The Cat And The Snake

By Harriet_Potter8

Adrien is Chat Noir. Luka is Viperion. Marinette is Ladybug. Nino is Carapace. Alya is Rena Rouge. Chloe is Q... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Detectives (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 2 - Putting A Theory To The Test (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 3 - Saved By A Snake (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 4 - Sup Dude (Nino/Carapace)
A/N: Ergent, Must Read Before Chapter 5
Chapter 5 - Buzzing Busy Bee (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 7 - Little Lying Liar Lie-La (Narrator)
Chapter 8 - Oh It's A Bitch (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 9 - Love Drunk (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 11 - Confessions (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 12 - Encountered (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 13 - I Won't Say I'm In Love (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 6 - Sneaky Little Fox (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 14 - Cats In The Bag (Narrator)
Chapter 15 - The Fall Of Lila Rossi (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 16 - No Longer A Mistake (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 17 - Loving You Is Losing Game (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 18 - Finally Together (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 19 - His Ex (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 20 - Dusk Till Dawn (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 10 - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 21 - The Rise Of Another Hero (Narrator)
Chapter 22 - Unstoppable (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 23 - Just Another Awkward Situation (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 24 - Deja Vu Keeps Happening (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 25 - Forever & Always (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 26 - Winning The War (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 27 - Alibi (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 28 - It's All Over (Julela/Purple Tigress)
Chapter 29 - Salute (Narrator)
Chapter 30 - Even Cats Need Advice Too (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 31 - Three Magical Words (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 32 - A Million Dreams (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 33 - Immortals (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 34 - Perfect Two (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 35 - If We Have Eachother (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 36 - I've Got You Brother (Juleka/Purple Tigress)
Chapter 37 - House Of Memories (Narrator)
Chapter 38 - The Greatest (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 39 - We Are Unbreakable (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 40 - Shine Brighter Than Stars (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 41 - Pumped Up Kicks (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 42 - Alive (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 43 - Try Everything (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 44 - Who's Laughing Now? (Juleka/Purple Tigress)
Chapter 45 - Confetti (Narrator)
Chapter 46 - Dream It Possible (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 48 - Snow Only Falls In Winter (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 49 - Ready As I'll Ever Be (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 50 - Set Fire To The Rain (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 51 - Fight Or Flight (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 52 - A Sister Needs Her Brother (Juleka/Purple Tigress)
Chapter 53 - Stronger (Narrator)
Chapter 54 - Collide (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 55 - Closer (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 56 - Fearless (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 57 - Timber (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 58 - Applause (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 59 - On My Way (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 60 - Everything I Need (Juleka/Purple Tigress)
Chapter 61 - Safe And Sound (Narrator)
Chapter 62 - Symphony (Marinette/Ladybug)
Chapter 63 - Cloud Nine (Luka/Viperion)
Chapter 64 - Never Give Up (Adrien/Chat Noir)
Chapter 65 - Sand In My Boots (Nino/Carapace)
Chapter 66 - Burn (Chloe/Queen Bee)
Chapter 67 - The Book Of You & I (Alya/Rena Rouge)
Chapter 68 - Domino (Juleka/Purple Tigress)
Chapter 69 - The Use In Trying (Narrator)

Chapter 47 - How To Save A Life (Luka/Viperion)

52 2 0
By Harriet_Potter8

I arrived at the Hotel to take Adrien to School. Thirty kisses down, seventy to go. And once all one hundred are used he can finally walk himself places.

When I got inside I took the elevator to Adrien's floor. I found his room and knocked on it. When he didn't answer I assumed he was still sleeping.

"Adrien?" I opened the door and went inside. I didn't hear him snoring. In a panic I rushed over to his bed and yanked the blankets off.

Only to find him not there.

I ran out of the room and hurried next door to Chloe's room. I loudly banged on the door. It opened slowly. "Luka..?" Chloe was sleepy and in her pijamas.

