Verona Rosario (Book 5: A Mob...

By royal888

This story happens at the same time as Leandro and Nicandro and Arcangelo stories. Many readers were wonderin... More

Prologue
1. Fresh Start
2. Her Paths
3. Intensity
4. His World
5. Crossing Lines
6. Fire & Water
7. Captains
8. Internship
9. Different Worlds
10. Shining Light & Darkness
11. Actions & Emotions
12. Harbouring Secrets
13. The Approval Question
15. Relations
16. New Generation
17. Emotions & Confessions

14. Persistence

737 34 4
By royal888

Verona was with her mother back at the hotel while her father and brother had gone out that Saturday morning. At breakfast, Verona had introduced Dani to her mother. Dani had explained the situation to her. Angelia was willing to help. Angelia had even gone to make a phone call to Arlinda Mcleod to explain the situation.

Dani said to Verona "Your mum is so nice... I cant believe she is getting involved like this for me.... She doesnt even know me... She is so understanding... I have never met anyone like that before.. Certainly not back where I am from in Chicago..."

Verona said "My mother has a tragic past... She tries to help people ..."

Angelia entered the lounge where Dani was sitting with Verona. She approached them and announced "Everything is sorted with Arlinda... Dani. Arlinda says she wont ever have any objections to the judgment the Rosarios make..."

Verona asked "So mum... Is Dani free now?"

Angelia said "She is free. Arlinda says if Dani is a McReynolds, she has no obligations towards her. Dani's adopted parents work for Arlinda and they continue to do so... Dani owes nothing to Arlinda... Dani is free to do what she wishes. I explained that Dani is not really protected by her adopted parents and they are acting as parents or rather indifferent parents for the money as part of a deal with the Alistaires... I made it clear they are only doing this for the money and when Dani turns eighteen the protection ends...."

Dani said "What about my documents... Alistaires hold everything that I need... Do I have to go to them?"

Angelia said "No... Arlinda is pushing for your adoptive parents to work for her another two decades.. Basically to retirement. So you do not owe the Alistaires anything.... Arlinda also will give you access to all identity documents and anything files to do with your family that are in a vault that your adoptive parents had access to.. You can go to the bank and request it... She owns that bank... Your ties with your adoptive parents are broken.... And you dont owe the Alistaires any explanations because your adoptive parents work for Arlinda now..."

Dani gasped "Oh my god... So it means I can finally go to my brother to be with him in this final stand off that is do or die for us?"

Angelia sat down opposite Verona and Dani "Yes... Precisely... You are free Dani... Your brother needs you... So Dani, when your brother asks you to go sign papers, Arlinda wont be your obstacle... You can concentrate on surviving... And perhaps helping your brother reach a good deal to get protection..."

Dani said "Thank you so much..."

Angelia smiled sadly "Dani... Are you sure you want to do this? Are you sure you want to walk away from Stanley? He can help you..."

Dani said "I dont want him involved. His family will be harsh to him if e gets involved in something thats not his fight... I need to be there for my brother but I know he will try to protect me... What if he gets hurt? I need to disappear from his life..."

Angelica said "But you dont have to do this alone... I can talk to my husband... I can get him to get involved to help you... Even Arlinda has no problems helping but she said my husband needs to ask her to get involved beyond what she is doing... This is business... Any family who gets involved will have to be prepared for the consequences."

Dani said "You have helped enough Mrs Rosario... You broke all my obligations to Arlinda Macleod... She has agreed to let me go and thats all I want... My brother and I have so many enemies... My brother can fix it if she makes the right business deals ..."

Verona asked "So... What is going to happen now Dani?

Dani said "I am going to my brother... I will send Alistaire a letter and explain that I need time and space... I need to sort my family out... I need to have a family... My brother needs me... I have the chance to be free and help my brother..."

****

After Dani left the hotel, Verona was informed to make her way to her appointment with the fashion designers to pick a dress for the summit that was the next day, on Sunday. Venetziano was accompanying her.

