Rebirth of a Star General

By AspiranteOne

The ancient saying goes: Most generals come from Guan Xi, while ministers come from Guan Dong. He Yan was bor... More

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
86-90
91-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
116-120
121-125
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-150

56-60

977 22 3
By AspiranteOne

Chapter 56

     "Can I?"

"I don't think so," Liang Ping thought. Just as he was about to say it, someone said, "Hey, why are you asking Liang Jiaotou? Just ask He Yan! That guy knows what he's doing. If he's willing, then let's compete. If he's not, then forget it. Isn't this a simple matter? "

"That makes sense." Du Mao nodded and said to Jiang Jiao, "You can ask He Yan directly. But, "he paused and said," You can compete, but don't overdo it. Don't hurt anyone. "

Liang Ping had no choice but to watch Jiang Jiao walk towards He Yan.

When Jiang Jiao arrived in front of Liang Jiaotou's new recruits, he immediately saw He Yan practicing with her spear. It wasn't because she was too eye-catching, but because she was too thin and small in this group of brawny men. Jiang Jiao didn't immediately go forward. Instead, he quietly watched He Yan for a while. He Yan didn't practice any complicated spear techniques. She simply withdrew her spear and thrust it out. Even though it was the most basic spear technique, she practiced it seriously and didn't slack off at all.

After watching for a while, someone noticed him and asked, "Brother, why are you standing here and watching us?"

"I'm looking for someone." Jiang Jiao said and strode in front of He Yan.

He Yan was thrusting her spear forward when someone suddenly grabbed the tip of her spear. The person who had stabbed her took two steps back. She looked up and asked curiously, "Why are you grabbing my spear?"

Jiang Jiao was forced to take two steps back from the stab, and a trace of surprise appeared in his heart. This He Yan looked like he was dancing with his spear, but when he actually held the spearhead, he realized how powerful this spear was. If it weren't for the fact that his family ran a martial arts club, he would've been stabbed to the ground by an ordinary person.

Thinking of this, he put away some of his contempt and looked seriously at He Yan. "I heard that Brother He is unparalleled. I would like to exchange pointers with Brother He in the spear. What do you think? "

He Yan blinked and understood. Was this another person here to challenge him?

Hong Shan, who was standing behind He Yan, slapped his head. "Oh no, people are afraid of fame just like pigs are afraid of being fat. When A He defeated Wang Ba last time, I knew something was wrong. Look, this is the second person's."

"There will be more in the future?" Xiao Mai's asked.

"There are many. There will always be a third, fourth, and fifth." Hong Shan shook his head. "People like to be competitive. What's the point of fighting's win? "

"What's the point?" He Yan felt that it was very interesting. She had always thought that if she wanted to enter the Nine Flags Battalion, she would have to let Xiao Jue know that she was an extraordinary hero who stood out from the crowd. However, Xiao Jue didn't come to the training field every day to watch the recruits train. She didn't have a place to show off either. Unless someone like Wang Ba kept challenging her and building her reputation, it would naturally spread to Xiao Jue's ears.

But for some reason, ever since she competed with Wang Ba in the crossbow competition, no one else came to challenge her. He Yan guessed that the loss of the biscuit made the recruits lose a lot of energy, so they didn't want to see her for the time being. She couldn't take the initiative to find people and ask them to compete with her.

Now, there was another person. If this wasn't giving her a pillow when she was sleepy, then what was? It came at the right time.

"Okay." He Yan placed the spear beside her. "How do you want to compete?"

Her answer was so straightforward that even Jiang Jiao was stunned for a moment. He hesitated for a moment and said, "You just need to spar with the two of us. Don't overdo it."

"Okay." He Yan said, "Go get your spear. Let's compete on the training field."

"You …" Jiang Jiao hesitated and asked, "Don't you need to wait for ten days?"

He Yan was stunned and found it funny. "Don't you need ten days every time?"

Did they think that she needed to perform a ritual in ten days? A few days ago, she didn't have enough arm strength. Now, besides training every day, she didn't forget to practice stone weights. Although she wasn't as good as a strongman, she was good enough for a normal crossbow.

The few instructors who had rushed over after hearing the news huddled together. Someone touched Liang Ping's arm and said, "Old Liang, I've said it before. Maybe your recruit doesn't even care about this competition. You're the only one who's worried about nothing!"

Liang Ping didn't know what to say.

He thought that He Yan wouldn't agree. He thought that if He Yan rejected, Jiang Jiao wouldn't say anything. He didn't expect that He Yan would agree. Did this guy never know how to write the word 'reject'? Or was he so confident that he wouldn't reject anyone who came to challenge him?

