Anything Could Happen

By DreamingToSmile

When Aisha takes part in the biggest audition of her life, her path crosses with her idol: Mr Darren Criss. ... More

Wanna Be startin' Somethin'
New York State Of Mind
Just Can't Get Enough
You're Never fully Dressed Without a Smile
Hello (the Jessie and Rachel duet)
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Smooth Criminal
Somewhere Only We Know
Hate On Me
Isn't She Lovely
Glad You Came
Up Up Up for the Good Show
Hate On Me (Part 2)
Bust A Move
A Thousand Years
Don't Speak
Cry
Need You Now
Stand By You
Get Happy/ Happy Days are Here Again
You're All I need To Get By
In Memory
Hello, I Love You
Light Up the World
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
I Could Have Danced All Night
Say
Halo/Walking On Sunshine
Barely Breathing
Roots Before Braches
Something's Coming

Candles

1.2K 23 19
By DreamingToSmile

Darren’s POV

 I am going to KILL Chris Colfer!!!

  Whilst I was stood right in front of Aisha, he decides it’s a good idea to start having an argument with me about her. With, in case you didn’t get it the first time, Aisha stood right in front of me!

He was asking me whether I liked her or not, from across the room, when anyone could be watching us and, if I haven’t already made it clear enough, SHE WAS STOOD RIGHT INFRONT OF ME!

 I am going to KILL HIM!!!

<><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>When I finished righting this little bit I suddenly got this line in my head:

“I’M IN RAGE!!! THIS IS THE MADDEST I’VE EVER BEEN!!!”

I HAD to put that there! I’m sorry; it’s my mad love for Starkid overpowering me!!! :D

 You will only get that if you’re a Starkid fan…

Sorry to everyone else!

Anyway, back with story:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

I look at Aisha, who was now talking to Annie. She must have come in at some point when I wasn’t paying attention. I walk over to them and hear Aisha replying to what seemed like a question Annie had asked.

 “I think so…” She sighs and laughs slightly. “Oh, I don’t know!!” She sticks out her bottom lip out at Annie to express her annoyance.

 “What’s going on?” I ask casually as I come up behind her.

 Aisha jumps again and I put my hands lightly on her waist to steady her as she was about to fall. “You have to stop doing that!” She turns and glares at me again.

 I laugh and say hi to Annie before turning back to Aisha. She’s still glaring at me….

 I raise an eyebrow and pout slightly and she laughs and lets go of her glare.

I smile back at her, satisfied.

 “So, what song shall we do??” She asks me.

 “Well, it has to be one of my songs so which of them do you like most??” I ask smiling slyly.

 “Oh my gosh, guys, you HAVE to do Candles!!!!!”

 I look at Aisha and she smiles and shrugs at me as if to say “Why not?”

 “Let’s do that then!” I say.

 “Wait! Do you know the chords?” She looks at me expectantly.

“I think so…” I laugh and say “I’ll go talk to Ryan and then I’ll show you what I know.”

 “We could probably work it out by ear as I have it on my phone,” she tells me, taking out her phone from her back pocket.

“Let’s do that then. Yeah, that should work. Be back in a sec,” I tell her, distractedly. I was actually watching Chris in the corner of my eye, who seemed to be desperately attempting to gain my undivided attention.

 I walk away to find Ryan.

Aisha’s POV

 I slip my phone out of my pocket and show it to Darren.

“Let’s do that then. Yeah, that should work. Be back in a sec,” He seems distracted. Wonder what that’s about…

 He seems to be watching Chris out of the corner of his eye, their probably arguing again. I shake my head and look over at Annie.

 “So…” She looks at me expectantly.

 “So….?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

 “Do you like him?” She sidles next to me and lowers her voice to a whisper.

 “I thought I already answered that for you…” I say, throwing her a puzzled glance.

 “Yeah, but then Darren interrupted us, so…”

 “That’s all you’re getting. What I said before. Full stop.” I say smiling at her. I turn and head towards where my guitar was sat at the side of the room.

 I unpack it and set it up, playing some random tunes to warm my fingers up. I smile as I run through the backing of Darren’s own song-“Don’t you.”