"Adrien's gone!" That woke her up. "What?!" She shut the door and opened it again seconds later already dressed.

"He came home last night I don't understand!" She panicked as we checked Adrien's room once more from top to bottom.

"He was here last night! We said goodnight to eachother how could he not be here! What if something bad happened to him?! What if-" She cut herself off and her face paled.

"His Father."

My face got drained of its color too.

*_*-~

Chloe and I had no time, we needed to get to School and inform our friends about what happened to Adrien.

We were in luck because they were all together at the entrance. "Guys!" Chloe called out. She was running and out of breath by the time she reached them.

So I had to talk for her since I was not out of breath. "Chloe? What's wrong?" Marinette asked. She was breathing heavily and then looked at me as to ask me to tell them.

"It's Adrien..." I started, "I went to pick him up this morning and he was gone!" My vision became blurry. I was tearing up.

"He's gone?!" Juleka, Marinette, Alya and Nino all said in unison. Chloe and I nodded together. Then we shared a look, our suspicion about Mr. Agreste.

"We came to a conclusion that Adrien's Father might be involved..." Chloe was rested enough that she could say it.

I could see the concern in Juleka's eyes. She was worried. Not just about Adrien, but me too. I was worried about Adrien. Probably the most worried about him. Next to Marinette, Juleka, and Chloe... And Nino... And Alya.

Okay we were all worried. But I was just the tiniest bit more worried. Since the missing person just so happens to be my boyfriend.

"Should we inform the Police?" Nino asked. Alya shook her head. "If Mr. Agreste is really behind this, then he'll find a way to blackmail his way out of any sort search party. As far as the public knows, Adrien Agreste is safely at home and is attending School." She explained.

Sadly yet surely, we agreed on that conclusion. But we also came to another conclusion;

"Looks like we're going to have to find Adrien ourselves." Marinette said.

*_*-~

I took Chloe and Juleka aside, "We would cover more ground if we were, you know," I tried hinting to them that we needed to be out Superhero selves in order to find Adrien quicker.

"But how do we explain to Ladybug, Rena Rouge, Carapace and Chat Noir what we're doing? And tell them that Adrien is missing, plus how we found out." I didn't want to argue with Juleka's truthful words.

"Just tell them that we informed ourselves without accidentally revealing our identities to them." I suggested. "That'll never work." Juleka said. I sighed.

Maybe she was right.

*_*-~

This was the first patrol all seven of us had. But for some reason, Chat Noir is nowhere in sight. Ladybug got worried. "Do you think something happened to him?" She asked frantically.

"I don't know. I hope not." First Adrien, and now Chat Noir... How could they both go missing?

"Hey!!" I heard a voice. We were on a building so I looked down to see Marinette waving up at us. We immediately headed down to see what she needed.

"You're Marinette right?" She nodded.

"My friend Adrien Agreste has gone missing. Chloe saw him last night but when his boyfriend went to pick him up this morning, he was gone! Can you help look for him please? We aren't able to rely on the Police so we need your help." I pretended to not already know that.

"Of course we'll help look for him, thank you for letting us know." Ladybug said, coming forward. I kinda sorta had a suspicion about Marinette being Ladybug, but seeing them together right now made that suspicion face away.

She's not Ladybug. Must be another girl that looks sounds, and is the exact same height as Marinette. With the exact same eye color and hair style, and everything else that is the same.

Must be a coincidence, right? Because I'm seeing Marinette standing right here with Ladybug. Both of them together. "Do you know where he was last seen?" Rena asked her. "At the Bourgeois Hotel." She answered.

"Then that's where we start." Ladybug said. Marinette thanked us and ran away. Probably home. Ladybug turned back to us. "We're going to search this City top to bottom, even if it takes us all night. We are not giving up until we find Adrien." From how Ladybug said it, the determination in her voice.

She really cares about Adrien. But she hardly knows him. The only person I know who would say something like that, find Adrien no matter what, was Marinette.

