Rebirth of a Star General

Door AspiranteOne

The ancient saying goes: Most generals come from Guan Xi, while ministers come from Guan Dong. He Yan was bor... Meer

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
86-90
91-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
116-120
121-125
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-150

41-45

596 15 0
Door AspiranteOne

Chapter 41

     The next day, just as Liang Jiaotou had said, they ran half of the laps and finished early. It wasn't even time for lunch yet.

Then, all the recruits were brought to the training field.

The training field next to the Liangzhou Guard Station was huge. It was probably because there was a large open field at the foot of the mountain that could accommodate everyone. He Yan looked around and thought that this was indeed a good place to train. It was noon and the sun was high up in the sky. There wasn't even a trace of wind. The flags on the high platform were stuck to the flagpoles, making the recruits look listless from the sun.

"From today onwards, you will begin weapon training." Chief Instructor Shen slammed his long spear on the ground. Everyone was shocked and looked at him attentively.

"Do you see that open field?" Shen Han pointed his long spear to the north.

Next to the open field near the weapon rack, there were dozens of crossbows in rows, staring at them aggressively. A hundred steps in front of the crossbows, there were arrow targets neatly arranged.

"From today onwards, all of you will start learning how to use the bow!" Chief Instructor Shen ordered. The following days were once again packed with students.

For a moment, everyone didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Wow! Archery is my favorite! "Xiao Mai was probably the happiest." Brother, it's our turn to show off! "

He Yan asked Shi Tou, "The bows you use for hunting aren't this heavy, right?"

Shi Tou looked at the crossbow for a while and shook his head. "No, it's lighter than this. It's also not made from cow horns. I made it from bamboo."

"It's pretty much the same," Xiao Mai said happily. Suddenly, she thought of something and asked He Yan, "A He Ge, can we borrow this bow to hunt rabbits in the mountains?"

He Yan: "… Train hard, don't dream about it."

As usual, the recruits were divided into teams. Each team was led by the head instructor to practice crossbow. The head instructor demonstrated first. He pulled the bow and released an arrow. The arrow flew into the middle of the target with a "whoosh" sound. It was very firm.

The recruits burst into cheers, and the head instructor had a pleased expression on his face.

He Yan could not help but praise him in his heart. Liang Ping was not a fake. He was really capable. Such a person would be an expert on the battlefield.

The soldiers in the barracks were all very excited and eager to give it a try. One after another, they came up to test the bows. Some people were born with great strength and could draw their bows to the fullest. Although they couldn't shoot accurately, they could shoot far. Some of them had already touched a bow and arrow before, so they were more familiar with the posture. Most of the recruits had strength but no accuracy. Their arrows were crooked, and before the arrows could reach the target, they would break in midair and fall to the ground.

After all, he had drawn his bow and shot an arrow.

Hong Shan also went up to try. He was born strong and could draw the bow well, but his accuracy was not good. He fell down when he reached the edge of the target. He didn't think much of it and even felt very satisfied. He nodded and said, "Not bad, not bad."

Shi Tou and Xiao Mai followed closely behind. Shi Tou's hand strength was steadier and stronger. The arrow flew out of his hand with a "whoosh" sound and did not hit the target. Although it did not hit the target, it was still in the middle.

Liang Jiaotou looked at him in surprise and asked, "What's your name? Have you touched a bow before? "

"My name is Zhong Shi Tou. I used to be a hunter," Shi Tou said in a deep voice.

"No wonder." Liang Ping nodded with satisfaction. He was naturally happy that there was a good seedling in the team.

Xiao Mai went up to him and said, "My name is Zhong Xiao Mai. I'm his younger brother. I used to be a hunter too!"

"Oh?" Liang Jiaotou was a little expectant. He said, "Why don't you try?"

Xiao Mai followed Shi Tou's example and pulled the bow. However, this time, he did not have his big brother's impressive ability. The arrow he shot just happened to miss the target.

Liang Ping was speechless.

Xiao Mai rubbed his nose and stepped back resentfully.

He Yan was a little amused. Just as she was thinking about whether she should give it a try, someone walked out faster than her.

"Whoa," Hong Shan whispered beside He Yan, "It's him."

It was Wang Ba. They didn't notice that Wang Ba was actually a soldier under Liang Jiaotou. He walked forward, rolled up his sleeves to his elbows, spat twice on his palms, and picked up the bow.

