Everyone Is Reborn Except The...

By Mnlopabcd123

If there was one thing Ver despise the most, it was responsibility, and as the eldest of the Duke's children... More

Prologue
1: Leaving the manor
2: Roommate
3: Troublemaker
4: Eventful day
5: Mistaken?
6: Confront
7: Skipped Class To Nap
8: Rebirth and Justice

9: A Letter From Home

2.5K 134 21
By Mnlopabcd123

Relief washed over the already tired students as the bell rang for the last time. The once quiet halls turned lively again as students dashed out of their respective classrooms and lecture rooms. Carriages both owned by nobility and for hire carriages lined up outside the academy's entrances.

As Amelia headed towards the south entrance, where her carriage waited, she unexpectedly was greeted by a familiar face.

Her eyes brightened as she shouted, "Brother!"

Ver instinctively reached to hold his sister's bag. With his unoccupied hand, he opened the carriage door and then held it out for her sister to hold on to as she went inside the carriage with ease.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you staying at the dorms tonight? Have you decided to go back? Have you encountered problems at the dorm?" She asked as soon as she sat down.

Ver chuckled at her enthusiasm. After sitting across from her, Ver patiently answered her questions one by one, "I'm here for a free ride home, It depends on how long father will scold me, and no, I haven't encountered any."

"Is that so? I thought you'd come back.... never mind." Her head cast down as she attempted to hide the disappointment in her eyes.

Ver pretended not to notice and asked, "Have you finished your recent commission?"

"Halfway done."

"Taking a break?"

"No, I ran out of paint."

Ver smiled as he opened the small hatchet on the front and ordered the coachman, "Stop by at the market."

Amelia raised her head.

Before Amelia could open her mouth to ask, Ver explained, "Buy more paint."

"But—"

"Don't worry, my talk with father isn't that urgent." Ver then watched as a small smile bloomed from her sister's lips. His gaze softened at the sight.

                               •~•~•

As the carriage stopped Ver first got out. He held his left hand out for his sister to hold as she descended the carriage. Amelia excitedly held his hand as she jumped out.

"Let's go this instant!" She cheered as she pulled her brother towards an old art shop.

Ver smiled as he let his sister drag him inside the shop and into several isles.

As Amelia picked out the paints she wanted, Ver looked around and saw, at the very back of the bottom shelf, a purple jewel less vibrant than any F-grade magic stone.

'Since when did an art shop sell jewels?' Ver thought to himself as he grabbed the purple jewel. With just a touch Ver raised a brow.

The jewel was cut poorly into a pentagon and was covered in dust and soot.

'Strange.' Ver thought as he wiped it with his sleeves.

"Brother, found anything that interest you?" Amelia asked as she carried a basket full of all kinds of art materials.

"I'm buying this." Ver said as he threw the jewel into the basket.

"That's...it looks ugly."

"I know. I'll give it to Sonny as a gift."

"He won't accept it. Maybe he'll even throw it at you."

"Then I'll throw it back at him."

Amelia smiled helplessly.

Ver took the basket from her and carried it to the front desk. The shopkeeper, who also served as the cashier greeted the two with a smile.

"Uncle Sean, you still look dashing as ever with that smile." Ver said playfully as he stared at the older man's missing front teeth.

Amelia giggled as she lightly slapped her brother's arm.

The old man chuckled heartily before he spoke, "Boy, I'll beat you up if you keep messing with me!"

The shopkeeper then inspected the items one by one.

"Oh? What's this?" He said as he brought out the jewel from the basket. The older man frowned at the horrible quality of the jewel if you can even call it that.

Ver raises his brow slightly as he observes the older man's confused expression.

"Brother picked it up at the very back of the paint aisle" Amelia answered.

"Such quality doesn't even meet the standards. I'll just give it for free." He then handed it to Amelia, which she then handed to Ver.

The shopkeeper then .packed the items inside paper bags.

Ver handed a small pouch and said, "As usual, keep the change."

The shopkeeper took a peek and saw that it was filled with gold coins again. He felt panicked at the amount but then sighed in acceptance as he watched the siblings walk out.

                             ~·+•+·~

Sinclair Manor, Duke Sinclair's study.

Gloved hands rested on the wooden armrest. Silver eyes menacingly stared at the door, waiting patiently.

*Tap

*Tap

*Tap

With each tap of his finger, sweat dribbled down the consultants' foreheads. It's been hours and still, the first young master had yet to appear.

With a clack, the door opened. The consultants held their breaths as they awaited for the young master, however instead of the carefree young man, they were greeted by the sight of the head butler.

"The first young master had just arrived, milord."

The tapping stopped.

"Where is he then?"

The head butler gulped before answering, "In his bedroom, milord."

A vein throbbed visibly on the Duke's forehead. He gritted his teeth as he clutched the armrest with his hand, a crack could then be heard as it was crushed under the pressure.

"Drag him here immediately."

Within minutes the door opened again.

"Good afternoon gents!" Ver strode in, smiling ear to ear as if he didn't purposely delay their meeting. He sat on the sofa, crossing his legs together as he leaned back and rested his arms on the armrests. His bright smile only made the Duke's right eye twitch.

"Afternoon? I believe the term evening is more appropriate." Each word uttered by the Duke increasingly grew louder and was pronounced more aggressively.