"I'm looking forward to it." Du Mao took off the leather water bag at his waist and drank a mouthful of water. He stared at He Yan, who was walking towards the training field. "How about we make a bet?"

"No." Liang Ping refused. The recruit who lost the biscuit last time was starved for a whole month. It was scary just looking at him. Now that the recruit didn't want to gamble, why did the instructors want to bet?

"He's a coward. If he doesn't want to come, I'll do it!" Another instructor said, "I'll bet on the yellow wine that will be distributed at the end of the month. I bet that Jiang Jiao will win!"

When Cheng Lisu heard that He Yan was going to compete with Jiang Jiao, his first reaction was to look for Xiao Jue in the room next door.

He rushed over excitedly. Xiao Jue was talking to his personal bodyguard. He frowned when he saw Cheng Lisu. "Cheng Lisu, why are you running around like this?"

"Uncle, I'm here to tell you to watch a good show!"

Xiao Jue signaled for the bodyguard to leave. After the bodyguard left, he asked, "What's the matter?"

"My sworn brother, Brother He, is going to compete with someone in a spear competition today!" Cheng Lisu grabbed Xiao Jue's sleeve. "It's going to start now. It's at the training field. Let's go watch, okay?"

"He Yan?" Xiao Jue raised his eyebrows.

He remembered He Yan. In just a few short months, this person's name had spread throughout the Liang Province Guards. First, he ran. Then, he went from not being able to draw his bow to not missing his target. Finally, he became Cheng Lisu's sworn brother. Cheng Lisu would secretly bring food to He Yan every few days. He would turn a blind eye to it and treat it as a child's game.

However, this person was determined. Although his talent was average, he would still run to the training field every night after the new recruits went to bed. He would only return to his room to rest at the third watch of the night.

"Yes, you know my brother too!" Cheng Lisu pulled Xiao Jue's sleeve and dragged him outside. "I heard that this kid took the initiative to look for my brother today. My brother will definitely teach him what real spear skills are!"

Xiao Jue glanced at him. "Sleeve."

Cheng Lisu immediately let go of his sleeve and hugged his arm instead. He begged, "Uncle, just go with me and watch. My brother is really amazing. He's not any worse than the strong men in your Nine Flags Battalion! "

Xiao Jue sneered. He didn't seem to care about what Cheng Lisu said. However, he didn't stop and followed him out.

Cheng Lisu sighed in relief. He thought to himself, Brother, this is all I can help you with.

Chapter 57

     The high platform on the training field was usually the place where the head instructor spoke. The open square field was a good place for sparring.

The recruits gathered around the high platform and looked at the two people on the stage.

Jiang Jiao had already received his spear. He was tall and sturdy, and looked very valiant. Probably because he had been practicing martial arts since he was young, he looked different from the other recruits. His appearance was also very good. If one were to be with this person, they would feel very at ease.

He Yan was standing opposite him. Compared to him, He Yan looked more like a teenager who had not yet matured. He was short and thin, but his facial features were delicate. After such a long period of training, he had been under the sun all day long. Although this teenager was tanned, compared to the other recruits, he was very pale. Standing there, he did not look like a recruit. He looked more like a young master from a rich family. He was gentle, handsome, and cute.

Jiang Jiao raised his spear. "You first."

Quite considerate. He Yan smiled and said, "Then I won't be polite." She held her spear in front of her. Her eyes moved slightly and she rushed forward.

Jiang Jiao's face changed and he went forward to meet her.

The two figures were entangled in a fight. "Peng, peng, peng, peng, peng" sounds were heard. In an instant, they seemed to have exchanged more than ten moves. Both of them took a few steps back and looked at each other.

He Yan looked at the other, her smile unchanged. Jiang Jiao looked at He Yan and could not hide his surprise.

As soon as they exchanged moves, he knew that He Yan was definitely not a beginner with the spear. The ten moves that she exchanged with him were all dangerous. He could not attack and could not retreat.

They were evenly matched!

He thought that he had already overestimated He Yan. He did not expect that he had underestimated her.

The recruits below didn't understand. They only felt that He Yan and Jiang Jiao hadn't even exchanged a few blows before they stopped. They weren't satisfied and were somewhat dissatisfied. One after another, they discussed, "What happened just now? Who had the upper hand? "

"I only drank some water. What did I miss? Did you see it? "

"No, I didn't see anything."

Below the stage, the head instructors looked dignified and were speechless for a long time.

