Redemption: Giyushino Story

By GiyuShow

Manga spoilers !!! After The final battle with muzan, the water piller lives a peaceful but boring life. As e... More

Suddenly back in time
A realization of reality
The Talk
The training begins
The training arc
Training arc Part 2/ Bonding
Aftermath of Training/ First Encounter
Changes have consequences
Secrets Kept
Future Plans and Spars
First Action
Difficulties of persuasion
The little things matter to
Akaza vs Giyuu: preparation
Akaza vs Giyuu
Reckless Aftermath
A possible turning point
Enemies to frenemies?
The flaws we share
Feelings of jealousy
A selfish or wise choice ?
Unexpected turn
A Hollow Victory
"Only I can convince Kocho..."
Behind the Mask

A sword doesn't define strength

3.7K 117 154
By GiyuShow

9,700 wore chapter, get comfy.

By the way Tomioka will refer to Gyutarro as "the male demon" or "the brother" since he doesn't know his name.

Giyuu POV:

        Could it be... my sword was damaged from a fight with Akaza... and I failed to notice...

        I looked at my sword. It was unusable now, there was no blade left on the hilt.

       "How unlucky..." Uppermoon Six started to smile.

        "You'll pay for that you brat!" The other uppermoon six stood behind me.

          I was surrounded by the two as I tried to calm down. I tossed my sword aside as I put myself in a defensive position.

Not good...

       The brother was standing in front of me as he showed a malicious smile. The sister stood directly behind me, it looks the two will rush at the same time from my front side and back.

       In an instant, the two rushed toward me from both directions. The brother got to me first as he swung his kama toward my shoulder, I quickly leaned back and dodged. Multiple obi sashes swung towards me to which I quickly leaped over. The two of them quickly gathered back their attacks and rushed toward me again.

       The sister jumped off the brother and sprung toward me at a higher speed swinging her sashes. I quickly slide under the attack and dodge it, but the brother was right there waiting as he swung both his Kama in an X-pattern. I quickly rolled over and dodged the initial attack, but he continued to which I used my hands and sprung myself above him.

        "Stand still, don't make this hard on yourself!" The sister yelled.

       How am I supposed to fight this? I can only dodge their attacks, there's no way for me to hurt them without my sword.

         "Flying Blood sickles!" He yelled.

       Three blood sickles flew toward me as I quickly rolled out of the way of the first one. The second one was directed at the ground, so I quickly leaped over it and the third one was directed towards aimed toward my head as I swiftly ducked. More Obi sashes attacked from my right side as I swiftly moved out of the way.

       I can't get hit, one hit from the male upper moon and I will be poisoned, which will slow me down over time and lead to my downfall, but at the same time, there's nothing I can do. I don't how long I can keep dodging.

        "How does it feel?! To be so helpless!" The male upper moon yelled as he attacked me.

        He swung his Kama toward my head as I ducked underneath it. His sister jumped off his back and attacked using her Obi sashes in the air, to which I rolled out of the way. Her attacks, their still slow, but with the two of them working in coordination, it's getting effective.

        She lunged toward me and attacked. I quickly jumped onto a roof to get out of her range. The sashes struck the building, causing the roof to start to collapse. I quickly leap off the building onto another. I have to stay out of their range.

        The brother leaped onto the opposite building in front of me and ran towards me. I turned around and ran in the opposite direction, however, the sister cut me off and attacked. Instead of dodging, I slide under her attack and continued to run as I outran the attack itself.

        "What the !" She yelled in shock.

      "Flying blood sickles!" He yelled

       He attacked with his blood sickles, but I was running too fast for it to reach me and it fell short. There's only one thing I can do in this situation and that is to find Uzui-san and Kocho. I didn't want them to get involved, I didn't want this to happen but... there was no other choice right now.

       I continued to run along the rooftops as I was pursued by the pair, but I was simply too fast for them to keep up with. I started to slow down my pace and allow them to catch up, I can't lose them. If I lose them, I might not be able to find them again. I have to bring one of the Hashira here, while I hold them off.

       "Stop running like a rat!" She yelled.

        I leaped across the street onto another building. However, I stopped myself from running as I noticed a lot of people walking across the street. Crap! I didn't think about that, if I continue to run, I'll lead them to more people. I turned around and started running back to where we fought. I have to keep them in the area that's already been evacuated.

         The pair pursued me again mindlessly. They seem intent on killing me, especially the sister, which I find odd. I don't get it, why would Muzan keep someone like her as an upper moon? I think he only values the brother, but the brother won't fight without his sister, so the pair together are the upper moon.

        "You can only run for so long!" The brother taunted.

       At the very least right now, I'm much faster than the two when it comes to running, if need be, I can simply outrun them and their attacks. I jumped off the building and landed back towards where we started the fight.

      The two of them jumped down and stood there.

      "How long are we continuing this cat and mouse again?" The brother asked.

      "Just give up, your nothing without your sword..." His sister laughed.

      Just keep them hear, until the other two arrive. How will inform them if they keep constantly attacking me?

      The two of them charged at me with their attacks. I quickly jumped up to another roof, however, her Obi sashes still reached me. I quickly dodged the slash, before jumping back down. The brother attacked with his Kama's, but I just dodged them.

      Even if I don't have a sword, it doesn't change my reactional awareness. The sister is still weak, and her attacks are slow. The brother's attacks are faster, but I'm still able to dodge. The issue here is how long I can keep this up, they'll continue to constantly attack.

       I can't make a mistake in judgment here, one mistake and one of these attacks will hit me. They don't have to worry about mistakes since I can't attack them. I gripped my fist in frustration. I can't believe I failed to notice the condition of my sword.

     The bigger issue here is I need to find a way to communicate to the others for help, but I can't call my crow, since they constantly keep attacking, nor can I run over to them because that would mean running into people and putting their life in danger. Uzui-san's wife is currently trying to get the people to evacuate, but she's only done so for this area.

     "Flying Blood sickles!" He attacked me again.

      I swiftly roll out of the way of the attacks, however, he redirected them toward me. I jumped back as the attacks struck the ground. Before I could land Obi slashes swung toward me. I can't dodge in midair! Crap!

     With no other choice, I took off my Haori and used it to soften the attack as it struck me toward the ground. I land on my feet, but before I can move, the brother instantly swung towards me rapidly. I swiftly run back and get out of the range of his attacks.

