Things We Never Said

By melophile_15

"Kavya, my soul exists to love you." He whispered to himself, not to wake her up. His beautiful beautiful wom... More

|| Prologue||
|| 1. Fear breeds inaction||
||2. You can't shine without darkness||
||3. I exist for you||
||4. Be my kadak chai||
||5. He's not what he seems||
||6. You're my First||
||7. "hey.."||
||8. Villain for many||
||9. Lazy afternoons.||
||11. there's always a first||
||12. You and Me ||
||13. Inevitable discomfort||
||14. wedding jitters||
||15. Anxiety or Intuition||
||16 wouldn't couldn't shouldn't||
||17. love or pride||
||18. Choices||
||19. are we still in love?||
||20. Lovelorn||
|| Epilogue ||
|| sequel||

|| 10. Who are you?||

273 17 13
By melophile_15

Everybody at Avanthika Hotels and Groups felt like God was playing a wicked illusion on all of them, for Mr. Joshi seemed happy today.

He didn't smile, thank God he didn't or else employees would have fainted with disbelief.

No it was his relaxed demeanor and rarely bossing people around.

Mr. Joshi wasn't an easy boss to have, but it was because of his strict attitude and goal oriented mindset that, this company was at the top of the market today.

"Sir, there are four important client meetings today."

"Okay, Miss Mishra. Anything else?"

"Yes, CA Dutta is also waiting for you today."

"Let her in then."

The work went on and on, but the happiness lingered around Mr. Joshi.

Packing up for today, he left the office, still checking his phone every now and then, replying to his girlfriend, yes girlfriend, after years of thinking about her, caring for her.

Waiting for you, come jaldi na pls.
-Kavya❤️

Typing a reply quickly, he drove his car to her office, waiting for her in the parking lot.

As soon as she received a text, Kavya quickly moved towards the exit, ready to meet her boyfriend. The butterflies were doing summersaults in her stomach, fluttering around, making her feel things she never felt before.

Walking into the parking lot, she looked around and spotted Adhrit leaning against his expensive brand new car.

The stoic face morphed into something so beautiful, like a child watching a sky filled with clouds for the first time.

"Hey... Adhrit." The way she playfully took his name, with a mischievous smile plastered on her face; made his ears turn pink and he pulled her close.

"Hello to you, my moonlight." He rubbed his nose against hers and Kavya melted away in his arms.

Is this what love feels like?

"Come on, let's go. I have a place for our date tonight." Adhrit said letting go of the hug but still having an arm around the waist.

"Is that so?" Kavya teasingly whispered into his neck, and felt his arm tightening around her.

"Jaan lelogi tum meri ek din."

"You'll be the death of me."

Kavya's laugh lighten up his insides and he opened the door for her and made her sit inside the car.

Adhrit drove while Kavya stared at him shamelessly. They were in their honeymoon phase of their relationship, obsessed to get even small details of each other.

'Teri deewani' played on the radio, and Kavya was so lost in her thoughts as she mentally traced every turn every feature of his in her mind, as if he will disappear the next moment.

For the first time, she felt like she was in love.

Maybe she was since the moment they met, when she thought about that day of Holi, she remembered losing herself in that boy's eyes.

Now she found herself losing into this man's soul and be one.

How can she get so easily obsessed? Or maybe a part of her knew it was him?

"We are here." He said, but Kavya still gazed at him.

"What is it?" He so softly asked turning his body completely towards her.

"It's just...this all...feels like a dream." The raspy voice of Kavya made Adhrit lean closer and play with her hair as he spoke, "dreams are meant to come true."

"You will never leave me na?" Tears glistened in her eyes, a thought of even losing what she has right now scared the shit out of her.

"Never." Adhrit whispered against her forehead and kissed her so gently as if she was a fragile snowflake, bound to break in his fingers if he applied too much pressure.

They got out and still stuck to each other's side, entered inside the restaurant. Kavya's eyes wandered around observing everything, quickly clicking some pictures just like they do for aesthetics, meanwhile Adhrit spoke with the manager.