Du Mao looked at Liang Ping. Liang Ping hurriedly waved his hand. "I don't know. Don't ask me! He has never shown this during spear practice. I don't know! "

The recruits did not understand, but the head instructors saw it clearly. He Yan and Jiang Jiao exchanged moves. He Yan did not lose. Jiang Jiao underestimated He Yan defeated... Jiang Jiao's spear arts were complex and varied, and he was as agile as a snake. He Yan's spear arts looked simple, but they contained power and could easily deflect Jiang Jiao's spear.

.................................................

.. Liang Ping was half proud and half fearful. He Yan hid his strength too well. If Jiang Jiao did not take the initiative to compete with He Yan, he would only think that He Yan was talented in bows and crossbows. His spear skills were not bad.

On the stage, Jiang Jiao stared at He Yan and said, "Again!"

... He Yan nodded.

This time, it was Jiang Jiao who attacked first with his spear. He Yan met him head-on. The two spears were glued together. The red tassels fluttered in the wind. Jiang Jiao's spear was like a snake. Every attack was dangerous and urgent. It went straight for He Yan's face, but He Yan only tilted her head slightly. The tip of the spear brushed past her cheek and hit nothing.

Jiang Jiao began to get serious. His spear skills were like a torrential downpour. Spear after spear, he tried to find a flaw in He Yan's defense. But miraculously, the young man was agile. Every time he narrowly dodged, the spear in his hand seemed to become an indestructible shield. It blocked Jiang Jiao's spear and prevented it from getting any closer.

"Hurry up! Go faster! Just a little bit more and he'll be defeated! "The recruits below the stage were anxious.

"Why is He Yan only defending and not attacking? Doesn't she know how to use a spear?"

As time passed, Jiang Jiao's spear skills could no longer support such intensive attacks. He stared at He Yan. He did not know how this seemingly weak young man had such strength and endurance. He did not seem tired at all. He was focused. So focused that it was frightening.

In a trance, Jiang Jiao's spear missed its target. He was shocked. He saw the young man opposite him smile. Jiang Jiao did not have time to react. He Yan's spear, which had been defending and not attacking, suddenly stabbed in front of him. He hurriedly used his spear to block, but it was stabbed to the side.

He Yan began to attack.

"The spear is the king of weapons. When weapons meet the spear, they will be defeated." The young man's voice was crisp. It was neither loud nor soft. The forest was empty. When he spoke, there was an echo. It was just enough to spread across the entire training field.

She lowered her body and avoided Jiang Jiao's spear. Then, from bottom to top, she stabbed at Jiang Jiao's face from a tricky angle.

"The Falling Spear Style is the Breaking Staff. The Left and Right Flower Style is the Breaking Card Style." She moved, moved the spear, and rushed forward again.

"That's right. The Breaking Sword, the Breaking Fork, the Breaking Shovel, the Breaking Double Blade, the Breaking Short Blade." Her arms seemed to have infinite strength. Even when blocked, she moved forward and stabbed at Jiang Jiao's left and right. Jiang Jiao did not have time to react. He was already in a sorry state.

"The Hooking Technique is the Breaking Whip, the Breaking Mace." She stepped forward again, the tip of her spear like a storm. Compared to Jiang Jiao's previous attacks, it was not inferior in any way. Furthermore, it was even more accurate, directly grabbing onto every single one of Jiang Jiao's weak points.

"The Breaking Short Blade, the Breaking Halberd." Jiang Jiao had been forced to the edge of the training field. He was in a trance. He felt like the young man in front of him was riding a horse to the battlefield. Everywhere he looked, there was a murderous aura. He was like a hot knife through butter. He was unstoppable. He was forced to retreat step by step. He was utterly defeated.

The long spear pounced straight at his face. Jiang Jiao hurriedly retreated. Suddenly, his feet slipped, and he fell down. His ears rang with the cries of alarm from the recruits below the stage. Jiang Jiao then understood that he had no way to retreat.

All of a sudden, a hand pulled him back.

The spear was pointed at his forehead. It did not move forward. The young man looked thin and weak, but he was very strong. He pulled Jiang Jiao back to the training field and retracted his spear to his side.

A gust of wind blew past, sweeping away the heat from before, leaving only a cool and refreshing feeling on their faces. The flag fluttered in the wind. The birds and insects in the forest chirped.

The young man stood straight. His voice was still crisp. There was no tiredness or panting. He was neither fast nor slow. His voice was powerful and resonant. "Men do not see a real spear, so they are obsessed with weapons. Once they have a real spear, they see weapons as child's play."

Jiang Jiao looked at him in a daze. After a while, he said softly, "You've read the 'Arm Record'?"