When Verona reached the car park, she saw her brother next to their car surrounded by bodyguards "My appointment with the fashion designers is not around this time of the day... We are going to be early...."

Venetziano said "I changed your appointment. We go early. I need to catch up with Ottavio."

Verona asked "How did you change my appointment? Do you know how long is the waiting list for private fittings and hair and make up sessions at that place?"

Venetziano said as he looked at his watch "Get in the car Verona... We dont have all day..."

Verona sighed and got in.

After Venetziano sat down in the car and the car started moving, Verona asked "Venetziano can you answer my question? How did you change the appointment or did you change it at all? If we just show up before the allocated time they wont see us... Why leave early?"

Venetzinao said "I dropped by at that place in person before I came here since they didnt pick up the phone... It wasn't hard to get the appointment changed... The appointment card is right there in the storage compartment next to your seat..."

Verona sighed and picked up the appointment card. She was sure that place was going to blacklist her now. Venetziano must have threatened and intimidated the fashion designers into changing her appointment. And for what? So he could spend more time with Ottavio?

Verona looked outside the window. Men in her world were hard to understand.

Verona sighed. Then something got Verona's attention. There was a gold membership card right where she had picked up the appointment car from next to her seat. The card must have been under the appointment card and she hadn't noticed it before. She picked it up and read it. It was her name. She whispered "Where did this card come from? My name is on this card? Did the fashion designers you met this morning give this card to you to give to me?"

Venetziano said as he was reading "Yes..."

Verona asked "Did you manage to get me lifetime membership? There is waiting list for that... A very long one even though the membership is quite expensive too..."

Venetziano shrugged as he was reading "I didn't get you that card.... They issued it... And its free..."

Verona was looking at Venetziano with her mouth open "They offered this for free? Do you know what this card is? It's worth thousands of dollars a year. Free fittings, all day every day appointment availability in all branches and free samples and alot more benefits..."

Venetziano said "But there is no time compensation included on the list of these benefits you mentioned. Is there? They said I shouldn't have to drop by again in person if there are any issues and this card should take care of any matters such as change of appointments efficiently... They said there is a special telephone line for members so next time there wont be delays... That remains to be seen..."

Verona shook her head. These people did not want to meet Venetziano again so they had offered her this membership. She could not blame them.

Venetziano shook his head as he looked outside the window "What kind of apology do they call this membership card? They wasted my time. I should have been able to change your appointment over the phone and not drop by in person... Let's hop there are no delays when we get there.... I need to catch up with Ottavio afterwards..."

Verona put the membership card and appointment card in her pocket. She looked outside the window for a while and then turned to him "Can I ask you for a favour Venetziano?"

Venetziano said "Go ahead..."

Verona said "I want to make it all alone in life... Please Venetziano dont try to help me... I know you are Ottavio's friend and you are also joining my school as an exchange student part time... But please let me make it alone..."

Venetziano said as he looked at his sister "Trust me... I have no problem with you making it alone..."

Verona aske "Are you sure?"

Venetziano nodded "Of course... I have no problem... Make it alone... But I will watch over you always..."

Verona said "I dont want you to watch over me... But I could use help to get our parents used to the idea of me dating Ottavio.... What if father does not approve.... You can help with that..."

Venetziano said "I helped Ottavio get the chance to get approval from father by the way... I knew it matters to you..."

Verona gasped "What? Dad approved of him? Are you real? How? When? What?"

Venetziano told the story to Verona and then commented "You are welcome... Dad will tell mum... But mum believes your dating choices are yours to make so here we go..."

Verona was shaking her head "I cant believe this...."

The car stopped in front of the fashion designers' building. They had now parked in the private car park of this high profile place that had gates and security. They only accepted customers on appointments only basis.

Verona got off the car "See you shortly..."

Venetzoano nodded and then took out a newspaper from the dashboard to read. After a while one of the bodyguards knocked on the car window. Venetziano rolled down the window "Yes..."

The bodyguard said "Sir... That individual is causing trouble trying to reach your car..."

Venetziano put away his news paper and spotted Stanley squaring up to his bodyguards.

