crown prince || izana kurokaw...

By RIC3WIFEYY

"I wish to give you everything. The crown, my devotion, and the world." royalty au Izana is the next in line... More

chapter 00: ππ‘πŽπ‹πŽπ†π”π„
chapter 01: ππ‘πˆππ‚π„ π‚π‡π€π‘πŒπˆππ†
chapter 02: 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐓
chapter 03: πˆπ™π€ππ€
chapter 4: 𝐈 π“πŽπ‹πƒ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 π€ππŽπ”π“ π˜πŽπ”
chapter 05: π‹πŽππ† π‹πˆπ•π„ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŠπˆππ†
chapter 06: πŽππ‹π˜ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ„π†πˆπππˆππ†
chapter 07: πˆπŠπ€π– 𝐀𝐓 π€πŠπŽ
chapter 08: π”πŒπ€π€π’π€
chapter 09: 𝐌𝐘 π‚π‘πŽπ–π ππ‘πˆππ‚π„
chapter 10: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑, πŒπ€ππ‰πˆπ‘πŽ
chapter 11: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍, 𝐑𝐄𝐃
chapter 12: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π„πŒππ„π‘πŽπ‘ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π‘πŽπ–π ππ‘πˆππ‚π„
chapter 13: 𝐀 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄 π“πŽ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π‘πŽπ–π
chapter 15: 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 π’π€π˜ π†πŽπŽπƒππ˜π„
chapter 16: π…πˆπ•π„ π’ππ‘πˆππ†π’
chapter 17: 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐒, 𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓?
chapter 18: ππ‘π„ππ€π‘π€π“πˆπŽππ’
chapter 19: π•πŽπ–π’
chapter 20: πƒπ„π‚π‹π€π‘π€π“πˆπŽπ πŽπ… 𝐖𝐀𝐑
chapter 21: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 π„πŒππˆπ‘π„
chapter 22: 𝐀 πƒπ‘π”ππŠ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 ππ”ππŠ
chapter 23: π‹πŽπ€π“π‡π„
chapter 24: 𝐀𝐍 π„πŒππ„π‘πŽπ‘ 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ€πŠπˆππ†
chapter 25: 𝐀 ππ‘πŽππŽπ’π€π‹
chapter 26: 𝐀 ππ‘πŽπŒπˆπ’π„
chapter 27: π„πŒππ‘π„π’π’ πƒπŽπ–π€π†π„π‘
Chapter 28: 𝐀 ππŽππ‹π„ 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓
Chapter 29: π•πŽπ– 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π‚π‡π€π‘πŒπ’
ᴹᴬᡀᡁᴿᴱ Chapter 30: πƒπ„π•πŽπ“πˆπŽπ

chapter 14: ππ„π“π‘π€π˜π€π‹ πŽπ… 𝐀 πŠπˆππ†πƒπŽπŒ

1.2K 77 15
By RIC3WIFEYY

A THREAT. That was all it took for the most influential families in the eastern kingdom to gather and talk about how they were going to keep their stand in the kingdom.

They were challenging the king and the royal family for two reasons. One, being all too obvious is the fact that their influence would be affected once Izana was crowned since the crown prince was against them and in no close relations to any of their families.

Two, being that Izana was not of royal or even noble descent. According to one of the ancient laws of the kingdom, a commoner cannot attain the title of a royal unless wed to one. But in Izana's case, it is quite difficult.

Shinichiro believed that Izana may still be a prince regardless of his blood because he was accepted by the king. His legal documents proved more than that and the high priest has already declared him a royal.

Be they fight the truth, it can't change the fact that Izana was legally a prince because of all the former king has provided for him, proving without a doubt that he is a member of their family, the royal family.

Although, another problem arises. Now that they were certain that Izana was not a descendant of the crown nor a nobleman, it begs to question the ancient rule of keeping the royal bloodline untampered.

There was an explanation for why royals choose to marry other royals or at least nobles who are close to such. It keeps their influence within the crown safe. It was the same cause, power.

People are now raising the question of whether Izana was still plausible to rule. He is a prince at heart, his abilities and intelligence are without a doubt spectacular itself, but the question of his background begs to differ.

Now, people are looking at the king for his next order. Will he banish these families who served the monarch for generations? Or change the Eastern law just in time for Izana's coronation?

Simply, none of it was possible or at least, he couldn't put anything in order on such short notice.

