From Intern to Family | 9-1-1...

By KitKatt303

The 118 has been chosen to take on an intern. There's mixed feelings, but ultimately Bobby's word is final. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note

Chapter 9

1.5K 37 0
By KitKatt303

The soft cotton rubbed against my clean skin, the sight of blood nowhere to be found. Athena didn't tell me how she had managed to find me some clothes, but they were quite big on me and definitely not from the hospital. Still, I was grateful for her generosity.

Some nurses and the doctor had been in and out of the room, checking up on me and making sure it was nothing serious.

My shock had eased off a bit and I could see and think more clearly. My injuries were present, but they hadn't told me anything yet so I assume it wasn't important.

"Cooper."

I turned to the voice, blinking at the officer innocently. Athena smiled sadly, patting my hand that didn't have an IV in it. "We need to talk about what happened. If you're nervous to do it alone, there's some people waiting outside to see you. The team were worried when I called them after their shift." She explained.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. A group of people were worried about me? A team?

Upon seeing my confusion, she strolled over the door and opened it up, speaking to whoever was outside. Soon enough, a few familiar faces entered the room. I know from previous experiences that you were only allowed three in a room, as not to crowd the patient.

Which is why Bobby and Eddie entered after Athena, yet Buck also entered out of stubbornness. I didn't mind really, at least now I know who brought me the clothes.

"How you feeling Blue?" Eddie spoke softly. His boyfriend's nickname for me brought a strange comfort and I rubbed at the tears springing up in my eyes. "I'm fine." I whispered, my voice cracking from the lack of use.

"Chim and Hen are in the lobby speaking to the doctor. They were worried, as are the rest of us." Bobby informed and I nodded, wincing at the pain it brought.

An odd silence filled the room and Athena sighed, gesturing for everyone to take a seat. I sat up in the bed, curling into the large hoodie I had been brought.

"Think you can talk to us about what happened?" She started and I gulped nervously. "If you talk to me now then I can regard it as a statement and you won't have to speak to anyone else." Athena promised.

I glanced around the room, catching the eyes of the four adults. I was okay here. These people aren't going to hurt me or at least they won't in a hospital.

"I-I was leaving the station and I walked back like normal." I began reciting the event to them, gradually seeing the anger and sadness fill their faces. "They started hitting me and I didn't fight back, I swear I didn't want any trouble. I didn't throw a single punch." I promised, desperation laced in my tone.

Buck placed a hand on the bed, his knuckles turning white due to his strong grip. "Why didn't you fight back? You should've defended yourself." He said angrily and I shook my head. "I can't get in anymore trouble, I'm on my last chance. I couldn't fight back, I can't risk getting into trouble again." I exclaimed, looking to Athena.

She only nodded, gesturing for me to continue. I let out a shaky breath, pinching at the skin on my fingers. "A man ran over and told them to stop. I looked up and saw one of the guys pull out a knife. Next thing I know, he's stabbed the guy and they've all run off. I told him to run- the man. I told him to run and he didn't. It's my fault he got hurt." I rambled on.

Tears pricked at my eyes again and I palmed them harshly, wishing I could disappear from this moment in time. I quickly felt an arm rest against my back and I flinched, only to feel another wrap around my front.

Someone was hugging me.

The action tore a sob from my lips and I curled up tighter, feeling the arms strengthen their hold. A stable body held me together and I didn't dare open my eyes at the risk of feeling embarrassed by my childish state.

I faintly heard Athena excuse herself and then the sound of heavy footsteps following her, likely to be Bobby. Someone sat on the end of the bed and clasped their hands around my ankles, the pressure keeping me grounded and my thoughts stumped.

My hands pulled away from my eyes and I blinked to clear any blurriness. Buck was on the end of the bed, hands on my ankles, which meant Eddie was the one hugging me. Awkwardly, I cleared my throat and sniffled, lifting my head when Eddie released me.

He still kept an arm around my shoulders and I didn't have the energy to feel embarrassed. We didn't exchange any words, not that I knew what I'd even say, and instead just stayed as we were.

We were still like that ten minutes later, when Athena and Bobby had returned. Bobby smiled slightly at the sight, patting Buck on the shoulder before he returned to his seat.