Venetziano got off the car and ordered "Its aright. Let him come through..."

The bodyguards let him pass and approach Venetziano.

Venetziano said "Where did you come from? How did you even get into this place? It has gate and security... You have to show some proof and ID to get in..."

Stanley said "For your information, my mother is a regular here... I dont even need to show no ID to get in... I followed your car from the hotel to here hoping to see you..."

Venetzinao asked "So you chased us... What do you want?"

Stanley said "I need your assistance..."

Venetziano said "There is a problem here... I have no interest of assisting you."

Stanley said to Venetziano "We need to talk first. Then tell me you will or wont assist me..."

Venetziano said "We talked yesterday..."

Stanley said "We need to talk again..."

Venetziano said "We will talk later... I feel like driving around abit to kill some time actually... My sister wont be back for another hour at least..." He then opened the car door..."

Stanley said "Can I drive with you in your car and we can talk as you drive?.... You clearly have some time to kill here..."

Venetziano said "I dont wish to kill my time by talking to you... Why dont you turn around and leave?"

Stanley said "Ottavio said to me that he told you to help me out... Come on... You are the only one who can help me..."

Venetziano murmured something under his breath in Latin and then got in the car. "I am doing this just for Ottavio... He warned me you will show up to ask me for help after your girl sent you that goodbye letter.... I dont care about your business but I hear it because Ottavio has asked... Make it quick..."

Stanley got in the car and sat next to him.

Stanley said "Nicandro told me you have a sports cars collection and you get to drive them in empty roads in Sicily and break sound barriers .... This is one nice car you have here... I always wanted to test drive this sports car. My family is against anything fun... They prefer guns and torture to sports and games..."

Venetziano murmured something in Latin that Stanley clearly could not understand and showed a sign to the driver to drive them.

Stanley said "Why do you drive a sports car in this neighbourhood of New York anways. Its not like you can drive this perfection above the speed limit..."

Venetziano whispered "Remember I am doing this for Ottavio... Dont push my buttons... This sports car can fry you if I wish it... Or I could electrocute you with it if I wish... Watch what you do and say here... I am hanging to my patience by a thread...I promised Ottavio not to snap your neck no matter what happens... I have to honour my promise... But I am regretting that promise already...Enduring your company is quite inconvenient and is testing my will power and tolerances to its limit... I didnt promise him not to electricure you though... Get to the point right now... What do you want from me..."

Stanley said "Can I have your word you wont tell anyone about what I tell you?

Venetziano said "Your question is irrelevant. Your concern is baseless... I have no interest in discussing you and what your annoying backside is upto with anyone... I wont even admit I know you... Your kind are despised by me..."

Stanley said "Can you say it in pure English?"

Venetziano gave Stanley an annoyed look "Talk... I wont reveal your secrets... I have no reason to do so..."

Stanley nodded "Thank you venetziano." He then took out a piece of paper and handed it to Venetziano. He explained "I did some digging... This is who Dani's brother is dealing with right now... He is forced to sign a very bad contract with a bunch of families... He thinks it would stop his family's enemies coming after him and his sister... But those people he is dealing with wont protect him... They hate him and his family... They will make things worse for him and even aggravate his enemies..."

Venetziano asked as he read through the paper "So... Where do I come in?"

Stanley said "You can get me information I cant get from anyone else... You are the only soul who can help me Venetziano... You know both sides... You know full well who Dani's enemies are and you know full well who her brother is making deals with... You have to help me... Dani's family is the McReynold's family... They were killed and only she is left with her brother.... I need to help her and keep her safe... Give me a way to save her without hurting her... You need to tell me all you know about the conflicts... So I can find a solution... I dont know everything... You do... You know facts that I dont know... You know facts that even Dacian and Dani dont know... Your information is key... You can a build a picture of this crisis for me that no one else can..."

Venetziano sighed and looked outside the window... After a few minutes of silence he said " I am only doing this for Ottavio... Remember that... Irish business is not my business.... I am breaking my own rules by helping you at this level.... I will tell you all I know..." He then took out his notepad and pen "I will outline what needs to be done..."

