Better than me? | Hermione Gr...

By nzcrsm

"You're so insufferable, I hate you!" Hermione exclaimed, disdain filling her eyes. "The feeling's mutual... More

|| CAST
|| 1. Moving (UN-EDITED)
|| 2. Diagon Alley (UN-EDITED)
|| 3. Harry Potter (UN-EDITED)
|| 4. Train Ride (UN-EDITED)
|| 5. Sorting Hat (UN-EDITED)
|| 6. Roommates (UN-EDITED)
|| 7. First Day (UN-EDITED)
|| 8. Potions (UN-EDITED)
|| 9. I Hate You! (UN-EDITED)
|| 10. First Flying Lesson (UN-EDITED)
|| 11. Wizard's Duel (UN-EDITED)
|| 12. Midnight Duel (UN-EDITED)
|| 13. Outburst (UN-EDITED)
|| 14. Friendship Over! (UN-EDITED)
|| 15. I'm Here (UN-EDITED)
|| 16. Nice Like This (UN-EDITED)
|| 17. You're Forgiven (UN-EDITED)
|| 18. Troll In The Dungeon! (UN-EDITED)
|| 19. Friends (UN-EDITED)
|| 20. 'Friendly Teasing' (UN-EDITED)
|| 21. Red Bird (UN-EDITED)
|| 22. Make Up (UN-EDITED)
|| 23. Do You Like Her? (UN-EDITED)
|| 24. Dad (UN-EDITED)
|| 25. Mom (UN-EDITED)
|| 26. Cheater (UN-EDITED)
|| 27. 'My' Y/N (UN-EDITED)
|| 28. Dinner (UN-EDITED)
|| 29. Mom, I'm not Gay! (UN-EDITED)
|| 30. Softer (UN-EDITED)
|| 31. Back To Hogwarts (UN-EDITED)
|| 32. Don't Leave (UN-EDITED)
|| 33. Godsiblings (UN-EDITED)
|| 34. New Year's Party (UN-EDITED)
|| 35. Happy New Year (UN-EDITED)
|| 36. 'Light' Reading (UN-EDITED)
|| 37. Dark Forest (UN-EDITED)
|| 37. The Sorcerer's Stone (UN-EDITED)
|| 40. Voldemort (UN-EDITED)
|| 41. Blessed Children (UN-EDITED)
|| 42. Last Day (FINAL CHAPTER) (UN-EDITED)
The Blessed Child

|| 39. Quidditch (UN-EDITED)

1.8K 100 2
By nzcrsm

A few days had passed since the incident in the Dark Forest. Hermione had been giving Y/N the cold shoulder, and to be honest, Y/N couldn't have cared less – or at least, that's what she tried to convince herself. Harry and Ron still exchanged occasional words with her, but they hadn't looped her into any more of their escapades, per Hermione's request.

Truth be told, Y/N didn't mind being left out of their plans. It was a relief to finally have a break from their schemes. Harry had mentioned that they intended to search for the Philosopher's Stone by noon, but Y/N brushed it off. She truly didn't care, or at least, she was trying hard not to care.

Currently, she found herself in the courtyard alongside Aurora, Seraphina, and Sophie. Seraphina was engrossed in a book, Aurora was capturing a few pictures, and Sophie was attentively watching Y/N demonstrate some broom tricks for her upcoming Quidditch match scheduled in a few hours.

"Nice attempt!" Sophie cheered, watching as Y/N's broom wobbled during her triple-loop, causing her to slip off with a slight grunt.

"You're risking injury if you keep attempting those risky moves before the match," Aurora chimed in, her expression unamused, while Y/N simply acknowledged her with a hum.

"Hey, Y/N!" Draco's voice called from behind, causing her to turn and face the Slytherin as he approached. "Getting some Quidditch practice in?" he asked, and Y/N nodded, her broom in hand.

"Feeling a bit down, are you? Still getting the cold shoulder from Granger?" he teased, prompting an eye roll from Y/N.

"Her attitude doesn't bother me at all," Y/N muttered, remounting her broom.

"Well, it's a win-win situation, isn't it? Granger's finally stopped hounding you," Draco remarked, a sigh escaping Y/N at his words. "Stupid Mudblood."

"Don't use that term," Y/N said quietly.

"What? 'Mudblood'?" Draco's tone held a hint of laughter, irritating Y/N further.

"Just... shut it, Draco," Y/N retorted, her tone tinged with irritation. 

Draco raised an eyebrow, seemingly unperturbed by Y/N's reaction. "Oh, come on, Crimson. It's just a word."