The 'Arm Record' recorded spear and blade techniques. Jiang Jiao had read it because his family ran a martial arts school. His grandfather, his father, his brother, and he had all read it. He had read it before, but he felt that what was written in the book was too exaggerated. No one could really do it. But now, he was here, and he knew that it was because he had not learned enough from this young man.

The young man tilted his head and looked at him. He said with a smile, "I've read a little. I understand a little, a little."

Chapter 58

     The recruits below the stage looked up at He Yan.

The previous dozen moves were too short for them to see who had the upper hand. However, there was no need for further explanation. He Yan forced Jiang Jiao to the edge of the stage and almost fell down. Jiang Jiao lost.

This young man had won once again.

"A He Ge is so strong," Xiao Mai murmured. "He's getting stronger and stronger."

Hong Shan scratched his head. "This kid didn't tell us he could do this before."

"It's not his first time practicing the spear," Shi Tou said after a moment of silence. "That's why that person couldn't beat him."

"But that's not right," Hong Shan said. "A He is the young master of a declining family. Does he come from a rich family and usually practice the bow and spear at home?"

It wasn't that He Yan didn't hear the whispers of the recruits below the stage. This was an excellent opportunity. She stabbed her spear into the ground and took two steps forward, saying, "Brothers, I've won again today."

She didn't hide the self-satisfaction on her face when she said this. It was even a bit exaggerated, which was a bit glaring.

"What does this kid want to do?" Du Mao asked.

No one knew what He Yan wanted to do.

He Yan said with a smile, "I think there will be many people who want to challenge me in the future. Don't worry about me not accepting. I don't refuse anyone. However, we only have one match a day. "

Liang Jiaotou's mouth twitched. "This guy, does he think he's setting up the arena?"

He Yan didn't care about the gazes of others. "Whip, saber, spear, saber, equestrian archery, anything in the barracks can challenge me. Don't worry, if I win, I won't take any biscuits. Come if you're willing."

Even though they knew this young man had unique skills, his attitude was too arrogant.

"Too arrogant. How can there be such a person!"

"He's not modest at all. He just beat someone by luck in the bow and spear. He doesn't know his place."

"Could it be that in the entire Frost State Guard, there is no one more powerful than him? There are tens of thousands of men, but none of them can fight? "

He Yan chuckled and thought to himself, It's not that there's no one who can fight. It's just that the young master who can fight the most disdains to fight with her.

She said, "A gentleman's word cannot be taken back. Today, all the Instructor brothers are here. I, He Yan, am a man of my word! If I win, it'll be a friendly match. If I lose, you can make any request. However, "she seemed a little embarrassed," that should be impossible. "

It would have been better if she didn't say anything. Once she did, the recruits were once again filled with angry words.

"He is looking down on us!"

"Does he think there's no one in our Liang Province Guard? Everyone says that ten fingers have different lengths. This brat thinks he's good at everything. Does he think he's General Fengyun?"

"Forget it, forget it. In a few days, we'll see how he slaps his own face!"

He Yan put on an arrogant posture on the stage, then slowly walked down the stage. Before she left, she seemed to think of something and said to Jiang Jiao, who was standing to the side with an uncertain expression, "Actually, you're very good at using the spear."

Jiang Jiao was stunned. He looked at her, not understanding what she meant.

"But you met me. I'm the best." She laughed loudly and walked down the stage, no longer looking at Jiang Jiao's expression.

On the other side, Du Mao's face was as dark as water. He Yan and Jiang Jiao's competition was nothing, but He Yan had just killed Jiang Jiao too miserably. Jiang Jiao might not be able to recover from this setback. This wasn't something he wanted to see. He patted Liang Ping's shoulder and went to Jiang Jiao's side first. He planned to properly persuade this new recruit who had been forced to stand below his horse during his first try, so as to avoid losing a good seedling.

In the pavilion next to the martial arts arena.

"Uncle, my Big Brother He won again!" Cheng Lisu, who had seen everything, jumped up and pointed in He Yan's direction, as if he was the one who had just won the spear competition. He kept praising, "He's really good. No one can beat him!"

Xiao Jue glanced at him. She didn't want to bother with him and turned to leave.

Cheng Lisu thought of something and hurriedly ran to Xiao Jue's side, jumping left and right. "Uncle, look at him! He's number one in the bow, number one in the spear, and from now on, he'll be number one in everything. He's the number one in the Liang Province Guard … the number one other than you, right? "

"Let's wait until he gets number one," Xiao Jue replied indifferently to his enthusiasm.

