Linstead - Always

By erinjay4ever

They once promised to always have each other's back but destiny does not always go as planned. Now almost fou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 27

189 9 3
By erinjay4ever

Chapter 27: True or false

"Your life is a blessing. Accept that. It doesn't matter if it's screwed or suffering. Some things will unfold as if it were destiny."
- Grey's Anatomy

The night was far from over, with Charlotte sleeping a little earlier than her usual time, Erin and Jay's conversation didn't end that late, even though it was long.

The future sergeant was happy with the conversation, he wanted clean dishes with Erin, he wanted her to trust him and let him in. Deep down, he knew what he was feeling, but he wasn't ready to admit it, not when it wasn't fair to Charlotte, not when they were going to be gone in 4 months. He wouldn't ask her to stay, that would be very selfish of him.

Both of their emotions were running high since they met again. The simple fact that they never stopped loving each other and knowing that no matter how much they made mistakes, they both forgave each other, was the main reason why they still got along so well, they still had the same feeling they had years ago, as she said, it seemed like nothing had changed between them.

It just changed.

Jay, oddly enough wasn't mad at Hailey, he doesn't think she told Erin on purpose, she's been going through a lot lately and is overwhelmed, that's why she's acting so strange, but a phrase he heard his therapist years ago was his faithful henchman "solve your problems and don't leave any loose ends", the phrase was followed by the woman's explanation and he remembered everything that was said. He can't leave loose ends, as this ends up hurting him and the people he loves, he needs to put an end to his love relationship with Hailey.

He was grateful that she responded to his message wanting to talk and saying that he could stop by her house, even though he was tired, he wanted to resolve this, he wanted to let Hailey know his thoughts and be able to sleep without this weight on his back. .

Since what happened with Hank, Hailey looked different, her whole face changed and he was very worried about her.

-Hey...-he smiles gently as he enters her apartment.

- Hi... - she says and smiles at him. - I'm so glad you came. -she approaches and hugs him tightly, showing her point. - I missed you. - She holds him tight, as if she let go she would lose him again. Jay returned the hug, but not as strong as her and when it seemed like she wouldn't let go of him he pulled away.

-Hailey...-he manages to pull her away enough to look into her eyes, but she doesn't let go, she's not ready yet.

- We can resolve the marriage quickly, we can get married at the registry office, we will only need to issue the certificate and in two days we can resolve it. -Her eyes are watery, but the sparkle is also from the excitement of being about to marry Jay.

- Hailey, we're not getting married. - without further ado he says and the way she pulls away and lets go of his arms, it was as if she had been stabbed in the stomach, she wasn't expecting it, she expected that as soon as he returned from his trip, he would return to her, they would get back together. - We don't need to get married to resolve this and I don't think a marriage should be just about not witnessing it.

-But that's not all Jay...-she quickly finds his voice. - I love you, I want to be with you forever and I know you love me too. I know I failed you, but I regret it, you need to give me a chance to make you trust me again, please. -The tears run down her face and her voice sounds almost desperate, she couldn't lose him, she couldn't. - See our marriage as a fresh start for both of us. We deserve this, we deserve to start over. It won't just be because you can't witness it, it will be for us, for everything we've faced and overcome together.

- Hailey, marriage is not like that, it cannot be the restart of something that is broken. We're not even together and...

- We were taking a break, I promise you that I will be better, I will deserve you and we will...

- Hailey! - Jay walks away completely, walking around the apartment running his hand through his hair as he thinks about the best way to end it without hurting her, when he looks at her, he knows there's no way, so he gets straight to the point, trying his best to filter himself with the words. - Listen, we're not getting married. I'm not ready for this... - he holds her face. - We are not ready for this. This whole thing that happened was crazy Hailey, but we hadn't been working out since before. Our friendship and partnership is no longer the same, we butt heads and you need help right now, not a relationship. I won't abandon you, but we'll just be friends.

