RWBY reacts to Uncharted: Osc...

ATaylor103

Follow Oscar Drake, an adventurer, explorer and thief as he tries to find El Dorado. He's not the only one... Еще

Ambushed
The Search for El Dorado
A Surprising Find
Plane-Wrecked
The Fortress
Uunlocking The Past
Out of the Frying Pan
To the Tower
The Customs Home
Trapped
Heading Upriver
Santcuary?
Going Underground
On the Trail of the Treasure
The Treasure Vault
The Heart of the Vault
The Bunker
Unwelcome Guest
Race to the Rescue
Gold and Bones
Showdown

The Drowned City

357 5 0
ATaylor103

The chapter begins with Oscar and Ruby emerging from the water as the jeep sinks. They quickly swim to shore as Tock and her goons shoot down at them.

"Go! Go!" Oscar ordered.

"Ugh! These guys never quit!" Ruby groused.

"Tell us about it." Weiss agreed.

"Well, at least they're together." Neptune said. "Two heads are better than one."

Oscar and Ruby get out of the water and run through some buildings. They go through a doorway and get to a riverbank with a jet ski in the water. They realize they lost their enemies stop to catch their breath.

"This was a big mistake." Oscar said, looking around.

"Which mistake? Bringing my sister with you or nearly getting yourselves killed?" Yang questioned.

Ruby chuckles. "No kidding. You know, I should've turned before the bridge."

"That's very funny." Oscar said, looking at a window.

"Oh, come here a minute." Ruby pulls out her camera. "I wanna show you something."

"That thing still works?" Oscar asked, going to sit down.

"Why does she still have that?" Blake asked, confused.

Sun shrugged. "Maybe it contains information."

"Unless that information leads them to an escape route, it's best to just put it away." Winter said.

Ruby positioned her camera so Oscar could see it "Uh-huh. Check this out." She shows him footage of the domed harbor building. "Okay, see this building in the harbor? That's where all of the boats coming into the colony would've unloaded their cargo. So, if the El Dorado treasure came to this island, it would've had to have come through here."

"Wait a minute." Oscar then grabs the screen, finding something. "What was that?"

"What?" Ruby questioned.

"Rewind it." He ordered her.

Ruby did as she was told and rewinds the footage. "Yeah...?"

"Wait, stop." Oscar said, causing Ruby to stop the video.

"Uh-huh." Ruby said, wondering what Oscar was getting at.

"Right there." He points to a small motorboat at the building on the screen. "That's our ticket out of here. Come on!"

Summer was relieved. "Good. It's over."

Tai nodded. "I'm glad they'll be able to get out of that place."

"Our ticket out of here? Are you giving up?" Ruby questioned, confused.

"Ummm yeah." Jaune said, not getting it.

"Maybe you hadn't noticed, but we're kind of outnumbered." Oscar pointed out as if it wasn't obvious.

"But we can't give up now." Ruby argued.

Yang looked at her sister as if she was crazy. "Ruby... what are you talking about??"

"What do you mean??" The scythe-wielder asked.

"She means, why are you arguing about Oscar giving up." Weiss answered.

Ruby scoffed. "We're doing fine so far..."

The crimson girl nodded. "Exactly, we can do it." 

Oscar shook his head. "That's impossible, Ruby."

Ruby frowned. "So you're giving up on him?"

The farm boy was confused. "Giving up on who???"

"Ozpin."

There was an intense silence that filled the theater as most eyes were on Ruby and Oscar.

Glynda was the first to speak, with a stern tone. "Ruby... don't blame Ozpin's death at Oscar."

"I'm blaming him." Ruby interjected. "I'm saying that if we give up now then all of this, INCLUDING Ozpin's death,  will all be for nothing."

"If you AND Oscar die, then EVERYTHING will be for nothing." Ironwood pointed out.

"Ruby," Summer began softly, "I don't want to see you die. Again."

"You won't." Her daughter said back. "Oscar will make sure of that

"Ruby, I don't need your bullet-riddled corpse on my conscience. Let's go." Oscar ordered in a serious tone.

"Oh, please. You quit if you want to, but don't use me as an excuse." Ruby argued, annoyed.

Most of the audience were take back.

"Damn." Roman cursed under his breath. "Little Red got some guts."

Noe nodded, giggling. "More bigger than the Ruby we know."

"Ruby, this is some serious business. You could get killed." Oscar said, firmly.