"He's already gotten number one twice! It's only a matter of time before he gets the other number ones. Also, getting number one twice is already very good, isn't it? Uncle, look at him. How many people in the world can you see such an outstanding talent? Isn't he worthy of joining your Nine Flags Battalion? Uncle, look at him! "

Xiao Jue stopped in his tracks and looked at him.

Cheng Lisu was delighted. He thought he had convinced Xiao Jue. Xiao Jue stared into his eyes and slowly said, "You've been mentioning He Yan a lot recently. You've mentioned the Nine Flags Battalion twice. You've never paid attention to the Nine Flags Battalion before," he said calmly. "Cheng Lisu, are you trying to make He Yan join the Nine Flags Battalion?"

Cheng Lisu's heart skipped a beat. He knew he was in trouble. This uncle of his was the smartest. He suspected him from the slightest clue. He said, "No, no. I just … want you to pay more attention to my big brother."

Xiao Jue said, "Do you think I'm stupid or that you're smart?"

Cheng Lisu stared at him for a moment, then lowered his head dejectedly. "I'm stupid …"

"How do you know about the Nine Flags Battalion?" Xiao Jue asked him.

The handsome young man's gaze was calm. He did not show any signs of anger, but Cheng Lisu felt a chill run down his spine. He answered honestly, "I used to live next door to you. I overheard Chief Instructor Shen talking to you. I knew that the Nine Flags Battalion was planning to recruit new recruits from the Liang Province Guards, so …"

Xiao Jue chuckled and said mockingly, "So you used this information to curry favor with your 'big brother'?"

"No, no. I'm doing this for your sake, Uncle," Cheng Lisu quickly denied. Cheng Lisu hastily denied, "I have nothing to do every day, so I walk around and look around. Among the new recruits of the Liang Province Guard, only Big Brother He has the qualifications to enter the Nine Flags Battalion. The others can't even defeat my Big Brother He, so how can they enter your elite cavalry unit? I'm a loyal person! "

After a moment of silence, Xiao Jue asked, "What did he say?"

"Ah?" Cheng Lisu was stunned at first, then he understood that Xiao Jue was referring to He Yan. He said, "After I told Big Brother He about this, he seemed very happy. Also, he said that he wanted to join the Nine Flags Battalion. "

"He said 'he wants'?" Xiao Jue asked slowly.

Cheng Lisu shrunk his neck. He felt an inexplicable chill run down his spine. He nodded and said, "He said 'he wants' … is there something wrong with that?"

Xiao Jue chuckled as an indescribable emotion surfaced in his limpid eyes. A moment later, he restrained his expression and said indifferently, "This person has quite the guts, and quite the ambition as well."

Chapter 59

     That day, He Yan was once again in the limelight.

On the way back, He Yan even ran into Wang Ba, who was hiding in the crowd. He was there to watch He Yan and Jiang Jiao compete. He wanted to leave after watching, but unfortunately, He Yan saw him. He Yan greeted him from afar, "Brother Wang!"

Under everyone's gaze, Wang Ba's face darkened. He braced himself and called out "Boss" in a voice as soft as a mosquito's buzz. He Yan looked at him with a smile. He turned around and left as if someone was chasing him from behind.

"A He Ge, you're really something," Xiao Mai said enviously.

"Things like this will happen more often in the future. You have to get used to it." He Yan stood on his tiptoes and rubbed Xiao Mai's head. Hong Shan saw this and snorted, "You still want to be his boss? You should grow taller first."

He Yan shrugged. Man proposes, God disposes. Growing taller was something that couldn't be forced.

Perhaps because he was in a good mood, He Yan had a dream when he went back to sleep after secretly practicing as usual.

In the dream, she was standing on the high platform of the martial arts arena. Everyone around her was calling her "Boss". Cheng Lisu ran over and said to her with a smile, "Brother He, you've entered the Nine Flags Battalion!"

"Really?" She was very happy. Then, she heard a voice, "He Rufei?"

She turned around and saw Xiao Jue. He stared at her coldly and said sarcastically, "Are you He Yan or He Rufei?"

He Rufei. When she heard this name, she suddenly woke up from her dream. She sat up and touched her head. She was already sweating profusely.

The sky was bright outside. Hong Shan opened the window and saw her wiping her sweat. He said casually, "It's been so hot these days. I think it's going to rain soon. After a few rounds of rain, the weather will turn cold. Damn it, I don't want to spend the summer in the Liang Zhou Guards anymore. I've lost a layer of skin from the heat. "

He Yan smiled, but he was still a little uneasy. Seeing this, Xiao Mai asked curiously, "A He Ge doesn't look well. Is he suffering from the heat? Would you like some tea leaves? "

"No, it's just hot." He Yan got out of bed and put on his shoes. "I'll be fine after I sweat it out."