          I put my Haori back as I observe the two. There's nothing I can use to fight the two. The only thing I have on is my rope, but with the brother's kama's it will be easily ripped to shreds. What do I do? I can't communicate with the others or attack them, I'm a sitting duck here!

         "Tomioka-sama!" I suddenly heard my name.

         I looked behind and I noticed it was Uzui-san's wife: Hinatsuru.

         "This entire area has been evacuated, but there's still work to be done- Is that the upper moon?!" She yelled.

           "Get out of here-

          The upper moon swiftly attacked taking advantage of my distraction. He swung towards my torso, but I managed to lean back instinctively as his Kama's cut through my uniform.

           It barely missed my skin, it only cut through my uniform. I quickly jumped back and avoided the rest of his slashes.

          "Where is your sword?!" She yelled.

          "It's broken! I need you to find Uzui-san and the others and break them here!" I yelled.

          She'll be able to communicate with Uzui-san! All I need to do is to continue dodging until she can get them. over here.

          "Where is Tengen-sama- Watch out!" She yelled.

            I ducked under his slash, before sliding down and away from his attack. Daki's slashes swung toward me, however, I used my hands and sprung myself off the ground and avoided the attack. I land on my feet as I jump back on towards a building.

           "He's northwest of here! Outskirts of the town! There should be a cavern there! Find him and bring him here!" I yelled.

            "What about you? Will you be okay without a sword!" She asked.

             "I'll be fine! Just get the others here!" I yelled.

            "SHUT UP!" The brother yelled and ran towards Hinastsuru

           Sh**! He's targeting her! I need to get her out of here safely. I ran quickly over to her.

           "RUN!" I screamed.

           She quickly noticed the upper moon running towards her and started running. However, she was still slow as the upper moon jumped onto the building. He's going to catch up to her!

         I started running towards her, but the sister blocked my path and swung her Sashes at me. Before she could even swing, I run towards her with all my speed and push her out of the way.

         "AH!" She screamed as I saw the uppermoon was about to strike her.

          There's no way I can close the gap that quickly! Sh**! Wait! I suddenly noticed the hilt of my sword on the ground. I quickly picked it up and throw it as fast as I could.

          As the upper moon swung toward her, the hilt of my sword struck his wrist causing him to stop his motion. Using the opportunity, I quickly jumped onto the building. He gathered his swing and struck toward her again, but I managed to close the gap and get there.

          Before he could strike her, I grabbed his wrist with all my might and redirected his swing. It missed her and struck the roof.

        "You Annoying b******!" He yelled.

           He started his swinging motion again, but I ducked under it and lunged forward. I struck his torso with my fist. It didn't do any damage, but it was enough force to knock him off the building.

          "That was close..." She breathed heavily.

            "Go now.... I'll make sure they can't follow you..." I tell her.

          She nodded, but before she ran, she took something out and handed it to me.

          "A kunai?" I asked.

          "You don't have your sword... this is the least I can do for saving my life..." She offered.

            I took the kunai. off her hands and nodded.

           "Thank you...." I thanked.

           With that, she started running in the direction of where the other two were.

          "Daki... we have to kill him quickly before the other Hashira get here...." He spoke to her sister.

           So, her name was Daki...

          "Good, the more Hashira, the more attention we will receive from Muzan..." She laughed.

            "You'll need to kill me..." I mutter.

          "Don't worry... we'll do that..." She mocked.

           I held the kunai out and held it in a defensive position.

          "You think you can do any damage with that?" The brother laughed.

          "No... but...

         The brother rushed at me and attacked again, swinging his kama.

        clash!

       "I can block the attacks..." I spoke.

        The brother's eyes widened. There's something else I also noticed. His attacks are just his quick swings and motions along with the poison. Unlike Akaza, There's not a variety of attacks, same with Daki. It makes this fight much easier.

      He swung his Kama's again; however, I blocked it with the Kunai. I can't block with all my physical strength; I clash against it to the point it won't hit me.

      "Daki... we have to kill him quickly... before the other's arrive..." he tells her.

        She nods as the two prepare themselves to launch another attack. I'll hold them off as long as I need to until the other two get here.

Uzui POV:

        Kocho and I managed to find the cavern Tomioka told us about. It was covered in Obi sashes, which is similar to what my wife described.

       "Shall we go inside?" Kocho asked.

       I nodded as the I led the away inside the cavern. The sashes looked almost alive like they were their being. We walked deeper into the cavern as it got narrower and narrower. I suddenly noticed a small hole in the while.

     "Kocho there's a hole in the wall over there..." I point.

    "Ara~ it seems so.." She looked.

      I went towards it before crawling into it. It leads deeper down.

"Is there something there?" I heard Kocho ask.

"It's leading somewhere!" I yell.

I slide down the tunnel which leads into another area. I slowly pick myself up and looked around to see if my wives were anywhere.

"There's another area here!" I spoke.

"Let me know if you find something! I'll wait here!" She replied.

I started walking around the area. This demon has done a lot to protect its "food." I would say this hideout is flamboyant if it weren't a demon. This area would have been impossible to find hadn't Tomioka gotten the information.

I suddenly saw the movement of Obi as I instinctively dodged to the left.

What the hell is that thing?

I quickly take my cleavers and immediately kill them with one swing. It was weak, so surely these sashes aren't an upper moon. I wonder if it was left as a guard to keep intruders out, that would mean it was guarding something. I hope it was wives if that was the case.

As I walked further down, I suddenly picked up the sound of muffled noises. My wives!

I quickly run over to the area of the noises as it got Louder and louder. I turned around the corner and-!

"Makio!" I call out.

Her eyes widen as she started to move.

I quickly ran over to her and sliced off all the sashes around her. She immediately collapsed onto my chest and hugged me.

"Tengen-sama... you're here..." She muttered in relief.

"Of course, I am... it would be unflamboyant of me if I didn't search for my wives..." I softly chuckle.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yes but... Suma!" She suddenly yelled.

"Suma?! Where is she?!" I questioned.

"You have to help her now! I'm fine! But she's the one that's hurt the most!" She revealed.

"Where is she?!" I asked her again.