"Just a word? It's a slur, Draco." Y/N's voice was stern, her frustration palpable.

"Oh, don't tell me you're suddenly getting all righteous, defending Muggle-borns and whatnot," Draco scoffed.

"Draco." Y/N said blankly.

"Fine, whatever. I'll tone it down if it bothers you that much," Draco said, his tone slightly mocking. "But let's not pretend like you're suddenly best buddies with Granger."

Y/N sighed, feeling the weight of the ongoing tension. "Look, Draco, I might not be her best friend, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with you calling her that."

Draco rolled his eyes, but Y/N could tell her words had made a slight impact. As much as they often clashed, there were moments when she felt like she was actually getting through to him.

✴✴✴✴✴

As the final Quidditch match of the year approached, Y/N found herself mounting her broom, ready to fly out of the tent. It was the Gryffindors against the Ravenclaws, marking the concluding game of the season. The weather had turned warmer as the school year drew to a close, and excitement was in the air.

"Give it your all, Crimson," Davis called out, his words blending with the gusts of wind.

"Of course, I was planning on taking a leisurely flight," Y/N retorted sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Davis.

"Confidence is key. Just what the team needs," Davis replied with a laugh. "Alright, team, get into position!" he commanded.

Y/N positioned herself on the left side of the Quidditch Pitch, facing the Gryffindor team on the opposite side. She stole a glance upward, locking eyes with Harry briefly. The announcer's voice rang out, reminding everyone of the game's rules and setting the stage for an intense match.

Madam Hooch clutched the Quaffle in her hand, and Y/N's grip on her broom tightened in anticipation. "The Quaffle is released, and the game begins!" Lee Jordan's voice echoed across the field, signaling the start of the match.

 Y/N surged forward, heading straight for the Quaffle. Her arm shot out, and her fingers closed around the Quaffle's smooth surface, successfully gaining possession. With a swift motion, she veered away from the Gryffindor Chasers who were hot on her tail.

"Y/N, pass it!" one of her fellow Chasers called out, but Y/N simply accelerated, leaving the boy's request behind in the wind.

She weaved through the air, drawing closer to the goal hoops. However, her concentration was interrupted as a Gryffindor Chaser bumped into her side. Reacting quickly, Y/N lifted her foot and delivered a kick that sent her opponent spinning backward. Clutching the Quaffle close, she continued her trajectory toward the goal.

"Pass it over, Crimson!" another Chaser shouted, and Y/N's gaze shifted toward him. 

With expert maneuvering, she executed a series of swift loops and dodged a pair of Bludgers that came hurtling her way. Her eyes remained locked on her teammate as she prepared for the next strategic play.

With a calculated swerve and a burst of speed, Y/N soared toward the goal hoops. The wind rushed past her as she maintained her course, her focus unwavering. She had a clear shot, a direct line to the hoops. A Gryffindor Beater swung a Bludger in her direction, but she skillfully dodged it, her heart pounding with exhilaration.

As the goal hoops drew nearer, Y/N tightened her grip on the Quaffle and angled her broom. Time seemed to slow down for a moment as she aimed precisely and then released the Quaffle with a swift, powerful throw. The ball sailed through the air, spiraling gracefully before finding its mark—a perfect shot that sailed right through the center hoop.

The crowd erupted into cheers as Y/N's goal scored valuable points for Ravenclaw. Despite her decision to ignore her teammates' calls, she had acted on her instincts and secured a significant advantage for her team. Flying away from the goal, a triumphant smile played on her lips, and she returned her focus to the fast-paced game that unfolded around her.

The cheers of the crowd filled the air, but Y/N's attention was locked onto the game. A Gryffindor Chaser swiftly caught the Quaffle after her goal, and her teammates quickly engaged in a strategic play to steal it back. 

Amid the chaos, the Quaffle changed hands several times before it ended up in Y/N's possession once more. She nodded in acknowledgment as her teammate passed her the Quaffle, her determination blazing as she took off towards the Gryffindor goal hoops.

"Pass it, Y/N!" her Chaser called out, flying alongside her.

Y/N glanced at them but didn't respond, her focus solely on the task at hand. The wind whistled past her ears as she weaved through opposing Chasers, her grip on the Quaffle firm. She was determined to prove herself, to show that she could make the play that would lead to another goal.

"Y/N, pass it!" her teammate insisted again, frustration evident in her voice.