Ver shrugged his shoulders and replied nonchalantly, "Afternoon, evening, lunch, breakfast, call it whatever you want."

Such bold words made the consultants in the room silently gasp.

"Where have you been? Did we not agree that you shall be picked up by a carriage at three? Have you forgotten such an important discussion?!"

"Oops, temporary memory loss. Seems like I'm getting old. Any medicine you can recommend?"

"Ver." He said, clenching his molars. He felt as if he'd grow old by a year every time his oldest son spoke.

Ver chuckled however his gaze was cold. He had always looked at his so-called father this way, it was cold and distant as if the man was nothing but a stranger. He continued, his tone more teasing than before, "But y'know, I can always drop by anytime. No need for this meeting thing. It's just too extra."

"KIRSTEN!" Another crack sounded as the Duke's other armrest broke.

Ver rolled his eyes and admitted, "Fineeee~ I was just loosening up this depressing atmosphere."

"It would not have been this depressing if you had attended in time!"

Ver reached inside his coat and casually threw his prototype bomb at one of the consultants, causing the unlucky guy to almost faint as he caught it. He then stood up from his seat and laid a folded piece of paper on the Duke's desk.

"Here. Test it out and tell me what requires a fix." Ver said briefly before turning towards the door.

The Duke rubbed the bridge of his nose. Seeing that his son was eager to leave, he commanded, "Stop."

Ver continued to walk as if he heard nothing.

"A knight from that town visited."

Ver froze, his hand gripping the door nob. He then turned back, his smile still playful as he asked, "What do you want?"

"The territory needs to expand, but those pesky beasts are in the way."

"Then send in more men."

"No, I can't waste them for something of less importance. Develop a weapon for me. One that can be used by the common folk, and those defects."

"Old man, you disgust me." Ver sneered as he reached out his hand, his middle finger raised more slightly than the rest, as if intentional.

The Duke scoffed slightly as he snapped his fingers, alerting the consultants who stood and watched the father-son bonding unfold.

A consultant then walked to Ver, handing him the letter. Just as Ver opened the door, he looked back as he stuffed the letter in his coat.

"Just a reminder, I prefer gold not check."

The door then closed shut.

Ver walked to a corner, his lips raised to a playful smile once more as he met eyes with his youngest brother. Clad in his training clothes, Wilson looked at him inquiringly as a flash of jealousy could be seen in his reflective silver eyes.

"Son~ny~ finished training?" Ver said in a singsong way as he approached his youngest brother.

A look of pure disgust washed over Wilson's face tired face.

"How many times must I warn, do not call me that! Especially in such a repulsive way."

"Guess what, your handsome older brother had gotten his allowance~" Ver said as he swung his arm around his brother's shoulder. Although they were a year apart, Wilson was slowly catching up in height, only a few inches more and he'll finally be taller than Ver.

"What does that got to do with me?! And stop that!" Wilson slapped away Ver's arm. A flicker of annoyance as well as amusement could be easily seen from his eyes.

Ver grinned mischievously as he ruffled his younger brother's well-combed hair. He then made a run for it as Wilson reached for the hilt of his sword that rested on his hip.

Wilson took a step forward, wanting to chase after his annoying brother but he didn't. His eyes shifted back to that particular corner, where his father's study was located as well as where that frustrating brother of his walked out from.

"Allowance....huh..." He mumbled, his slight frown unknowingly eased.

                              •~•~•

Ver hummed a relaxing tune as he approached his room. He brought out the letter inside his coat and read it silently. His hold on the paper grew increasingly strong as the edge in which he held crumpled. He hid the letter back to his coat and fell into deep thought as entered his room.

"....fucking...nobles..." He muttered.

Ver took off his coat and threw it on a random chair. He walked to a shelf and took out books upon books and laid them on his desk, blowing away a few papers.

He sat on his chair and grabbed a pencil, which was already the size of his index finger due to its constant usage.

As the sky grew dark, crumpled papers and pencil shavings scattered the floor and on the top of Ver's desk. He scribbled profusely, struggling slightly due to the size of his pencil. The tip of the pencil broke as a knock startled Ver.

"Brother, are you there?"

His frown disappeared as he hurriedly opened the door and greeted his sister with a gentle smile.

"It's getting late, why are you still up?"

Amelia's mood visibly cheered up. Her voice more lively as she exclaimed, "I thought you'd go back to the dorms."

She peeked inside Ver's bedroom and caught a glimpse of the mess.

"Is brother design—" her words were cut short as Ver ruffled her hair. She let out a frustrated groan as she fixed her hair.

Ver closed the door behind him and turned to asked, "Lia, would you like to go back home?"

Amelia looked up.

"Huh?....Is brother referring to Aunt Kathy's?"

"Yeah. I got a letter and it said she misses us greatly."

Amelia grew silent as she fell into deep thought.

Ver smiled as he sighed. He poked his sister's head and said in a soft and hushed voice, "You don't have to make the decision now, we can go whenever you want."

"Oh...okay."

He chuckled at her response.

"Have you had dinner yet?" Ver asked.

"No, not yet."

"Then let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 54.8K 23
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
361K 22.7K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
581K 16.7K 22
Beau HATES Oliver Fowler. But Oliver doesn't hate Beau.. quite the opposite actually. Oliver is the univeristies 'Golden Boy', adored and admired by...
2.7M 178K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...