FOREVER MINE

By latenight-writes

[Book 2] ••••••••••• After constantly being lied to and betrayed from not only her family but also her once b... More

P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26

C H A P T E R 22

2K 65 45
By latenight-writes

ANGELA
•••••••••••••

Elijah has been holding my hand the whole car ride to his mother's birthday party. It's quiet - a comfortable quiet - but I can tell something's off.

He usually likes to hold my hand and sometimes doesn't even realize he's holding it until I let go. But this time it kinda feels different.

He's been silent ever since we got in the car and his grip on my hand tightens and loosens from time to time - as if to reassure himself that I'm still here.

He's stressed about something.

"Elijah?"

He takes a moment to react before glancing over at me. "Yes, angel."

"What's wrong?" I wrap my other hand over the both of ours.

"Nothing."

He sighs when I don't say anything and squeezes my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "I don't trust my father. And him being at that party makes me a bit . . . annoyed."

He's definitely more than just annoyed.

I squeeze his hand back and run my other hand up his arm reassuringly. "He wouldn't do anything stupid while you and all your men are there, right?"

He glances at me with a look of doubt on his face and shakes his head. "Angela I'm worried about your safety and him being there puts it at risk. It's going to be hard to protect you if I don't exactly know what his intentions are."

I sigh and turn away from him, looking straight ahead. "I can protect myself you know. I'm not that same scared and naive little girl anymore."

I let go of his hand.

The car jolts as Elijah abruptly comes to a stop in the middle of the road. There isn't a lot of trafic tonight, but the few cars that overtake us, beeps annoyingly loud as they pass by. Elijah ignores it before fully turning towards me.

"I didn't say that you couldn't protect yourself Angela. I know you can." He takes my face into his hands, leaning in, "I'm just worried.I've lost you so many times, I don't think my heart can handle losing you again." He says softly.

He leans closer and softly kisses the side of my mouth. "You mean everything to me. Please don't think that me worrying about you also means that I don't trust your capability. I worry because I care."

My chest tightens, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overreact. I just get a bit defensive sometimes with these kinds of things. I've been underestimated and manipulated for so long that it's become a sensitive topic. I know you mean well, but you don't have to worry so much. I'll be by your side the whole night."

I lean forward and kiss his lips. He closes his eyes for a moment before pulling back. "You promise?"

I smile fondly at him as I say, "Pinky promise, gummy bear."

His lips tip into a small smile as I say this.

"Good." He then starts up the car and grabs my hand again. "Don't let go of my hand again, please angel."

I reply by kissing his knuckles and squeezing his hand.

◇●◇●◇

"Angela darling!" Elijah's mother, Cynthia greets as we walk through the doors.

She looks absolutely beautiful. She's literally the most classiest woman I've ever met. Her hair is elegantly styled while she wears a gorgeous emerald dress.

"Happy birthday, Cynthia. You look amazing." I say as I give her a hug.

She squeezes me tight in return before saying, "Thank you, darling." She turns towards Elijah and her smile brightens even more.

"Buon compleanno, mama." He says with a small smile. "I already arranged for your gifts to be delivered to your room."

She's beaming at him now. "Thank you, baby.Ti amo tanto." She pulls him in for a tight hug and he hugs her back with a soft look on his face.

As soon as they pull apart, his expression falls back into place, showing no emotion. He grabs my hand when his mother gets called by a few of the other guests here.

I squeeze his hand in return and offer him a small smile for reassurance.

"You look quite lovely in that dress, sweet Angela." A voice from behind interrupts.

Elijah narrows his eyes at the person behind me. I turn around, coming face to face with Cyrus - Elijah's brother.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I offer him a smile as he smiles back kindly in return.

I have to admit that he does look good in a suit. His hair is neatly braided and tied together at the back and his eyes shine with nothing but mischief.

He grabs my other hand before raising it towards his lips, gently leaving a small kiss. He keeps his eyes trained on mine and smirks when Elijah gently takes my hand away.

"Cyrus." Elijah warns, as he stares at his brother.

Cyrus laughs before finally looking at Elijah and nodding his head, "Good to see you too, brother." He looks back at me says, "I hope you enjoy the rest of the night, sweet Angela. If you'll excuse me, I'll be outside in the garden, avoiding everyone at this party." He smiles but it looks kind of forced.

I frown as I stare at his retreating back. Elijah clears his throat, "Ignore him. He doesn't like crowds and tend to always piss me off any chance he can get."

He puts his palm on my lower back and guides me to the rest of the guests here. Dante and Nicole arrived shortly after us and went to go wish Cynthia a happy birthday.

As Elijah talks to a few of his close associates who has also attended, I take the time to look around the crowded room. It seems like Elijah's father invited quite a lot of his business friends.

I still can't believe he arranged this party mainly to finalize, probably to entertain too, his business partners. It's his wife's birthday party but he's been yapping away with some older men near the bar, ever since we've arrived.

Cynthia seems happy though. I'm not sure if the bright smile she gives all the guests are fake or if she's genuinely enjoying herself. Her face only seems to light up when she's around her sons and that small detail makes my heart warm deeply.

It makes me happy knowing that Elijah has someone in his life who cares about him. Who loves him and would always cherish him. A mother's love is the most purest love there could be and I'm happy Elijah was able to have that kind love growing up. Especially all the times his father dragged him through hell and back. Those were times he needed his mother's love. And I'm sure she gave him just that in a time where that was the only thing she could give him.

The sound of someone clearing their throat and tapping a mic, snaps me out of my thoughts. My gaze turns towards the stage, where Emilio is now standing.

The soft background music that was playing, goes silent as everyone turns their attention to the stage.

"Thank you everyone for coming to my wife, Cynthia's birthday celebration. I am truly greatful to have such an amazing wife." He looks at Cynthia and waves her up to the stage.She smiles before joining her husband.

Emilio wraps one arm around her waist and tightly pulls her next to him.

Elijah flinches beside me, tightening his hand around mine.

"My wife only deserves the best. The best husband. The best sons. The best mansion and gifts money can buy. . ." He chuckles when a few of his business friends laughs at this.

"That's why why I arranged this celebration. To celebrate her special day. To celebrate new friendships, new families, new alliances , new opportunities and . . . new beginnings. She doesn't usually celebrate her birthday by throwing a big party and going out. But this year. . . this year is different." He looks over the crowd before his eyes finally settle on mine and he smiles.

"This year we're going out with a bang."

This is the last thing he says before gun shots starts going off and screams erupt in the air.

●◇●◇●◇●◇●

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 11.8K 53
Some of the chapters are private so press follow. Sequel to broken promises. To show somebody tough love today will save them a heartache in the fu...
29.1K 1.4K 91
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] This book is a sequel to Assassin Love and cannot be read as a stand alone. READ ASSASSIN LOVE FIRST OTHERWISE YOU...
228K 5.3K 47
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 2 of 3! Read Book 1 - Made For The Mafia - before reading this book and the synopsis below to avoid spoilers! ~~~ It's...
22.1K 1.3K 66
[Book 2] You can't escape the mafia. Stella's world has fallen apart more than once. Even so, she tries to hold on to the shattered pieces of her hu...