Quarels

By aylanerd

Montressor. 43278900 NE. And where are we? In the cafe working 3 shifts to make my own pay. And school. And h... More

Cafeteria
Circles and Cyborgs
Delbert's mansion
Rude Awakenings
Launching
Spider Psyco
Dishes
Meetings with Amelia

Sleepover Under the Stars

4 0 0
By aylanerd

I sigh as I flop onto the plush, luxurious bed in one of Delbert's guest rooms. I think he had forgotten all our stuff burned with the inn. That's why he bambarded us with apologies and promised to take us shopping in the morning. I figured I should wash up before bed.

I walk to the bathroom and look myself in the mirror. Theres soot covering my face and shirt and my hair is all tangled. I take off my shirt and rinse it in the sink then I wash my face with water. It feels nice, the cool water on my hot face. Finally i take my hair down from its ponytail and look around for a brush. I had noticed another door when i first walked in, but I had thought it a closet. That was until Jim walked in.

"Agh! Jim what are you doing! I could've been changing!" I yell.

"Sorry- I- uh- needed the bathroom and this is the one in my room and I- uh- wow..." he says as he stares at me. His face turns bright red.

"Get out you perv!" I more jokingly tease. I walk over to him and shove him out of the door way and slam the door. What a weird guy.

I finally find a spare brush in a drawer with a bunch of extra toiletries. I get my hair straightened out then descide to brush my teeth. Finally I yell "ok I'm done now" to Jim, and go to my room and am sure to shut the door behind me.

Theres a desk with a lamp, a bed, a bookcase, and a wardrobe in my room. I walk over to the bookshelf and scan the shelves. Lots of books on space, and I finally find one that sounds interesting to me, and perhaps will help with our journey.

"Captain Flint: History or Legend?" I read aloud.

"History obviously." I hear someone say from the bathroom doorway. I spin around and see Jim standing there with a smile on his face and no shirt on his body. Now its my turn to blush. What? He works out ok? I turn back around to stop myself from staring. I just yelled at him for that exact reason.

"Well duh. If we found his treasure map its a no brainer." I say over my shoulder. Now that I've composed myself, I go lay on my bed. I pat the matress next to me and Jim runs over and jumps on top of me. Where his skin touches mine I feel all tingly and light. Weird.

"Get off you big ofe!" I jab at his side and he rolls off and onto the bed. I open the book.

"Some say Captain Flint was only a story crew members told to scare people off. We talk to Captain Amelia about the subject. 'Oh he's real alright. Just like a 7 tentacled barnabus whale.' This is sarcasm as there is no such thing. 'But I do believe there are pirates who will do anything to get there hands on treasure. Stay safe and don't get duped.' As you can see there is a certain debate over the whole topic."

"Oh come on. Doesn't every space captain know he was real?" Jim asks.

"Obviously not." I state.

"What do you think it'll be like? I mean treasure planet." Jim asks.

"Probly round with some rings and lots of gold." I answer. He jabs my side and gives me a 'no duh' look. "Well you asked! But I really don't know. But we'll find out." I say.

"Yah we will! We're going to be legends! We can finally do something with our lives! Everyone will have to be nice cause we'll be rich!" He shouts back.

"But I mean, say we don't find it. What would we come back to?" I ask. Way to somber the mood y/n.

"Well thats not going to happen, is it?" He says I shake my head no. "Hey. Things will get better. I promise." He holds out his pink. I laugh.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yes! Now swear." I hold out my pinky and we link then kiss our thumbs and press them together.

"Now they have to be better." He says. I nod and sigh. He didn't get what I had been through at school. I didn't want to lose him to his riches too. Lets hope things becomse diffrent for the better. I flip on my back and look up. The canopy is navy with little white stars all over. It's quite beautiful.

"You know, when my parents left I didn't think I had any family left. But you've proven me wrong. You guys are my family. Promise that wont change?" I say. He flips over too.

"I promise. I never want that to change." He states. We lay there looking at the constelations on the canopy. My eyes start to feel really heavy and i am nearly asleep when I turn to Jim.

"You should probably head back and get some rest before-" I look to see him fast asleep. Well, a sleepover never hurt anyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.8K 17
Jim and you have been best friends since you were toddlers, and as you've grown, your relationship with him has become stronger. But lately, you've b...
6.4K 123 20
"ᴬⁿᵈ ⁱᶠ ʷᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃˡⁱᵛᵉ ʷᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʸˢ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ, ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈⁱᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵃᵗ ᵐᵉ," ʸ/ⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ᵃˢ ˢʰᵉ ᶠⁱʳᵐˡʸ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏᵉᵈ ᴶⁱᵐ ˢʰ...
312K 7K 24
🌹🩸🧇 ──── 𝚂𝚃! ┊͙ ・... ˏˋ ˖*°࿐ 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 ⌗⌗ ˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ 𝐈𝐌 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨�...
63.6K 1.3K 12
Moon wasn't meant to be alive. A biological and scientific failure so shouted by the head scientist when he hatched. Moon was a Velociraptor...A Ma...