Homesick | Charles Leclerc

By tonysnarky

❝Falling for him wasn't falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home.❞ In whi... More

HOMESICK
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37.
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
Epilogue
Bonus: Archie Leclerc
Bonus: Aurelie Leclerc

35

3.4K 76 6
By tonysnarky

Later in the day, Lexi, Charles, and Sebastian made their way to Jacob's hospital room. As they entered, Jacob's expression showed surprise, but he quickly invited them in. The room felt heavy with unspoken emotions, and they stood there, feeling the weight of the past between them.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Jacob managed to break the tension. He laughed, looking at Sebastian, and said, "Well, I guess I know now that you can throw a punch."

Lexi joined in the laughter, relieved that the ice had been broken. "Yeah, I guess he can," she replied, giving Jacob a faint smile. She couldn't help but ask, "Are you okay?"

Jacob sighed, clearly in pain but trying to downplay it. "Three broken ribs, a fractured cheekbone, and a bruised eye socket, but I'll be okay. I've been through worse."

Sebastian took a moment to apologize, his concern evident. "I'm sorry it came to that. I never wanted it to escalate like that - I just saw red when I thought you'd hurt her...It reminded me of Cami."

Jacob surprised them by defending Sebastian. "Don't apologize, Sebastian. It should be me apologizing. I'm sorry for how I behaved in my younger years, and I'm sorry I was never a good father figure to Lexi and James. I'm incredibly sorry for my violence and alcohol problems, but I can assure you I've been sober for a number of years now, and am seeking help." Jacob paused. "It doesn't excuse the things I've done, but I'd like to think it's a start. Thank you, Seb. You were there for my kids when Cami and I weren't, and I'll always owe you for that."

Sebastian's eyes bore into Jacob's, his resolve unyielding. "I want you to understand, Jacob, that forgiveness isn't something I'm ever going to give you. You've hurt the people I care about and that's not something I can just let go of. Cami, James, and Lexi all deserve better than you."

Jacob's gaze met Sebastian's, and he nodded in acceptance. "I understand, Sebastian. I don't expect you to forgive me, and I can't blame you for feeling that way."

As the weight of their conversation settled, Alexandra broke the tension with a soft sigh. She looked at her father with a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability. "Thank you for telling me the truth about Mum's affair. It's a lot to process, but I needed to know."

Jacob shrugged a hint of regret in his expression. "I always believed you deserved to know the truth, no matter how painful it might be."

The mood shifted as Jacob's warning took center stage. He looked at Alexandra seriously. "Lexi, there are records of both the affair and the abuse in the past. I've done my best to bury it, but with these gossip blogs, there's a chance it might resurface."

Alexandra's facade of toughness wavered for a moment, and her vulnerability showed through. She tried to shrug off the fear, but her trembling voice betrayed her true emotions. "I can handle it."

Sebastian exchanged a knowing glance with Charles, both of them recognizing the fear that Alexandra was trying to hide. But before they could say anything, Alexandra gathered her courage and pressed on.

"Is there anything else you haven't told me?" she asked, her voice soft but determined.

Jacob hesitated, the weight of his words heavy. "I think so."

Sebastian, ever perceptive, picked up on the hesitation. "You think so?"

Jacob's gaze shifted to the floor before he finally looked up. "I never got the chance to talk to you about James."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A cool breeze swept through the paddock, sending ripples of excitement through the crowd. Alexandra stood alone by the edge of the track, her eyes fixed intently on the race unfolding before her. Her brother, James, was out there on the asphalt, skillfully maneuvering his F3 car, locked in a fierce battle for first place.

The roar of the engines, the scent of gasoline, and the atmosphere of competition enveloped her, momentarily pulling her away from the emotional weight she carried. She missed her mother, Camille, terribly. Her absence left a void in their lives, and her father, Jacob, was battling his own demons in rehab, leaving her to navigate this world on her own.

In the midst of the race, a presence beside her interrupted her thoughts. She turned slightly, finding herself face-to-face with a man who exuded an air of authority and familiarity. The man extended a hand, his expression sincere.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Lex," he said, his voice carrying a blend of compassion and professionalism.

