Mystique || Louis Tomlinson

By LiveLoveDance913

Mystique - a fascinating aura of mystery, awe, and power surrounding someone or something My name is Ariana S... More

Chapter 1 - Age 5
Chapter 2 - Age 8-10
Chapter 3 - Age 13
Chapter 4 - Record Deal
Chapter 5 - Age 17
Chapter 6 - Age 20
Chapter 7 - Chasing Cars
Chapter 8 - Domestic Chaos
Chapter 9 - A Blast From the Past
Chapter 10 - The Hunt (Part 1)
Chapter 10 - The Hunt (Part 2)
Chapter 12 - Blackmail
Author's Note
Chapter 13 - Conquering Fears
Chapter 14 - People Watching
Chapter 15 - Adventures in Europe
Chapter 16 - There's No Place Like Home

Chapter 11 - The Grammys

62 4 0
By LiveLoveDance913

I'm back!!! I'm finally on summer break, so I will hopefully be able to write and update more often. I just reached 1K on this story! All of you guys who read this made that possible. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's getting close to an explosion of drama...

Another week has passed as slow as possible. I have been looking forward to today for a very long time, but suddenly I wish it were further away. Today is the Grammys, and I am currently freaking out in my limo. In just under five minutes I will be stepping onto the red carpet. I should be used to this after 7 years of being in the business, but I don't think I ever will be accustomed to this kind of high-pressure attention. To make my nerves even worse, I am also performing tonight as well.

Realizing I would be pulling up momentarily, I quickly smoothed out my long, tight, black dress that puffed out at the bottom. Then I made sure there was no way my mask could fall off. All too soon my chauffeur was opening the door, and I had no choice but to step into the flashing lights of the cameras. On all sides there were photographers snapping photos. Slightly farther away I could see all the music fans that were trapped behind the fence with the security guards. I waved in their direction before turning and making my way further down the red carpet.

I had only walked a few yards when a reporter stopped me. I greeted her, and let her ask me all of the questions she had. They were the typical ones like "who are wearing" and "are you excited?" It was hard, but I managed to keep my sarcastic answers to myself. Instead I just added them in inside my head. For example, I'm not wearing anyone; my dress is made of fabric!

"What part of tonight are you looking forward to most?" The reporter asked me.

"That's a hard one. There are so many things that I'm looking forward to. I would have to say just having fun with all of the people I don't get to see very often. The Grammys bring together the entire music community from all over the world." I told her while turning on my charm.

"Speaking of friends in the music community, rumor has it you are pretty close with not only Little Mix, but also the boys of One Direction. What can you tell us about that?"

"Well the first time I met Little Mix was because I was their choreographer. Ever since working with them, we have been really close. They're all just the sweetest girls. As for One Direction, I have been friends with Louis and Harry for a really long, and all five of them are super goofy, and know how to have a good time." I answered the question with care, making sure I didn't let anything slip that would cause an uproar in the tabloids.

"Good answer! We would have been really offended if you said anything bad about us." I heard someone say behind me. Before even turning around, I knew exactly who it was.

"Leigh-Ann!" I squealed.

"Hey girl! How are you?" She greeted.

"All's good. Where's Perrie?" I asked, noticing there were only three of them.

"She ditched us for Zayn." Jessy informed me, laughing slightly.

"Speaking of..." The reporter said from beside me. I turned my head to see five boys, a blonde girl, and my "favorite" brunette making their way down the red carpet towards us.

"Hey guys! What's up?!" Jade called over to them when they got closer to us.

"Other than the fact that it's the Grammys? Not much." Louis replied, with obvious excitement on his face. One Direction was up for a couple of awards as well.

I quickly finished up my interview and walked back over to my friends. As I rejoined the group, I caught the eye of Eleanor. She had been getting worse and worse this past week. I understand why she might feel a bit jealous, but I already tried to tell her that I have no intention of stealing her boyfriend. Even if I were to like Louis, I would never do something like that. At first I thought it was fine and after she hung around a bit she would realize everything is fine, but now her behavior is becoming vicious. I'm starting to question why she is dating Louis. He obviously has no clue about this side of her. Could she have different reasons as to why she's dating him, other than just liking him?

I decided that tonight was not the time to worry about such things. It's the Grammys for crying out loud! We proceeded down the red carpet, but we were quickly split up. More reporters were waiting to ask us questions, and over the next 5 minutes we were each dragged into a different interview. After a few more short interviews, I finally reached the end of the red carpet and entered the venue that this year's Grammys was being held at. As I entered I was quickly ushered to my seat, which just happened to be between Little Mix and One Direction and their girlfriends. I love how the board tries to seat you with your friends. It makes the night even more enjoyable.