"That demon! She took her to one of the rooms! follow me!" She tried to get up but started falling from the pain.

I quickly caught her.

"Easy... your hurt..." I picked her up.

"Point me towards her..." I tell her.

She pointed ahead as I noticed another hole. I put her down as I crawled through the hole again, but it wasn't a long tunnel-like last time and I fell straight into another area. I picked myself up and looked around.

I froze in horror.

"Suma!" I yelled.

She was also captured but lay in a pool of blood.

"Suma! Wake up, wake up!" I cried in worry.

"Is she okay Tengen-sama?!" Makio asked.

"No! get Kocho down here! Now! She's at the other hole!" I yelled.

Why is she bleeding so badly? What happened? I noticed where the blood was coming from, and it was from her torso. I quickly wrapped it with a cloth and tightened it to close the bleeding. Did the upper moon try to eat her? What the hell happened?!

"Is this yet?" I heard Kocho ask outside the hole.

"Yes Please! Tengen-sama is inside!" I heard Makio say.

Kocho then appeared emerging from the whole and walked over to me. Her eyes widened as she immediately placed down her medical kit and started treating her.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I don't know...I found her like this.." I told her.

I can hear her breathing and her heartbeat, it's very soft and slow. Please help her Kocho, I can't forgive myself if I let one of my wives die.

"Upon first impression... she has a deep cut on her torso.." She pointed out.

"Makio... what happened? Why is she so injured?" I asked my wife.

"Well... the demon... she picked me to be her next food... but Suma yelled and told her to pick her inside..." She started.

Suma...

"The demon laughed and took her away. She tried to fight when the demon released from her state, but then she got struck in the torso and she got dragged away...." She revealed.

"How long ago was this?" I asked.

"Not long... she was about to absorb Suma, but then she received news of Koinatsu getting married and went to absorb her before she left the district..." She concluded.

I see... Suma was spared because of Koinatsu's news, but she still had that wound on her torso and she slowed bled out.

"Kocho... is she going to be, okay?" I asked.

"I'll need to do emergency surgery right now... the cut is so deep, it struck a vital area in her torso, and she's having internal bleeding..." She explained.

"Can you save her?" I pleaded.

"I'll try my best Uzui-san... but right now I need to focus..." She assured.

"You were very brave Makio... Thank you..." I thanked her.

Makio started to tear up and then suddenly hugged me.

"Thank you... Tengen-sama..."

And... Tomioka... Thank you, without your intel, I'm afraid one of my wives would have been dead by the time we find them.

Suddenly I heard the running footsteps of someone above.

"Tengen-sama!" I heard.

Hinatsuru is here? I thought she was evacuating the people in the district.

"Is that Hinatsuru?! We're done here!" Makio yelled.

"Makio!" She yelled back.

Hinatsuru slid down the tunnel to where we were and ran towards us.

"Makio... you are okay..." She commented.

Makio nodded.

"And.. oh my god! Suma!" She yelled in worry.

"Kocho's treating her... she'll be fine.." I reassured the two.

They both hugged me and I felt their warm embrace. What was I thinking sending my wives to do such a mission that involved another upper moon? I'm sorry you three, it was a task too difficult for you.

"Hinatsuru... I'm flamboyant you got here... but weren't you evacuating the people?" I asked.

"Oh! Oh right! Tengen-sama! It's an emergency. Tomioka-sama has found the uppermoon!" She revealed.

"He did?!" I yelled.

"He's fighting it right now and asked the two of you to come!" She explained.

Is the upper moon so powerful that Tomioka needs more help? Tomioka did defeat upper moon three After all, if the upper moon is giving him this much trouble it has to be powerful.

"Is he having trouble?" I questioned.

"No! He's fighting without a sword!" She revealed.

"What?!" I yelled in disbelief.

"He's doing what ?!" I heard. Kocho behind me yell.

"His sword broke during combat; he's holding them off without a sword! He needs your help immediately!" She asked again.

His sword broke?! Then there's no way he can damage them, he must be just dodging and stalling time until we arrive. Sh**!

I looked back over at Suma. I don't want to leave Suma's side, especially in this state.

"Suma..." I muttered.

"Uzui-san! You have to go help him! I'll make sure I treat your wife's injury! I'll join you two as soon as I'm done." Kocho told me to go.

"But Suma... she's-

"He saved me!, the upper moon tried to attack me, but he managed to save me with his bare fists, you have to help him Uzui-san!" She pleaded.

Tomioka...

I'm selfish, why did I even hesitate to help Tomioka... he's the one that has helped me find my wives and now he's fighting for his life.

"Okay! Lead the way! Makio stay here with Kocho!" I tell her.

Tomioka POV:

I'm losing my focus, constantly dodging is exhausting and it's mentally demanding. They've tried over and over again to hit me but only struck my uniform or air. I'm lucky I'm much quicker than then when it comes to movement otherwise, I would be long dead.

"JUST DIE" She screamed.

I quickly backed away from the attack. The kunai has dulled out, so its usefulness is good as my sword right now. Just keep dodging, Uzui-san and the others will eventually get here.

"Stop delaying the inevitable!" The brother screamed.

I used my Kunai and shield the blow. Blocking with a kunai is physically difficult, I barely have a grip on it, but it's my only weapon at the moment. He's striking it so hard; my wrists are starting to hurt.

"You two are siblings right..." I asked.

He didn't answer but continued striking.

"Why did the two of you become demons..." I questioned.

I tried questioning the demon, anything to prevent to stop attacking me while I catch my breath.

"Why do you want to know?!" He snarled as he swung his Kama rapidly.

I leaped back away from its range again.

"Because this is the first time, I've seen siblings together be an upper moon..." I pointed out.

"You know why?!" He yelled.

"Because humans... they're disgusting... they don't care!" He struck with his kama.

I quickly blocked it with the kunai. My wrist, it's starting to hurt badly. I don't how long I can keep attacking with it.

"Neither do demons..." I argue.

"Being a demon! It's much better for my sister and I!" He declared.

Whatever happened with them to the point they thought being a demon was better than being a human?

"You seem to care for your sister a lot, why become a demon and put her in danger-

"SHUT UP!" He got angrier.

I quickly ducked under the attack. He swung rapidly to which I backflipped away. The speed of his attacks got slightly faster, he's the strongest right now throughout however long we've fought.