"Oscar, we have been through everything together, and we've done it well." Ruby said. "You can't just quit NOW."

"Just as Oscar was about to argue more, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked at Ozpin smiling at him. "It's okay, Oscar. Everything will alright."

Oscar's mouth gaped in shock. "How can you say that??"

"Because of my instincts." The beacon headmaster answered.

"Your instincts?" Oscar repeated, confused.

"I trust Miss Rose. Do you?"

"Of course-"

"With your life?"

Oscar paused at Ozpin's question before answering again. "I do."

Ozpin smiled. "Then don't doubt others around you, Oscar."

"Fine. It's me, okay? I am quitting! Are you coming or not?!" Oscar asked, guesting to leave.

"So that's it? You're just going to forget about the treasure and forget about Drake?" Ruby asked, standing up.

Oscar looked away and then got in Ruby's face. "Goddamnit, this is not worth dying over." 

"Okay. Okay. Listen, either way we have to head back to the harbor." Ruby said. She then smiles, jokingly hitting his arm. "Don't worry about it. We can argue about it later. It'll be great." She puts her camera away and walks towards the jet ski.

"Wait..." Oscar stops him. "This time, I drive."

"Okay." Ruby said following Oscar.

Oscar gets on the jet ski and starts it up. Ruby sits behind him and wraps her arms around him. They begin driving through the water and in between buildings.

"I don't get it. How does a whole colony just drop out of history?" Ruby asked, though her question was interrupted by Oscar saying they had company. Ruby started shooting at the barrels with a grenade launcher to clear the path and used the grenade launcher to take out the pirates that were shooting at them. Once it was clear, they continued.

"What happened to this place?" Ruby asked.

"Whole city's completely flooded." Oscar said.

"How does that happen??" Nora asked.

"Good question." Ren said as he was wondering the same thing.

"An erosion?" Pyrrha guessed.

Oscar and Ruby turn a corner and are spotted by a couple pirates on the balconies of some buildings. They take out their guns and return fire. Oscar shoots with one hand and drives with the other. Ruby holds onto him while shooting as well. They get rid of the pirates and carry on. They come across a ramp in between some walls.

"Hang on!" Oscar yelled as he drive over the ramp, into the interior of the harbor. They went under an archway and dealt with more goons and continued upriver, before finally reaching the building.

"There it is!" Ruby called out.

"Yeah, now we just gotta find a way in." Oscar said.

"You know, I read a story once about a cursed Inca treasure... You don't supposed that -" Ruby was about to say but Oscar cut her off.

"Please don't tell me you believe in that stuff." He said.

"We do." The hunters/huntress called out.

"I'm just saying... something bad happened here. A whole colony doesn't up and vanish." Ruby said, getting scared. "How do you explain it?"

"Well, a lot of American Indian tribes have been wiped out by conquests and disease. It's possible whoever invaded this area flooded the place to destroy it or get rid of a disease that was infecting everyone in the colony." Oscar said, pulling up to the dock.

"That sound's... horrible." Weiss said, shocked.

"Those poor Indians." Ruby said. She doesn't know the meaning of American Indian, but after hearing Oscar's story, she felt sorry for them.

"Does this happen in your world??" Sienna asked Theo.

Theo sadly nodded. "Unfortunately..."

The tiger faunus frowned. "My condolences for your world.

"Thank you." Lucy said, smiling.

Oscar gets out and walks the path. Ruby sees a zipline connecting from a nearby tower to the roof of a smaller building by the harbor. "Looks like that cable would get us up there."

Oscar nodded. "Let's go check it out."

"I'll stay here and keep an eye on our ride. See if you can figure a way to get us to that tower." Ruby said. She rides off as Oscar starts to make his way to the tower.

End of chapter.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

20.8K 712 25
❝Wait, didn't I beat your ass in the Smithsonian?❞ ❝No, I'm pretty I beat your ass.❞ ❝Well, I wasn't the one who ended up on the ground so...❞ In w...
22.5K 803 15
|| Completed || Being a younger half sister to treasure hunters are not the most simple life. Getting brought to Italy to enter an exclusive, heavil...
11 1 3
A young man fights his way through the world everyday. One day he meets a girl who was attacked killing her friend in the process. He takes her in an...
Limit

Боевик

33 4 8
After a war with humans and monsters humans have evolved to have new limits. A young man wants to reach the top and protect the world no matter what...