If he choose to banish these families, the council would be unstable and havoc would be raised. They also own numerous businesses in the kingdom, had he banished them even more people would be affected not just those nobles.

Secondly, if Shinichiro wanted to change the law, he could. But it would take at least several years for the high priests and other loyal servants to the monarch to approve and appeal to this decision.

The ability of a commoner to become a king depends on the specific laws and customs of the kingdom in question. Typically, the position of king is hereditary meaning the position is passed down within the family.

The crown was always ready to protect its standing within the kingdom and people often questioned this specific Law. They were firm in their decision that such a law was set for the sake of keeping their monarchy and influence in keep.

As of now, everyone awaits the king's decision and the crown prince's revelation.

If the crown prince fails to gain the respect and trust of the people, it may lead to political instability and challenges in the rule.

"Grand Princess, please! The king forbids you to leave the palace. Aren't you worried that you may face danger again after what happened at the capital?" Your lady-in-waiting pleaded with you.

Hiromi gestures for the knights to come to her aid and hopefully, they would also persuade you into staying inside the palace walls in fear that those rebels would strike again.

"Your Highness, we have strict orders from the crown prince and his majesty the King that you are to be kept in your quarters in the meanwhile." Draken blocked your way.

He stands firm, chest puffed and confident with broad shoulders. He sports metal armour, shined with perfection and a sword on his waist. He is the embodiment of a soldier; loyal and fearless.

"Sir, I received word that my estate is under attack by those petty noble families. I must make haste and see if my family is well." You reasoned.

It was no surprise that they would strike at your house. Most families have been green with envy knowing your name was never below theirs and the fact that you were now the crown princess.

"Then we shall send help. I shall send my men to your manor and station them until the threat is clear. For now, we advise that it is best for you to stay hidden." Draken nodded for Hiromi to escort you back to your room.

"You are still under the threat of being attacked, your highness. Please do not think of this as us keeping you locked away." Draken followed suit behind you, his armour clanking with every movement his legs made.

"I don't doubt their majesties, I understand the circumstances we are in. I was merely concerned about My family's well-being." You responded. Although you appeared nonchalant, you were anything but.

You felt the anxiety eat you and it rendered you unable to get a good night's rest thinking about where they may strike next and who is in danger of their vile force.

Another thing you were worried about was Izana, the crown prince. You had heard about what happened with council members but weren't put into detail with the clear events of that day.

It seemed that the king made it clear that if word were to circulate about the truth of that day, it would cause further alarm. Hence, even you were driven into circles and more questions by the people.

Izana forbid you from entering his quarters and ordered guards to be stationed to make sure that you abided by his request. Not a word from the crown prince since that day, not even news of him as if he disappeared out of thin air.

Meals were brought to the prince but they were left uneaten. Maids were banned from even walking near his quarters and no one from the royal family was allowed to visit the crown prince.

They offered him his space, knowing that he needed it most for the events of that day where he learned the truth about his becoming and the strong class-based beliefs of the nobles.

"Is there any possibility that I may able to see the crown prince?'' You halt in your tracks and glanced at Draken, anticipating his answer.

"I'm afraid not, your highness." He responded plainly as if the answer wasn't already evident.

"Alright. But I shall see him, come along now Hiromi." You fist your dress above your ankles to swiftly move through the hallways. You weren't going to take no for an answer and they weren't in any position to deny you of your request.

"B-but grand princess-" Draken was startled, he had always expected the crown princess to be docile and abide by the orders set but here he was, trying to stop the crown princess.

"The crown prince-"

"Is my fiance, is he not?" You halted, eyeing the head of the royal knights with a firm gaze. You didn't falter in the eyes of authority, they were in your order after all.

"Certainly but, he strictly ordered not to let you near his quarters. His Highness may still be upset with the events and be unable to converse with you.''

"Regardless. I want to be there for him, I want to comfort him." You told him and without another retort from your companions, you strode towards his quarters with determination knowing attempts to stop you would be futile.

You ignored the immense discomfort of your fresh injuries, determined to see your fiance. Every step you took made you feel like you were walking on needles. Every inch of your body was pierced with unrelenting pain from the attack. But even that wouldn't stop you.

As you reached the hallway leading to his chambers, there were several guards stationed to keep people away. They were made aware of your presence and their captain behind you.

They all bowed in unison, armours in an uncomfortable clank as they bid their respects. "Grand Princess, We're afraid that the crown prince can't meet you."