I jumped over the incoming Obi sashes. She's attacking whenever her brother is done. By doing so, they're not letting me rest causing me to continuously dodge. I never thought this could be so stressful.

It's not physically bad, in fact, I still have plenty of stamina, but it's stressful. Constantly observing and watching for attacks, knowing you can't fight back.

"Don't you have any empathy for the victims you attack?" I ask them.

"They're poor... poor to the point they're using their bodies to earn money. Why do you increase the suffering?" I raise my voice.

"Because you don't know that it's like..." The brother muttered as he continued to attack.

They've been too far manipulated by Muzan, they won't listen to reason.

Suddenly the two leaped into the air to attack me. Is this a new attack? Gyutarro struck down with his kama to which I quickly moved to the left.

"8-layered Obi slash!" Daki attacked.

8 sashes swung, and I quickly dodge left and right from the incoming attacks. The brother jumped in.

"Flying blood sickles!" He launched his attacks in coordination with his sister.

I quickly duck under the attacks, but the sashes aimed towards me. I can dodge both of them?! I twist my body around while dodging the sickles to avoid the sashes. Daki brought all 8 slashes inward before unleashing them in every direction. I quickly use my kunai and block the incoming attack.

Wait! Where did the brother go?! Suddenly, I felt his presence right behind me. When did he get there- My blind spot! He utilized and snuck past me when Daki attacked and then got behind me. His kama it's about to pierce through my chest I might have to use my mark-

!

Clash!

Uzui-san..?

Uzui-san suddenly appeared behind me and blocked the attack before it struck me.

"How about that for a flashy entrance!" He yelled.

"Uzui-san...?" I mutter.

"I got the message from my wife you were in trouble..." He explained.

I see. She got there safely then, that's good.

"Now... Don't two think it's unflamboyant to attack someone without a weapon to fight back?" Uzui-san asked the two.

"Uzui-san... where is Kocho?" I asked him.

"She's treating one of my wives, she will be here soon.." Uzui-san explained.

"Daki! Attack the one with the dual blades! The other guy is useless without his katana!" He yelled.

"Let's get flamboyant!" Uzui-san spoke as he started spinning his cleavers and waited for them to attack.

"Uzui-san don't attack them, just be defensive..." I advise him.

"What?!" He questioned.

"The uppermoon, there's two of them" I point.

"Oh yeah... two demons sharing an uppermoon spot?" He asked confused.

"The two are siblings, I've already cut off their heads but they don't die. You need to cut their heads off at the same time for them to die..." I explain to him.

"I see... thanks for telling me... you got a good rest Tomioka, I'll take care of it from now on.." I told myself.

"And here..." He handed me a box.

"Nezuko? Why did you bring her here?" I asked.

"I figured if the uppermoon was powerful we might need help..." He explained.

I took the box and wore it around my shoulders as I have a nod toward Uzui-san.

The two demons ran toward Uzui-san. He started to spin his cleavers and rush at them. I'll help in whatever way I can Uzui...

Clash!

Uzui-san and the demon clashes with their respective weapons. I jumped onto a nearby house and watched the fight. I need to make sure Uzui-san will be fine, I'll step in when I need to.

"Sound breathing! First form! Roar!"

Uzui-san brought his cleavers upward before striking the brother with them. The brother blocked the attacks, but a loud sound emerged from their clash as if it was thunder. He swung his cleavers at the demon's chest, but the demon used its kama to block the attack. Daki suddenly attacked Uzui-san with her sashes, but Uzui-san easily blocked them and continued to attack the main demon.

"Flying blood sickles!" Upper six launched its sickles.

Uzui-san managed to block them, but the impact forced him back.

"Uzui-san avoid that attack! It's full of poison!"

"Got it!" He replied as he swung his cleavers.

Daki attacked, but Uzui-san backflipped over her sashes and landed on his feet. He retracted his cleavers before lunging forward and engaging in close combat with the male demon. The two traded clashes, each clash sounded like thunder.

Uzui-san was putting a lot of power into his swings, but the uppermoon is keeping up with him.

"8-played obi sash!" Daki attacked Uzui.

"Sound breathing! 4th from! Constant resounding slashes!" Uzui-san started spinning his blades around rapidly at a higher speed than before and held them in front of him.

The blades ripped through Daki's attack as his 4th form acted like a shield. He ran toward the male demon maintaining his form. The demon launched his blood sickles, but Uzui-san's 4th form cut right through them as he ran toward the demon.

The demon quickly went into a defensive position and parried the incoming attack. Uzui-san's eyes widened before he swung his cleavers at his leg. The demon counter-attacked and swung at his head.

Uzui-san blocked the attack with one of his cleavers and swung the other one at his neck. The male demon blocked the attack with his kama, before vertically swinging down both his kama. Uzui-san parried the blow using both his cleavers as the two of them backed. up.

Their combat style... it's very similar to one other, both of them are using dual-wielded weapons, and engage in close-range combat. The two seem to be equal, they're equally matched, however...

Daki... she's going to be a major Thorn on his side. He won't be able to fully focus his attacks on the male demon if she's going to be constantly there.

Daki attacked Uzui with her sashes, but he swiftly ran back and avoided the attack. He's holding those black beads in his hands, is he planning on using his explosives?

"Sound breathing! 1st form! Roar!" Uzui-san struck down again.

"Rampant arc damage!" The male demon suddenly created a dome of his blades and parried the attack.

That blood demon art, it's similar to Uzui-san's 4th form.

Daki attacked Uzui-san again and interrupted his attack, forcing Uzui-san to step back.

"You're not a real upper moon..." Uzui-san pointed at Daki.

"SHUT UP!" She yelled and swung more of her sashes.

Uzui-san easily avoided the attack and ran toward the male demon again. It also did the same as the two of them ran toward each other. They exchanged in fierce close combat again. This isn't good, if Uzui-san is on equal terms with him, he'll be the first one to fall because he's human.

BOOM!

Uzui-san detonated an explosive, as the male demon's arm was blown off. Using the opportunity, Uzui-san swung at his other arm to try and cut it off, but the demon regenerated his arm quickly and blocked the attack.

He's started to use his explosives now; I wonder what he is planning.

