Lost In The Darkness {Edited}

By Ms_CornSalad

Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and doe... More

Copyright ©️
Author Note
Introduction and TW
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter~3
Chapter~4
Chapter~5
Chapter~6
Chapter~7
Chapter~8
Chapter~10
Chapter~11
Chapter~12
Chapter~13
Chapter~14
Chapter~15
Chapter ~16
Chapter~17
Chapter~18
Chapter~19
Chapter~20
Chapter~21
Chapter~22
Chapter~23
Chapter~ 24
Chapter~25
Chapter~26
chapter~27
Chapter - 28
Chapter~29
Chapter~30
Chapter~31
Chapter ~32
Chapter~33
Chapter~34
Chapter~35
Chapter~36
Chapter~37
Chapter~38
Chapter ~39
Chapter~40
Chapter~41
Chapter~42
Chapter~43
Chapter~44
Chapter~45
Chapter~46
Chapter~47
Chapter~48
Chapter~49
Chapter~50
Chapter ~ 51
Chapter~52

Chapter~9

703 26 35
By Ms_CornSalad

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy ❣️
.
.
.

"Vanessa" 

The guy rushed towards me and before I know it, I was pulled into a very familiar comfortable embrace. Not that I would admit loudly.

"Get away from me." I scowled, playfully pushing Matthew's body away from mine.

"What are you doing here?" Matthew questioned, staring at me with his carefree grin.

"Being a good citizen and following the law." I responded, finally taking a step back. There is a limit to tolerating any physical contact before a prickling sensation of hurting the person takes over my senses.

"Now I get why Damien has been out of his mind with excitement." He exclaimed acting like he just unraveled some nuclear science concept unknown to the military scientists.

"Woah, how about we don't ignore my presence?" Nicolo sang out, putting himself between Mathew and me.

"How about you stop being miserable jealous prick of a best friend?" Matthew scoffed, shoving Nicolo. Nicolo lost his footing and almost stumble down to the surface.

"It is too early for this." I whispered and headed to the kitchen, leaving behind two bickering 26-year-old kids.

My eyes noticed Dante sitting at the head of the table with newspaper in his hands and his focus solely on the words written there. Vincenzo was in the kitchen and making something on the stove with a rainbow-colored apron over his completely black and white formal attire. Lorenzo and Angelo were showing something to each other on the phone and laughing about it. Lastly, Armano laid his face down on the table, his eyes shut closed and drool coming out of his mouth.

Deliberately sitting on the empty chair besides Armano, I flukily kicked his leg. He jerked awake with a shriek and almost fell down. My hands curl around his bicep deterring him from falling out of his chair.

"Good morning sister." He smiled as soon as he regain his composure. In response, I acknowledged his words with an eye roll. No morning is good.

Vincenzo placed a bowl of cereals flooding in the milk in front of me followed by a glass of orange juice. My eyes shot up to his beaming face, as he took a seat opposite to mine. 

"Did you sleep comfortably?" Dante asked although he was still reading the newspaper. 

I slept as comfortably as one could in a foreign house under which resided strange men who worked in a fucking mafia. In other words, not an ounce of sleep and comfort graced me last night. Hence the reason why I had freshen up an hour or so earlier.

But rather than saying that, I just ignored his question. A few seconds later, the bickering kids paraded into the kitchen, still throwing insults towards each other.

Their pitter-patter caught the attention of everyone in the room and turned out, I wasn't the only one getting annoyed when a grumbling speech left the man reading his newspaper.

"Be quiet."

Both the men shut their mouth, taking the last two vacant seats. 

"Why do you come here every morning? Do you not have breakfast at your place?" Angelo grumbled out towards Matthew, his permanent scowl set on his face.

"Actually, yes. That's the reason. Will you be so good and buy me some breakfast to last for days?" Matthew retorted before flipping Angelo off. Then he turned his attention back to me.

"You, young lady, are in a lot of trouble." He narrowed his eyes at me in accusation.

"For what?" I asked. My mind knowing it's Matthew could care less. In true honesty, if he is saying I am in trouble it basically means that he is being dramatic for over nothing. On the other hand, if I did really did something, I would still not be in trouble.

"When was the last time you called me?" He scrunched his eyes, peering at me with his funny glare.

"Oh c'mon! It has only been two days." I tsk, eating the rainbow colored cereals. What is Vincenzo's obsession with colors? Does he have some stupid fetish for bright and colorful things? I thought, eating the cereals. They were too sweet. 