He Yan looked at him. His arms were very tight, and she could vaguely see his strong honey-colored skin. He was a very strong person. Wang Ba was not in a hurry to shoot the arrow like the other recruits. He took a deep breath and aimed at the center of the target.

"This way …" He Yan calculated in his heart. It was probably not his first time using a bow. Like Shi Tou, he was a good archer who often touched the bow.

Finally, the taut bowstring let out a clanging sound, and the arrow went straight to the center of the target. Everyone only saw a white light flash in front of their eyes, and then, the grass target in front of them was hit by the force of the arrow, and fell to the ground with a bang.

The arrow did not hit the center of the target. Only a little bit of the arrow feather was exposed. Not only did the arrow penetrate the grass target, but it also brought the target down.

He Yan could not help but sigh in his heart. This was a very amazing arrow. Wang Ba was strong and steady. His aim was good, and he could keep his composure. It was very rare. Liang Jiaotou looked at Wang Ba with a strange gaze. In this batch of recruits, there was Shi Tou Zhong and Wang Ba. They were really good at crossbows.

Wang Ba put away his bow. He did not immediately walk away. Instead, he walked in front of He Yan in two steps. The scar-faced man crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked at He Yan with a gloating expression. He said, "It's your turn."

It would have been better if he did not say that. Once he said that, many people around them looked at He Yan. Facing Wang Ba's provocative gaze, He Yan walked forward.

The bow was a high-quality horn bow. It was very smooth to the touch. It had probably been used countless times in the past. There were traces of it. He Yan touched it bit by bit. His time in the army suddenly appeared in front of his eyes. The last time she used a crossbow was when she was still in the "General Feihong".

Many years had passed in a flash.

Liang Ping looked at He Yan with a strange expression.

He knew that a crossbow was different from other weapons. It required a lot of hand strength. Judging from He Yan's physique and previous performance, he would not be able to perform well. But … this was a very hardworking recruit. People always looked forward to the unknown. Liang Ping was also very conflicted.

"Why are you touching it? Don't waste other people's time." Wang Ba sneered. "Why don't you show us your superb archery skills?"

He Yan picked up the bow and put his fingers on the arrow.

After a moment, he put down the bow.

"What does A He Ge mean?" Xiao Mai asked, puzzled. Why did he put down the bow when he had not started to draw it? Was there something wrong?

"Why aren't you moving?" Wang Ba was dissatisfied. "Move it!"

"No need." He Yan looked calm. "I can't draw this bow."

Chapter 42

     "This bow, I can't draw it."

The surrounding recruits looked at He Yan in a daze. Liang Jiaotou also raised his head in disbelief, almost thinking that he had misheard.

What did he mean by "This bow, I can't draw it"? And he said it so confidently, as if it was a matter of course? He had led so many soldiers, but this was the worst one he had ever led!

He was so angry!

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Wang Ba also didn't expect He Yan to be so honest. He thought that He Yan naturally had some special skills when he acted so arrogantly that day. This result was simply unacceptable.

"Right now, I don't have enough strength in my hands to draw this bow. Why waste time? Give the crossbow to the brothers who need to practice. In a few days, when I have enough strength in my hands, I will be able to draw the bow. "

"He Yan, the City Guard Institution is not a place for you to play." Liang Jiaotou's face also darkened. He thought that this young man was hardworking, willing to endure hardships, and determined to succeed. He didn't expect him to say his own incompetence so matter-of-factly.

"I don't think of it as a place for me to play." The young man's eyes were clear. After some thought, he made a concession. "Then in one more day, I will be able to draw this bow tomorrow. How about it?"

Liang Jiaotou was so angry that his nose was crooked. "He Yan!"

He actually bargained for him! Did he think the City Guard Institution was a market? Previously, he was very satisfied with He Yan's running while carrying weights. He was improving day by day, but the crossbow was not a simple matter. The strength in the hands was not something that could be trained overnight. Where did he get the confidence that he could draw the bow tomorrow?

Liang Jiaotou began to regret not listening to Du Mao. He shouldn't have paid so much attention to He Yan. He shouldn't have made him a squad leader so that he wouldn't be angering himself. At his age, what would he do if something happened to him?