Uzui-san quickly attacked his torso, but the male demon counter-attacked and aimed at his head. He quickly blocked the attack, but Daki launched her sashes again, from behind him.

"Uzui san watch out-

Uzui quickly blocked the attack without even looking and started fighting the male demon again. How did he do that? He didn't even look to see where the attack came from...

Daki quickly ran up to her brother and the two of them started engaging in close combat with Uzui-san who was forced to retreat since he couldn't match the power of the two attacking at once, however, I noticed a smile form across his face.

BOOM!

An explosive detonated right in front of the two blinding them.

"5th forms! String performance!" He ran at them with stretched arms and swung his blades on both hands.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

He set up more explosives as he approached them. He is setting them off so it's difficult for them to see clearly. A large smoke emerged, hindering visibility. I quickly activate a see-through world to see what was going on.

Uzui-san quickly appeared in front of the two catching them off guard. He swung his blades at the same time to both of their necks. Daki's neck got cut off, but the male demon leaned back in time with Uzui-san managing to only slice a portion of his neck.

He nearly got both of their heads, it's incredible.

"Brother!" The demon screamed.

"You'll pay for that!" The demon yelled.

He ran at Uzui-san. Uzui-san prepared himself to parry the attack but suddenly I noticed his attack speed increased.

Uzui-san's eyes widen as he quickly retreated. This guy... the more upset he is, the faster his attacks are, I'm sure Uzui-san noticed that.

He ran at him again, swinging his kama's fast, Uzui-san matched his speed and parried the incoming attacks, but he was getting pushed back really quickly. I need to find a way to help him, he's getting overwhelmed!

The demon suddenly took a step back as he widened his stance. This movement! It's the attack he used to try and poison, but my 6th form managed to deflect it. If Uzui-san engages in close combat here, it's going to out-speed him and strike him somewhere.

"String performance!" Uzui-san started to use his attack again as he ran towards him.

It's not going to work!

The two of them clashes again as loud explosive sound emerged just from Uzui-san's blades, but immediately Uzui-san started getting overwhelmed and pushed back. He maintained his ground and tried to attack quicker.

"Flying Blood sickles!" Large sickles flew at Uzui-san at high speeds as he tried to avoid them.

"Flying Blood sickles!" He launched smaller ones along with the larger wins.

That's a lot of sickles to dodge, but Uzui-san managed to dodge through them and continue to attack the male demon. I'm surprised by Uzui-san's senses, he's reacting well to all their attacks.

Daki tried to rejoin the battle with her sashes, but Uzui-san easily deflected them without even looking at them. Uzui-san struck the male demon and the two engaged in close combat again. Uzui-san is doing well, but he won't be able to maintain this level of combat for much longer. Kocho, you need to get here.

"Sound breathing 1st form! Roar!" Uzui attempted to strike him down again as he vertically swung both his blades down.

Wait! That stance! Sh**! UZUI-SAN!

Uzui POV:

This demon, it's strong, but its sister is nowhere near his strength. She's weak, but her attacks are effective if the brother is attacking as well, making it lose my concentration. I can't fully focus my attacks on him if she keeps attacking from the side. If Tomioka still had his sword or Kocho was here this wouldn't be a problem but it's getting annoying.

"Sound breathing 1st form! Roar!" I try to strike him down.

"UZUI-SAN WATCH OUT!" I heard Tomioka scream.

Watch out-

The demon suddenly curled his body inward before releasing a mass number of swings.

"Rotating circular slashes: Flying Blood sickles" He rapidly swung his arms and released a large number of sickles at a much larger size. That's too many! I can't dodge them even with my musical score!

I swung as fast as I can and counter each of the sickles, but a few of them went past my defense. Sh**!

I suddenly felt my body get pushed aside as I fall to the ground.

"What the- Tomioka!" I yelled.

Why did you do that Tomioka?!

"I'm fine!" He covered a wound he sustained on his left shoulder. The sickles struck his left shoulder, the cut wasn't too deep, but this was poison!

"Tomioka, stop moving and relax! You've been poisoned!" I yelled.

"I'm fine... focus on the battle!" He yelled back before leaping back onto one of the roofs.

If I got hit, I would be able to resist the poison, but he took the hit instead.

"AHHHH!!" I raged as I charged back at the uppermoon.

Tomioka POV:

The cut isn't too deep, but blood was running down my arm. I slowed down my breathing much as possible to stop the poison from circulating too much. I need to stay awake; I can't collapse because of the poison, I have to watch his back...

"Sound breathing 4th form!" He yelled.

He's started his counterattack, he should be able to hold his own for a bit again, but I don't how long I have till I pass out or worse... Come on Kocho... I need you...

The two fiercely attacked each other, neither giving an inch. They seem to be back at equal again. Uzui-san has landed some solid blows and he hasn't been injured himself, that's good.

I suddenly felt the box I was wearing rattle, as I felt the door being kicked open. What the-

"Nezuko..." I muttered.

She stepped out of the box and looked at the fight.

"Nezuko gets back in the box, it's too dangerous for you to fight..." I tell her.

She shook her head and gripped her fists in frustration as she looked at the fight.

"Don't ... Uzui-san and I have it under control..." I tell her.

She looked at me again, she wore an angry expression I can see the veins popping all over her head. It looks like she's trying to fight, but I won't let her. I need to return her to Tanjiro safely after this.

I grabbed her wrist.

"Nezuko... I know you want to help... but Uzui-san and I have it under control, once Kocho gets here we will be able to defeat the two..." I tell her.

Her breathing started to calm down as her expression softened. Good, looks like I convinced her not to fight-

I suddenly started violently coughing, dang it, the poison! Stay awake Tomioka!

"Sound breathing 1st form!" He yelled.

Sh**! His defenses are open again, he'll get cut across the chest. I quickly leaped off the building into the fight.

"Blood sickle-

I managed to pull Uzui-san back before he could get off the attack.

"Tomioka! I told you to-

"Uzui-san fight conservatively, you can't defeat it alone we need to wait for Kocho. If you used that attack it would have struck, you in the chest and poisoned you as well..." I explain.

"But... Tomioka... you'll die because of the poison if you keep moving.."He pointed out.

"It doesn't matter as long as you live. You can't get poisoned Uzui-san... you are our hope here..." I tell him as I put my arm on his shoulder.