"What do you mean you gave away our table!?" Kavya flinches at Adhrit cold deadly voice. A vein popped on his forehead and his fist clenched in anger.

"Apologises sir but there was a mix up, and due to our system being down, these glitches have occurred."

"I see." Everybody in the room went silent, when they heard his voice.

Adhrit Joshi was furious and was trying to control his wrath ready to be unleashed.

"So what do you expect us to do?" So cold, so deadly, that even Kavya was scared to grab his hand.

" We have a table for you but you might have to share with another couple." Beads of sweat on the Manager's forehead and his shaky hands showed how much scary Adhrit's gaze was for him.

"It's okay na...Adhrit??" finally mustering up her courage she held his hand and looked at him, hoping he might calm down.

Thankfully he did.

His whole posture changed, with just one woman requesting his attention and his whole anger seeped away.

"Show us the table." His voice was still cold but at least he wasn't angry anymore.

They walked in, Adhrit holding Kavya's hand tight as if she might slip away another second.

The way she looks at him... No one ever looked at him with so much love, and trust...

The gaze she gave him in the car had painted itself so vividly in his mind that he could never forget it ever.

"You will never leave me na?"

"Never."

"Here's your table."

He looked at the couple and felt Kavya stiffen.

"Mr and Mrs Pandya apologises for the inconveniences as we told you before. Here's the couple we told you about."

Oh no.

Kavya's parents were surprised to see Adhrit and her standing there as a couple while they had no clue about them dating.

The manager left and Kavya still stood their like a statue.

The date had just turned into a family dinner and Kavya had no idea what she was going to do now.

A jerk from Adhrit, and she went ahead to sit on the chair he pulled for her.

He went and sat on the opposite side, next to her mother, completely nonchalant of the situation, or atleast pretending.

"So nice to be finally introduced to our daughter's boyfriend." Nandani's voice was laced with sarcasm as she looked at both of them.

"Ma, I was going to tell you both, but we just started dating like two weeks ago. I needed time to talk to you both about this." Kavya spoke in such a loving and understanding way, one might understand where she come from.

Sadly the one wasn't her father.

"Two weeks!?" Rudra glared at Adhrit and then looked at his daughter.

"Rudra don't yell."
"Baba please."
Both Kavya and Nandani spoke simultaneously.

"For two weeks you're seeing this boy and you didn't tell me? I thought we were close!" He whispered yelled trying to avoid his wife's angry eyes.

"Baba please na, I needed time to figure out what we are. I was going to talk about meeting parents today itself with him." She gently held her father's arm trying to make him understand.

"Now you will say that." Rudra scoffed at his daughter giving her a side eye.

"I promise Baba I really was going to, you can see our text messages, see I told him I need to discuss something important with you as well, Right Adhrit???"

"Yes she did." Adhrit said drinking his red wine quietly watching the charades play.

"What kind of texts are these!? You're flirting with him!"

"Rudra please, don't talk like my father." Nandani faced palmed herself watching her husband act childish.

"He's flirting with her, Nandani."

"He's her boyfriend." She deadpanned.

"Anyways," Nandani continued and said, "since this is no longer a date night let's just enjoy ourselves and get to know each other. So boy who are you?"

" I am Adhrit. Adhrit Joshi." For everyone on the table it seemed like Adhrit was being very vague and nonchalant but in reality he was too nervous to even form words let alone a conversation.

He wasn't prepared to have a family dinner so soon!

That manager! I will ruin his life.

"What do you do?"

"I run a business."

"What business?"

"Hotels."

"Is this yours?"

"My hotels are never disappointing please."

"How did you meet our daughter?"

"She's my younger sister's best friend. She came to our place. "

"You're Vishwa's elder brother??"

"Yes."

"Who else is there in your family?"

"It's just us two." Kavya looked at Adhrit throughout the interrogation.

The questions kept coming and he kept answering, clearly and with confidence.