But I saw her, how could she be Ladybug unless the Marinette I saw was a reflection or an Illusion... Oh.

Could Rena be involved? She's the only one who can create an Illusion so well it looks exactly like whatever she intended to make the Illusion of.

But if Marinette is Ladybug, then I'm going to wait until she tells me herself.

*_*-~

"Did you find him?" Juleka and I searched everywhere. We couldn't find him. "Nothing." I said. Ladybug sighed. She and Queen Bee searched North of the City while Purple Tigress and I searched East, "There has to be somewhere he haven't looked yet." I bit my lip.

"But we've looked everywhere, maybe the others will have better luck. Carapace and Rena Rouge went West. We only have Paris to look. Unless Gabriel Agreste sent him far away.

Would he really do that? Well, he is Hawk Moth so I wouldn't put it passed him.

Carapace and Rena Rouge returned. With bad news. They didn't find him. "We haven't looked South yet. There's still hope we can find him," Ladybug urged.

I could see my other teammates looking at eachother with doubtful looks. Are they going to give up? I understand Carapace and Rena, they didn't know Adrien well.

But Chloe? No, she would never give up on Adrien that easily. Would she? I know she wouldn't. Chloe isn't like that. But she bit her lip... "If Adrien's Father really is behind this, don't you think he would have sent him out of the City?" She asked.

Ladybug frowned. "We'll check, and if he's not there... Then.." She stopped. I seriously can't see Ladybug saying the words "give up," its just not her.

She wouldn't do that. But if she's right and Adrien really is gone... No.. I can't think like that. He's here. I know he's somewhere in the City. I can feel it.

*_*-~

Why was I so hopeful? I knew he wouldn't be there. It took us all night. Ladybug and the others already went home. Of course I'm still out here.

Even Juleka went home. She wanted to stay, but I was the one who sent her home. I just wanted to be alone. All alone on top of a building roof, with the chilly wind blowing in my hair. Autumn was nearly over.

Winter was the next season to come. And that's when the snow falls. Cold snow. But there is something good about Winter, snowmen, snow forts, hot chocolate, tea, the warm fire, and wrapped in a blanket with the person you love.

If we don't find Adrien soon I won't get to do any of those things. That's why I need to go home. So I can get sleep and keep looking for him. I'm not going to give up.

*_*-~

The whole School day was miserable. I didn't want to do anything. Hazel was worried about me but no matter what she did it didn't cheer me up.

I heard her sigh. "You need to get the Police involved. They'll be a lot more people to cover all of Paris. I know the Superheroes looked for him, but there are only six of them. And I saw them looking, but Chat Noir was missing. Both him and Adrien are missing, he's your boyfriend Luka, don't give up on him." Her face was filled with determination.

My face changed, why is she so determined that I find him? She noticed my face and sighed. "Luka.. Did Addison ever mention her Ex-boyfriend?" What would make her interested in that?

"Yeah, she has, why?" She took a deep breath. "Did she ever tell you what his last name was?" I shook my head. "I didn't even think about it. Do you know what it is?" She nodded and I could clearly see the tears starting to form.

"I've kept this to myself for so long. But his last name is Groves. Same as mine. Mitchell is my brother." Whoa. I did not expect that. "Delilah, or maybe I should say Lila, told me that if I ever came searching for my brother and told anyone about it she would do something terrible to him. For two years I never told anyone anything. I felt so bad keeping it from Adi. I liked her so much. She was the perfect girl for my brother. But when Lila kidnapped him and forced him to break up with her, I knew something was wrong. And then you and Juleka were taken by her and it all just came back. I know he's still out there. But I can't look for him if I know Lila is free..." She stopped.

She already said so much. "But I'm done keeping it in. Adrien is missing, and I don't want you to go through that for two years. Lila did whatever it took to keep Police off my brother's case by making up some big lie. And of course it worked. This time, you need to get the Police on Adrien's case. A big search party is the only thing that can find him," Hazel stood up. She wasn't done.