"Okay Cooper, I've got one more question and then I'll stop. The other officers have got some things that could help figure out who did this, but it would be really helpful if you could tell us anything about the people who attacked you. Did you know any of them?" Athena explained and I averted my eyes downwards.

Now this was the hard part.

Eddie gently squeezed my shoulder, "I can't say." I muttered. The others seemed to share a look between themselves and I shook my head when Athena opened her mouth again.

"You know what happens to snitches. If I tell you who they are then they'll send others after me. It's a lose-lose situation." The woman frowned at my words, both frustrated and sympathetic.

"I understand that Cooper. But that man who was stabbed tonight? He deserves justice. If those people get away with this, who knows what they could do next?" She insisted and I felt the guilt curling in my stomach.

I glanced at the others, seeing their faces neither encouraging nor annoyed. Ultimately they understood that it was my decision and they couldn't make me talk. But they know that I know what the right decision is.

Taking a deep breath, I looked back to Athena. "A group of five guys, all male. They're seniors in high school," Athena nodded, typing the information into she phone, "That's all I can tell you." I declared.

I knew Luke's name and, whilst that would be helpful, I also knew that there was a security camera across the street of the alleyway.

I'm sure they were already looking at the footage now.

"That's fine, it's helpful either way. Thank you." She said earnestly. Her and Bobby stood up, the captain patting my shoulder softly. "Get some rest kiddo, I'll come see you before work tomorrow." He stated and I thanked him.

As I made my way out the hospital bed, the remaining two adults began trying to stop me. "Woah Blue, where you going?" Buck stated, pushing gently on my chest to sit me back down. "Uh, leaving?" I questioned. Eddie wrapped his arm around my shoulders again and shuffled to both keep me in place and comfortable.

"Bud, the doctor said they're keeping you in for the night. They want to keep an eye on you and if you're okay after you wake up, you can leave in the morning." The older explained.

I shook my head, "No I don't want to stay here." I whined childishly. Hospitals suck and they smell and the food tastes gross and I would rather sleep in a bin.

"I'm sorry Blue, but rules are rules." Eddie continued and I huffed.

Buck patted my leg and then his boyfriend ruffled my hair. It was feeling all too comfortable and paternal right now. "Fine fine, get out of here then. I need my beauty sleep." I grumbled, pushing the two giants off of the bed.

"You don't want one of us to stay? We can call your parents. You can't be alone here." I shrugged, trying to appear as if I didn't care. In reality, I hated hospitals. But I'm a man, I could handle it.

Eddie rolled his eyes and gave Buck a kiss on the cheek, "I'm going to go get Chris and head home. See you in the morning." He smiled, waving goodbye to me as he left the room. Buck smiled a little to himself and plopped back down on to a chair.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Might as well get comfortable, we're in for a long night." He commented.

"Woah woah, we? No you need to go home, come on Buck this isn't worth it." I argued. The man furrowed his eyebrows and I could see the start of a frown forming on his face, "Coop, I'm not leaving you here. You're part of the team and that means we help each other out. If your parents can't be here then I'll happily fill in." He was determined, I'd give him his credit.

As I went to argue, a small pain flared up in the back of head and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"It doesn't matter what I say, does it?" I whispered, preferring the quieter tone. Buck whispered a small 'no' back and leaned over to rest his arms on the edge of the bed.

He laid his chin on top and closed his eyes, trying to give me some privacy but also sticking close to make sure I was okay.

I hated the warm, sickly feeling that rose from my stomach and I closed my eyes fully to distract myself from Buck. With the sound of a busy street down below, the two of us finally relaxed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
4.7K 72 7
Meet Hope Mackenzie Shepherd-Slone. The daughter of Derek Shepherd and Mark Slone. Step daughter of Addison Montgomery AU features involved Mpeg B...
4.3K 181 9
Scarlett Johansson - Natasha Rostova / Reed Olivia Holt - Nadia Rostova / Reed Dylan Kingwell - Niko Rostov / Reed Rowan Blanchard - Hailey Harringto...
42.4K 888 27
Cameron Daniel Fuller, oldest son of DJ Fuller. Watch as he navigates through his new life with his family