Stanley looked at Venetziano as he was writing. He was fascinated by him. He knew it took alot for Venetziano to help Stanley. He had no idea how Ottavio had managed to make friends with one of the most dangerous mob heirs of Sicily, Venetziano Rosario... Everyone feared him in New York even though he was so young. People compared him to his uncle Vincenzo and Stanley could see why.

****

It was night time. Stanley was walking inside an Irish owned private hospital.

Stanley managed to find the location of the corridor where that he was searching for. As he entered the corridor of a private section he knew he was close to his target. He saw a long line of bodyguards standing around. He knew this hospital well. He had wok experience here before so he managed to find another way inside that only staff members could go through. He got inside the room that was his targeted location through and emergency door and closed it.

Stanley walked towards a bed in the corner where there was a boy who was sixteen years old, the same age as Stanley was sleeping. He walked towards him. He looked around the room and noticed some papers. It detailed the boy's recent operation and treatment.

A voice said "Stanley?"

Stanley turned sharply towards the boy and said "Hello Dacian... Its time to catch up on the lost times..."

Dacian shook his head and sat up on the bed "Stanley... Now is really not the time for us to catch up..."

Stanley said "Did I say you have a choice?"

Dacian got up from the bed and wore his shoes. "Stanley... I nearly died after I was shot... Now I am well enough to be discharged today or tomorrow... I have bigger problems than protecting my sister from you..."

Stanley's eyes hardened "Protect her from me?" He took a threatening step towards him.

Dacian put his hand up "I am not in a condition to fight right now... There is risk of some internal bleeding if we clash Stanley... I don't know what you want from me showing up here.... I have so much to deal with right now..."

Stanley said "Who's fault is that? You know you have nerve... You really do... Do you know how badly I want to smash you up right now? How dare you not reveal your sister's location to me when you know full well what your sister means to me? You gave orders to your people to refuse me information when I called after she sent me a letter... She said she is coming to see you... Why did you not let your men tell me where she is when I asked..."

Dacian said "Give up your obsession with my sister... Leave... I do not wish to talk to you when I have bigger problems..."

Stanley said "I told you... You have no choice. Now we pick up where we left off..."

Dacian said "Stanley...  Do I have to spell out an explanation for you? Fine... We have to be secretive about where we are and what we do... Enemies have been after my sister and I for years trying to kill us like how they killed our parents shortly after we were born... My sister was raised in a loveless home as part of a business deal... I was raised by my father's underbosses..... Our enemies almost succeeded in hunting me and my sister down and wiping us out... Things now have become out of control all of a sudden so this is the most crucial time of our lives... My sister and I are fighting for survival now... My sister and I are the only MacReynolds left."

Stanley said "I am aware... As the head of Reynolds family you give all the orders... I hold you personally responsible...  Why did you order your men to not respond to me? You know I love your sister...""

Dacian said "Stanley ... We need to talk about this later... I need to sort out the business side of things .... I need to make some business deals... I have to sign many deals in the next few days to secure the future of my family or rather whatever is left of it... I do not need you crashing on me and my sister while we try to get our lives back on track..."

Stanley walked closer to him "Dacian... You cant avoid my questions.... You will answer to me for hiding Dani from me today.... I had to pull so many favours to locate your hospital... I had to go to my uncle... My mother's brother Wyatt Whelan to help me locate you.... I hate him like hell.... So dont you dare push my buttons because I am this close to kicking your backside..."

Dacian said "Stanley... You need to leave our family be..."

Stanley said "I have never given you a reason to not want me near you or your sister... I love your sister unconditionally..."

Dacian said "Its not about love and you know it... You are an Allistaire... I dont want my sister to have anything to do with you... Your family are blood thirsty... For heavens sake the most humane way they kill people is by breaking every single bone in their bodies over days and beating them to death to end their agony in the end. Your family is cruel and crazy... Why would I want my fifteen year old baby sister to have anything to do with you?"