"Give her permission to come in. She is the crown prince's bride after all." Draken spoke from behind you and the guards glanced over at their captain with uncertainty.

"But sir, the crown prince especially warned us that her Highness-- grand princess please you're not allowed to-" They flock around you when you attempted to step towards the hallway leading to Izana's chambers.

They blocked your way with their bodies, urging you to stay back. They made no contact with you but they insisted you stay back. "Move." You ordered firmly, unmoving but strict.

"Don't make her highness say it twice." Draken glared at his men who looked at one another before they broke the man-made wall they built and let you pass through.

Draken and Hiromi stayed behind as they watched your figure disappear to the end of the hallway. "I shall take responsibility for whatever punishment we may receive for ignoring his majesty's request," Draken stated.

His men had questions in their heads but were too reluctant to speak them into existence. But one man had every bit of confidence to ask Draken.

"Why did you let Her Highness disregard the orders of the king and prince? You of all people shouldn't have." Mitsuya stepped forward, a lavendered hair man whose skill and mind are immaculate to earn the position of second commander.

"I believe the crown prince needs her more than anyone," Draken responded. He ordered his men to get back in their positions and they gathered around the perimeter.

"The crown prince is aware of it but he refuses to let her see the state he is in but she is the only one who can help him."

Inside Izana's chambers, books and furniture were scattered on the carpet floors and it seemed that every item at his disposal was either thrown or smashed into bits out of fury.

You had to be careful where you stepped, for a splinter from the broken table may scratch you. The room was devoid of any sunlight as the long curtains draped over the window prevented any from entering. Although, only a faint light illuminates from the ends of the curtain.

You took note of how the once pristine room of the crown prince now appeared to be turned upside down, a rage room of sorts. Torn paintings from the walls, broken glass, and even Izana's mattress were torn into shreds.

"Izana?" You squinted your eyes in hopes that it would help you see through the veil of darkness in the room where nothing but ruined furniture was in sight.

"I apologize for entering without notice but... I came to see you." You announced. You carefully stepped over a pile of torn pages before walking towards Izana's walk-in closet where the doors were slightly ajar.

A hand made its way to your mouth to cover your surprise, you had to take a step back and resist a gasp. "Your Highness? What are you doing?!" You screeched, alarmed. "Stop that at once!"

Pushing the doors open, you were able to fully see the true horrors of what the prince was doing. You made your way to him with haste steps, grabbing the crown from his hands and throwing it at a far corner of the room.

Izana's hands were bleeding, numerous cuts in his fingers and both his palms. Turning your head around, you noticed that he had smashed the crown all over the interior of the wall and the items inside. Traces of broken vases, glass, and hangers were littered around the room.

You didnt fail to notice that every single one of the crowns Izana owned since he was a little boy was either discarded on the floor or severally damaged beyond repair, Stained with his blood.

Taking in the surprise on your face, Izana failed to realize the piercing pain in his palms as he forcibly grabbed your jaw with his bloodied hands, urging you to look at him harshly. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He demanded, clutching your face tighter.

You gasped at the harsh way he was manhandling you. You grabbed his wrist to shake his grip off of you but he remained firm. You felt his red blood stain the corners of your lips and lower chin. "Izana- please let go-"

"You aren't supposed to be here." Izana finally lets go of your jaw, discarding you on the floor and you struggled to protect yourself from the impact.

"I know but-"

"Leave. I don't need you." He turned his back on you.

"Yes, you do. Your Highness, we need you. Please tell me anything, something. I know I can be of help." You once again discarded the discomfort of your injuries and the now aching pain in your jaw when Izana manhandled you.

"Izana. It's just Izana now." He quietly said, a hint of sadness in his voice but faint enough for one to not notice.

"Whatever do you mean? Did something happen at the council meeting?" You stepped towards him, reaching out for his hands only for him to slap yours away, glaring at you as if you committed the most heinous crime.

"(Name)." Izana stepped forward, with your bodies almost colliding with how brief his step was. "Go back to your quarters. That's an order." His eyes shed no form of warmth and emotion, overrun with empty desires.

"No. I believe you have forgotten that I am your fiance and It's also my responsibility to care for you." You said.

"Your problems are my problems, Izana and I wish you can trust me to tell them. You know that we only have each other."