After the morning run, he went to the training field to practice martial arts. Today, he was going to practice his saber techniques. As he practiced, a group of people walked over and stopped in front of He Yan.

He Yan put down the knife in his hand.

"Do you mean what you said yesterday?" The leader asked in a deep voice.

This was a bald man with dragon eyebrows, leopard neck, and iron bones. He wore a string of Buddhist beads around his neck. The Buddhist beads shone with a dark light, and each bead was the size of a finger. His hands were holding a large saber with a golden back. He was a lot older than He Yan, he must have passed the age of forty, perhaps he had already reached the Mandate of Heaven. However, he didn't look the slightest bit relaxed or tired. He was like a taut bear.

"My name is Huang Xiong," the bald man said in a muffled voice. "I want to compare notes on saber techniques with you."

The surrounding recruits who were eavesdropping on their conversation suddenly became excited.

"Ah, there's someone, there's someone. So soon, there's someone. I told you, there are tens of thousands of heroes in the Liangzhou Guards. How could we not find someone to teach this kid a lesson!"

"Yes, yes, yes. Destroy his prestige and avenge our biscuit!"

"I think He Yan won't be able to maintain his prestige this time. Look at the saber in Huang Xiong's hand. It's not an ordinary weapon! I'm afraid he used to be a ranger. "

He Yan also noticed the saber in Huang Xiong's hand. The body of the saber was red, the back of the saber was extremely thick, the blade was sharp, and the tip was flat and slightly curved. This kind of saber was very heavy. An ordinary person would find it difficult to wield it. However, it was perfect for a hero like Huang Xiong to wield.

"You have a good saber," He Yan praised.

Hearing this, Huang Xiong's gaze softened slightly. He said, "It's an old friend of mine for thirty years."

He Yan was speechless. He couldn't help but think of his own Qinglang Sword. She was now a new recruit and came out in a hurry. She wasn't like Huang Xiong who brought his saber to Liangzhou. She wasn't used to not having a suitable weapon.

At this time, she was very envious of Huang Xiong.

Huang Xiong saw that He Yan didn't respond. He frowned and said, "Didn't you say yesterday that you wouldn't refuse anyone? Are you not going to accept the challenge now? "

He Yan was surprised for a moment. He smiled and said, "No, I'm a man of my words. I can do it now."

Under everyone's gaze, she calmly walked up to the high platform of the training field.

Below the platform, Liang Ping looked at He Yan's movements with a numb expression.

Du Mao leaned against a tree and said gloatingly, "He Yan, your subordinate, really knows how to stir up trouble."

Liang Ping wanted to go up and slap He Yan. If Du Mao hadn't been so meddlesome yesterday and suggested that Jiang Jiao and He Yan fight, He Yan wouldn't have gone to the training field. He wouldn't have said such nonsense like setting up the arena. Today's events wouldn't have happened.

Now that even Chief Instructor Shen had tacitly agreed to it, Liang Ping couldn't stop it. He could only pray silently in his heart that He Yan would be blessed by good luck today and that he would be able to pass the day peacefully.

Cheng Lisu stayed in Xiao Jue's room. He was bored to death and was scribbling on the small table. His uncle was reading a book sent from Beijing. He didn't know what it was, but he didn't stop reading it the whole morning.

Cheng Lisu felt a little bored. He was thinking about whether he should go out and look at the training field to find some entertainment for himself. Someone knocked on the door. Xiao Jue said, "Come in."

It was Shen Han who came in.

Shen Han walked to Xiao Jue's side and whispered a few words to Xiao Jue. Cheng Lisu moved his chair to the other side and tried his best to listen. He heard a few words.

"He Yan … Huang Xiong … sword duel … training field."

For the first time, Cheng Lisu's brain, which had always been slow, came into use. He thought for a moment and understood what was going on. Someone wanted to compete with He Yan in the saber, and that person was in the martial arts arena right now. He suddenly became excited. His brother was indeed worthy of his title. Yesterday, he said that someone would come to challenge him today. He wanted to go and see now!

Cheng Lisu secretly put down the pen and paper in his hand. While Xiao Jue's back was facing him, he gave Shen Han a look and tiptoed out of the room.

When he reached the door, Xiao Jue said lightly, "Cheng Lisu."

Cheng Lisu was speechless.

He answered with a sullen face. He felt strange in his heart. His uncle didn't have more eyes than others, so why was he always caught every time he wanted to do something?