- Jay... - She wanted to play the Erin card. I wanted to say that it's all because of her, but she wouldn't do it, no matter how hurt she was, she knew deep down that it shouldn't be like that, but the biggest reason that stopped her from bringing Erin into the conversation was the fear of what he would say to her. respect. - I don't want to finish, I...

- Hailey, I'm sorry, but I don't want to give you false hope. We're not going to work out and...

Her tears burst, she gasps for air as she cries, and Jay interrupts her words to calm her.

- Hailey...

- I can't be alone, I can't. Please don't do this to me Jay.

- I won't leave you alone. I'll always be here whenever you need me, but we can't go on as a couple. - he holds her to face him. - I'm here, I'm your partner and I'm your friend. -he was going to say he loved her too but at that moment he didn't want to send mixed signals or give false hope. He loved her as a friend, not as a girlfriend and after everything he realized that she never came to love like that and never would.

Even though he tried to soften her words, it seemed to get worse and worse, as Hailey simply started having a panic attack.

- Hailey, look at me. Breathe... together with me. - Jay starts breathing lightly and slowly so that she can follow him and to his relief after a few minutes she manages to stabilize.

...

After the episode with Hailey, the rest of the week for Jay was troubled, he tried to get Hailey to see a psychologist, but she refused, saying that it would become a bigger problem if she did and that it would only make things worse and that she wanted pull yourself together.

If you ask, his favorite moments were when he was with Charlotte and Lindsay. He created a connection with the girl that he couldn't explain and simply knew that no matter what happened in the next 4 months, he wouldn't be losing touch with her and Lindsay again.

- What you want to eat? - Jay just arrived at Hank's house and it was strange staying at his boss's house, but he was determined to get used to it if it meant more time with the girls.

This would be the first night that Jay would be alone with Charlotte. It had been a few days since Erin's conversation with Hank and she had avoided going to visit him at the hospital. She always called to see how he was, but she still wasn't ready to deal with him and so after work Jay went with her to pick up Charlotte.

- Pancake. - Jay smiles at this, earlier he made them pancake breakfast, the first time they had breakfast together and neither of them commented on it.

- Pancakes only for breakfast and we can't have them every day either, but how about you help me make vegetables and chicken? - Jay says with an animation that is not reciprocated by the child. - Come on, I promise it will be delicious. - he laughs when the girl grimaces and shakes her head. - You're just like your mother, you know that? - Jay laughs and walks to the kitchen.

...

Erin didn't go straight to Hank's room, Ian found her first.

- I haven't seen you here for a long time, is work busy? - he smiles, leaving the clipboard on the counter and looking at Erin.

- Something like. - he gives a half smile, not wanting to give details to the man. - How is he?

- Doing very well. There is still a long process ahead of him, but I believe he will soon be able to go to the bathroom without needing the bags. - Doctor Salvatore informs.

- I'm happy for that. - a truer smile this time, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

- You know, he's dying to see you. I don't know what happened between you, but definitely, him cooperating in physiotherapy is thanks to you. He said he didn't want to give you any more reasons to be mad. - Erin laughs and Salvatore laughs when he sees her first smile with dimples, she was so beautiful, he thinks.

- I'll talk to him, but then can we talk? - she asks, moving away a little but stopping while waiting for an answer.

- I will be here. - he winks and smiles at her.

Ian was a handsome man and just one wink from him would make women melt, maybe Lindsay would realize that or that he was trying something more with her if she didn't already have too much on her mind and especially, that the man she loved couldn't be hers.

- Hi... - sneaking in after two knocks on the door, the woman observes Voight, looking much better since last time.

- Erin... - Voight smiles like a child on Christmas morning. - Glad you came. - his excited words make her feel like the worst human being in the world. He was in the hospital and it took her almost a whole week to go see him just because she was angry. - Forgive me for...

- Let's not talk about that. - she quickly interrupts him. - I shouldn't have stopped coming all these days. I'm sorry. - he shakes his head ready to respond, but she doesn't let him speak. - It's a good thing I didn't come because it gave me time to think.