He really didn't want to see He Yan's innocent face. Liang Jiaotou waved his hand at He Yan. "Stop pulling. Go over there. Carry the sandbag and run. Five laps!"

He Yan replied slowly, "Oh." He obediently walked to the side, picked up the sandbag, and went up the long road.

He was obedient, but the feeling of punching cotton made Liang Jiaotou even more frustrated. He turned his head away and decided not to look at the young man who made him angry.

He Yan ran slowly, and a person appeared beside him. It was Wang Ba.

"Brat, how dare you come to the barracks when you're so weak?" Wang Ba laughed wildly. "How dare you boast when you can't even draw a bow?"

"Brother," He Yan said as he ran, "You've been watching me all day. Are you really afraid of me?"

"Afraid of you?" Wang Ba was stunned.

"If you're not afraid of me, you don't have to follow me around all day, afraid that I'll steal your limelight."

"Who's afraid of you?" Wang Ba wanted to curse out loud. What kind of person was this? He was invulnerable. He had his own way of saying it.

"You should know that private fights are prohibited in the army." He Yan made a "shh" gesture. "If you're caught, you'll be punished with a rod. There are guards everywhere in the mountains. Even if you want to find trouble with me, now is not a good time."

That was true.

Wang Ba stared at him and said with a fake smile, "If I want to find trouble with you, why do I have to do it in private? You can't even draw a bow … On the martial arts field, I can make you kneel down and beg for mercy."

"Oh." He Yan answered casually. "Okay, then I'll see you on the martial arts field. Be there or be square." After that, she seemed to be in a hurry. Carrying the sandbag, she quickened her pace and ran away, leaving Wang Ba far behind.

Wang Ba looked at her brisk figure and felt that it was extremely irritating. He cursed and turned to walk away.

Today's crossbow training finally came to an end after the sun had set in the west.

The recruits rushed over to find food and were eager to fill their stomachs. The instructors gathered together and ate dinner while talking about the anecdotes in their respective teams. If there were recruits with good aptitudes, they would show off to them.

Liang Ping originally wanted to praise Wang Ba and Shi Tou, but when he thought of He Yan, he felt stifled. He was afraid that someone would mention him, so he just lowered his head and ate silently. He didn't expect that the more he feared, the more it would happen. Du Mao asked with concern, "Old Liang, how's He Yan in your team today?"

Liang Ping didn't know what to say.

The instructor next to him laughed and said, "Him! Haha, today, he gave up before he could even draw the bow. He said, 'I can't draw this bow.' "He imitated He Yan's calm tone, but with his expression, it seemed to be mocking." At that time, Old Liang was so angry that his face turned green. "

"He didn't even draw the bow?" Du Mao was also very surprised. "That's too ridiculous."

"That kid doesn't look like someone who can stay in the military camp. You don't know, but he said that he would be able to draw the bow tomorrow if he gave him one day. I was wondering where Old Liang found such a treasure. I really doubt him. "The instructor who spoke pointed to his head." There's a problem here. "

As they were talking, someone came in. The instructors turned around and saw Xiao Jue and Cheng Lisu walking in. Everyone immediately put down their bowls and chopsticks, stood up and saluted. "Commander in chief, Young Master Cheng."

"I heard you guys talking from afar. What are you guys laughing about?" Cheng Lisu asked with a smile.

This young man was used to looking happy. He had been eating and drinking in the Liang Province Guards these past few days, enjoying himself. Although they didn't know why this young master who lived in luxury in the capital didn't stay at home and enjoy life, but came to the Liang Province Guards, since he was brought here by Xiao Jue, they had to give him some face and didn't dare to slight him.

It was the same instructor who had mocked Liang Ping at the beginning who spoke first. "We were talking about the training of the new recruits today. Old Liang has a new recruit who can't even draw the bow, and he said that he would be able to draw it tomorrow. Young Master Cheng, don't you think that's funny? "

"Huh, he can't even draw the bow. Doesn't that mean he's worse than me?" Cheng Lisu was shocked. He was already the weakest of the young masters in both civil and military matters, but he could still draw the bow. He didn't expect to meet someone who was weaker than him here. He immediately became interested. He turned to look at Xiao Jue. "Uncle, did you hear that? At least in the Liang Province Guards, I'm not the worst."

