His World | F.M

By Hobibbymama218

Neveah is back and better than ever. Her new chapter opens as she begins her final year in middle school. But... More

characters
chapter one: neveah meets grativity
chapter two: neveah meets gravity
chapter three: neveah meets gravity
chapter four: neveah meets the new world
chapter five: neveah meets the new world
chapter six: neveah meets the new world
chapter seven: neveah meets the secret of life
chapter eight: neveah meets the secret of life
chapter nine: neveah meets pluto
chapter ten: neveah meets pluto
chapter eleven: neveah meets pluto
chapter twelve: neveah meets squirrels
chapter thirteen: neveah meets squirrels
chapter fourteen: neveah meets squirrels
chapter fifteen: neveah meets rules
chapter sixteen: neveah meets rules
chapter seventeen: neveah meets the new teacher
chapter eighteen: neveah meets the new teacher
chapter nineteen: neveah meets the new teacher
chapter twenty: neveah meets yearbook
chapter twenty-one: neveah meets yearbook
chapter twenty-two: neveah meets semi-formal
chapter twenty-four: neveah meets creativity
chapter twenty-five: neveah meets farkle
chapter twenty-six: neveah meets farkle
chapter twenty-seven: neveah meets farkle
chapter twenty-eight: neveah meets rileytown
chapter twenty-nine: neveah meets rileytown
chapter thirty: neveah meets rah rah
chapter thirty-one: neveah meets rah rah
chapter thirty-two: neveah meets texas pt. 1
chapter thirty-three: neveah meets texas pt. 2
chapter thirty-four: neveah meets the forgiveness project
chapter thirty-five: neveah meets the forgiveness project
chapter thirty-six: neveah meets the forgiveness project
chapter thirty-seven: neveah meets belief
chapter thirty-eight: neveah meets belief

chapter twenty-three: neveah meets creativity

657 34 0
By Hobibbymama218

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah sits next to Farkle in the art room along with their friends. Maya and Riley were across from them, Jake and Lucas was on the left side of Riley and Eva and Zay were on the left side of Farkle.

Neveah looks at her somewhat decent drawing of the door they were assigned to draw and looked up to see Riley's arms completely covered in purple paint. Of course.

"I'm better than you now." Riley tells her girlfriend as she looks at her drawing with a proud grin. "I am Riley, the artist, and you are Maya, the artist's girlfriend."

"Thank you for working on light and shadow, Maya." Ms. Kossal says behind Maya as she examines her drawing.

"Yeah, I look around outside now. I watch the light move during the day." Maya smiles up at the woman, "Thanks for teaching me that, Ms. Kossal. Hey. Are you okay?" She asks when the woman starts to tear up.

"I get emotional when I'm around talent." Ms. Kossal answers then walks behind Riley and places her hands on her hips, "And now I'm fine." Neveah laughs at the woman and do some last touch ups on her drawing.

"Come on!"

"What did I tell you about only using purple?" Ms. Kossal points to Riley's arms.

"Are we gonna do this again?" Riley asks with an innocent smile.

"Why is everything purple?"

"Because you hide the purple from me and I find it!" Riley waves her hands in the air, Jake and Lucas shake their heads at the brunette.

"Are you finger painting?" Ms. Kossal gives the girl a look.

"I believe you favor Maya over me." Riley pouts as her eyes shifts away.

The woman raises a brow, "Oh, yeah? Well, let's explore that. Let's see if I have unfairly judged you. Today's assignment-"

"Uhuh-"

"Was the doorways of New York."

Riley nods her head, "Yep. Yep."

"You were asked to specifically focus on..." Ms. Kossal motions for Riley to finish.

"Unique doorknobs. Uhuh. Yeah." She looks up at her not seeing anything wrong.

"And paint it from memory."

"I did."

"You painted a cat." Ms. Kossal picks up the canvas to show the purple cat, Neveah giggles.

"It's a door." Riley says.

"It's a cat."

"The whole thing's a door." Riley moves the canvas closer to her and peeks her head to the side, "Anybody home? Okay, I'll come back later. Don't let the cat out." Ms. Kossal gives her an unamused look and walks over to Maya.

"Maya has something very special, Riley. She paints from a place that few of us are able to reach."

"That's because she has an awful life." Riley says, Maya tilts her head with a sarcastic smile as she continues painting. 

"I love it when I'm reminded." Maya sarcastically shoots back, Riley rubs her arm as an apology.

"Take a look at Maya's work." Ms. Kossal picks up Maya's canvas and shows the class the beautiful artwork of a New York apartment door.