- Erin... - his hoarse voice comes out with a tone of fear, fear that she won't visit him anymore.

- I don't want to talk to you about my personal life, about what I am or am not doing and you can even try to ask, I won't answer you. You can ask how Charlotte is, but not with whom and I don't want to answer that means yes, sometimes she will be in Jay's care and I don't feel like telling you when she will or won't be with him, so you You can't ask. And it's okay about work if you want to ask, but I don't want to stop coming to see you, coming to help you with your recovery.

- So you arrived at the exact moment. I was going to physical therapy now. - he doesn't deny her request, but he doesn't agree either, but Erin sees it as agreement, with the simple fact that he talks about his recovery and nothing more.

...

- Your ribs are starting to give you a break, huh? - Erin smiles when she sees that he was able to walk.

- Yes, soon I'll be able to use the bathroom alone. -she says happily. He was very angry inside, but he knew that no one other than whoever planted that damn bomb was to blame, so he avoided being rude to the people who helped him as much as possible.

- Yes, the way you're going, I think I'll recommend that they take the bags off tonight and you can try tomorrow morning. What do you think? - not surprising, the sergeant just nods with a hard look. He may not be rude, but his look and his few words were permanent, except when it came to Erin.

- That's great, Hank. - Erin smiles excitedly and helps him get back into bed.

- When are you going to bring Charlotte? I wanted to see her.

- She's a little scared about the hospital and everything and I think you with all these bands and devices would scare her...

- True.

- But you're doing well, so I promise that as soon as you go to the bathroom alone I'll bring her. Those gadgets will be gone and I can tell you are trying out a mummy costume for Halloween. - everyone, including Ian and a nurse who was helping, laughs.

...

After Hank got settled, Ian explained the next day's routine before leaving them alone. Erin updated how her first week was going and how the cases didn't last long enough to require overtime. Clearly she hid how the day before they had to stay late and it was Jay who picked the girl up from daycare.

- Hi... - she approaches Ian who was talking to a nurse.

- I'll take a look. Thanks. -he finishes with the woman and turns to Erin. - Hey...

- We can talk later, if you're busy. - he says awkwardly.

- No, I told you I was going to take a break. - he warns and Erin nods. - Want a coffee? - he asks and she nods.

- This truck is the doctors' salvation, I think I'll ask it to park in front of the district. - Erin says as they sit on the same bench as last time.

- Hey, you can't do that to doctors. This is how we survive. - he jokes and she laughs.

- Okay, you're right. If I were patient I would never want to eat what they offer there again. - he laughs and takes a sip of his drink. They sit in silence for a while, Ian pondering his next words.

- I think this cafe and this stool will become our thing. - he says in a lower voice, looking at her.

- What? - Erin asks without having understood him very well.

- We did the same thing last time. Same cafe, same bench. - explains.

- Oh, true. - he smiles gently. - I hadn't noticed. - Erin doesn't care as much as Ian does. For her it was a coincidence, for him it could become their thing. - Well, I wanted to talk to you about Hank. How do you think his progress is going?

- Very good actually. If he continues to contribute like this, I think that in two weeks he will be ready to go home. We just want to make sure the ribs are good so he can do the minimum at home, so it doesn't overwhelm you or stress him out, I know he will reject a nurse at home.

- Yes. - Erin smiles, knowing he will fight about it. - It's good that he knows he needs to improve before coming back then. - she says and the man nods.

-He is helping, whatever you have done is helping.

- Just a little way of saying it. - she jokes.

- I imagine, if it were me I would also do what you said. - he says, lost in thought, without even paying attention to what he just said, but Erin's changing face made him touch himself. - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem offensive. - he begins and Erin becomes nervous under his gaze as he stutters. - I wanted to say that you have a way with words and that I would too.

- Actually, I wasn't kind. I threatened him. - She changes the subject, laughing awkwardly.

- Well, then you have both, because I didn't want to pay to see your threat. - he tries to lighten the subject and succeeds.