I sing the lyrics softly to myself and suddenly realise that I wasn’t the only one singing.

 Darren had sidled up behind me without me noticing and had started singing with me.

“It’s a shame we can’t do that song,” I tell him, softly, when we finish.

 “I know, but we should really start on Candles. Ryan says we only have an hour to put something together!”

 I whistle softly and pass him my phone telling him: “Go into music and there’s a glee album, Candles is somewhere in there.” I put some emphasise on the word ‘somewhere’ and widen my eyes as I say it.

 An idea suddenly pops into my head. “Do you have a keyboard, here?” I ask him.

 “Yeah, there should be one somewhere on set.” He says, mimicking me. I nudge him in the ribs for that.

I then smile slyly.

“Let’s go on a hunt then.”

Darren’s POV

 I smile at her and realize that her phone was still in my hand. I look at it, intending to find the song and play it a few times to get it on my head.

Instead I look down….

And find myself staring at myself.

It was a picture that was taken at leakycon 2011, where I had my tongue stuck out and a big smile on my face. I think it was after the Ginny song I did with Jamie and then said it was for Evanna….Wow this is weird…And slightly flattering…

 “Did you find the song?” That was Aisha; she was walking half a step behind me with her guitar in hand.

 “Huh? Oh, yeah.” I quickly open up her Glee Album and flick through it till I find “Candles.”

 I press play and show her the phone. She starts singing along to Chris’ part.

 I come in when I’m supposed to and we end up going through the whole song by the time we reach the main music/ recording room.

I tell her to wait and I sneak inside really quietly.

 Luckily, there wasn’t anyone in there, so I quickly grab one of the high-tech battery powered keyboards from the side of the room and come back out.

 She smiles at me when she sees the keyboard.

 When we get back to the dance studio, she passes me her guitar; well more like thrusts it into my hands before grabbing the keyboard and elapsing into those musical phases that all musicians get. Those ones where we really want to work out how to play a song and add different instruments to it and build and add to it.

 She starts messing with all the sounds saving each one as she goes and, I must admit, it was pretty darn amazing watching her work. She notices me staring at her at this point.

 “Are you just going stand there and stare, or are you going to help me with this?” She asks, raising an eyebrow. I snap out of whatever trance I’d been in and walk over to sit beside her so that my shoulder was pressed against hers.

 I look at what she’s saved and grab her phone from where it was in my pocket.  I play the piece of music back, trying to match the notes. We work collaboratively in silence for a while, but it wasn’t an awkward silence, just….comfortable.

  I pick up her guitar and start matching some of the chords on the keyboard to the guitar. She looks at me and smiles before saying: “Shall we try form the beginning? With you on the guitar and me on the keyboard and we’ll see how it goes?”

“Yeah, sure,” I smile as she starts a string beginning we added on the keyboard. I fill in where the main voice of the warblers came in on the guitar. She starts singing Chris’ part and I can’t supress a smile. She just had such a lovely voice.

I almost miss my part as I was lost in my thoughts, and she throws me a puzzled glance as I come in a millisecond late. I just smile at her and start bouncing slowly so that she could tell I was concentrating on the music.

 I keep eye contact with her through most of the song as we are musicians and that is what we do. I don’t know what it might have looked out from the outside but it wasn’t awkward to us.

 I winked at her half way through and then ended up laughing at her blush as she tried to carry on singing one of her solo parts.

 “That was really good. You were really good!” I say, smiling.

 She blushes and looks like she’s about to say something when she stops, looking at something over my shoulder.

 Before I could turn and look, someone grabs my shoulder and spins me round to face them. I find myself face to face with Chris, who did NOT look happy.

 “You stole our song!” He gestures to him and his partner, a girl who was stood behind him, kind of looking like she was trying hard not to laugh.

 She raises her eyebrows at me and looks at Chris. I look at Chris who is still glaring at me accusingly.

 “What?” I say, raising an eyebrow.

 “We were going to sing Candles but Ryan said someone else was singing it. That can only mean you two, because I don’t see any Warblers in here!” He spreads his arms out and looks around the room to prove his point, and then he glares at me again.

 “Alright Chris, calm down! We got there first so we get to sing the song,” I say glancing back to smile at Aisha.