In no time at all, the show began. This year's show was the best yet, and full of energy. It started off with the smaller awards, and then began to build its way up. It was now time for the album of the year award. "Your nominees for the album of the year are Ed Sheeran's 'X,' One Direction's 'Midnight Memories,' Katy Perry's 'Prism,' and Taylor Swift's '1989.' And the winner is... One Direction!" The boys jumped out of their seats, overjoyed. I gave them each a quick hug before they made their way up to the stage.

They gave a very nice speech thanking their family and friends, and of course their wonderful fans. Their fans are absolutely amazing. I think they have the second best fans in the world. The first being mine. That may just be because I love my fans so much that they seem like the number 1 even if they aren't though.

Not much after they had returned to their seats, a security guard informed me that I had to go backstage to get ready for my performance. They all wished me good luck before I was swept away to the dressing room. Inside I found my costume which consisted of a black leather pants, and a matching leather jacket. I also put on a white cape, and changed my mask to one that matched my costume. Lastly, I attached my microphone to my ear, and connected the rest of it to the back of my costume.

Before I knew it, someone knocked on my door, and told me my performance was next. I walked out of the dressing room, and was lead to side of the large stage. The last award before my performance was just wrapping up. 5 Seconds of Summer had just won "New Artist of the Year."

As they took their seats, the lights faded to black, and I could only see my backup dancers take their places because I was so close. The audience probably could not see a thing. With one last final breath, I walked out onto the large stage and took my place.

As the music began I threw off my cape, and started to not only sing, but also dance. What I love the most about being a dancer as well as a singer is that it allows me to put on more technical performances. [A/N: If you want to see the dance, it is in the sidebar]

Eleanor POV:

When they announced that the next performer was "Mystique," I excused myself to the bathroom. In reality, I was going to do something much more exciting. I found the entrance to the backstage hallways, and made up an excuse to the security guard, "Hi. I'm a best friend of Mystique, and want to surprise her in her dressing room to congratulate her. Could you maybe direct me there?"

The guard was very nice, and let me through, as well as told me where to go. The security is not very strict once you are inside the venue because it is so hard to get inside in the first place. I found the correct door, and quickly slipped inside.

As I looked around, I noticed Ariana's make-up on a table in front of a mirror as well as a few racks of costumes in the corner. I tried my best to get as far in the corner behind the costumes as possible. It was hard to see due to the abundance of fabric around me, but in just a few places I had a pretty clear view.

As I sat in there, I began to think through what I was doing. Was I sure I really wanted to do something so extreme like this? I'd like to think I am just keeping my options open for later. It's not like I was jealous of Ariana because I like Louis. If anything, it's that I am jealous that she doesn't need date someone like Louis to have so much money. I need her out of the picture because she could ruin everything that has taken me so long to solidify. If Louis realized how she genuinely cares for him as he does for her in more than a platonic way, then he might see through the façade I have put up.

Before I had any more time to think through my actions, the door opened and in walked the one and only Ariana Styles. She sat down at the vanity, and reached to take off her mask. At the perfect moment, I took a photo of her holding the mask with her face completely revealed. It was easy to tell it was the same person that had just been performing because she was still wearing the same outfit.

Within a few minutes, Ariana had changed and was out the door again. After waiting a few moments to make sure she wasn't coming back, I left as well. I returned to my seat next to Louis, and snuggled up close to him while meeting the eyes of Ariana and shooting her another of my glares.

Thanks again for reading my story. I love all you guys!!!! Both the dance she performs and Ariana's red carpet outfit are on the side. Did you enjoy the multiple point of views? Was it too confusing at all?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 370 21
Is it wrong? One direction are on a 4 week break until their tour 'WHERE WE ARE" starts to promote their new album 'Midnight Memories'... The boys o...
643K 9.4K 80
I am a normal girl. It would probably mean nothing to you if I told you my name was Christiana but if I told you my last name and who my brother was...
20.2K 293 16
Hi I'm Louise Styles, yeah sure my brother is the one and only Harry Styles from One Direction, blah, blah, blah. Heard of him? Thought so. You've he...
133K 3.1K 76
All Aria always wanted was to become a successful singer. Her dream came true but she never thought that at one interview, her life could change fore...