Alexandra's eyes softened, gratitude filling her heart. "Thank you," she replied, shaking his hand. "It's been tough."

A fleeting pause hung in the air before Alexandra spoke again. "Have we met before? You seem familiar." she tilted her head to the side.

The man's smile faltered, replaced by a brief flash of hurt in his eyes. He collected himself before responding. "Yes, we have. I knew your mother." he smiled sadly. 

Alexandra's brow furrowed as she searched her memory, trying to place his face. "I'm sorry, I don't remember. My memory's been... not so great since my accident."

Understanding crossed the man's features, and he shrugged it off with a reassuring smile. "No worries, it's not a big deal. I'm Christian Horner. Your mother and I were friends, and you used to come to the track with her." he laughed softly. "You used to annoy our engineers down at Red Bull."

Recognition flickered in Alexandra's eyes as she put the pieces together. "Ah! I'm sorry, I think I remember us going to a Gala Dinner that you were hosting."

He nodded a hint of melancholy in his eyes. "It's been a while. Your mother was a remarkable woman."

Alexandra nodded, a bittersweet smile tugging at her lips. "Yes, she was. Thank you for your kind words."

With a gentle pat on her shoulder, Christian turned to walk away, leaving Alexandra to her thoughts. As he retreated, she didn't see the traces of tears glistening in his eyes. In that moment, amidst the roar of engines and the whirlwind of emotions, their paths had crossed, offering a fleeting connection amidst the turbulence of their lives.

After walking away from Alexandra, Christian found himself in the company of Kimi and Sebastian, who had witnessed the interaction with a mixture of confusion and concern etched on their faces. They stood there, a trio of seasoned figures in the motorsport world, sharing a moment of contemplation.

Christian confirmed their suspicions, speaking softly, "She has amnesia about some things, including her past interactions with me."

Sebastian, ever the voice of reason, chimed in, "Perhaps it's for the best. Not having memories of those traumatic times might give her a chance to move forward."

Kimi, who rarely voiced his emotions, didn't seem entirely convinced. He looked at Sebastian, silently questioning, but it was Sebastian who elaborated further. "Moving on, finding her own path in life, that's what she needs right now. It's the best way to honor her mother's memory."

Christian nodded, seemingly in agreement. "You're right. She needs to distance herself from her father, and focus on her own life."

Sebastian shared a small piece of recent news, revealing, "Lewis has convinced her to audition for a Hollywood movie. She's hopeful she'll land the role."

The three men watched Alexandra, a determined and resilient young woman, cheering for James as he crossed the finish line in P1. A glimmer of pride shone through their expressions as they observed her strength. 

Kimi asked, "How is James doing?"

Sebastian's response held a note of sadness, a glimpse into the complexities of life. "Not well. He's shouldering a lot, trying to support Jacob in rehab. It's tough on him." he paused. "Apparently he's been acting...out of character." Sebastian sighed. "His mechanic thinks he's following in Jacob's footsteps. They found him drunk the other night - passed out at some bar." 

Sebastian's words carried a genuine sense of hope as he looked at the Jenkins siblings, both grappling with the scars of their past. "I really hope they can move on from all the trauma they've endured," he said, a touch of emotion in his voice. "They deserve a chance at happiness, to build their own lives."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

In the hospital room, the air was thick with tension as Jacob and Alexandra faced each other. Alexandra's frustration was evident as she demanded answers about her brother, but Jacob's firm refusal held its ground. "I'm not ready to talk to you about James yet," he said, his voice resolute.

Frustration and anger flashed across Alexandra's face, her determination unyielding. She insisted on getting to the truth, but Jacob held his ground, explaining his reasons. "I want to make sure James is okay with me discussing this with you," he clarified, his gaze steady.

Sebastian, curious about the situation, interjected with a question. "Do you and James still keep in touch?" he asked.

A small smile tugged at Jacob's lips. "Yes," he replied, a hint of pride in his voice. "We've managed to mend our relationship. We talk every day now."

Alexandra's shoulders slumped, defeated by the news. Charles, sensing her disappointment, reached out to comfort her. It was a subtle gesture, but Jacob's keen observation caught it. He raised an eyebrow, a glint of curiosity in his eyes. "Is this the boyfriend?" he inquired, his tone a mix of surprise and interest.