"Wow, Maya. It's beautiful." Neveah tells the blonde, Maya shyly nods her head in thanks.

Riley nods her head in agreement, "I want to know what's behind that door."

"So does the artist..." Ms. Kossal replies back and looks at Maya with a proud smile, "Because I think it's been closed to her up until now."

"Veah and I are gonna get you in that door, Maya." Riley brightly smiles, Maya hums as she looks at the curly head girl who was nodding.

"Oh, I know you both are."

"Good. Because it's Maya's last painting." Ms. Kossal says causing the group to furrow their brows in confusion.

"W-wait, why is it my last painting?" Maya stands up and walks over to the woman as Neveah places her brush down.

"Well, it's your last one for me, you beautiful girl." Ms. Kossal pats Maya's arm.

Neveah slides off her stool, "What?"

"What's going on?" Maya still wasn't following.

Ms. Kossal rubs her hands together as she looks at her students around the room. "Our school is running out of money. They're cutting art, music, and dance classes, effective after the next school board meeting." Neveah, Jake, and Eva frowns.

"They can't do that." Neveah says in disbelief.

"Yeah, they have competition coming up. They've been practicing since August." Lucas defends the three who were in dance and cheer.

"And how will Maya learn? What comes after light and shadow?" Riley adds, just as upset about it as them.

"What about you, Riley?" Ms. Kossal rebuttals.

"Who cares about me? I stink. What about Maya and Neveah? What about them?" Riley asks, worried for her friends.

"And what about drama?" Farkle brings up, "My one-year suspension from not being able to audition for any of the plays ends on Tuesday. I'm gonna be pippin!"

"They're not putting on pippin." Riley tells him, Farkle frowns.

"I'm gonna be pippin whatever they're doing." Neveah walks over to him and rubs his shoulders. Farkle wraps an arm around her waist to comfort her when he sees her sad face.

"Nobody better cut my ballet." Zay stands and walks towards the woman, he glances at Lucas and Eva who were shocked.

"Yeah, that's right...ballet. That's why I'm so sinewy."

Lucas chuckles, "Sinewy?"

"Hey, you spend your time hitting baseballs, I spend my time lifting beautiful girls." He slides over to Eva who was not amused from his words. "Ms. Allard, shall we dance?" He sees her face and his smile slowly leaves his lips as he got the hint. "We shall not."

"Ballet...gone." Ms. Kossal says as she looks at the kids with a sad smile, "Art, music, drama, dance, all of it...gone." She walks away.

Jake and Neveah move closer to their partners as tears start welding in their eyes, threatening to fall. Dance meant everything for them. Yeah they could find a dance studio outside but what about Ms. Shaw? She's been coaching them ever since they elementary. She was the one who brought Jake and Neveah together without even knowing. It wouldn't be the same.

Riley's eyes falls on to Neveah and Maya. "Veah? Maya?" Neveah blinks her tears back and moves from Farkle's arms to sit back on her stool.

"It's fine, Riles. Just another door closed." Maya softly speaks and goes back to drawing.

Riley glances over at Lucas and Farkle who were eyeing their partners who were clearly bothered and sighs. All three of them feeling helpless.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah sits in Cory's class with her arms crossed and back against her chair, not caring about anything at this point. All she can think about is her favorite class being cut and her not getting to dance anymore.

"The dark ages..."

"They're cutting art and dance class and you want to talk about the dark ages?" Maya glares at the man in front of her.

"The dark ages was a time of cultural deterioration." Cory continues.

"What does that have to do with us?" Neveah asks the man.

Maya, Jake, and Eva points at her in agreement.

Cory furrows his brows, "The dark ages was the decline of the creative spirit of an entire continent."

"What about us?" Maya pouts at Cory.

Cory looks down at the girl, "The dark ages is when they cut the art and dance class at this middle school right now. And you, you, you, and you. Yes, you four, the ones I'm looking at right now, can't dance and paint anymore."

Neveah frowns. "You didn't have to say it like that."

"You know, a good teacher lets the students get there on their own." Maya adds, Cory purses his lips and straightens his posture.

"Daddy?" Riley raises her hand that was still covered in purple paint.

Jake looks at her, "Why didn't you wash the paint off before you got here, Riles?" Riley shrugs and turns back to her father.

"Riley, if you put another purple cat on our fridge, I swear I'm moving to Brooklyn." Riley waves her arms with a pout.

"Scratch my nose. I won't be dry until math, and Mrs. Kravitz scratches my nose like she doesn't want to." Cory smiles and walks over to his daughter to scratch her nose. Riley happily grins at him, "That's like a daddy would."

"So...why were the dark ages dark, pippin?" Cory asks Farkle.

