Playing Hard to Get (August A...

By _GuiltyPleasure_

Camila has never been the easy type. One day while she's out with her best friend she meets a guy by the name... More

Playing Hard to Get
Shorty Swing My Way
Try Again
Truth Is
Diggin On You
Freak Me
Don't Take It Personal
My Boo
No Love
Just Kickin It
Baby Baby Baby
C.R.U.S.H.
Show You
Bye Bye
I'm So Into You
Best Thing I Never Had
Daddy's Home
My Little Secret
My Love
Someone To Love You
Girl Talk
He's Mine
Twisted
What Goes Around...Comes Around...
Nobody's Suppose To Be Here
Until It's Gone
Better In Time
Gone Already
Missing You
Get Me Home
Don't Mess With My Man
Rehab
In Your Hood
Look What You've Done
Last Chance
Long Way Down
Understanding
Crying Out For Me
I Don't Wanna
Authors Note...
The One
Creep
Hit 'Em Up Style (Ooops!)
Me Time
Aint Thinkin' Bout You
Dirty Laundry
When I'm Gone
Like You'll Never See Me Again
Exhale (Shoop Shoop)
God's Got A Blessing
Song Cry
Help!
Guess What???!

Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart

38.6K 1.3K 53
By _GuiltyPleasure_

Lonely, own me nobody ever shut it down like you
You wore the crown
You made my body feel heaven bound
Why don't you hold me
Need me, I thought you told me
You'd never leave me
-Alicia Keys

°Camila°
"Why are you in such a rush to find a new place?" My dad asked me as I looked at some apartments.

"Because I need my own space, dad." I cut my eyes at him and smiled.

"Awwe C'mon. You know it's been fun here, just like the old days when you were a kid and lived with me."
I laughed out loud at how ridiculous he sounded.

"Dad you're never here, but I have enjoyed your pool!"
He playfully punched my arm and laughed.
"I'm just not ready for you to go out in the world alone again, especially since that animal who did that is still out there. It's a crazy world and I just want to make sure you're protected at all times." He said seriously.

"Dad I know where this going and you know I don't like those things."
He sighed and got up to close my laptop so I would give him my full attention.

"Camila baby your my only child and even if you weren't that still wouldn't change the fact that I want you to always be prepared for whatever, this is a dog eat dog world. What you don't have the heart to do another sure will, female or not they don't care."

I looked down at my feet.
"Look at me, you need to hear this." He said sternly.
I quickly meet his eyes again.

"Daddy I'm just scared that's all. I don't ever want to be put in that kinda situation where it's either me or him...or her. I'll never live down the fact that I killed or seriously injured someone." I said honestly.

My daddy grabbed my face and put his forehead onto mines.
"And I couldn't live with the fact that someone stole my precious angel from me either."

"So what are you suggesting? I just can't walk around here with that type of weapon with no license and not registered to me."

He smiled, "That's why you take classes baby doll. Not only when you complete it you'll have the license to carry it, but you won't be scared and most importantly you'll know how to properly and correctly handle it."

I scratched my head. "You have a point."
He got up and stretched while yawning, "Yupp and the longer you put it off the longer you'll be here with me and Jamie."

"She's so cool, like I liked her before but I love her now and that's weird cause I usually hate females."
He laughed and kissed my cheek, "You're just a weird soul that's all. Goodnight baby girl. Love you."

"Love you too." I said back to him.

I wasn't sleepy so I didn't go up to the guest bedroom just yet. I grabbed my blanket and sat down on the couch. I turned on the TV and got on instagram. I liked a few pictures. As I was going through my timeline I stopped on a picture August had posted of him watching television from bed, Home Alone. The caption read.
I noticed the TV was the same one that was in the bedroom that I had previously stayed in.