"Don't make the same mistake I did and let yourself be manipulated for two years. I let Lila control me. Don't let whoever took Adrien control you." I could hardly believe it. She's kept this in for so long.

Hazel sat back down. "As soon as School is over, I'm going to find Adi, and I'm going to tell her everything. I'm not waiting any longer to find my brother."

*_*-~

"So you're really Mitchell's sister?" Hazel nodded. I went with her as moral support. "Lila made me keep it a secret for two years. I was done keeping it in the moment Luka and Juleka went missing. And now Adrien, that was the last straw." She explained. Adi gave Hazel a hug. "I'm glad he has a sister like you," She said. Hazel returned the compliment.

"And he was so lucky to have such an amazing girlfriend like you," Adi blushed. "I was lucky to have him too." She said. Katie was confused.

So I filled her in on what just happened. She understood immediately. "We're going to find him," Hazel announced.

The three girls headed to the washroom. I waited outside. Hazel asked me too, said something about needing my opinion on her "travel" outfits.

I almost fell asleep when the girls opened the door. My jaw dropped open. They all had t-shirts, shorts, and big boots.

Hazel had her hair in a high ponytail, Addison's hair was in a tight braid, and Katie's hair was cut just above shoulder length. And all three of them had one black stripe on each cheek, and some other weird patterns on their faces. Oh, can't forget about the headbands.

They also had big backpacks. It was like they were ready to go on some jungle expedition or something. We left the locker room and headed towards the doors.

The three of them stood, Hazel in the front, while Adi and Katie stood on each side of her just a few steps back. The wind was blowing and their hair and headbands were blowing in the wind.

"Let's go find my brother." Hazel said. But just as they were about to leave, the doors bursted open and a boy was there.

He was completely soaking wet, out of breath, and looked really bulky. Hazel dropped all her stuff and ran towards him. "Mitchell!" She called out and hugged him, probably not caring that she'd get wet.

I wouldn't either, if I was separated from Juleka for two years and she showed up like this. Even wet, I would hug her because of how long we were apart.

They were just about to go on this huge mission, and now they don't need to. Adi was speechless. She slowly made her way over to Mitchell and Hazel. I followed her and Katie followed me.

He saw her, and his face became sad. "Adi.. I'm so sorry.. I should have told you instead of ending it and then running away. But she gave me no choice... Can you ever forgive me?" I was expecting her to be mad. But there wasn't even a hint of anger in her expression.

She fell down in front of him beside Hazel. "Of course I forgive you... But please, tell me everything..." She asked softly. "I will... As soon as I get into some dry clothes."

*_*-~

"Lila met me, and tried to seduce me. But I wasn't going to have any of it, because I had a girlfriend I loved so much," He turned to Addison. Then he frowned. "She didn't like that. Not one bit," He continued. Then he turned to Hazel.

"She had Mom... And told me that if I didn't be with her she would hurt her... I couldn't let her hurt Mom..." Hazel covered her mouth. "She had Mom?!" She cried. "Had. She doesn't have her anymore. Because once I agreed she would let her go. And I was there when she brought Mom home. And she told her not to tell anyone or she would never see me again..." His voice began to crack.

"She told me something similar. Lila had control of me. She made me not tell anyone and that if I came looking for you she would do something terrible to you." She explained.

"Hopefully it wasn't going to be as bad as shoving me in a large coffin, and putting it in a pool. That's why I was wet, I had three tubes. One for air, another for food and the last for water. But there was something Lila didn't count on," He said, he rolled down his sleeves and showed really big muscles.

"There was enough room in that coffin to work out, I did push-ups, sit-ups and anything I could do to get stronger for two years. Once I was strong enough I busted out and escaped. It took me only a few hours to get here. She had me somewhere in Paris. I still didn't get how I was still wet, I should have dried off after like three hours. But it was too cold for the sun to dry me off, so I guess that makes sense." Lila did that to him?