Xiao Jue glanced at him, as if he didn't want to pay attention to him. Cheng Lisu was given the cold shoulder, but he didn't get angry. Instead, he turned to the instructors in high spirits and asked, "What's that warrior's name? We have such similar interests. I must meet him properly and become sworn brothers."

Liang Ping: "…"

"Hey, Old Liang, what's that new recruit's name again?" The instructor who spoke tried hard to recall. "He … He what?"

What did he do wrong? Why did the heavens treat him like this? He had embarrassed himself in front of the commander-in-chief. Liang Ping wanted to cry, but under everyone's gaze, he could only brace himself and say, "He Yan."

When the youth with the cold expression heard this, he suddenly raised his eyes.

He Yan?

Chapter 43

     He Yan was sitting with Shi Tou and Xiao Mai.

Hong Shan's worried face was about to drip water. He looked at He Yan and said, "A He, you can't even draw a bow now. What will you do in the future? Why don't we go talk to Liang Jiaotou and tell him that you'll be a team leader? Although it doesn't sound very glorious, you're lucky. Isn't that right, Xiao Mai? "He nudged Xiao Mai with his elbow, hinting for Xiao Mai to say something.

Xiao Mai stammered in agreement, "That's right, A He Ge. Even if you become a team leader, we'll still come to see you often."

He Yan smiled and didn't say anything.

Hong Shan was really worried when he saw this. After interacting with He Yan these days, he and this young man's temperament was unusually congenial. Compared to his brother, who was spoiled and sometimes gave him a headache, He Yan was much more sensible. His ideal brother should be like this. Unknowingly, he began to treat He Yan as his own younger brother.

However, He Yan couldn't even draw a bow. When he went to the battlefield in the future, he would die. How could he watch his brother jump into the fire pit?

"Brother Shan, don't worry about me. I'll be able to draw a bow tomorrow." She comforted him.

"Do you think you're a Spiritual Speaker? You can't just say it and it'll come true." Hong Shan was flustered and exasperated. "Why can't this child understand?"

Shi Tou, who had been silent all this time, was silent for a while. He asked, "Do you have any tricks?"

"No." He Yan thought for a while. "I've always been a person with poor aptitude. There are many things that I can't do. I have no choice but to try a few more times. Later, I found out that as long as I try a few more times, I can succeed. "After saying this, He Yan sighed.

It was rumored that General Fengyun was a natural star general, a genius bestowed by the heavens, but how could she be so miraculous? So much so that because she was a woman, her innate physical strength was weaker than a man's. In other words, her aptitude was not good. She had spent many years turning He Yan into a brave and invincible general on the battlefield, but after her rebirth, she was given such a weak body.

Could this be the saying, "When the heavens are about to bestow a great responsibility upon us, we must first exhaust our muscles and bones, and starve our bodies and skin"? She didn't expect to be outstanding. She just wanted to be a strong man like Wang Ba when she was reincarnated.

It would be much easier to do things than it is now!

He Yan thought about it all the way until he went to bed at night.

The recruits were tired during the day, so naturally they slept soundly at night. Their snores rose and fell. He Yan estimated the time. In the dead of the night, he climbed out of his bed.

Xiao Mai turned over and mumbled something. He Yan paused for a while to make sure that Xiao Mai did not wake up. Then, he quietly left the room.

After leaving the room, he went straight to the martial arts practice field. The martial arts practice field was empty at night. In the summer, there was a lot of night wind in the mountains. The night wind made the flags flutter. Under the moonlight, the green waves in the forest rose and fell, creating a stretch of moonlight.

Most of the border areas were bitterly cold. The Liang Province Guards were already considered very good. She had never seen this kind of scenery when she was stationed at the border. It was mostly a desolate landscape. For a moment, her footsteps slowed down, as if she couldn't bear to break the tranquility of the night.

Some of the crossbows during the day had already been put away. Only one or two that were not easy to move were left in place. The grass targets were swaying left and right. They hadn't been picked up in time. After the morning run tomorrow, there would be recruits who would clean this place up. He Yan walked to the row of grass targets. After searching for a long time, she felt around in the darkness and found an arrow that had fallen to the side. She took the arrow and walked back to the crossbow.

She had to spend a lot more time doing things that others could do easily. However, she had no choice but to do it. If she didn't do it, she would have to do it for the rest of her life.