Uzui-san's eyes widened.

"I learn something new about you every day Tomioka..." He chuckled.

"I'll listen to wait you flamboyantly say!" He declared before running back towards them.

I quickly went back towards Nezuko. I need to keep an eye on her, I don't want her joining the fight.

cough, cough, cough

My vision is starting to blur, I don't know how long I can resist the poison. I lowered my heart as much as I can.

"Hmph!" Nezuko alerted me.

"What?" I question.

She pointed at my shoulder.

"Don't worry... it's just a small wound...." I tell her.

She suddenly touched my shoulder and felt the blood as her expression darkened.

"Nezuko... please... don't do anything." I plead.

Her expression softened again, but I can feel her frustration. I don't want her to fight, not only do I put her life in danger, but she could lose control if she fights. I don't want that and neither would Tanjiro.

"Hmph! Hmph!" She suddenly squeezed my wound.

"What are you-

!!! Did she just set me on fire- wait these flames don't hurt.

The fire suddenly went out and I looked at Nezuko for an explanation, however, she nodded up and down as she pointed at my shoulder. I felt the wound on my shoulder, it was still open, but-

!

Wait, my body feels better! My vision is back to normal, did the fire cure the poison from my body?

"Nezuko.."

She smiled as she nodded. I see... I have no regrets in bringing you along then, you've been a great help Nezuko... in saving my life now and finding the cavern for Uzui-san's wives.

"Nezuko... does your fire heal humans?" I asked.

She nodded.

She used her blood demon art in the battle against Rui, but that hurt the demon. Does that mean her fire hurts demons, but heals humans? That's a very unique blood demon art. I know I said I shouldn't get her involved in the battle, but I have an idea.

Uzui-san POV:

Tomioka took the hit for me and saved me again, I'm not going to let that go in vain. I strike as hard as I can and push the uppermoon back. I use one of my blades to fight the male demon, while I used my other one to defend against the female demon.

The two of us seem to be equal, I can't hurt him, but he can't hurt me. I got to try and take a chance, Tomioka is counting on me!

"1st form-

A kunai suddenly strike the eye of the male demon and he started to groan from the pain. The kunai, it's on fire!

"There's an opening go!" I heard Tomioka yell.

Did Tomioka throw the flaming Kunai?!

"String performance!" He created an opening I have to use it!

I spun both my blades and charged in. I snuck past the female demon's sashes and aimed both of their heads. They're close to each other, here's another chance to slice off their head again!

"AHHHH!" The male demon let out a roar as he swung his kama toward me. No good Tomioka! He recovered on time-

A hand firmly grabbed his arm!

"Tomioka!" I yelled.

Tomioka grabbed the wrist of the male demon. His hand... it was on fire! The demon screamed from the pain.

I quickly moved in, I held both my cleavers out as I aimed at both of their heads.

"Arghh!!"

I cut right to throw the female demon's head, but the male demon pulled his arm, cutting his arm off and jumping back.

Giyuu POV:

Dang it! He cut his arm off and escaped my grasp! That was close.

I looked at my arm as the fire was burning. If Nezuko's fire hurt demons and it doesn't hurt humans, I coated my arm with her fire. I grabbed the upper moon's arm and it felt an intense burn, increasing my physical control over them.

"Tomioka... your arm..." Uzui-san pointed.

"It's Nezuko's blood demon art..." I explain.

"How can you still move with the poison?" He asked.

"It's also her blood demon art..." I tell him.

He looked at me in shock, before smiling.

"Here..." He handed me a couple of kunai.

Nezuko, who was on my back, set them on fire as I held them in my hand.

"You focus on the male demon... I'll cover from the other one..."

"Sounds like a flamboyant plan!" He yelled.

Kocho POV:

"It's done..." I finally stitch the area where I performed the surgery.

"Will she be okay?" Makio asked.

"She'll be fine... but you need to take her to a clinic near here. Her condition needs to be on watch..." I explain to her.

She quickly picked Suma up.

"Thank you Kocho-san..." She thanked.

"It's no problem, but... I need to join the battle now..." I tell her.

She nodded before running with Suma. I quickly pack my stuff and head outside, but one of Uzui-san's wives suddenly stops me.

"Hinatsuru?" I questioned.

"Uzui-san sent me back. When you are done with your operation, he told me to guide you to where they are fighting..." She explained.

"Then please lead the way...."

I started following her as she led me to the sight of the battle. Please be okay Tomioka-san...

Tomioka POV:

The strategy has been effective. I've held Daki off using Nezuko's blood demon art as Uzui-san has held the male demon off as well.

"Should we attack?" Uzui-san questioned.

"No... not until Kocho gets here..." I tell him.

Daki attacked me again.

"Nezuko light my hand on fire again..." She did so as I charged in.

I dodged her attacks, before striking her in the torso as she groaned from the burn. My punches aren't effective, but Nezuko's blood demon art is.

"Nezuko light Uzui-san's cleavers on fire..." I tell her.

She does so as Uzui-san held both of the cleavers that were now coated in her fire briefly.

"The fire isn't permanent, but it should last a couple of seconds..." I tell him.

"This is flamboyant!" He yelled as he attacked the male demon.

The two of them engaged in close combat again. They've done that over and over again. We've fought upper 6 for almost an hour now.

Daki attacked me again, I quickly dodged and rushed towards her again, however, my legs suddenly froze. Why can't I move- the poison! Nezuko might have gotten rid of the poison but didn't get rid of the effect of the poison! Crap!

I lean my shoulder to move out of the way, but sashes suddenly get pinned to the ground by a sword. That word pattern... I look and see...

"Moshi Moshi... Tomioka-san... are you fighting without a sword right now?" She asked.

"Kocho!" I yelled.

"Ara! Excited to see me?" She teased.

I slowly get up.

"Kocho you here!" Uzui-san yelled.

"Your wife is in stable condition now Uzui-san..." She informs him.

"Flamboyant! You can join our fight now!" He yelled.

Kocho looked over at the two demons.

"Uzui-san hold them off, I'll explain to Kocho the situation..." I asked him.

"You got it!" Uzui-san charged in.

"Kocho... there are two upper moon six, but the female one is very weak while the male one is strong. To defeat them you'll need to cut both their heads off at the same time.." I explain.