- Good. Thanks for looking after him. It means a lot and you do a really good job. It is remarkable how he is already evolving in such a short time.

Ian doesn't say anything, especially because he doesn't want to be thanked for doing his job. And even though he is an excellent professional and always wants to see the good in his patients, for the first time his selfish side would like Hank not to improve so quickly, so he would spend as much time with her, but as he is not a scoundrel He knows he will have to ask her out before Hank stops being his patient, but in that case he would have to be patient and wait for her to return the signals. For now, she seemed to see him as just her father's doctor, or whatever they are.

- Thank you again. I gotta go. - Erin says getting up.

- Go home? - he scolds himself for asking, he wasn't a sociopath, that question was a bit strange for a doctor to ask.

- Yes, Charlotte is waiting for me. -Erin didn't seem to mind as she answered him and finished her coffee.

- Yes. Well, I have 5 minutes free, I'll walk you to the car. -she says, getting up to throw the disposable cups in the trash.

- No need, but thank you. - Erin says and he wanted to insist, but he didn't want to scare her, so he nods and they say goodbye.

...

It wasn't like Ian was a blatant flirt, Erin didn't think he'd be interested in her. Not when she was dealing with the team, cases, Voight, her daughter and her feelings for Jay that wanted out. She berated herself every day. But it was difficult, especially today when she left him at Voight's house with Charlotte before heading to the hospital. He seemed to have adapted so well to this routine.

Jay told her about the conversation he had with Hailey after leaving her house and she didn't want to think that he was being honest trying to make up for him not telling her about Abby years ago, but the difference is that back then they were together and now he wasn't. owed her no satisfaction, but she was grateful, as she didn't want to be confused trying to understand what was happening.

She also no longer argued when he showed up early in the morning with breakfast or some excuse he made up to see them in the morning. Earlier today he made pancakes and seeing his daughter falling in love with the food reminded her of the past. When Jay did it on the days he spent in her apartment or she in his. Memories she had after they moved in together where she thought about their future together. On their son asking for daddy's pancake.

No, no, don't go there Erin. She scolds herself. It was just pancakes. Just. She gets out of the car ready to let her daughter get those thoughts out of her head, but it's impossible with the scene she sees as soon as she enters the house.

Jay is sitting on the floor leaning on the sofa while one hand holds a book that she imagines is for the test and the other hand rests on Charlotte's back who is sleeping in an uncomfortable way with her head on his shoulder and her feathers on her back. sides.

Erin slowly walks towards them and her vision improves even more and her legs shake when she sees Jay with glasses. Holy crap. She had completely forgotten that he used them to read and the problem with that was that she always teased him when she saw him with glasses and that most of the time the teasing led to them both being naked, sweaty and sated.

- Mercy, Erin. - Jay is startled when he opens his eyes and sees Erin standing in front of him. He felt her presence staring at him.

- I'm sorry. - his voice helps her compose herself and damn it. She should have taken a photo instead of thinking sinful thoughts. - I'll take her to bed.

- Okay, I'll organize it down here.

-Hey doll...-Erin whispers pulling her daughter from Jay's strong arms into hers. Charlotte grumbles but doesn't wake up and snuggles into her mother's arms. - I love you. -she whispers again as soon as she leaves the girl on the bed and kisses her forehead before leaving the room.

Erin goes downstairs noticing the room back to organization. Jay's materials are in the backpack on the couch, Charlotte's toys are in the trunk and Jay was standing there waiting for her.

- I'm not surprised that you can be so fast. - she says, thanking the heavens that he took off his glasses. She doesn't know if she would keep her sanity if he still wore them. Does he remember those moments? She wonders.

- It wasn't that messy. -she says smiling. - I'm sorry, I should have put her to bed, I just...

- Everything is fine. I appreciate you staying here with her.

- It was good. - he smiled. - So, I appreciate you leaving. Plus, you have an excellent helper in the kitchen.

- You cooked? - she asks in surprise.