She tried to draw the bow. The bow was very heavy. She could only draw it a little. If she looked at it with her eyes, it really wasn't obvious.

He Yan put down the bow and rubbed her wrist.

After a while, she tried to draw the bow again. Just like before, she only drew it a little.

She tried this five or six times and finally got better. This time, she drew the bow better than before. At least she could see that it was drawn.

He Yan breathed a sigh of relief.

In fact, she didn't have much confidence in what she said to Liang Jiaotou during the day. It was because Lady He hadn't even mentioned a heavy object in the past ten years. When she first came to the He family, she only cut a piece of firewood and her hand was cut. Drawing the bow was really a bit difficult for Lady He. However, the situation at the time forced her to say that. If she couldn't draw the bow tomorrow, then it would be a different matter. At worst, she could just act shamelessly in front of the instructor and try a few more times.

When it comes to matters in the world, those who put in the effort will always have better results than those who didn't. She didn't have any talent. The only thing she had was this hard work. However, in this world, there was something that couldn't be obtained even if one worked hard for a lifetime. That was the human heart.

She sacrificed herself for the He family and gave all her love for Xu Zhiheng. She had already worked so hard, but it was still fruitless.

He Yan's eyes drooped. She put her fingers on the bow and shot an arrow. This arrow seemed to want to vent all her pain. It made a whistling sound in the dark night as it flew towards the grass target in the dark.

The arrow did not land on the target. It fell to the ground halfway. Her strength was still too weak. She could barely pull the bow and shoot the arrow, but that was all she could do.

She couldn't vent her pain incisively and vividly every time.

He Yan smiled and got up to pick up the arrow. She had just walked to the side of the arrow when she suddenly sensed something. She raised her head. About ten steps away from her, there was a pair of brocade boots. The boots were embroidered with a dark golden pattern. It flashed a magnificent color in the dark night.

There was someone here? She was so focused on archery that she didn't notice it. He Yan straightened up and walked forward a few steps. Thus, the person standing in the dark night was completely revealed.

It was actually Xiao Jue.

The martial arts practice field was so big that it was only illuminated by the moonlight. He stood behind the grass target and wore a black robe. He was hidden in the dark night and was used as a target by He Yan.

The handsome young man looked at her indifferently. He didn't have any intention of explaining. He Yan felt a bit embarrassed for no reason. She composed herself and cleared her throat. She decided to gain the initiative by striking first. "You, what are you doing here?"

"Watching you practice archery."

It was clearly an indifferent tone, but He Yan could clearly hear a trace of indistinct mockery.

"What's wrong with me practicing archery? What do you think after you've seen it? "He Yan asked.

The handsome young man lowered his eyebrows. His long eyelashes were like butterfly wings under the moonlight. They gently fluttered. However, his tone was cold and had a bit of ridicule.

"I'm very surprised that there is someone who works so hard and can't even withstand a single blow."

He Yan was stunned.

For a moment, time and space overlapped. The sound of the wind slowly faded away. The night sky was covered with stars. The figure of the young man in front of her gradually blurred and turned into the back of a young man.

Whose voice fell into her ears? It had a familiar mocking tone.

"I didn't expect that there would be someone who works so hard. What a weakling."

Chapter 44

     He Yan had always thought that she was pretty good before she went to the Xianchang Dojo.

After entering the Xianchang Dojo, He Yan suspected that she had taken another step forward on her path every day.

Those who entered the Xianchang Dojo were all children of noble families. Not only were they rich and powerful, but their families were also rich. Nouveau riches or families who relied on nobility to survive could not compare to them. He Yuanliang would not have been able to get He Yan in through the back door if he did not maintain a personal relationship with the teacher.

On one hand, He Yan was very happy that she could enter the Xianchang Dojo. On the other hand, she was filled with pain every day she spent in the Xianchang Dojo.

The reason was none other than the fact that compared to the children here, her results were a little too horrible to look at.

The He family taught her to behave like a man outside, but she did not learn much about the inner workings. When she first arrived at the Xianchang Dojo, she did not know anything and often made a fool of herself. Even the teacher could do nothing about it.

If it was the liberal arts, she could read it a few more times, memorize it a few more times, and listen attentively during lectures. She could barely get into the middle class. However, when it came to the martial sciences, she failed miserably.