Ignoring the plea once more, Y/N tightened her grip on the Quaffle and angled her broom for another shot. But just as she was about to release it, a well-timed Bludger came hurtling towards her. Startled, she swerved to avoid the Bludger, causing her aim to go off. The Quaffle veered off course, missing the hoop by a hair's breadth.

"Pass, Y/N! Pass!" her teammate's voice was urgent, but Y/N's determination remained unwavering.

As she tried to regain control of the Quaffle, a Gryffindor Chaser seized the opportunity and swooped in, snatching it from her grip. Y/N's heart sank as she watched the Gryffindor Chaser speed away, the missed opportunity weighing heavily on her mind. The disappointment in her teammate's eyes was palpable, and the crowd's cheers for Gryffindor's defense were a stark reminder of her error.

Amid the intense gameplay, the Gryffindor Chasers managed to score a goal, and the crowd erupted into cheers for their team. Y/N gritted her teeth, frustration bubbling within her. As the Quaffle was placed back into play after the score, the Seekers' pause was called, allowing the teams to regroup.

Y/N floated near her teammates, her heart still pounding from the near miss. Her Chasers, visibly frustrated, gathered around her during the brief pause.

"What were you thinking, Y/N?" one of them scolded, shaking their head in disbelief. "You had a clear opportunity to pass and set up a solid play. Instead, you went for it on your own and lost the Quaffle!"

"Quidditch is a team sport, Y/N," another teammate chimed in, their tone stern. "We're not out here to showcase individual skills; we're here to win as a team."

Y/N clenched her jaw, her gaze dropping to the ground. They were right, and she knew it. Her determination had clouded her judgment, leading her to make a reckless decision.

"Look, we're not trying to bring you down," the third teammate added, their voice softer. "We just need to work together, trust each other's strengths, and play smart."

Y/N's frustration turned into a sense of humility as she looked at her teammates, who were all invested in the same goal: victory for Ravenclaw. She nodded slowly, her pride taking a backseat to the realization that she needed to adjust her approach.

"I get it," she said quietly. 

The pause ended, and Y/N exchanged determined glances with her teammates. As they mounted their brooms, ready to face Gryffindor once again, she felt a renewed sense of purpose. This time, she was determined to play as part of a team, to contribute to their strategy, and to ensure that her actions would lead to success rather than unnecessary risks.

✴✴✴✴✴

The Quidditch match had been underway for about an hour, with both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw holding onto tight scores. Y/N swerved through the air, clutching the Quaffle tightly against her chest. She glanced to the side, spotting her teammate frantically waving at her. She strained to catch his words, but the distance made it impossible to hear.

Her hesitation showed in her eyes as she reluctantly loosened her grip on the Quaffle, preparing to pass it. Just as she released it, a loud explosion echoed through the air. The sound of a Bludger smashing into her back reached her ears a moment too late, and pain shot through her as she staggered on her broom.

The Quaffle soared through the air, a clear pass to her teammate, but Y/N's focus had shifted entirely as the impact knocked the air out of her lungs. Her grip on her broom weakened, and her vision blurred.

She felt herself tumbling backward, plummeting off her broom and hitting the ground with a resounding thud. A sharp, cracking pain shot through her shoulder upon impact, causing her to wince.

The collective cringe from the crowd echoed her own pain. The match was swiftly paused as her teammates hurriedly flew down to her side.

"Medic!" Davis's urgent cry filled the air as he landed beside her. The other members of the team gathered around, concern etched on their faces.

"Y/N, can you hear me?" Cho's voice was laced with worry as she knelt down.

Y/N's vision was hazy as she nodded weakly, her breaths coming in shallow gasps. The pain radiated from her shoulder, and she clenched her teeth to keep from crying out.

"Stay with us, Y/N," Davis urged, placing a comforting hand on her arm.

Madam Pomfrey, the school nurse, arrived on the scene with a flurry of activity. Her experienced hands assessed Y/N's injury, her voice a soothing presence in the chaos. The other students formed a protective circle around Y/N, their concern palpable.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 1.5K 32
"With power to mend and power to break, She holds the world's destiny, her choice at stake. To save the world, she'll face the dark tide, But to seal...
80.1K 3.7K 37
"Why do you keep looking at me?" Y/N finally asked, her eyes still focused on the book in her hands. Hermione's voice was gentle as she replied, "I l...
1.3M 35K 54
After a few minutes, both of their chests were heaving from the lack of oxygen, the two pulling away. Their foreheads stayed pressed against each oth...
11.7K 452 17
SWEAR IT GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS After years of homeschooling, you finally join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in your fo...