"Oh... that's quite the circumstance..." She comments.

"We'll need to set up a situation where we can cut their heads off quickly..." I tell her.

"Do you have anything in mind?" She asks.

"I'll come up with something, but I need you to hold off the female demon and cover Uzui-san so he doesn't have to worry about her..." I ask her.

"Alright, Tomioka-san..." She gripped her blade.

"And Tomioka-san... please explain to me later why you were on fire..." She asked before running towards the battle.

"Butterfly dance! Caprice!" She leaped into the air and lunged at Daki. She elegantly avoided her sashes and thrust her sword into Daki's shoulder, and injected poison.

"Oh my... Tomioka-san wasn't wrong, you are weak..." She commented.

"You B****" Daki attacked, but Kocho effortlessly. dodged.

Uzui-san was holding his own against the male demon, while Kocho was holding the female demon easily. This was good, now we need to find a way to cut their heads off at the same time.

Kocho continued to thrust her sword at Daki, who was helpless. Uzui-san continued to fight nearby and reacted to all of the male demon's attacks. There's got to be something I can think of that will defeat the demons, but what? Think Tomioka, you are useless right now, I have to create something.

"Nezuko how far does your blood demon art go?" I asked.

She expanded her arms indicating it can go quite a distance. I wonder what the limit is of her power. To cut their heads off, we need to keep the two nearby. I can try and trap the two in an area using Nezuko's blood demon art.

"Nezuko will you be able to create a wall of fire from them getting out?" I asked.

She shook her head.

So her power doesn't extend that far. Nezuko suddenly tapped me on the shoulder.

"yes?" I asked.

She nodded before running across the building and back.

"What?" I questioned.

She activated her blood demon art, however, the fire spread across the wide.

"I get it... you need something that your fire can follow..." I understand.

She nodded.

I have an idea then; I take the rope I have on me and jump down. I'll put the rope around the area the two are fighting in.

"Caprice!" Kocho leaped into the air and struck Daki again. There's also one more thing I noticed, but I'll get to that later.

I started placing a rope around the area in a circular radius. I have to keep it somewhat large, it would be too much to ask them, to keep them still in a large area. I continue to place the rope before looping back towards Nezuko. I tie the rope against the roof as she placed her hand on the rope ready to set it on fire.

"Not yet... I'll tell you..." I tell her to which she nods.

"Uzui-san! Kocho! Switch places!" I tell the two.

"What?!" Uzui-san yelled.

"Just do it!" The two of them nodded as they swapped places.

Kocho's attack speed is higher than that of Uzui-san, that's what I noticed, she should be able to hit the male demon.

"Kocho use all of your poison on him!" I tell her.

"Dance of the bee sting! True flatter!" She dashed at the male demon at blinding speeds. The demon couldn't react as Kocho thrust her sword into the demon's torso and pulled the blade out. The demon tried to attack her, but Kocho swiftly moved out of the way and continued to jab her swords at her.

I was right! Her attack speed is much greater than Uzui-san's. She immediately struck the male demon.

"Flamboyant Kocho!" Uzui-san yelled.

She's not strong enough to cut the demon's head, but her combat is effective, my hoping the poison stuns the demon long enough for Uzui-san to completely overwhelm it when I tell them to switch back,

"You!" The demon yelled and attacked Kocho, however, Kocho was too agile as she simply jumped high into the air.

"Dance of the Dragonfly: Compound Eye Hexagon!" She lunged downward at the male demon as she jabbed her sword six times. The demon managed to block 4 of the attacks, the two struck his torso and heart. All of those attacks were aimed at vital areas.

"Ahh!" The demon groaned from the pain.

"Flying Blood sickles!" The demon immediately used his blood sickles and swung his kama at high speeds.

She can't parry the blow! I quickly run and grab Kocho before the attack. landed.

"Tomioka-san?" She asked surprised.

I placed her down.

"Attack freely, I'll be your defense... " I tell her as I held the fire-coated kunai.

She nodded and plunged toward him. She lunged in and continued to attack. The demons' speed it's decreasing because of the poison. His attack is also getting more and more sloppy. The poison is working!

"Dance of the centipede! Hundred-legged Zigzag!" The ground beneath Kocho attacked Ash she moved in a zigzag pattern confusing the demon. Using the opportunity, I throw the flame Kunai as it strikes him in the chest. At the same time, Kocho appeared in front of him and stabbed him right throw the neck, and injected her poison.

He tried to swing his Kama at her while the sword was jammed in his neck, but I quickly pulled her away and avoided the attack. I placed her down again as the two of us dodged his attack.

"Uzui-san switch back again!" I tell him.

The two of them switch again.

"Sound breathing 1st form!" Uzui-san struck the demon's hand cutting it clean off.

"Hey! He's weaker now!" Uzui yelled in shock.

Good job Kocho, your poison is taking effect, but we have to use this opportunity to kill them. Who knows how long he will be weakened?

"Uzui-san! Tell me when you are confident you can cut his neck off! Kocho and I will do the same!" I tell him.

Uzui-san nodded as he continued to attack the demon. The demon desperately tried to defend, but Uzui-san's attack was now too fast for him to react to as he was getting cut all over the place.

BOOM! BOOM!

Uzui-san set off a couple of explosives, completely overwhelming the upper moon, but the demon managed to roll out of the way and barely avoid the attack. Uzui-san is trying to contain him and get him in position, but the demon is resisting.

"Caprice!" Kocho continued to jab away at Daki, who could only helplessly watch her attacks. Kocho's speed has been the difference here.

"Tomioka! I'm ready he yelled!"

"Kocho, get ready and used your fastest attack.." I tell her.

"But... I can't cut a demon's head off..." She tells me.

"Don't worry... just do it..." I assure her.

She nods.

"Nezuko now!" I yell.

She ignited the rope as a circle wall of fire form around us creating a barrier to prevent them from leaving, catching everyone by surprise.

"Let's get Flashy!" Uzui-san started swinging his Cleavers around.

"Musical score Technique!" He yelled as he charged in.

"String performance.!!!" The two of them collided as a loud bang was let off.

"AHHHHH!!!!" Uzui-san and the male demon let off a battle roar as the two of them traded clashes.

"Kocho !" I yelled.

