Her Bestfriend's Brother [Edi...

By Fairydust_sparkles

Layla is in her first year of college with her best friends and her boyfriend, all ready to experience the fu... More

Cast N Aesthetics✨
Cast
Part 1 : Unspoken Tensions
Part 2 : Intrigue and Intrusions
Part 3 : Hidden Desires
Part 4 : Bonds Of Resilience
Part 5: Talking About You Everywhere
Part 6: I Can Eat This All Day
Part 7: Head Over Heels For Her
Part 8 : Went All Gorilla Mode
Part 9: Always Come To Your Rescue
Part 10: Laughs Like A Maniac
Part 11: He Can Just Dream About Her
Part 12: Your Weird Ass Boyfriend
Part 13: Before Theo Barged In
Part 14: Are You Wearing Seatbelt?
Added Casstt!!✨
Part 15: To Look Like A Princess
Part 16: Take selfies and go live
Part 17: She Meant Sons Of Bitches
Part 18: Taunt Queen Shifa
Part 19: I'm Glad I Could Help
Part 20: Kill Me Along With You
Part 21: The Problematic Big Brother
Note!!
Part 23 : Is Something Going On?
Part 24: After Playing Super Mario
Part 25: And I Drowned In That Flood
Part 26: She's Off Limits
Part 27: I Can't See You Crying Layla
Part 28: Your Second Best Decision Zayn
Part 29: For The Rest Of My Life
Part 30 : No Competition Against Him
Part 31: Fall Three Times Back To Back
Part 32: He's My Best Friend's Brother
Part 33: I'm Irresistible
Part 34: I Intend To Be Your Last
Part 35: Eat This All Day
Part 36: Always And Forever
Part 37:What Day Is It
Part 38: Iqra, Who Is He?
Part 39: Blueberry Cheesecake
Part 40: This Is A Dream
Part 41: At The Florist
Part 42: Some Chicken Wings
Part 43: Under The Stars
Part 44: Whispers Of The Dark
Part 45: Shadows of Doubt
Part 46: Memorable Moments
Part 47: Girly Dose
Part 48: Milestones
Part 49: Ellaa!

Part 22: Favourite Song On Repeat

124 10 3
By Fairydust_sparkles

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"I'd never do anything to hurt you, Layla. Not even in my wildest dreams can I think of harming you. And just so you know, I can never forget the memories we share Layla, never. From our first meet to our first lunch together to the last moment we spent together, I remember everything." 

His words were echoing in my mind as if someone was playing their favourite song on repeat. I just couldn't get it out of my mind.

"Layla Khan." I stand up at the mention of my name and walk to the podium. "So Layla, you have been selected as the lead dancer and now we have to find a partner for you," A girl who looks much younger to be a teacher spoke.

I am selected? But I never gave any audition, then how can they- Oh right. They must've seen the videos of my dance that Imran sent them. Turns out that Imran did this because he knows my liking for dance and thought I'd like it. What he did was wrong but I do like it in a way.

"With all due respect, what about the others who've been wanting this role?" I ask her and she smiles and replies, "About that, we already took their audition just to see if someone else gets this role, but no one dances like you. It's nice of you to think that."

I smiled at her response and we discussed it for a little more time.
Then came a rather difficult task- finding me a partner. We had to audition guys to see who would be my perfect partner in the dance. Imran was here to help and he was conducting the auditions as he is the Ex-President of the college.

He must help in every event of the college, and from what I've seen, he is doing it sincerely.
He was currently showing some dance moves to the participants and trust me, he does it so well! The way his hand goes up in the air, how his hair bounces and his legs move to the rhythm, it's just so... different!

* * * * *

We've been doing this for the past 45 minutes, but still, no guy matches and syncs with me. "Oh wow! I know who to select Layla!" Ms.Claire, our teacher spoke and looked at me with excitement.

Oh god, please help me. She excused herself and went to Imran and whispered something in his ear, to which he immediately denied by nodding his head sideways.

She said something to Imran and then they came towards me, ready to bombard me with her plan. "Layla, I've decided who's gonna be your partner- Imran!" She exclaimed and I looked at Imran, probably with my eyes as huge as tennis balls.

No no no no. This- this can't happen because the moment Zayn finds out, he's gonna think that it was Imran who gave this idea and they're gonna get in a huge fight. I don't want that to happen.

Or, Ms Claire could clarify herself that it was her idea and not Imran's and we all remain safe and happy! Yup, that sounds better, but me and Imran dancing? Ugh! I'm not sure how Zayn and Amaan would react to this. They better not be freaking out.

I looked at Imran who was looking at me and said, "Layla, are you okay with it? 'Coz I don't wanna do this if you're uncomfortable, We can just find someone else, you know." I shook my head and said, "It's fine. You don't- you don't have to do that."

So, our theme was something like a play. We had to dance and act, meaning two activities were combined into one.

I hadn't read the script or the theme yet. Turns out that Clair was just a few years older than us and we got along well. She just said that the theme was dreamy and kind of romantic. She also insisted that we call her just 'Claire' and not 'Ms Claire' because it makes her sound like a 35-year-old teacher.

Today was all about the events- planning, making teams, arrangements, giving responsibilities, etc. and we had fun while doing it. Now it was recess time and I was proceeding to our table in the canteen with Imran.