Stanley said "My family are cruel and sadistic in the most crazy ways... I do not deny it... But remember your family got extinct for being too diplomatic and forgiving... Too much lenience doesn't have a good ending.... Look how it worked out for them..."

Dacian said "Dont talk about my family... Stanley... You are just here to taunt me or you are here to bash me up and finish the job that mercenary who shot me the other day started? I am lucky his bullet did not kill me... He missed... So which one is it? Why are you here?"

Stanley said "I would like to kick your backside for what you did... But that can wait.... I am here for your sister..."

Dacian asked "What makes you think you can just have my sister? I don't want my sister near you... I don't want her to get hurt..."

Stanley said "I would never hurt your sister... I will protect your sister with my life..."

Dacian said "You can protect my sister... I have no doubt. But can you protect her from you? You have Alistaire blood. I don't want her to be associated with you... Your family are crazy blood thirsty demons... They go back generations..."

Stanley said "Dacian ... I am not here to hear you analyse my family... I am here for her. Where is Dani? Where is she?"

Dacian said "Stay away from us... We don't want anything to do with you and your family. Your kind are not our kind..."

Stanley said "Dacian... Tell me where she is. I am losing my patience with you..." He then grabbed the collar of Dacian's neck "Tell me or I will beat it out of you... You keep reminding me I am an Alistair... Maybe I will act like one and start breaking your bones one by one to get started... What should I break first..."

Just then the door opened and a voice came "Hi... Oh my god... What is this? Are you mad Stanley? Let go of him..."

Stanley immediately let Dacian go and turned to look at his girl "Dani..."

Dani soundly closed the door and snapped "Do I want to know what you were doing? What did I just walk into?" She walked towards the boys.

Dacian said "He was just leaving..."

Stanley turned to Dacian and took a step towards him.

Dani walked in between them "Stanley... Don't ... Dont start with my brother... He is not in a condition to fight you..." She then turned to her brother "Dacian get back to bed and rest ... You should not be out of bed... I talked to the doctors. They said you should stay so they run some tests to make sure all is well... You get discharged most likely tomorrow morning..." She then turned to Stanley "You better not hurt him. He needs to be in one piece to attend business meetings tomorrow..."

Stanley asked "I know who he is signing deals with. He doesn't need to. Dacian needs to withdraw from any deals with those people tomorrow... I have heard all about the deal... It's a huge mistake..."

Dani said "You being here is a mistake Stanley. Leave..."

Dacian said "That's what I told him. He is unwelcome here..."

Stanley looked past Dani and gave Dacian a deadly look "I will show you unwelcome..." He then tried to walk past Dani and grab Dacian, when Dani put her hands up "Stop it... Stanley... Just tell me what you want ... What are you trying to achieve by being here? I wrote you a letter and explained everything... If you have heard about the numerous deals we have to make with different families to secure our family's future stability then you know that me and my brother are in the middle of some crisis here... The next few days are crucial for us, the only members of the McReynolds crime family who are alive..."

Dacian said "Yes... Stanley you need to leave... I want you out of here... I can call the bodyguards outside to kick you out... I dont want you near my sister... Once this crisis is over I will order her to date and marry someone else... Anyone but you... I can order her to stay away from you as the head of family... I will..."

Dani gulped. Stanley looked like he was ready to kill her brother.

Stanley said "Thats it... I need to beat the hell out of you now..."

Dani watched in horror as Stanley side stepped her attacking her brother.

Dani quickly said "Stanley... Stanley..." She grabbed his arm and blocked his path "Please stop... He is recovering from his injury ... Damn it..."

Stanley only stopped for her as he felt her lips on his.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 7.8K 42
Annalyse never had friends in her school. You ask why? She avoided them because she's so afraid that her father will know and everyone hates her. So...
1.8K 3 10
[Book one] Riley Quinn, A 18 year old girl starts a new school in New York. Although she's never taken a fancy with the boys, one catches her eye. S...
146K 2.6K 62
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢�...
612K 12.8K 39
18+ mafia romance She is a daughter of the American Gang leader, a girl that can seduce and kill. But her secrets are bigger than anyone can imagine...