"Hundred-legged Zigzag!" She rushed in at blinding speeds.

Her take-off caused the roof to nearly collapse from the impact. Daki was completely shaken as if she couldn't even see Kocho. Kocho struck her blade through the neck of Daki as Daki let out a blood-curdling scream.

"Do something Oni-chan!" She yelled in panic.

"Uzui!" I signaled him.

"AHHHHH!!!" He let out a roar of determination as he struck the male demon's weapons. The demon couldn't handle the strength of Uzui-san's attack as it was not weakened. The weapons flew out of the demons' hands.

BOOM! BOOM!

Uzui-san used a couple of explosives and blew the demon's arm off. Using both of his blades he swung at the demon's neck at an x-pattern.

Kocho POV:

Uzui-san managed to get his blade on the demon's neck and paralyzed the demon. I'm trying, but I can't cut the neck off. Her neck is connected to a sash making it more durable than a normal demon's neck. If I can't cut the head off a normal demon, how can I?

"Kocho!" Uzui-san yelled.

"I can't!" I yelled.

I'm sorry for being useless Uzui-san, Tomioka, but I can't cut its head off. I'm too weak-

"Then let me help you..." I heard Tomioka-san's voice behind me.

He grabbed both of my hands and pushed the blade.

"Tomioka-san..."

"Uzui do it now!" Tomioka yelled.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Tomioka POV:

It was over... their bodies it wasn't regenerating.

The head of the two demons were in a pool of blood.

"It's your fault!" Daki yelled.

"No! It's you! I Hate you!" The brother yelled catching me off guard. Didn't he do all of this for her?

I knelt.

"Shhhh... don't let your deaths ruin the bond that's kept you for so long..." I spoke.

"Shut up! What do you know?!" The male demon cried.

"I lost my sister to a demon..."

The demon immediately went quiet.

"I'm sure you've had a hard life otherwise you wouldn't have turned into a demon. Don't break the bond of the only thing that's still left in your life..." I tell him.

The two of them went quiet.

"I'm sorry... Daki...I couldn't protect you..." He apologized.

"No No! I'm sorry I'm sorry!" She repeated sorry over and over again as tears fell on both their faces.

The heads completely disintegrated as their ashes flew into the atmosphere from the wind. Another demon is free from Muzan's control. I slowly collected the blood from the ground into a capsule to give to Lady Tamayo for later.

"Wow... those were some wise words Tomioka..." Uzui-san commented.

"Ara~ You continue to surprise me Tomioka-san..." She chuckled.

Before I could say anything Nezuko came up and jumped onto me. I slowly pat her back.

"You did well Nezuko..." I comfort her.

"Are the two of you hurt?" I ask them.

"Aside from cuts and bruises all over my body, nothing serious!" Uzui-san yelled.

"I'm fine" Kocho replied.

"Tengen-sama!" Two of Uzui-san's wives jumped onto him.

"You're okay!" Hinatsuru yelled.

"Where is Suma?" He asked them.

"I left her at a clinic to rest and recover... she's okay now Tengen-sama..." She assured him.

Uzui-san walked over to Kocho before bowing his head.

"Thank you Kocho..." He thanked her.

"Don't worry Uzui-san but the next time there's an upper moon please don't send your wives .." She advised.

"Of course...." He chuckled.

"And Tomioka... I was wrong about you... You are very flamboyant! Thank you for saving me and my wives..." He bowed.

"It's alright Uzui-san... I just wanted to help, but thank Nezuko... she's the one who was able to find the cavern so quickly right?" I questioned.

"Of course, we find the cavern swiftly thanks to Nezuko's senses..." Uzui-san confirmed.

"A couple more minutes, I might have not been able to save her life..." Kocho revealed.

"Thank you Nezuko... you have my respect, and I acknowledge you as a member of the demon slayer corps...."

           She nodded as she went back inside her box.

        "I'm sorry ... I was useless towards the end..." Kocho apologized

       "Why are you apologizing? You are the biggest reason why we won..." I tell her

      "What...?" She questioned

      "Agreed! Kocho you poisoned the uppermoon and weakened it which allowed me to out-speed him..." Uzui explained.

     "And you saved Suma's life! So don't you dare call yourself useless again..." Makio yelled at her.

     Kocho smiled, a real one, I'm glad all things went well.

       "You're too hard on your self Kocho... we won because of your help..." I patted her head.

      "I..." her face turned red.

     She suddenly slapped my hand away.

     "I'm not a kid Tomioka-San~"

     "Well! Since we are all exhausted! I suggest all of us stay at my place. We will rest and recover and return the slayer corps tomorrow!" He yelled.

        "Sure that sounds good-

      I suddenly felt my body collapse but Uzui-San caught me before I hit the ground.

    "Tomioka-San!" She yelled.

    "He's exhausted. I'm exhausted after fighting the upper moon for an hour, he must have been fighting it for two hours ..." Uzui-San revealed

      That's why my body felt so weak. The poison didn't help.

     Uzui-San wrapped my left arm around his shoulder and helped me walk.

     "Makio .... Hinastruru, go on ahead and set up the guest rooms for the pair," he told them as the two of them left.

     The three of us slowly walked to Uzui-san's residence. Kocho pestered me about my well-being while Uzui-San could only laugh.

     I'm glad this battle went well, but most importantly, I hope it taught Kocho something, the main reason why I even brought her in the first place.

I hope you realize Kocho just how important you are to the demon slayers corps and ...

Me.

-end-

Hope you guys liked the chapter . If has them all fighting together that would be overkill, so I did it this way so they all had a chance to shine.

Also I'm very excited to write the next arc (more Giyushino : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 558 33
Y/N, a lower level demon slayer is caught in a battle with a lower moon. My team struggled to keep pace and we lost the upper hand quickly. Just as a...
20.4K 500 13
WARNING: READ THE FOOKAN TAGS Summary: After Tomioka Giyuu left Tanjiro, he ran into Kibutsuji Muzan. They found each other, but before they managed...
332K 9.9K 24
"𝑵𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆" "𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖" (Y/n) is the last hope in the family to become a demon slayer to save them from the poor house. Un...
202K 7.6K 49
All her life, Y/N served the Geo Archon. After beeing rescued by him, she offers him her complete devotion as an adeptus. Fighting in the Archon war...