Hearts of the Lonely (Reader...

By cos_at_your_service

Y/N becomes lost in the forest while camping, and a ghoul, Mountain, finds them. They are brought back to a c... More

1- Lost
2- What the Fuck
3- Cara Mia
4- Introductions
5- New Home
6- Ritual
7- Rats
8- Plants
9- Ghouls
10- Ghouls (Pt. 2)
11- Band Practice
12- Work
13- "Wait, did he plan a date?"
14- Quick Visit
15- His Greenhouse
16- Summer Solstice
17- Friends
18- Special
19- Alone
20- Rescue Mission
21- Time Together
22- Caught
23- Ghouls & Angels
24- Phantom
25- Full Moon
26- Shopping Fiasco
27-Meetings
28- Rising Tension
29- Confrontation
31- Trouble Brewing
32- Febreeze & Foiled Plans
33- Temporary Housing
34- *Back Again
35- Test
36- *Test (Pt. 2)
37- Fall Festival
38- An Eventful Halloween
39- Season's Greetings
40- The Chimes Close to Midnight
41- New Plans

30- Favors

573 19 4
By cos_at_your_service

*TW: blood

The scent of blood woke me up early in the morning. It was strong. I wiggled out of Y/N's embrace, and it hit me. They were bleeding.

"Hey, love? Wake up. . ." I gently rubbed their side, waking them from their slumber. They squeaked when they noticed the blood.

"Oh Satan, I'm so, so sorry!"

"Are you okay?"

"I didn't mean for this to happen!"

"Hey." I gently grabbed their face. "I'm not mad at you. I want to make sure you are all right."

They pulled back the covers, and I saw that their shorts, a bit of the hoodie, the sheets, and part of me was covered in blood. They started to tremble.

"Shh, shh. It's okay. It's completely natural. You don't have to be ashamed. Can I help you in any way?"

"Can you find me. . .uh. . .a sanitary product or two?" Y/N blushed. I gave them a kiss and a hug to ease their nerves.

"Yes. I think there's some in the storage closet on this level. I'll be right back." I got up and left the room. A small amount of light came in from the window down the hallway, and the rest of the ghouls were asleep. I opened the closet door, and rummaged around until I found a box that had loose tampons and pads in it. I grabbed it and went back to my room. Y/N was in the bathroom, and I knocked on the door.

"I have some stuff."

"Thank you so much," they told me as the door opened. I changed in my room as they cleaned up. As I put some pain-relief cream on the rashes on my arms, I realized that they would need new clothes. So I got an outfit, gave it to them, and began to change the sheets on my bed. So much blood. I can't imagine how much pain they could be in. After stripping the bed, I sat on the floor and began to search up how to help with period pains. 

Heat. I could find a heating blanket to put on their abdomen.

Staying hydrated. I would have to find a water bottle.

Pain pills. I hope they wouldn't hurt that much, but I'd show them where I kept the products.

"Thanks again." Y/N came out of the bathroom with the bloody clothes in their arms. I took the balled-up clothes and tossed them on the pile of bed sheets.

"Mountain?" A voice said from the other side of the door.

Y/N and I froze. I tilted my head in the direction of the bathroom, and they read my mind. Once they were hidden behind the bathroom door, I unlocked my room door to see who was there.

"Hey Sodo. What's up?"

"No, what's up with you?" He pointed at the bloody linens on the floor.

"Had a cut," I lied.

"Ooookkkkaaaaayyyy. But it smells like Y/N. Wait, you didn't-"

"No. It didn't happen." I desperately wanted to end the conversation before Sodo said something embarrassing.

"Skyscraper, you don't smell like blood. If you went too hard with them-"

"We didn't do anything!"

"Fine, fine! Even if you did, my mouth is sealed. Although, I want to hear the whole story later."

"What did you come here for, Sodo?" I sighed.

"I was already up and smelled blood, so I wanted to make sure everybody's all a-okay. Well, toodles." He wiggled his fingers before going back to his room.

"The fuck is up with him?" Y/N came out of the bathroom. Their neck was bruised where I nipped at it last night.

"No clue," I said, truthfully.

We both made our way downstairs, and I got them settled with some breakfast before putting the dirty sheets and clothes in the washing machine. Y/N brought their food back up to my room in case any of the other ghouls were to wake up. I got myself a cup of coffee and a piece of toast before grabbing a water bottle for Y/N.

They were seated on the floor next to my bed, and they scrolled through their phone while they ate. I sat next to them, and they melted into my side.

"Any pain?" I asked.

"Yea."

"Want pain pills?"

"Not yet. I can manage."

"Oh sweet, darling. I wish I could help you." I ran my fingers through their hair, and their face contorted in pain.

"Cramp," they explained.

"Let me get you a heated blanket." I found one in the back of my closet, and wrapped Y/N up like a burrito. They gave me some of the blanket, and I pulled them onto my lap for cuddles. After a little while, they fell asleep. I smiled and purred contentedly, watching them doze in my lap.

