Space Bunnies!

By Howie0107

Kai and Bodi are adventurers and brothers of a fallen tribe family. The two set off on their journey of explo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Kai & Bodi
Chapter 2: For Hire
Chapter 3: Sailing
Chapter 4: Kai's Dream
Chapter 5: Bodi & Moth
Chapter 6: Phantom Merge
Chapter 7: Jerk
Chapter 8: Docking
Chapter 9: The Plaza
Chapter 10: Bodi's Quiet Time
Chapter 11: Spire
Chapter 12: Maxion's Invasion
In Between The Lines
Chapter 13: M
Chapter 14: Probe
Chapter 15: The Mission
Chapter 16: Off
Chapter 17: Double-Back
Chapter 18: Farewell
Chapter 19: Today
Chapter 20: Turbulence
Chapter 21: Spiral
Chapter 22: Alone
Chapter 24: Cold
Chapter 25: Bones
Chapter 26: Help
Chapter 27: Forced Sabbatical
Chapter 28: Shapeshifting
Chapter 29: Catatonia
Chapter 30: Onward
Chapter 31: Bruce
Chapter 32: Solo
Chapter 33: Kai Is Busy
Chapter 34: Refugees
Chapter 35: Save
Chapter 36: Treatment
Chapter 37: Messages
Chapter 38: Scorpion
Chapter 39: One Plus
Chapter 40: Timeless
Chapter 41: Daedalus
Chapter 42: Knowing
Chapter 43: Accident
Chapter 44: Prototype
Chapter 45: War!
Chapter 46: One Way
Chapter 47: Little Ship
Chapter 48: Deep And Dreamless Slumber
Chapter 49: Medical
Chapter 50: Final Chapter

Chapter 23: The Cave

4 1 0
By Howie0107

The top hatch was now fully open, Bodi poked his head out to more snow. His sight shifted across a valley of white, and his emotions translated onto his face to form a stunned gaze, as he saw not only the side of a mountain but snow everywhere! An Omeocoon's worst nightmare— it was freezing, the sun was out, or rather suns. This moon had three of them. This was quadrant four alright, it was known for being extremely bizarre. Bodi slowly exited the ship, there was a good deal of trees around, but they were seasoned by a layer of snow making the area look like a winter wonderland, Bodi was curious as to how the planet it orbited looked. He couldn't even believe that he was wondering what kind of animals were in the area... he couldn't help it, it's what he wanted to do. But right now, he needed to survive, otherwise, he wouldn't be discovering anything.

Fortunately, biology was on his side. He didn't need food, he could go a few more hours without regenerating, but what he did need was warmth and shelter. Because if it started raining, he would die. Bodi climbed slowly, then he slipped... he lost his footing, and screamed in horror as he went on a slip-and-slide through the forest, twists and turns. His body collided with rocks, and branches tore up his jacket, which left certain parts of his body chilly, and he tumbled and landed in a foot of snow. Bodi mumbled in pain and stood up. Pain. He didn't have bones to break, but he did have pain to feel, and he would certainly be bruised, and he could bleed. If someone X-rayed an Omeocoon of Bodi's generation, they would find that they are through-and-through a gelatinous membrane. A full body cavity that is essentially without organs, but filled with this gel that gives them their form, and their shapeshifting abilities. This internal gel is a combination of different enzymes that make up a vital part of an Omeocoon's body. If an Omeocoon were to share a part of their gel as a part of body separation, they actually give an outer piece of their gel. Not the inner-gel. Because it's like donating blood— it requires a needle.

As the life force for the Omeocoon, this can easily be transplanted from one to another if required. Bodi looked at his arm and realized that the universe had blessed him with a deep cut, the pain hadn't quite reached him just yet, because what he saw up ahead was worth his attention much more than some silly cut. A cave! An actual cave! Bodi limped out of fatigue and pain, toward his new shelter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319 59 77
With Omeocoon still in shambles, the heroes: Tommy, Russell, Maxion, Cam, Kipp, and a bunch of new friends! Continue their journey of rebuilding thei...
57 18 16
Gauge and Polly, a team serving in the dynamic patrol in the year 2499. This story is set well after the events of 'Gel: Squad.' Polly is the 25th Om...
598 24 6
When the Earth's population grows close to a trillion, there isn't space for all those people anymore. The only way humanity can continue is putting...
3.8K 153 14
This story is about the young prodigy Grant Alan, a scholar turned telekinetic, surviving in a strange new world after the colossal science vessel, t...