"She's a monster..." Now Addison was angry. "And your poor Mom... Is she okay?" She asked. "I called her the minute I passed a payphone. She was so happy to know I was okay and told me where Hazel's School was." He explained.

"What about your Dad?" Katie inquired. "Our parents are divorced, Dad moved here and took Hazel with him, I stayed with Mom. I didn't want to leave her alone." Hazel nodded. "That's why I didn't know about Mom," She said.

"Well now you're all reunited," The first time I spoke. I don't think he even noticed me. Hazel rolled her eyes when Mitchell looked at me weirdly.

"Mitch, this is Luka. He's harmless. For now, he'll go berserk once he finds out who kidnapped his boyfriend." Michael relaxed at that. Because now he knew I had no interest in his sister because I'm gay and have a boyfriend.

He had a friendly smile on his face. "Thanks for being such a great friend to my sister, I just couldn't imagine what she was going through while I was gone. I'm glad she's made good friends." I nodded. "No problem." I said.

He hesitated and turned back to Addison. "I know how upset you must have been.... But even after all that's happened, thinking of you kept me alive and fighting... Addison Stansfield, will you be my girlfriend once again?" Her face lit up. "Yes. I will." They shared a kiss.

Katie and Hazel cheered them on. After they broke apart they held eachother close. "Lila might come after us, we might need to go into hiding." Mitchell said.

Adi sighed. "You're right, we can't stay here. As soon as she finds out you're gone she might go after your family again. We have to gather them up and go into hiding." Mitchell made eye contact with Hazel.

"I know she'll come after you, so it's very important that you come with us." He said. Katie stood up, "I'm her Ex-best friend. That means she'll come after me too. I also need to hide." She informed us.

"Then it's settled, we'll take you, Hazel, and Mom and... Dad, even if they don't like eachother, once we explain everything to them they'll understand how important this is," They began to leave.

"Luka? Don't you think you should come too? Lila could come after you too," Hazel reminded me. "I know, but I'm not going anywhere until I know Adrien is safe and sound. I'm not going to give up on him. You go, get as far away as possible, good luck and be careful." Hazel, Addison and Katie gave me their goodbye hugs.

I saw them out the door after they explained everything to Mr. Damocles. He understood full well and told all teachers. He let them go.

I said my final goodbyes as they drove away in a Taxi. But as soon as it left, I saw a figure in the distance.

Whoever it was came closer until I could see who it was. And my hands flew to my mouth the second I saw who it was.

"Adrien...?"

~-*_*

Omg, I didn't think I would have enough storage for that. I had that idea for a while, and I was going to end it on Mitchell returning, but my storage didn't explode yet so I kept going. And, I've actually been reading my own book and I've noticed all the mistakes. So I'll just say it here, as soon as the book is finished I'm going back to edit all the chapters. I won't add or remove anything, I'm just going to fix the mistakes and fill in some things I might have missed. Plus with my storage being so low, I don't know how many more chapters I can manage to write. But I'll just keep going until I seriously can't write anything more.

And when that happens I'm going to get a storage card. I'm not going to let low storage stop me from writing my books. Cross your fingers I can at least finish this book before my storage ends! Bye!
~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 2.3K 32
1st Place in Lukanette: 3/22/21 1st Place in Adrigami: 12/7/23 1st Place in LukaCoufaine: 4/26/21 (Subtle difference) 3rd Place in LukaCouffaine: 4/7...
14.1K 369 22
Chat Noir is the amazing superhero. Y/N is your average teenage girl. What could they have in common? Apparently everything. When Y/N transfers to a...
158K 3.2K 22
"Nino, come on. We're just friends! That's it." Adrien assured Nino. "Yeah, sure. Say what you want. But I'm just saying, you and Marinette look good...
12.7K 453 37
After the disatser of Luka's realationship with marinette he decided he would swear off dating until an oblivious and mentally ill boy enters his lif...