He Yan had snuck to the back of the mountain to help the monks carry water to practice their hand strength since she was young. She thought that she could do it now. However, the first time she did the martial sciences assessment in the Xianchang Dojo, she became the wonder of the Xianchang Dojo.

She did not pass any of the "bow, saber, and stone" tests. She fell off her horse when she galloped and missed when she shot arrows. Even the teacher shook his head and sighed. The youths around her pointed at her and laughed. Someone said, "He Rufei, are you a girl? Why don't you know anything? Do you usually learn embroidery at home? "

He Yan stood up from the ground in a panic and patted the dust off her body. She thought to herself, 'No, if this goes on, my identity will be discovered. Before my identity is discovered, Madam He will take me back and I will have to stay at home again.' It was better to study hard and practice hard. Only then could she safely stay in the Xianchang Dojo.

Therefore, He Yan began the path of "studying hard and practicing hard".

No one chiseled the wall to steal the light, no one danced when they heard the rooster, and there were also some who hung the beam and stabbed the buttocks. He Yan often scolded in his heart as he practiced. He practiced writing, riding, archery, and saber.

No matter how hard she tried, she could only struggle at the edge of the tail. Thus, those geniuses who didn't need to work hard and could easily take the lead were particularly eye-catching.

Xiao Jue was one of them, and he hated her the most.

This young man was born like Pan Lang, and his family background was so good that he was doted on. That was not all. He entered school on time every day, and was often late. Sometimes, he left early. Usually, he did not put in much effort, but he was always the first in all the arts and martial arts subjects. Even thunder could not shake him.

He Yan was very confused. God had given him beauty and a noble status. Why did he have to give him wisdom? Can't he share some with me?

God did not answer He Yan. She could only tearfully make up for her lack of talent.

Gradually, He Yan's "saber, horse, and bow" began to show results. Although he could not compare to those young men who grew up with their fathers and brothers at home, he did not always get last place. Sometimes, he could even fight for third place from the bottom.

He Yan felt satisfied. Hard work paid off.

At the end of the Xianchang Dojo, the martial arts subjects would divide the weapons. He Yan chose the sword among the sabers and swords. It was not for anything else, but because he felt that a sword was lighter than a saber, and it would not be so strenuous to wield.

However, her swordsmanship was also a mess.

The He Family did not invite a martial arts teacher to teach her in the residence. He Yan did not have any foundation. Even the horse stance was crooked. The swordsmanship teacher of the Xianchang Dojo did not have much hope for her. He only wanted her to look like this. Whether she could defend against the enemy was another matter. Which young master did not bring a few attendants with him when he went out? If there was really danger, the attendants could just go.

He Yan felt that this was not right.

Since she had chosen, she should practice the sword well. The students could only go home two days a month. The rest of the time, they lived in the Xianchang Dojo. She sneaked out at night in the dark and ran to the courtyard of the dojo to practice her swordsmanship.

The dojo was elegantly built. When the moonlight was good, the wind rustled the bamboo forest. A stretch of green meandered. There was the moon, the bamboo cypress, and the red carp in the pond swayed their tails. It was like heaven on earth, a fairyland in a painting. The master practiced her swordsmanship here, waiting for the world to change. She would appear when there was chaos.

He Yan practiced quite happily, if her shoddy swordsmanship was ignored.

She accidentally cut off a corner of her clothes, accidentally hit her head by the scabbard, accidentally tripped, accidentally …

She heard a soft laugh.

In the night, this soft laugh came inexplicably. He Yan got up nervously. Could it be that she saw a ghost?

She saw a person sitting on the stone bench in the courtyard. She did not know when, but someone was sitting there. She was wearing a white robe and embroidered shoes. Her eyes were bright and beautiful. It was the proud child who was favored by the heavens, Xiao Jue.

Xiao Jue lowered her head to look at her. She put her hands behind her back and wiped the stains on her clothes. She said with a calm face: "What are you doing here?"

"Watching you practice your swordsmanship." The youth lazily replied.

"What, what is there to see?" She gathered her courage to answer. She never liked to talk to the youths in the Xianchang Dojo. They did not like her and always bullied her.

Xiao Jue looked at her for a while and suddenly stood up. She was caught off guard and the youth was already in front of her. She was a girl and was not as tall as a boy. She could only reach the youth's chest. She raised her head and could see the other party's clear jawline and beautiful eyes that were as gentle and cold as autumn water.

