Space Bunnies!

By Howie0107

Kai and Bodi are adventurers and brothers of a fallen tribe family. The two set off on their journey of explo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Kai & Bodi
Chapter 2: For Hire
Chapter 3: Sailing
Chapter 4: Kai's Dream
Chapter 5: Bodi & Moth
Chapter 6: Phantom Merge
Chapter 7: Jerk
Chapter 8: Docking
Chapter 9: The Plaza
Chapter 10: Bodi's Quiet Time
Chapter 11: Spire
Chapter 12: Maxion's Invasion
In Between The Lines
Chapter 13: M
Chapter 14: Probe
Chapter 15: The Mission
Chapter 16: Off
Chapter 17: Double-Back
Chapter 18: Farewell
Chapter 19: Today
Chapter 20: Turbulence
Chapter 21: Spiral
Chapter 22: Alone
Chapter 23: The Cave
Chapter 24: Cold
Chapter 25: Bones
Chapter 27: Forced Sabbatical
Chapter 28: Shapeshifting
Chapter 29: Catatonia
Chapter 30: Onward
Chapter 31: Bruce
Chapter 32: Solo
Chapter 33: Kai Is Busy
Chapter 34: Refugees
Chapter 35: Save
Chapter 36: Treatment
Chapter 37: Messages
Chapter 38: Scorpion
Chapter 39: One Plus
Chapter 40: Timeless
Chapter 41: Daedalus
Chapter 42: Knowing
Chapter 43: Accident
Chapter 44: Prototype
Chapter 45: War!
Chapter 46: One Way
Chapter 47: Little Ship
Chapter 48: Deep And Dreamless Slumber
Chapter 49: Medical
Chapter 50: Final Chapter

Chapter 26: Help

7 2 0
By Howie0107

"Bodi, please... I've learned my lesson... I won't be mean to you again. Can you please get the ice?" Kai asked, a bit more patient this time, the suns were firmly set, and it was freezing, being away from the fire, Kai was now dangerously close to the point that no Omeocoon wanted to reach, he was freezing, the semi-fluidic nature of their bodies made any sort of intense cold or heat deadly. "I know I've been kinda hard on you... but—" Bodi interjected, "Apologies don't have 'but' at the end of them, Kai." Bodi came hovering over his brother like a spaceship in orbit of a planet, his hands forming tight fists positioned at his sides, his frown persistent. Kai navigated this terrain lightly, "You're right...but please just help me. I'm sorry for being so hard on you, I do it for your own good. You know?"

"Uh, no you don't..! You do it to make yourself feel good about being in control of my life. I don't know if it's some kind of thing with you, but I'm tired of it."

"You make it sound like I'm keeping you prisoner or something," Kai said casually, perhaps smooth talking would convince Bodi that he was genuinely sorry. Because he was.

"You are, now stop struggling with it!" To that, Kai shrunk back into his shell, no matter how much Bodi wanted Kai to understand— he could not, "I do get it, Kai, you like 'tough love,' but not when you're the one getting it. But don't worry, I'll keep you there until you get better." Bodi said unemotionally, Kai's eyes widened and he moved, the wave of pain washing over him, he attempted to shuffle away from his brother, "No Bodi... please, no more. You've hurt me... you've won!" Kai panicked, "Now let it go. You're under a lot of stress... I'm not surprised you've reacted this way— being in charge is a big deal. But a part of being a leader is listening to your crew. I'm trying to change your mind here!" Kai chortled nervously, dryly, and painfully. He attempted to force a weak grin. "Please... make me an ice pack." Bodi glared at Kai, he stared for a minute, perhaps a minute and thirty seconds, before he stepped out of Kai's view, Kai could hear Bodi's feet crunching beneath the snow just outside of the cave, this was followed by the shuffling of something, more snow. Bodi returned and took Kai by his underarms suddenly, Kai screamed in misery and shock. "Oh, don't be such a baby!" Bodi huffed. He dragged Kai all the way to the fire and sat him up against the wall of the cave closest to the fire.

Kai squeezed his eyes shut as Bodi pressed the ice pack up against his chest. "Hold it here," Bodi instructed, he wasn't going to hold it. Kai reluctantly agreed, now that he was sitting up, moving his arms was much better, and the warmth the fire was providing was much better. "Thanks, Bode," Kai replied, sighing in relief. Bodi went back to his thermal blanket, and now he actually felt strange about watching his brother suffer... it was certainly not a normal reaction. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319 59 77
With Omeocoon still in shambles, the heroes: Tommy, Russell, Maxion, Cam, Kipp, and a bunch of new friends! Continue their journey of rebuilding thei...
168 1 26
In Zootopia where anyone can be anything some things are still forbidden. Judy is confronted with a choice between suffering the consequences of prot...
190 17 7
A guide to the world of Codename Alpha, and the planet Valdera, home to a bunch of bipedal bears, dogs, cats, and hyenas. The little you do, and the...
5.9K 193 24
A human prisoner's space pod crash lands on an alien planet full of strong anthropomorphic creatures. Now, he has to face the unknown wonders--and da...