Izana knew that. He was well aware that he could trust you more than anyone yet, he feels ashamed. He didn't ask for any of this but he feels as though he couldn't break the news to you.

"Now tell me.'' You urged him. "I promise I will help in whatever way I can." You said softly, reaching out to caress his tender cheek that was damp with his tears.

Unknowingly, he leaned to your touch and closed his eyes. The words were stuck in his throat and he desperately wanted to give in but a part of him doesn't fully want to accept it.

"Lady Kurokawa is not my real mother." He said with an inaudible sigh. You could feel him ease up with your touch and you slowly lure him into your arms.

Izana avoided touching your bandages and wrapped his arms around you carefully. He rests his face on the crook of your neck.

"The council is attempting to countermand my coronation after they found out I was not of royal descent. I found out that I was stolen from my birth mother and..." He went silent, as if every word he uttered hurt his throat like rose thorns.

He told you everything. Down to the last detail of what he came to find out. The truth of his becoming a prince and the delusion of his mother created this perfect image of his life that was supposed to be someone else. Now he was suffering from her mistakes.

With your comfort and reassurance, Izana was able to soothe his worries even a little. Albeit there was some anger in his heart, he was at least able to forget about that for the time being when you were holding him so close.

You were finally able to understand why the crown prince isolated himself. He needed the time for himself to think and reflect on his life up to this point. You could only imagine the dread he felt when he lost his purpose.

One thing that can make a person happy was one's purpose in life and the moment you lose that very aspect, you feel as though you lost everything.

Softly caressing the ends of your hair, Izana whispered. "I'm deeply sorry for how I treated you earlier. I make no excuse for my actions."

The remorse hit Izana, and he felt even more angry with himself for blaming you out of all people.

"Sh... it's okay." You whispered, attempting to ease his worries. "I know you're just overwhelmed and angry with everything." While you were surprised by the way he acted, you could consider and you were aware that Izana wouldn't do it again.

When a person is in deep fury, they feel as though they have lost all senses and let their anger consume them. At this stage, Izana was blinded by dread and anger. He didn't choose to be born, nor did he choose to be a prince.

While everyone was pointing their fingers at the crown prince, people never questioned the woman who put him in that situation. The woman who ever pitied or so much as loved him.

After a while, Izana spoke again. "What will become of you? If ever my coronation is revoked?'' Izana whispered, clutching you closer to his chest. You feel his fingers tangle with your hair.

That caught you off guard. Your eyes widened and you couldn't help but reprimand him. "Your Highness, you shouldn't think about what will happen to me when you're the one who needs help more than anything."

"Please do not worry about me, Izana. I will help you." You told him. You were in awe at how Izana even thought about what could happen to your position as a crown princess or a noble after everything that is happening.

"Shall they come together and challenge my brother, It is plausible that your title may be revoked as well. I'm worried that they may look badly at you, (name)."

"Does that matter now, your highness? I don't care for those titles anymore when our lives are at stake and I don't think your brother would easily let those nobles get their way.''

Izana wanted to believe your words and look in the brighter side of things but he knew it was likely impossible. Even though Shinichiro was king, the kingdom had influential people who are selfish enough to centre their class-based beliefs.

"Shall I ask an audience with these families to discuss these matters civilly?" Izana pondered. He didn't want to cause further havoc in the kingdom when his brother was still ill.

"I shall accompany you then. I wish to talk to them as well because I received news that they've been targeting my family as well." You said. You wanted to cut down their roots and finally solve this crisis once and for all.

"Wretched bastards." Izana cursed under his breath. Those nobles stooped so low and he couldn't bear to let them have their way again.

Later, the commanding soldiers received direct orders from the crown prince to send a message to those noble families and leaders to come to the palace to discuss the conflict and hopefully resolve peace.

But the people had other plans.

The crown prince was finally out of his room after a few days of being locked inside. His eyes had yet to adjust to the bright hues of the setting sun that painted the palace hallway with vibrant warm shades. One had to stop and admire the scenery, had not the bellows of the people holding torches and terror caused alarm to the palace.

Hand and hand, the crown prince guides you towards the balcony overlooking their vast kingdom now crowded by angry mobs of so-called vengeance-seeking individuals who gathered to mock and provoke the crown prince.

Despite the days of isolation and exasperation, Izana appeared regal and elegant as he always presented himself. Fit with his well-tailored white suit embedded with gold linings and ornaments of the sun, complete with his short red cape, he sports the final centrepiece with the only crown he had failed to destroy.