"I was just surprised … …" The youth lightly hooked his lips. He was born handsome and beautiful. When he smiled, the cool night in the courtyard paled in comparison. It was more moving than the moonlight. However, the words he spat out were filled with mockery: "There is actually someone who works so hard and is still a weakling."

He Yan: "… …"

She pushed Xiao Jue away, picked up her sword and ran away. She was angry. The heavens were fair. They gave this youth beauty and talent, but they did not give him a good heart.

This person was too annoying!

After that, He Yan still sneaked into the courtyard every night to practice her swordsmanship. Her thinking was simple. Hard work could make up for one's lack of talent. Hard work was always better than not working hard.

However, what made her angry was that from that day onwards, Xiao Jue also followed her out every night. When she practiced her swordsmanship, he would sit on the stone bench and read and drink tea by the candlelight. She fell until her nose was bruised and her face was swollen. Several pieces of her clothes were torn. He was like the moon and the breeze. His posture was elegant as he calmly watched her make a fool of herself.

She still worked hard to maintain her sprint from the last to the third from the last. He did it effortlessly and was the best at everything.

The hard work was still hard, the easy work was still easy. Spring passed and autumn came. Winter came and summer came. The youth had grown into a young man. The girl had changed her face. The white clouds changed. The sea turned into mulberry fields. The only thing that did not change was the night in the Xianchang Dojo and the crescent moon in the backyard.

Chapter 45

     The night sky was like ink in a painting, and the stars were like embellishments. The sound of the wind was poetic.

A handsome man with beautiful eyebrows and a young boy who was looking at him seriously. It was a beautiful scene.

He Yan was silent.

Xiao Jue opened his mouth and said faintly, "You're He Yan?"

He Yan was shocked and blurted out, "I'm already so famous?"

In the military camp, she did not think that she was outstanding enough to attract the attention of the Commander in Chief. How did Xiao Jue know about her now?

Xiao Jue sneered, "You're running while carrying weights, and you can't fire your crossbow." He looked down at the top of He Yan's head and said casually, "And you're so short. I can't think of anyone else in the military camp."

He Yan was speechless.

And you're so … short …

For a moment, she seemed to have returned to the time when she first met Xiao Jue in the Xianchang Gymnasium. Xiao Jue's evaluation of her was that she was stupid and short.

She did not expect that Xiao Jue would still give her such an evaluation after she changed her body. He was still the same as before. He was so arrogant and unreasonable. Looking at him like this, he did not have the coldness of a young man. He was just like the young boy in her impression who was so outstanding that he was almost mean.

He Yan naturally felt wronged. To be honest, with her height, she really couldn't be called "short" among women. It was just that in the military camp where there were burly men everywhere, she looked as weak as a chicken. But she could not be blamed. When she was He Yan, she was a little taller than she was now. Moreover, He Rufei replaced her, so other people would not think that General Feihong was short. But now, she could not stuff cushions in her shoes to make herself look taller.

As she was thinking, Xiao Jue suddenly took a step closer to her. The distance between them was a little too close.

He Yan was stunned.

The shape of his eyes was extremely beautiful, clear and gentle. When he lowered his eyes to look at her, it gave her the illusion that she was looking at a lover. His skin was also very white, even more sparkling and translucent than Lady He's skin, which made his brows look even more picturesque. His fine black hair was tied up and draped over his shoulders, making him look cool. There was a faint scent of Moon Qilin, which made people want to touch him.

He Yan thought that if the fairy who came riding on the deer saw this person, she would be so embarrassed that she would turn around and leave. No wonder so many women in the capital dreamed of this noble man. They would never get tired of looking at his face for the rest of their lives.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked indifferently.

"I'm thinking about what I can eat to be as good-looking as you," He Yan replied.

His movements stiffened, and he no longer pressed closer. As if he had verified something, he shifted his gaze and said, "Boring!"

He actually did not scold her? He Yan was surprised. She thought that Xiao Jue was going to use the military order to scold her. But on second thought, she understood. Xiao Jue had not revealed his identity yet. According to common sense, she should not "know" who he was. Therefore, she could only pretend that he was a stranger who accidentally bumped into her practicing ginger.

"What's so boring about this?" He Yan blew the hair on his forehead and said carelessly, "Everyone loves beauty."