Charles, his demeanor calm and composed, introduced himself softly, "Yes, I'm Charles." The room seemed to hold its breath for a moment, as the interactions between the three men and Alexandra unfolded.

The room took on a slightly lighter atmosphere as the conversation shifted, and Jacob expressed his gratitude to Charles. "Thank you for looking after her," he said sincerely, acknowledging the challenging times Alexandra had endured with the media scrutiny.

Charles, still with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, retorted, "Someone had to have her back." The corner of Jacob's mouth quirked up into a genuine smile. "I like this one," he remarked.

As the tension eased, Jacob turned to Alexandra with a playful glint in his eye. "I never thought I'd see the day you'd end up with a Ferrari driver," he teased, "You were always a secret Red Bull fan."

He continued with a heartfelt confession, "I'm proud of you, Lexi." His tone held a touch of sincerity, and he revealed that he'd been following her progress closely. "I've watched every movie you've made, seen you in every stunt race this year. I'm proud to see you join the F1 grid with AlphaTauri next season," he added, a mix of admiration and genuine pride in his voice.

The room fell into a contemplative silence after Jacob's expression of pride. As the air thickened with unspoken emotions, Jacob eventually broke the quiet with a simple yet weighty question, "What now?"

Alexandra let out a sigh, her gaze fixed on a distant point as she gathered her thoughts. With a calm determination, she began to speak, "I don't think I can have you back in my life after everything that's happened. The trauma is just too much." She paused briefly, her voice carrying a mix of resolve and sadness.

She continued, "However, I do believe we can keep in contact. Maybe you and Emily could come to watch a race of mine. I can't promise that you'll ever be my father again, but I think we can try to be civil. At least for the sake of moving forward."

Jacob absorbed her words, a sense of understanding settling between them. He nodded slowly, appreciating her willingness to find a middle ground. "If that's what you're comfortable with, Lexi, then that's what I'll do," he replied, his tone reflecting his willingness to respect her boundaries.

Curious about her plans, he then asked, "So, what's next for you?" 

A smile tugged at Alexandra's lips as she answered, "I'll spend a few more days here in the UK before heading to Belgium for the next race."

Wishing her luck, Jacob turned his attention to Sebastian and Charles. "Thank you both for looking after her," he said, his gratitude sincere. And then, turning back to his daughter, he added, "I'm sorry for the past, Lexi. For the abuse and the trauma, I've caused. I hope you can find some peace moving forward."

As their conversation drew to a close, the hospital room seemed to hold a mixture of complex emotions—forgiveness, acceptance, and a sense of possibility for the future.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

❤️ by CharlesLeclerc, SebastianVettel, TomHolland and 13m others

@LexiHeroux: Educating Charles  (he's never had a Greggs Sausage Roll)

____________

FlorencePugh: I miss you.

↪️ LexiHeroux: 3 days x

____________

LandoNorris: I'm going to cry how is he so uncultured

↪️ GeorgeRussell: I've just realised half the grid has probably never tried one

↪️ LexiHeroux: they will when I'm finished with them 😎

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LexiHeroux added a new photo to her story

Tagged: CharlesLeclerc

Pasta La Vista, Baby

PRIVATE REPLIES:

CarlosSainz: when are you guys gonna make things official

↪️ LexiHeroux: 👀

↪️ CarlosSainz: Don't play games!! I know you haven't actually told each other how you feel yet! And I know he's still not asked you to officially be his girlfriend!!! HURRY UP

↪️ LexiHeroux: What if we don't want to put a label on it?

↪️ CarlosSainz: then I'm not speaking to you both.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

unconditional By

Fanfiction

1M 14.8K 50
Ellasandra Monet gets swept up into the world of F1 when she finally lands her dream job, but what happens when she comes across her dream guy, Charl...
104K 1.8K 53
We all love the drivers, that's just a fact. And we all ship them. That's a fact too. This book is full of memes, pictures, comments, happiness, sad...
903K 13.8K 54
Lando Norris, meets Nathalie Verstappen, who is off limits by order of Max Verstappen. The chemistry between them grows. Nathalie returns to her Ral...
352K 7.1K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...