With no time to spare to wipe the blood staining its golden curves, it wasn't noticeable to the crowd below who continues to spit out profanities to the royals.

"Silence!" Shinichiro yelled, disregarding the aching of his chest and the exhaustion that rendered him weak. His voice echoes throughout the vast estate.

Soldiers flocked the castle ground, inches away from the gate where people intruded. They held weapons and shields, intimidation was their key. Draken stood upon the rebels and with one word from the king, he would answer to it.

The crowd heeds The king's command and waits for the next words that he may utter. The king stood with his queen and beside them were the family of royals.

Manjiro glared at the crowd, the people whom he gave his heart to now threatened to betray his adoration for them. Looking back at his brother Izana, He couldn't help but notice the bags in his eyes and the bandages on his hands.

Emma remained quiet and she was shaking beside her older brother Manjiro. She didn't know how to help but she was able to understand the conflict despite her young age.

"We don't condemn violence nor do we see the need to anger over the crown prince. The high priest has spoken and Izana is part of the royal family. Be it he may be void of royal blood but legally, he is part of the monarch."

A wave of fury bellows on the crowd as they wave around their weapons and it was evident that they weren't taking Shinichiro's explanation to heart. Simply, it was hard for them to disregard ancient Eastern traditions and values for a change.

The crowd had brought a large stage where Lord Hashi stepped to present himself. He was one of the lords who threatened your family and voiced their disagreement with the arrangements. He was a leading man in the crisis.

"Your majesty, we ask you to reconsider your decision." He said. "His majesty may not need a successor at least when he is still alive. Perhaps his majesty could even wait until the youngest prince is with age."

Manjiro flinched where he stood with the crowd's attention now on him. While the people mocked his older brother, the people were now cheering for him.

But he knew they were only doing so because it would work in their favour. Manjiro knew that he would stand beside these nobles who choose to disregard his brother for their lustful taste for power.

"You dare question me?" Shinichiro leaned over the balcony, hands gripping the marble and his knuckles turned white from how tightly he fisted them.

"Who do you think you are, lord hashi? Do you think that you can be a better king than me?" Shinichiro yelled, deeply disgruntled with all the havoc these nobles have caused.

The news of the crisis within the kingdom travelled far and wide and it became a laughing stock outside the nation. For centuries, the eastern kingdom stood proud of its monarchy but now, people were looking down on the people who built the kingdom.

Business was being affected because of the riots and Shinichiro couldn't fulfil his duties when there were problems left and right. He had enough.

"I d-do not believe I can do a better job than his majesty.'' The lord stammered. "But his majesty should listen to the voice of his people. We cannot let people without royal blood tamper with the crown."

"It's simply not in our traditions and values, your majesty." Another added with the support from the crowd.

Manjiro clenched his fists, anger fuming within as he stepped forward, ready to speak his mind had you not stopped him. For a moment he almost lost his composure and he was thankful you managed to stop him before he screamed profanities at the crowd.

"Then why don't you open your minds? These traditions and laws were passed centuries ago and the people barely learned how to build houses. We now grew as a kingdom and we can also grow as people."

To the outside observers, it is clear who is far more educated and who acts with absurdities.

"Your majesty, it is clear that you cannot even provide us with a sense of reassurance." Lord Hashi spoke once more. "Again; the crown shant be tainted with a commoner's blood."

"That is not for you to decide. You are a mere lord and I am the king. You are born ignorant and I am born with the power which I will use to educate you fools." Shinichiro declared. He was truly an astounding king. A royal at heart.

His words burned into your soul, making your heart burst with butterflies and you couldn't stop yourself from overflowing with pride at how brave the king was.

"If we cannot talk this out, then we shall use threat."

"Do your worse, lord hashi. A mere ten royal knights can stop all of you. After this is over, I shall see to it that you are banished from the kingdom."

Shinichiro pushed himself away from the balcony and signalled for his soldiers to stand ready for any threats that may arise soon. Draken confirmed the order by pulling out his sword, his men following his lead as the shine of their swords reflect the setting sun.

There was a tense silence in the crowd with only the sound of the dragging of a sack and two men struggling to carry a body. A body sack was thrown over the stage and the man inside groaned in pain.