Xiao Jue paused and stared at him. That stare was as if he was looking at a dead man. He Yan stared back at her without fear. He had never seen someone as reckless as her. Xiao Jue was also startled for a moment. Then she sneered and turned around to leave, leaving He Yan alone in the martial arts arena.

He Yan realized something.

Xiao Jue's temperament was colder than before, but it was also better than before. In the past, when she angered him, he could mock her without repeating himself. But now, he only glanced at her and did not want to talk to her. In the past, she did not dare to provoke Xiao Jue. But now, this noble second son of a Xiao family did not bother to argue with others like he did when he was young. Did this mean that she could easily anger Xiao Jue to death and take revenge on him for hurting her in the past?

The heavens were still fair. She thought, "What goes around comes around. Today, it's my turn."

Very good.

After Xiao Jue left, He Yan pulled the crossbow for another hour. When his hands were sore, he went back to sleep. The next morning, he woke up slightly later. Xiao Mai pushed him and said, "A He Ge, wake up."

He Yan opened his eyes.

The bodies of different people were indeed different. When she was young, no matter how late she secretly practiced her swordsmanship, she could still listen to her teacher's lectures the next day. But now, she only stayed up for one night. It was not very late, but she felt uncomfortable all over.

Could it be that she really had a hard life in her previous life? He Yan reflected on himself.

Although he reflected on himself, he still had to do what he needed to do. Today, they carried sandbags and ran. After running, everyone consciously followed the recruits to the back of the training field to prepare for yesterday's archery.

The crossbows had already been put up. During the day, it was not as cool as it was at night. The sunlight was so bright that it was dazzling. Liang Jiaotou stood beside the crossbows. The recruits went to test the bows one by one. Compared to yesterday, the recruits weren't as excited. Their technique was also much more stable. Fewer of them shot at random places. At the very least, they were shooting at the target without a mistake.

Hong Shan also went to shoot. His shooting was better than yesterday. Shi Tou still won Liang Jiaotou's praise. Although Xiao Mai's hand strength was small, it was not too bad. Moreover, because of her brother Shi Tou's guidance, her improvement was obvious.

He Yan saw Wang Ba again.

Wang Ba walked forward unhurriedly. Before he pulled the bow, he deliberately gave He Yan a contemptuous look. He Yan responded with a smile. This smile seemed to have angered him. His face immediately darkened. Without thinking, he pulled the bow and shot an arrow.

With a whoosh, the arrow pierced through the air and went straight through the grass target. It was almost the same as yesterday. The grass target was brought forward and fell down.

The surrounding recruits immediately applauded and cheered. Here, people always worshipped the strong.

Wang Ba put down his bow and walked in front of He Yan. He said in an overbearing manner, "It's your turn." He deliberately raised his voice so that everyone around could hear him. "Yesterday, you couldn't pull the bow. In front of everyone, you said that you can pull the bow today. Brother He Yan, today, let us see how you pull the bow. What do you think? "

For a moment, everyone's eyes were on He Yan.

He Yan's name had spread throughout the entire military camp because of yesterday's incident. Everyone knew that Liang Jiaotou had a recruit who could not even pull the bow, but still dared to boast shamelessly. Now that they saw the real person, they all looked at He Yan and waited for a good show.

"A He Ge …" Xiao Mai timidly tugged at the corner of her clothes.

He Yan smiled at her and slowly walked forward. She faced Wang Ba's malicious smile. Her expression was magnanimous, and her tone was modest. "Brother, it must be hard for you to remember my words so clearly."

"Since you want to see so much, I'll let you see," she said lightly.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

803K 18.2K 35
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined to defy the conventional expectations o...
94.8K 8.2K 86
Ongoing novel လင်းရှင်းလန်ဟာကမ္ဘာပျက်ကပ်ကာလမှာစွမ်းအင် 2မျိုး နိုးထခဲ့ပေမယ့် သူ့ရည်းစားနဲ့ သူ့သူငယ်ချင်းက လအနည်းငယ်စာ အစားအသောက်အတွက်နဲ့ သူမကို သုတေ...
11.9K 165 118
The ancient saying goes: Most generals come from Guan Xi, while ministers come from Guan Dong. He Lisa was born to be a Star General. She was merely...
248K 16K 142
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...