Cheng Lisu jogged to Xiao Jue and said shyly, "Uncle, I'm just going to take a look. My brother is having a sword duel with someone. How can I not go? I have to be loyal. I'll come back to practice my calligraphy after I'm done. I promise I won't be late! "

Xiao Jue looked up at him. "Did I say you can't go?"

"Huh?" Cheng Lisu suddenly smiled. "Why didn't you say so earlier? I'll go then! "He turned around and was about to run away. Xiao Jue said," Wait. "

Cheng Lisu looked at him suspiciously.

Cheng Lisu stood up and walked out with Shen Han. "I'll go too."

Cheng Lisu was stunned.

"Isn't your brother going to enter the Nine Flags Battalion?" The young man smiled. "I also want to see how he plans to enter the Nine Flags Battalion."

Chapter 60

     He Yan was thinking seriously in front of the weapon rack beside the high platform in the Martial Arts Practice Field.

She didn't use many knives in the past, so it was really inconvenient. Most of the knives on the weapon rack were willow leaf knives and large ring knives, which weren't very convenient for her. She thought about it again and again, then reached out and picked up a small knife on the lowest shelf.

The recruits who were staring at her movements were all stunned when they saw this.

Those who didn't understand asked, "Why is this knife so small? It's not even as long as a person's arm. "

Jiang Jiao was very knowledgeable. Upon seeing this, he said, "This is a pair of Mandarin Duck Blades. It's not just one blade."

The Mandarin Duck Knives were indeed not big, only as long as a person's forearm. The two knives were sealed in the same scabbard and could be hidden in sleeves or boots. The blade was wide and thick, only a few inches in front of the tip of the knife, making it easy to backhand and block.

He Yan slowly pulled the knives out of the scabbard. One was slightly longer and the other was slightly shorter. Because very few people usually used Mandarin Duck Knives, the knives were actually quite new.

"Not bad," she praised in her heart. She played with it in her hand and felt that it was okay.

Wang Ba also came to the bottom of the platform and saw the Mandarin Duck Knives in He Yan's hand. He was stunned for a moment and said, "He actually uses Mandarin Duck Knives?"

Huang Xiong on the platform was also puzzled. He saw He Yan pick the knives again and again. After picking this one, he looked at He Yan differently and asked, "Double knives?"

He Yan nodded. "Double knives."

"I didn't expect you to know how to use double knives at such a young age." Huang Xiong said, "You really know everything!"

He Yan answered humbly, "It's all forced by life."

The people below didn't feel good when they heard this. Du Mao reached out and touched Liang Ping. "What does He Yan's family do? Forced by life, how can he be proficient in all 18 kinds of martial arts? Was he kidnapped when he was young and became a street performer? "

"You're asking me, but who should I ask?" Liang Ping said angrily. He even knew how to use Mandarin Duck Knives. Who would use Mandarin Duck Knives in a decent family? Most Mandarin Duck Knives were used by the underworld!

What kind of person was this?!

Without another word, Huang Xiong slowly drew his long saber from its scabbard and nodded slightly at He Yan. "Brother He, please enlighten me."

He Yan thought to himself, How could it be "Little Brother"? Even if she was nineteen years old in her previous life, she should still call Huang Xiong "Uncle". Now, Cheng Lisu called him Big Brother. If he followed Cheng Lisu, he should call Xiao Jue Uncle. Now, he called Xiao Jue Uncle, but Huang Xiong Big Brother?

Huang Xiong was old enough to be a Xiao Jue's father!

As she was thinking this, Xiao Mai below the stage cried out, "A He Ge, be careful!" Then she saw Huang Xiong rushing over with a knife.

The golden-backed broadsword was wielded vigorously by this big man. He tilted the tip of the sword to the left and slightly shifted his right foot. He turned around and slashed at He Yan.

He Yan was startled. She crouched down to avoid the attack and used the back of her saber to push the tip of the opponent's saber away. With the kite saber in front and the Mandarin Duck Knife behind, she also closed in on Huang Xiong.

Huang Xiong's brute strength was great. With a heavy swing, he knocked away He Yan's saber. He Yan aimed at him and threw her saber. Huang Xiong tilted his head to avoid it. He Yan flipped over and raised her head to catch the throwing saber. The two of them retreated a few steps and were in a deadlock. They stared at each other.

Huang Xiong was not Jiang Jiao. After all, Jiang Jiao was still young. Huang Xiong's saber had been with him for thirty years. The man and the saber had already formed an excellent tacit understanding. When they fought, He Yan had already experienced that this man's skill was above hers.