Lord Hashi kneeled to snatch the sack of the man's head and revealed that it was the Duke from the Nakamura house, your father.

Izana noticed the colour draining from your face when you realized who was on the stage with Lord Hashi. Your father was severely injured and tied up in a fetal position as he was forced to sit up despite the broken bones in his body.

"We shall behead the Man of the Nakamura house. This family has led the noble grounds for generations and their power only grows with each heir." Lord Hashi grabbed a fistful of hair from your father's head.

"Do you wish to sacrifice this family for your brother's sake, your majesty?"

This merely proves how much these nobles were willing to strive for their power. Regardless of how many people they sacrifice and the endless wars they will fight. Selfish people will always win.

"Guards!" Shinichiro yelled, finally in his last straw. As the crowd cheers, soldiers are ready to push back the crowd and end this feud once and for all. Draken stood in the front line along with several of his trusted men.

"Do it, your majesty! Prove to us that you are capable of sacrificing this family for the sake of that commoner blood! Prove us how much you disregard our values!"  The lord cheered.

In that moment of desperation and anger, the sound of a crown hitting the ground was much louder than any yell or command.

"Izana? What are you doing?" You whispered harshly as you watched him step in front of the king and look down at the angry mob below him who could only stare back in distaste. "Stop, please." You beg of him.

"I shall give you all what you want then." He nonchalantly told them. Even Lord Hashi was surprised at how unbothered the prince sounded despite the protests against him.

You were in utter disbelief at what Izana was trying to do. Certainly, he understands the consequences of his actions and the fact that Shinichiro was more than capable of handling this situation while maintaining his position as the crown prince.

What was Izana trying to prove?

"Izana! I will handle this. That is enough." Shinichiro insisted, clutching his shoulder with a firm hand and attempting to make the prince take a step back so he could commence. You hoped that Izana would give in.

Izana ignored him, shrugging his hand away. "Unhand me." He demanded harshly.

"You all will live to regret this," Izana warned, looking down at the crowd. "I shall leave. I will agree to your request of stepping away from the crown and the kingdom altogether."

Before anyone, including you, could stop him, Izana didn't allow anyone to intervene with his declaration. "I truly love this kingdom with all my heart. I was born and raised to cater to the needs of the people, even you overbred nobles."

"If the people want me to step down, then I shall."

At that moment, you felt the sheer incredulity overrun your senses when you finally sink into his words. There was no such warning or explanation to Izana's actions and he wouldn't even spare you a glance after everything.

Years. That is how much the two of you spent inside the library completing your duties and studies, only for everything to end here where it started without the two of you ever achieving anything.

But that didn't even matter now as your head raised questions about what path Izana may choose. Being the crown prince and a sworn servant to the crown was all he ever knew.

What will he do now?

You could see how Shinichiro's shoulders slumped in defeat and the despair in his eyes as he could only listen to his brother, watching him face the thousands who were here to witness his downfall.

"But," Izana paused he raised his hand and pointed at the crowd.

"When I return, I intend to stay. Mark my words. You shall have my name sewn in your minds."

Izana tore off the sacred crest near his chest and smashed it on the ground. Its golden centrepiece is scattered into a thousand tiny pieces and outraged the people for what it symbolizes.

It was a declaration of his detachment from the crown and the kingdom. He was ready to abandon the people who abandoned him first.

"Release the Head of the Nakamura house." He demanded.

The men hurriedly untied your injured father while everyone in the surrounding area was still in awe. Their faces struggle to grasp the words of the prince and some even appeared satisfied with the declaration.

With a final glare from the once crown prince, devoted royal, and your fiance, Izana finally turned his back to the kingdom he once loved with all his world. The kingdom that betrayed him.

That marks part one of the series!!! This is where the angst takes place btw.

Lend me your thoughts!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 168 11
After 2 years, you finally saw them again. Their regretful stares boring into your figure only made your temper rise. Who were they to give you that...
5.9K 213 5
DISCONTINUED tokyorevengers m/n haitani. a boy who loves his older brothers. m/n is like a doll kind of person who rarely talks. him being a dog who...
72.6K 1.8K 29
Wherein you were forced to marry the oldest Haitani. The man who seems to be the one to love you but turns out to be the leading actor in your bad dr...
6.4K 241 28
(Really just wanted to make one of these) One day Shinra asked Izaya to come and have a talk..... Then he runs in to Shizuo and they have a "talk"...