should we just make the pinky promise ritual?" Seulhyun suggested, "We can ask Haeyul for the steps."
Niki hummed, "Sure. I'll go call her."

Without moving his body, Haeyul had come over to their spot, waving her hands to greet them. Seulhyun recalled seeing Haeyul call Jungwon without having to verbally calling him as well back when she was stuck in the quicksand. Is it an ability all royalties carry or is it privileged for the main royalty only?

"Hi, you need my help?" Haeyul inquired as she snaked her arms around Seulhyun's arm, latching onto her fellow friend.
"Yes, can you teach us the pinky promise ritual?"
Haeyul snorted, "Pinky promise ritual...?"

Niki responded, "Yeah. I saw you doing it with Jungwon once, and when I asked him what it was, he said it was some sort of ritual."

The queen tittered at his explanation but complied, nevertheless. "Well, you first take your right hand and clench it into a fist. Then, you point out your little finger, and speak your vows. After that, you intertwine it with the other person's little finger while saying 'I promise.' with your whole heart."

Haeyul watched Niki and Seulhyun do her steps very slowly as if it was a very crucial moment. And it sure was..for them.

The pair spoke earnestly as they maintained eye contact with each other, "We solemnly promise to open up more to each other and may no secrets pull us apart." And their fingers interlocked.

Haeyul fought back the urge to laugh as a smile molded on her lips. It was extremely adorable yet funny seeing them do it so seriously. Back in her time, pinky promise was simply thrown into a conversation between kids and even if adults do it, they will take it lightly.

After they finish the ritual, they shared a soft grin with each other. This will be a steppingstone for their friendship. It means they won't only laugh together, but they'll also go through the darkest nights together.

That was what is going through their mind.

.•.•.

Everyone entered the tent and their faces clouded with confusion, glancing at their younger brother's pensive face. What is going on?

"Take a seat." Haeyul told, smiling at them. Niki was the first to seat, followed by Seulhyun and the others. The four of them were the only ones who didn't look confused by the sudden meeting held in the middle of the day.

Seulhyun brightened when she saw Sunoo sitting across her. She hasn't seen him ever since the arrival at Ryu Village, but he looked jovial. Maybe it was because of the beauteous scenery he has been seeing.

Jungwon cleared his throat and commenced the meeting. He first explained about the discovery Seulhyun had found out about King Aspian, then moved on to the antidote. It was safe to say everyone was dumbfounded upon hearing the news.

"So, we will have to arrange a plan. I suggest we do it once the sun is down. Usually, the Ollyn knights have fallen asleep by that time." Jungwon proposed. He took a good look at his brothers and continued, "Me along with Sunghoon will be on watch of the surrounding, and Jake and Niki will make sure King Aspian doesn't make any advances to anyone. Lastly, Sunoo will go with Seulhyun."

Jungwon faced Sunoo, "You will make sure she doesn't get hurt."
"Got it."

Jungwon eased after he finished talking, being reminded by Haeyul's warning earlier today. She had warned him—almost threatening him—to ensure Seulhyun's safety or else she will start riot. Even though many might say Haeyul isn't that frightening, Jungwon got the chills when he saw the deathly stare from her.

Then, Jake put out a question, "If we succeed, what is our goal? We can't just simply go along a plan without having an object for the future."

Seulhyun felt Jungwon's eyes shifted towards her, and she gathered her courage to answer. "We will interrogate the king and find unmask who had put a spell on him."

Niki covered his face as he smiled at the brunette. He was proud of her for being brave enough to reveal her worries to Jungwon despite having to face multiple challenges like this meeting.

"For additional information, you could ask me later." Jungwon said, ending the meeting as he understood the wariness everyone was experiencing from the journey. Everyone bowed to both Jungwon and Haeyul before hastily walking out of the tent.

Niki trailed behind Seulhyun and tapped her shoulder. The brunette spun around to see the vampire who had touched her, "You did well." Niki assured; sincerity laced his voice as his eyes held a flame that warmth her heart.

She offered back the smile. "Thank you."

Both of them weirdly felt giddy with the mindless interaction, yet they ignored it, hoping it was nothing but care.

But deep down, Seulhyun had known it was more than that. Her feelings for him was growing rapidly and honestly, it worried her.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!
Have a great day/night everyone 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4.1K 34
❝ sunghoon, please be here in the morning ... i don't like waking up alone. ❞ ❝ i'll be here. ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ───── ˎˊ˗ 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗶 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗮 is born...
48.1K 2.1K 15
She is originally a young woman joining the ranks of the knights in order to prove herself to her mother and her lover's kingdom. Her life was almost...
87K 4.3K 32
❝ 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 . . . ❞ ❏ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘢 ❏ ──── just an alternate universe // a y...
5.4K 515 12
Duke Jungwon did not expect to fall in love with Saito Mai, a mere slave. He showed great leadership right from the very start, yet he showed no inte...