He says, "We both are going to the canteen so why don't we go there together?" I shook my head and continued walking with him. I looked around and saw that none of my friends were here so I sat at our table along with Imran, waiting for them.

"Hey, I'm ordering food for me, you want something?" Imran tapped my shoulder and asked, to which I nodded and replied, "Umm, get me a doub-" "Double cheese chicken burger, sure." He spoke and left to place our order, leaving me in shock that he remembered what I liked.

I called Iqra, who said that she'd be here in a minute with everyone else. I was scrolling through Pinterest on my phone when I received a tap on my shoulder again, this time from someone else and not Imran.

I turned and saw Amaan standing there, so I went out and he hugged me longer than usual. I pulled myself out of the hug and said, "Woah woah Amaan, what's wrong?" He shook his head and said, "Nothing much, I just decided that I will take part in the play with you, as the lead role."

He doesn't know about it. "Uhm, Amaan, since when do you do plays and dances?" I ask as he replies, "I'd do anything for you Layla."

"Amaan, uhm actually-" "Sorry to interrupt you guys, but that role is taken." I turned around and saw Imran standing with a tray which had my double cheese chicken burger and his chicken salad with two cokes.

"And here's your lunch Layla," he said and kept it on the table, due to which Amaan asked, "What is he doing here Layla? And why is he bringing your lunch?" Oh God!

"He was going to get his order so he asked me if I wanted something and he got it for me as well. That's not a big deal Amaan," I reply and sit at my place when he continues, "Leave that, I'll talk about that later, but tell me who is the male lead role?"

I looked at Imran who was already looking at me and said, "Him," knowing that Amaan was going to make an issue out of it. "You're doing it with him?" He asked, pressuring on the word 'him' and I replied, "Yes Amaan, I was selected as the lead role and so is he. None of us forces anyone to select us and I know what to do and what not to."

He looked at me and held my hand, pulling me away from Imran to another side of the canteen. "Layla, are you nuts? Are you really gonna be in a play, as his lead role? What will Zayn say about it?" He said, still holding my hand, to which I replied, "Amaan, Zayn knows that I can make my decisions on my own. I don't think there's anything wrong in being in a play with my best friend's brother, considering how you have been hanging out and talking with girls nowadays."

At this, his grip on my hand tightened and I winced in pain, as he said, "Layla, they're- they're just a few friends, and I don't need your permission or approval to hang out with anyone, hmm?"

"Amaan leave my hand, You're hurting me," I say softly, but it doesn't have any effect on him. "Amaan my hand is paining, leave me!" I whisper shout at him, but he doesn't listen. I try to free myself from his grip, but he holds my other hand and says, "Layla, you're gonna do just as I say, withdraw your name from that play or get Imran to withdraw his name, or we're over."

Okay, so he's gonna blackmail me, seriously? "Amaan just listen to yourself. I am not doing any such thing and I'm telling you one last time, leave my hand."
"How can you say no to me, huh?" He gritted, leaving me in utter shock at his behaviour. I've never seen him act like this. "Amaan! Leave her hand!" I turn to see Zayn standing there with Iqra, Shifa Hailey and Theo.

"What are you doing Amaan?" He questioned him when he saw Amaan holding my hand, to which Amaan replied, "Zayn, this is our personal matter, so it'd be good if you don't interfere here." I looked at him in shock, he's never been like this.

"Really? The girl whose hand you are holding is my sister, just so you have forgotten. And I can't tolerate this behaviour with my sister." Zayn said and freed my hand, held it and attempted to pull me towards him. Keyword- attempted, Amaan again held my hand firmly, not letting it go.

"Do you even know the reason, why I'm doing this Zayn? She was there, sitting happily with the guy you hate- your brother, Imran!" He spat and Zayn looked at me. He's making it much worse than it is.

"Talking about me?" Imran came and stood beside me, knowing that something was off. He looked at me and I shook my head, asking him to be quiet. "So what? I don't mind it as long as she's safe and comfortable. She can hang out with her best friend's brother." Zayn said and I smiled.

Amaan looked at him as if he had said something in French. "You-you're saying you have no problem with Imran and Layla being around each other? Damn it Zayn they're partners in a dance! Is that alright with you?" What is his problem- and why is he acting this way?

"What's the issue here? If you've forgotten Amaan, Imran- my brother whom I hate was the guy who saved Lay that day. I know she's safe with him and rather than not trusting Imran, you should have faith in her, in your girlfriend."

"You don't need to tell me what to do, okay Zayn? She's my girlfriend, not yours. And you Layla? Withdraw your name from that play or make Imran do that; else-" "Else what Amaan? Enough is enough and just stop it! I'm- I'm tired of this. And you know what? Do whatever you wanna do, but I'm not gonna stop doing something I like just because you don't want me to do it." I spoke and jerked my hand from his grip and walked away into the canteen.

* * * * *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 10.3K 57
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
49.1K 1.3K 22
A group of girls have been friends since High School and their friendship has been strong. However, their deal is that they won't date because they o...
149K 4K 18
In the middle of the war between the marines and the Whitebeard pirates, a bright light appeared bring the strawhat pirates, along with the whitebear...
57.5K 569 16
Just some Narnia Preferences! I do: Edmund Peter Caspian You can request if ya want to! DISCLAIMER: I do not own Narnia or the characters!