I got up and folded my blanket & turned off the TV. I stepped into the bedroom and turned on the light. I got out one of my bags and wrapped my hair up, I stared into the mirror at my God awful pimple. "This is not cute." I mumbled to myself as I dug into another bag. I pulled out some cream and rubbed a little over the zit. I searched deep into the dresser and pulled out the box that held the ring. I've had it for while and never tried it on. I slid it on my finger and held my hand up. It was the correct size and looked amazing if I must say. I smiled but that quickly faded. I took it off and threw it back into the dresser.
I turned out the light and got into bed, plugging up my phone before turning over trying to get to sleep since I had work the early the next morning.
-
°August°

I helped Deja get comfortable in her chair befa' walking over and sitting down in mines.
"You good over thea'?" I asked her as I picked up my menu.
She nodded her head and picked up her menu to scan it as well.

"Hello, my name is Katy and I'll be serving you guys today. What would you like to drink?" She asked us.

"I'll take a sweet tea." I said.
"Uhh I guess I'll take the same with heavy ice and if you would please give me a extra cup of ice but in a to go cup please." Deja said.
Pregnant ass always had to make things difficult.

"Alright I'll be back shorty." Katy smiled and walked off.

"So are you happy with the gender?" Deja asked me.
"Yeah I'm coo' wit' it. You?" I looked at her.

"Yeah I am. Can't wait to go shopping finally. You going to come over one of these days so we can paint and set up the room at my place?"

I nodded my head. "My work schedule pretty much free this week, so whenever you need me just hit me up."
We both agreed not to reveal the sex until whenever we had the baby shower.

"Alright good."
Katy came back with our drinks. "Are you guys ready to order now?" She asked.

"Ion' know bout ha' but I am." She nodded. "Let me get a order of the Tijuana chicken wings and just some French fries." I closed my menu.

"And for you?" She turned to Deja.
"I'll take just the Cobb salad with grilled chicken, no cheese and no bacon please. I guess I'll try the light ranch dressing too." She scrunched up her face.

Our menus was takin' up.
"I see you eating better. Getting them stress levels down is next Miss lady." I said as I put some ChapStick on.

"August I'm trying but it's so hard. Rude ass customers at work always complaining about something, my parents, this baby and now the confirming of me having pre eclampsia, I'm stressed."

"Sometimes you gotta let the lil shit go. Them bitches at the shop you gotta tell em, if you don't like my bidness then you can get the fuck out, straight up. As for your parents ion' know em' like that so I won't say much but fuck it and let em' go and move on." I shrugged.

"That's way more easier said then done. What's been up with you lately anyways? You just seem.....not yourself. Tell Camila I've been trying to hit her up, I need to talk to her."

"I'm good and we no longer communicate."
Her eyes got big. "But you guys are living in the same household so how does that work?" She asked she poured her dressing over her salad.

I opened my pack of ranch and licked my finger, "Nahh she left."

"Where did she go then?"
I shrugged.

"Why you acting like you don't care August?"

"Cause I don't." I bit into chicken wing.
She straighted faced me. "There was a time when you worshiped the ground that girl walked on, so for you to sit here and say you don't care is completely bull shi--- crap." She corrected herself.

I laughed.
"Man I believe I took Deja out to eat so we could talk about her not Camila."

"I know, but I like her and I truly wanted her in my baby's life." She wiped her eyes.

"Whatcha' crying bout Deja?" I asked since I couldn't believe she really just shed a few tears.

"Nothing."

I sat my French fry down, "So you crying bout nothing?" I asked her.

She sniffed a little.
I grabbed a napkin to cover my mouth as I laughed at her, she joined in.

"Man you showin' out....fa' real." I sipped my tea.

"It's not my fault." She laughed.

*I know in the beginning I said Eva Pigford would be Chanel but I've changed it.
Chanel is now Zoe Saldana and Deja is now Eva Pigford instead!
       I had to give yal' a update, but sadly this book will be ending soon

   I also updated, What's Done In The Dark

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 2.7K 28
Welcome Babies To August Alsina Imagines Book Two. Hope You Loves Enjoy It
40.4K 1.7K 63
When Everly meets August Alsina, her world changes completely..
577K 15.4K 34
Well, This Isnt A Traditional Fan Fiction! Nicole, 22, a very beautiful girl that every guy wanted to be with but she never wanted to date because...
55K 1.2K 31
August alsina is the hottest artist out right now with his music going in the right direction he had been truly blessed but the only thing he doesn't...