Bitter Demons

By SarraCannon

Book 3 of the Shadow Demons Saga: So far, life in Peachville has been tough for Harper Madison. She's survive... More

1. She's Just Like Her Mother
2. Will It Hurt?
3. Prima Futura
4. This Isn't Going To Make Me Love You
5. I Only Had To Think It
6. Myself, But Better
7. She's Just Different Now
8. Just Do It
9. She Was Nothing
10. Aerden
11. There's Got To Be A Way
12. I Guess I Was Expecting More
13. You're A Public Figure Now
14. This Better Be Good
15. Caroline, Is It?
16. Get Away From It All
17. Crows Can't Scream
18. There's Only Fear
19. The Fear In His Eyes
21. A Plague On This Town
22. Motive
23. Zara
24. It's Yours, You know
25. Butterfly
26. It Should Have Been Me
27. The Black Stone
28. Someday
29. Consequences
30. A Crow Feather Wouldn't Be So Hard To Overlook
31. The Silver Box
32. They Can't Keep Us Apart
33. Since You're At The Top Of The Pyramid Now
34. Her Blue Eyes
35. I Have A Lot Of Gifts
36. Mrs. Shadowford's Desk
37. Wrath
38. I Couldn't Cry Another Tear
39. Quite The Storm
40. Eyes As Red As Blood
41. Friends Don't Hurt Each Other Like That
42. A Matter Of Life And Death
43. The Crow
44. I'm Sorry, Mother
45. The Cup Of Blood
46. A Coven Of Crows
47. Trust Takes Time
48. A Proper Trainer
49. The Rift

20. You're All That Matters

7.8K 655 8
By SarraCannon

The force of his words hit me, and I nearly collapsed onto the ground. Jackson reached out to catch me. He pulled me into his arms.

"Could they really do that?" I asked.

"It's rare because of the dangers involved, but it's been done before," he said. "It wouldn't kill you, but it might make you insane."

"How could they risk it?" I shivered in his embrace. "Don't they need me to produce an heir?"

He laughed at that and I felt his warm breath on my neck. "They probably want you to produce several heirs," he said. "The more the merrier."

"And how would they expect me to do that while I'm crazy?"

The question hung between us, and I suddenly didn't think I wanted an answer. I felt sick to my stomach. Perhaps there was no end to the horrors the Order was capable of if they were pushed to the limits.

"We can't tell them," I said. "We need to figure this out on our own. Whoever took Caroline might have hurt her, but they haven't killed her. We have to find her and bring her home."

Jackson grabbed my shoulders and pushed some distance between us so that he could see my face. "No," he said. "All we need to do is make sure you're safe."

"We can't just let her die," I said.

"We won't. She has two towns looking for her, including her very powerful mother," he said. "Let them find her and rescue her. You're all that matters to me."

I stood and walked to the edge of the forest. He wasn't telling the whole truth. I knew he cared about his brother more than anything else. All he cared about was keeping his brother safe-and that meant keeping me safe."

I think we need to concentrate on finding out more about this feather," I said, not turning to look him in the eye. I didn't want him to see how hurt I was."

We can do some digging," he said. "But that's all. Nothing dangerous."

"They want to put a guard at my door and keep me locked in my room," I said. "I hardly think there will be much opportunity for dangerous right now anyway."

"I should get you home, then," he said. "Ella Mae and Mrs. Shadowford are probably going to be waiting for you to make sure you're safe. Did they know you were riding home with me?"

I nodded. "I told Mrs. Ashworth to call them before I left the lake house."

"Everything is going to be okay, Harper," he said. "But we have to be suspicious of everyone. Keep your eyes open for anything unusual, like, someone watching you at school or saying something strange."

I felt overwhelmed. How many people in this damn town wanted me dead?

"I'll do everything I can to keep you safe."

"I know," I said.

He kissed my forehead, then drove me home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 13.5K 39
"Where I'm from, the fires are hot." He grasped my ass tightly. His mouth was close to my ear. "Nothing but endless screams of tortured souls for hou...
28.6M 1.1M 56
[Completed] Elysia's life is turned upside-down when she's abducted by supernatural creatures with demonic eyes and threatening fangs. What's worse i...
250K 10.9K 44
love was never part of the plan. •[A Wattpad Romance, Dangerous Love, Urban Fantasy and YA Fantasy Featured Novel]• COMPLETED Book 1 in the Grey Sa...
438K 34.9K 43
Book 2 of the Peachville High Demons series: Becoming a Demons cheerleader was the last thing Harper Madison expected when she moved to the small tow...