He Yan had to end the fight quickly. Otherwise, she would be slapping her own face. He Yan calculated in her heart.

Huang Xiong's heart was also in turmoil. For so many years, he had fought with thousands of people. Some were good, some were bad. But this youngster was so young. Just now, he threw and caught the saber smoothly and smoothly. How did he do it? Did he start using a saber when he was three years old?

He Yan thought that Huang Xiong was tall and sturdy. His saber technique was fierce but clumsy. He lost because he was not nimble enough. It seemed that her choice of the Mandarin Duck Knife was just right. This way, she could defeat him in terms of 'speed'.

Her eyes moved slightly. "Continue!" she shouted and stepped forward to meet him.

Huang Xiong held the saber in his right hand. He took a diagonal step to the left and thrust his saber straight at He Yan.

He Yan's Mandarin Duck Knife stabbed forward and clashed with him. Although she looked thin and small, her strength was not weak. The two sabers stuck together, but He Yan still had another saber. She twirled the other saber, bent her elbow and raised the back of the saber above her head. She stabbed at Huang Xiong.

Huang Xiong could not dodge in time. A corner of his clothes was cut off. In a split second, the audience in the martial arts arena cried out in alarm.

From this moment on, everyone discovered that He Yan's movements began to become faster.

Her footwork was extremely nimble. One saber went to entangle Huang Xiong's Golden Broadsword. The other saber was like a snake waiting for an opportunity to strike. Although Huang Xiong was not stabbed by her, he could no longer gain an advantage. The single saber was fierce, the double sabers were nimble. Using softness to overcome hardness, the weak to overcome the strong.

"You just asked me to teach you. I just remembered that our double sabers have a song formula." Unexpectedly, she still had time to talk. "I'll read it to you."

Huang Xiong stared blankly. She took advantage of the opportunity to throw her sharp saber at him again.

"The north wind in June gives birth to two arms. Using both left and right as one." She held a long saber in each hand. Her posture was elegant.

"Two arms intertwined before my eyes. Later than Yu Yang obtaining the Lone Sword." The long sabers danced, making it difficult for people to see the youth's expression. They could only hear his laughter.

"Using one hand alone, swift as lightning. Only the position of the clapper has been learned." She pressed forward step by step, but did not panic.

"Only knowing that the former saber is not enough, using both left and right is trivial." The saber swept toward Huang Xiong's neck. Huang Xiong narrowly avoided it.

"Using the sword today, using the right saber. Obtaining the position of the clapper, using the left." One left, one right. She used them skillfully and freely. He only felt that the saber was her hand. Her hand was like the blade.

On the martial arts arena, she was chanting and dancing. Corresponding to her neither fast nor slow voice, her movements were as fast as lightning.

The clashing of sabers and sabers made a clanging sound. It made people's hearts clench.

When Cheng Lisu and the others came over, they saw this scene.

"Uncle, look, I told you, my big brother will win!" He shouted excitedly.

His shout attracted the attention of the people around him. Someone recognized Xiao Jue and immediately shouted excitedly, "It's Commander in Chief, Military Governor Xiao. General Fengyun has come to the martial arts arena!"

General Fengyun?

With that said, the recruits' eyes were instantly attracted to Xiao Jue. The noise spread to the martial arts arena. He Yan's ears twitched. Xiao Jue?

She turned her head to look. Sure enough, not far from the martial arts arena, standing next to Shen Han and Cheng Lisu was Xiao Jue.

The youth was wearing a dark blue robe embroidered with red-crowned cranes. He had a graceful bearing and a picturesque face. He did not look like a picture scroll with the recruits who filled the martial arts arena. This side was rough and deep, while his side was bright and clear. He Yan could not see his expression clearly because they were too far apart. Presumably, he also had an indifferent and aloof appearance.

She did not expect that Xiao Jue would personally come to watch her compete. Did this mean that her performance yesterday had finally reached the ears of the people who should have heard of it? Did Xiao Jue notice that she was such an outstanding talent?

"Big brother, be careful!" While she was thinking, she heard Cheng Lisu's exclamation. She looked up and saw that the golden saber was already in front of her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 34K 46
This is the sequel of RRR, so new readers please read it before starting this book. Agneya, the soon to be crown prince of Rakshatra, was bounded by...
39.7K 1.6K 52
what will happen when a 28 years old woman travelled back in time in body of a 15 year old girl . Her name is Pari . she was a bigshot in her timel...
6.7M 519K 95
Sitting on the bed, I was waiting for my husband to arrive. It was our wedding Night. I rolled my toes as the visuals of him slowly touching my cheek...
7M 444K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...