"People lost interest in art and music because it was taken away from them."

"Well, I don't want that for Jake. I want Jake to be happy." Lucas says, Jake turns to him causing him to get flustered. "I-I want all of them to be happy." He adds and looks at Neveah, Eva, and Maya.

Zay awes and points at Jake, "Aww, look at Lucas here. Getting all fired up for you Jake." Jake smiles at his boyfriend.

"Thanks, Luke. It's okay, we can find something else to do, right guys?" Jake turns to his sister who slowly nods her head.

Lucas shakes his, not happy. "I feel bad. They're taking away something you're all very good at."

"Lucas-" Neveah starts but he cuts her off.

"No, Veah. You, Eva, and Jake are great dancers. Maya is a great artist." He glances at the blonde then back at his boyfriend. "You four have real talent and I want you to be able to get better and travel around and win more competitions. Or you to be able to share it with people." He grabs Jake's hand, "I don't want them to take away that from you, Jake."

Jake eyes their hands then back to Lucas' green orbs, his heart thumps against his chest when he saw how upset the boy was for him.

Riley frowns as she goes into thought after glancing at Maya and Neveah's face. "Bay window! Bay window right in five hours!"

Neveah and Maya nod their heads, "Okay."

"Who's going to do something about art and dance?" Lucas asks.

"I'm sure that'll be Riley." Maya motions to her girlfriend.

"Nope," Riley shakes her head.

"Well, I know you guys would like me to step in here..."

"Nope. This is bigger than you, dad." Riley tells her father, Cory points at her.

"You're right. This is. In fact, this decision comes directly from the New York City school board." He explains to the class.

"That's not what I'm talking about." Riley says, "If they're gonna put us in the dark ages, then who's gonna get us out?" Neveah turns to him for an answer.

Cory smiles. "Ah. Funny thing about that. You know who did get us out? Artists and dancers." Riley ahs as Maya, Jake, Neveah, and Eva straightens their posture, "Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Piacenza, Cornazzano...there was an explosion of creativity called the renaissance." He looks down at Maya.

"Maya, I thought you would have something to say about that."

"Cut the art classes, don't cut the art classes. What have I ever been able to do about my life? And now my little purple girl will go crazy." Maya motions to Riley but she shakes her head.

"Not this time, Maya. You're the artist and Veah's the dancer, and I'm just the artist's and dancer's best friend."

Maya and Neveah share a look then look at the brunette who was unusually calm.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"You think you're gonna outlast me?" Maya crosses her legs as Riley and Neveah sit across on the left side of her. "You think I'm gonna do something? You think I'd actually care about something?"

Riley takes a deep breath, "I don't care what you care about." Riley says, Neveah rolls her head around to relieve the tension of her joints as she watches Maya slowly break.

"You're gonna break first, and you're gonna fix this whole thing somehow because you can't help yourself!"

"You know, for somebody who doesn't care, you sure are starting to speak in all caps, M." Neveah points out in amusement, Riley nods her head in agreement.

Maya sighs and places her hands on her knee, "I will never be a great artist."

"You're probably right." Neveah agrees, getting Maya to break.

"You don't believe in me?" Maya asks, somewhat hurt from her words.

"Not if you won't." Riley tells her, Maya nods her head and looks at them.

"Well, I can't, Veah, Riles. You know? It's just 'cause don't believe, don't get hurt." Neveah nods her head in understanding.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Be safe. You're right, I'm wrong. Be safe." Riley says. "Let's just go to a movie or read a book or maybe listen to some music." Maya frowns.

"You mean let's just go to art, or read some art, or listen to some art, because movies and books and music are art? I do go outside, Riley." Neveah and Riley glance at each other with small smiles, happy that they got the blonde girl to crack.

"I watch the light move during the day. And you know what happens at 5:30. You turn gold. Everything is more beautiful at the beginning and end of the day, and I want people to see that. I want to capture that." Maya looks at the two girls with a sad face and turns away from them. "I didn't mean to believe in something."

Riley gives her a sympathetic smile, "We know you didn't, peaches." Neveah nods.

"But I do." Maya says before she realized and turns back to them. "And you two knew." Neveah and Riley nod their heads with smiles, "You knew this was in me. You did it. You broke me. I broke first. This is the first time this has ever happened!" Neveah giggles and crosses her legs. Maya smiles at her girlfriend with narrowed eyes. "How close were you to breaking?"

"I almost died!" Riley yells with wide eyes, Neveah laughs with Maya as the blonde girl throws her arms up and wraps her arms around Riley, pulling Neveah into it as well.