"What are your intentions with our daughter?"

"I am going to marry her." A simple sentence with so much confidence always makes us humans surprised with emotions.

Right now Kavya felt something unfamiliar emotions as she locked eyes with the man sitting infront of her.

Her hands shaking a little out of anxiety, when she felt her father's hands clasping over hers.

"What if she doesn't want to or what if don't allow her to?"

"I trust her enough to know she won't break my heart."

"And about you both not allowing, I can tell you love your daughter more than you love yourself. You will never sabotage her happiness. So I will just have to prove to you both that I am worthy of Kavya."

Adhrit stunned all three of them with so much confidence, and blunt answers.

He was right. Kavya really couldn't break his heart even if she wanted to.

Break my heart Kavya and you'll still find me waiting for you.

Adhrit loved her like skies love ocean, changing shades just to be with it forever.

"You better like eating custard apple, because this girl eats it like crazy."

"Baba!" And they laughed and shared more of embarassing stories of Kavya.

Adhrit finally felt at ease, watching the events play out so unexpectedly well.

Meeting parents and getting their approval meant he could take her out freely and openly without worrying of anything else.

Kavya giggled and rested her head against her dad's arm when she felt Adhrit's soft gaze on her.

He was in awe of how much her smile lightens up everything. Suddenly the room seems brighter, twinkles in her eyes and as of small fairies encircled her head and played with her hair letting it fall against her forehead.

She was ethereal, the most beautiful woman of his life.

He wanted the moment to last forever.

_________________________________

"So now you're his girlfriend?" An uncle in his fifties glared at the ravern head boy who spoke with his mouth full of food. Again.

"Yes."

"And he asked you out on the first date?" The disbelief in his voice oh my god.

"Yes, Dhyaan." I am so tired of this boy!

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I didn't think you had it in you to ask him out anyway. It's a good thing he took the initiative." The audacity of this bit-

"Hey! Technically I was the one who pushed him to ask me out okay!?"

"Yet, he was the one who confessed that he wanted to be exclusive." Unbelievable!

"Who's best friend are you!?"

"Yours. Duh."

"THEN TAKE MY SIDE!" The frustrated smack messed Dhyaan's hair which made him glare at her and twist her wrist.

"Mar ja yaar tu pagal aurat, baal kharabh kar di."

"Go die you dumb woman, how could you ruin my hair man."

The two bickered on and on till they received a phone call, it was Adhrit. 

"Speaker, speaker speaker!" Dhyaan jumped up to take her phone when she swat his hand away.

"Hey." Kavya said while smacking Dhyaan's hands away from her.

"Kavya is missing you so much, yaar mere. "Dhyaan yelled so loud, Adhrit could easily make out his words.

"You do?"

"Shut up!"

"I am sorry."

"No no no I didn't mean you, I meant to this idiot- Dhyaan leave or else I will not take you to that restaurant for your birthday!"

"Aye no!!"

The chaos between the two continued, Adhrit silently smiled to himself listening these two bicker like kids.

Adhrit's assistant fainted in her seat as she saw her boss smile while speaking on the phone.

Boss can smile!!!!????????

________________________________

Hello lovelies!

Assistant Mishra needs to her pulse to be checked because CEO Joshi can even smile!? 😂

Yaar mere means my friend or my dear.

Updated on 18/08/2023.

Vote for the chapter pleaseeeee.

Comment on your favourite dialogues too hahaha.

It motivates me alot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816K 30K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
336K 14K 42
Saumya... Tomorrow is the big day of my life. The engagement day. I was busy praying and something cold was touching my neck. I shivered. Was it any...
9.4K 347 21
Samaira Raj: An introvert and mute, only have one bestfriend Aina Qureshi, a bookworm, loves her family so much and afraid to fall in love becoz she...
2.9K 114 12
True Love Series #2 "क्या जाने तू मेरे इरादे, ले जाऊंगा सांसे चुराके " *"Don't pretend I know you love it when I touch you Your goosebumps don't li...