My eyes narrowed at the orange juice. Does he really expect me to drink something more sweet after this? It is bloody morning for the sake of breakfast. I need caffeine more than anything at this point.

"Brother?" I announced and did not expect responses from everyone. 

My eyes took in the faces of everyone, even Dante who was no longer reading his newspaper, as they waited for me to continue.

"I was referring to Matthew." My words were followed by everyone frowning.

"Make me a cup of coffee." I continued, although my words came out more like an order. Matthew gave me thumbs up and went to the kitchen like the man lives here.

"How do you both know each other?" Dante asked. He had placed the newspaper down on the table and his fingers were interlinked together as he rested his elbow above the paper. His hazel eyes were intensely fixated on my face.

Much to his dismay, it was Matthew who answered from the kitchen, oblivious that the question was directed at me.

"I have known her since she was in diapers. My brother calls her his best friend, although I doubt that. I mean Vanessa is out of his league even in the friends department. Do you know she used to shit in our backyard?" He rambled out.

The cereal got stuck in my throat hearing the last part choking the breath out of me. Someone carefully patted my back while I coughed out loudly.

As soon as I recovered from near dying incident, I sent a withering sneer towards him. When he noticed my reaction, he raised his hands in surrender and chuckled nervously.

"The difference between me shitting in your backyard and you wetting the bed till you turn 13 is the fact that my words are not a lie. Also, I am snitching whatever you said about Damien to him."  His face paled as the words escaped my mouth smoothly.

"Matthew? Is it true?" Nicolo sniggered, covering his mouth with the back of his palm to hide his smile.

"It was because I used to dream about peeing in my dream. I did not know I would also pee in real." Matthew defended his lost dignity.

"I am so furious at you Vanessa. How can you let my dirty secret out like that?" He cried out hysterically while putting the cup of coffee in front of me.

"It is not that of a big deal." I rolled my eyes at him, bringing the cup of the blistering liquid to my mouth. Taking a sip of the burning coffee, I sighed in content. Matthew makes the best coffee without a doubt.

"You broke my trust. It is a big deal to me." He put his palm on his chest where his heart is supposed to be and  acted like his heart was hurting.

"How do you know these people?" I asked him, ignoring his exaggerating tactics. 

"I met Nicolo during our college days, when was it? Almost 9 years back. Since then, he has become my life's companion." Matthew answered, patting Nicolo's back with a force.

I hummed, drinking my coffee.

"Sorella? Your brothers will take you to a mall for shopping. Buy whatever you might need." Dante stated, getting up from the chair.

"Why do I need to go? I already brought everything I needed with me." I replied, genuinely not in the mood to go.

I don't mind shopping, but what I do hate is searching for stuff that my eyes and mind find pleasant then talk to strangers about buying it. Worst thing? I just can't decide sometimes and I hate roaming everywhere because it tires me.

"I saw your stuff and that's why I am saying that need new stuff as well." He ordered.

"Why? Does my cheap stuff offends your richness and taints the place with dirt?" I snapped, placing the empty cup of coffee on the table with a thump.

"What? No!" Vincenzo exclaimed as Dante seemed to be shocked and still processing my words.

"We just want to spoil you and buy you things because we could not earlier." Dante finally found his words and stated.

"I will pass." I muttered, dragging my body away from the chair. There is no way I am letting them buy me things with the money that came from ruining the lives of many.

Last night, I got an intel that Giordano family is expanding their business to the western territories which are under Rossi family. Which means either the Rossi's have finally decided to expand the area of their business and partaking a role in this or it has been done under their nose and they are unaware.

If it's the former, then my plan will have to change and be more elaborate to destroy both the Mafia organizations. If latter is the case, then I might consider giving them a chance.

Cosa Nostra will end or I will die trying. But all I know is that I won't stop. Not at any point.

__________________________________

A/N: How was the chapter? Hopefully you liked it.

Yesterday, I went to visit my grandma and when I came back home, it was already late and I was dead tired. Thus, couldn't update.

Today, I will either update 2 long chapters or 3 if I can.

Anyways, from the next chapter onwards, every chapter will begin with a past memory  and then I will continue with the present. {I still might change my mind if something better crosses my mind.}

What are your opinions?  Is there anything you want to see?

Bye, take care!!!!1

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 44.1K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
407K 9.8K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
448K 13.7K 30
"Whatever you have that stupid grin on your face for, the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Mafia friends, none of any of that. And mos...
10K 150 12
Amina is 23 years old and just ended the college for nursery and has been working at a small hospital at big New York for 2 months. Her dad is a doct...