. . .

"Do doot do do dooo. . ." Rain sang to himself as he walked to the basement to do his laundry. The washer beeped, and Rain took out other clothes and sheets. Some blood spots didn't come out in the wash. He saw that they were Mountain's clothes.

But Mountain didn't bleed. Did he scratch himself again? Rain's mind raced in worry for his friend's safety.

After switching the wash, Rain went up to Mountain's room to check up on his friend.

"Mounty? Are you okay?" He called through the closed door. Rain heard shuffling, and the smell of blood hit him when the door opened. "It smells like blood; are you okay?"

"Rain, I trust you." Mountain pulled Rain into his room and shut the door behind him. "C'mon out."

Rain couldn't believe his eyes. Y/N was in Mountain's room? "Hi, Y/N."

"Hi, Rain."

"Rain, I need you to stay quiet about this."

"I won't tell a soul. But is everyone all right?"

"I'm on my period." Y/N piped up.

"Ah. I'm sorry. Can I get you anything?"

"I think I'm all right for now."

"Rainy, can you gather all the ghouls in the basement and text me when everyone is there?" Mountain asked him.

"Sure. What time? Right now?"

"Wait an hour or two. It's still a bit early. And please don't say anything about Y/N being here."

"Will do."

. . .

"So, I need to tell you all something very important," Mountain began. You stood next to him.

"You are. . ." Sodo began, waving his hand as to encourage people to speak.

"No. Not that." You said.

"It is about them, though," Mountain added. His grip on your waist tightened slightly. You got nervous, but he sent you calming waves to help you relax.

"What?" You questioned.

"Let me explain, love. You all know that guardian angels don't come close to the area around the barrier, and they follow humans."

"What are you saying, Mounty?" Cirrus questioned. The room was quiet as the ghouls pieced the information together.

"Oh, no," Aether whispered. "Will the human remember you?"

"Phantom? You said you would help me. So did you wipe his memory and the security cameras?" Mountain turned towards the new ghoul.

"Yes! I swear I did!"

"So did anyone else see you, or was it just one human?" Swiss asked.

"Only the one. But I need you all to promise me that you will stay quiet. Sister Imperator is threatening my job."

"Really, darling?" Your voice wavered. Mountain was proud of his drumming skills, and loved to play with his friends. It would crush him if he wasn't able to do that anymore.

"I promise. We all do!" Rain said, looking around at the others. The ghouls nodded in agreement.

"And one more thing." Mountain added.

"Anything." Sunshine told him.

"Uh- so you all know that Y/N and I are together," Mountain said, pulling you close to him as he looked into your eyes. "But humans and ghouls can't have relationships."

"Why?" Cumulus pondered.

"I asked Terzo. He said that the Clergy is worried about the safety of the human, and the possibility of any half-human half-ghoul children." You told her.

"Oh, fuck that rule! Do what you want to!" Swiss scoffed.

"Yea, but it would greatly help the both of us if you don't mention our relationship."

Again, the ghouls all promised to remain silent. Mountain gently ran his hand up and down your side. He seemed calmer after getting all this off his chest.

. . .

"Are you okay? Your arms are red."

"I have a painful rash, but it's going away. Don't worry about it, love." I wrapped my arms around them, and they hugged me in order to be picked up. I picked them up and set them down on the bed. After pulling a blanket over them, I kissed their forehead.

"The rest of them still don't know I was here last night?"

"Nope, only Rainy," I laughed. Y/N smiled, and I pulled them closer to me. "But they do know that you are here now."

"I bet Sodo's mind is racing."

"Absolutely." We both laughed, and Y/N rolled over to hug me.

"Why don't you take your mask off?"

"It's another Clergy rule. Only other ghouls can see each other without masks, unless a ghoul has a non-ghoul mate. That rarely happens, though." I wrapped my tail around Y/N's ankle. We talked for a bit about our childhoods, and I told them a bit about my life before I was summoned. I shared stories of my family, friends, and people I used to know.

"Mountain, I think I'm happy that I got lost in the forest because now I know you," Y/N told me.

"Me, too." I started purring and nuzzling against them. "Do you need any pain pills before you sleep?"

"I already took one."

"Okay. G'night, love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 287 30
Hello!! This is a whole book of One Shots and Preferences of the Ghouls in Ghost !! I am sorry if their will be WAY more Mountain , Sodo , and Rain...
16.2K 572 60
Rain x oc fanfiction, but it ended up being more of a whole band fanfiction. So this is going to contain relationships between ghouls and oc's. Who i...
128K 3.8K 100
Ember is a new ghoul to join Ghost. Papa had simply thought that maybe letting one more guitarist into the band would be a good idea. It took stress...
12.3K 118 37
I, personally would've name the book "heheeh" (not very professional of me as always but can be anything short) and put like the "ghost band one shot...