Maya and Neveah nuzzle their face against both sides of Riley's face. "She held on pretty long." Neveah says, Maya agrees.

"We're so proud of you." Maya praises, Riley widely grins from the praise and holds on to both of their hands as they pull away from the hug.

"Me too! Something is finally important to you."

"Yeah." Maya nods.

"How come?" Riley curiously asks, Neveah looks at her also wanting to know.

Maya takes a breath in before answering, "Because I don't want to live in a world of stupid purple cats!" Neveah snorts when Riley pauses and her smile falters a little.

"No, wait. What?" She blinks at her girlfriend but shrugs it off and smiles again.

Neveah sighs as she looks at her best friends, "Now that Maya finally realized. We need a plan." Maya points at her then looks at Riley.

"You got a plan?" Riley scoffs.

"Do I have a plan?" She shrugs her shoulders, "Gee, I only have about nine of them. And each plan has a little sub-plan and each sub-plan has a little baby plan." Neveah shakes her head but a smile falls on her face. "Do I have a plan?" Riley sighs and looks off to a distance, playing with her hair.

Maya glances at Neveah who was staring at her God-sister. "Would you like to inform us about the plan, Riles?" Neveah motions between her and Maya.

Riley smirks at her and places her hands on both of the girls' thigh. "Follow me." She simply says and stands up from the seat.

Neveah and Maya eye each other as Riley makes her way out of the room. "Should we trust Riles with the plan?" Maya questions. As much as she loves and trusts Riley, something that her and her friends are passionate about are at risks.

Neveah eyes the door, "Lets give her chance to save us." Neveah says and stands up then hold her hand out for the blonde to take.

Maya smiles and takes her hand as they followed after the brunette who was waiting for them in the hallway.

Riley pulls them along with her to the dinner table where Topanga and Auggie sat.

She clears her throat, "Mommy!" Neveah leans away from her as she screamed in her ear. Topanga looks up at her daughter who showed obvious traits that she's Cory Matthew's child. "What's our plan?"

"I'm sorry girls. I can't wave a magical lawyer wand this time." Neveah frowns at her words. "The school only gets so much money every year. It's not a legal issue. They can spend it on whatever they see fit."

"But that's not fair. All of the creative arts are just as important then academic classes. It also mix in to it when you learn the history behind them." Neveah crosses her arms.

Topanga face falls at Neveah's saddened expression, "I know honey, but I can't pull a lawyer move if it's not an illegal issue."

Riley fixes her posture and raises her brow at her mother, "Are you telling us to give up?" Topanga snaps her head over to her, a brow also raised.

"Would I ever tell you to do that?"

"No." Riley and Neveah softly answers. "So what are you telling us?"

"You have an opponent. Your opponent is thinking logically. If you think logically, you're gonna lose the creative arts." Topanga explains to them.

"Okay, but are they right?" Maya asks, "Are academics so much more valuable than the arts that we just let them do this to us?"

Auggie walks over to the fridge and grabs a magnet to pin his drawing onto it. "Do you guys like it?"

Neveah walks over to him with a smile as she looks at the picture, "Awe, Augs. It's amazing." She hugs him and pecks the top of his head, he returns it and pecks her cheek causing Topanga to smile at the cuties.

"Yeah, Auggie. I love it." Riley adds, giving her brother a smile.

"No one should take it from you." Maya tells him.

Auggie furrows his brows in confusion. "Someone's going to take it away from me?" He looks at Neveah.

Neveah bends down with a serious look, "No. I won't let them."

Maya slams her hands on the table, "Let's get 'em." Auggie nods his head.

"Let's get 'em." Auggie screams, he throws his hands in the air and runs towards the front door and opens it before running out.

Neveah smiles at her Godbrother as Topanga stands up and brings Maya into a hug. "Maya, I'm really proud of you for deciding to do something about your future."

Auggie walks back to the door and leans against the frame, "You guys left me out there to die." He sighs at them in disappointment and walks out again.

Neveah and Riley look at each other and giggle at how cute the boy was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 156 57
When Maya Hart receives a job opportunity, she is left with the fact she accepted to babysit Zoe Friar, her schools biggest fuckboy's younger sister...
13.2K 742 20
❝ keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. ❞ © httpriarkle | 2017 highest rating - #27 in fanfiction 9/7/16 [DISCONTINUED]
193K 3.9K 21
Alexis isn't new to the school. She's been there the entire time, but nobody has ever noticed her. Follow Alexis on her journey to being seen. !!Trig...
228K 4K 33
The world isn't done meeting Rose yet. She's just gone through the hardest summer of her life with her best friend and potential first love moving aw...