 “DARREN!”

 “CHRIS!”

 “DARRREEENN!”

 CHRIIIISSS!”

“Chris, I’m serious: FIND ANOTHER SONG!” I smile at him as I push him away. His partner bursts out laughing at this point and then grabs Chris’ arm and pulls him away.

 I turn back to Aisha, shaking my head and smiling. I find her sat on the floor, cross legged, looking down at her phone with wide eyes.

Aisha’s POV

 WHY DID I NOT REALISE BEFORE???

 My phones screensaver is of Darren. Darren used my phone. Meaning Darren saw it. He knows. He knows I’m a massive fangirl.

 What is he going to think of me? He probably thinks I’m some big, weirdo, freak fan…

 AAARGGHHHH!!!

 “Something wrong?” Darren asks, snapping me back into the present here and now.

 “Hmm?” I say.

 “Is everything okay?” He asks, bending down so that he’s sat on his heels, feet bent. He rests his arms on his knees and puts his hands together. He looks at me, concerned.

 “Oh, yeah, everything’s fine!” I smile slightly, and start fussing with the sounds on the keyboard.

 “I think we need some more reverb on the stardust sound that we put on the chorus, what do you think?” I ask, glancing up at him as I change the subject.

 “Oh, okay.” He sounds reluctant to change the subject.

 “Here, I’ll sort it,” He reaches forward at the same time as I do and our hands touch at the dial. Before I could pull back, he grabs hold of my hand and guides it over the keyboard to change the reverb level. He keeps his eyes on mine throughout. I blush lightly but don’t move.

 “RIGHT! Guys, okay, that’s your time over. Performance time!!” Ryan grabs our attention and calls us together.

  We all run through our performances, Darren and I performing last. Lea and her partner, someone called Matt, performed A Change Will Do You Good from the Makeover episode at the beginning of the season.

 Cory was working with a guy called Sam and they did Jukebox Hero from the episode before the Glease one. Cory was rocking out on the Drums and Sam was killing it on the guitar.

 Heather performed with a girl called Eve and they did Run the World from last season. This was a pretty awesome performance as they joined in with all the dance steps.

Diana was working with a girl called Sasha and they performed I feel Pretty/Unpretty from a few seasons ago. This was definitely the slower, prettier performance.

Mark decided to do Need You Now from season two….I think. With his partner, Aria. LOVE THAT NAME!

 Naya and her partner nailed their performance of Smooth Criminal from the MJ episode in Season 3. She was working with a guy called Will.

 Amber performed with a guy called Dylan and they nailed their performance of Human Nature which was also from the MJ episode from last season. It was very sweet.

 Kevin was working with a girl called Sasha, and they performed a rendition of Dancing with Myself from Season 1. They did a very cute dance to go along it.

 Chris was obviously with his vey blushing partner, called Charlotte and they performed Chris’s AWESOME song cover: Some People!!

 And now, well now it’s our turn and we’re sat opposite each other on the floor, sidelong to the rest of the room. I look at him and keep eye contact whilst pressing down on the first chord on the keyboard.

 I keep eye contact with him practically throughout the whole song, both of us only glance down if necessary to the instrument we were playing.

 When we finish we are greeted with lots of applaud and he smiles up at me. We get up and take a bow and then I feel his arm slip slightly round my waist and I do the same to him after a moment’s hesitation.

 “Okay, well, I’ve decided, and I would say that the winner to that round has to be….” He looks around at everyone and Darren and I instinctively squeeze each other more tightly. He looks at me and we both laugh lightly.

 “Come on, Ryan. Who is it?!?” That’s Chris.

 “The winners are…Naya and Will!! Close seconds are Darren and Aisha!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 74 1
35.1K 762 70
Just some random klaine/CrissColfer one- shots I do not own the characters and show or songs used If you have an prompt ideas private message me and...
13.3K 151 35
Do you remember the time when Mike's father had told Mike he can apply to a dance school? The best dance school? Well, that meant Tina had sent Mike'...
30.6K 1.1K 25
Kurt has come back from New York and went to a welcome back party. When Blaine comes into the kitchen, he see's Kurt. They get to talking and become...