- Yes, I think you've had to ask for it to be delivered, right? And by the way, who taught your daughter to like vegetables? - he asks laughing. -At first she made a face I thought she didn't like it, but when she was ready she ate everything that was on the plate and asked for more.

-I did...-she says awkwardly, but with a proud smile of herself.

- You? Did Erin Lindsay Teach Her Daughter How to Eat Healthy?

- Don't look so shocked, Halstead.

- Well, the Erin Lindsay I knew fought when I forced her to eat salad. What happened? - he laughs in surprise.

- I became a mother. - she laughs. - Things change, we have to set an example. And I may have learned a thing or two from you. - She shrugs but still smiling.

- So that means you cook? - eyebrows raised even more surprised.

- You offend me by being so shocked. - she approaches.

- Well, I had to come a long way for you to eat well.

- And you won. I had to use your instructions to raise my daughter well. So thank you for that.

- You're welcome. It is an honor. - he says really proud.

They both hated feelings, they decided. Did they hate memories and hate the past? Why did everything feel so wrong now?

- I'm going, I have to finish at least a few more hours of studying before bed. - he puts the backpack on his back, wanting to get out as quickly as possible. - Oh and I left some food for you, it's in the microwave. - he tells her and she thanks him.

- I will never be able to thank you enough for what you are doing for me and my daughter.

- It's good then that you don't need to thank me. - he smiles, letting you know once again that he doesn't need to be thanked. She opens the door for him and they both stop in the doorway. - How is Voight?

- He is well. Getting better every day and trying to be nice to the nurses and doctors.

- I think this will be more difficult than recovery. - they both laugh. - Good evening, Erin. - taking an uncertain step Erin approaches and hugs Jay.

- Good night, Jay. - She pulls away and looks at him. He doesn't say anything as he walks out the door. She watches him get into the car and leave saying goodbye, flashing the headlights so as not to use the horn and wake Charlotte.

As soon as she closes the door she braces herself and lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. The smell of Jay's perfume messed with her senses even more. If she was greeted with that scene every night, God help her because she will need a lot of self-control.

...

Hailey was calmer during the week, trying to deal with everything that was happening in her life. But she was sick, she was having nausea and a lot of nausea. She didn't say anything to Jay because she didn't want him to force her to go to the hospital, she knew it was just all the stress she was going through.

She was holding back as much as she could, she didn't want to be those women who talked bad about others to make themselves feel better or fight over relationships, but she won't lie that it hurt her to see Jay's closeness to Erin. They had been doing everything together lately.

She was about to get out of the car when Erin's Escalade pulls into the district garage and she decides it's best not to and so watches.

Erin gets out of the car and Jay gets out of the passenger side and it's these things that Hailey gets upset about. Jay had a GMC and Erin had her own car, why did they have to use the same one? Why did they arrive at work together? Erin wasn't going through any problems, but apparently, that didn't bother Jay in any way, he wanted to be there with Erin.

Hailey doesn't know what they're talking about, but they're both laughing and Erin hits Jay on the shoulder pretending she's offended. The way Jay has completely changed since she came back. He even seemed happier. Always smiling and talkative, different from what he normally was. She shivers and closes her eyes when she sees his hands going to her waist to guide her inside. In Hailey's opinion, a completely unnecessary gesture.

- It was very good, you really improved yourself. -Erin says and while Jay sits at her table.

- Now you're going to have to cook for me, I need to know if you really learned.

- Wait and see Halstead. - She laughs and enters the office.

Hearing the end of their conversation did something in Hailey's stomach, as she immediately ran to the bathroom.

- Hailey. - Jay sees her passing straight by with hurried steps and becomes worried and follows her. - Hailey, are you okay? - he asks, entering and seeing her next to a trash can.

- Just a little sick.

- You need a doctor, you don't look well. - he says and looks at her.

- Jay... - she looks at him, she thinks about saying what is going through her mind, but she doesn't have the courage. Not until you're sure. - Can you meet me at my house later? I'll explain everything there.

- I...

- Please. - She looks at him. - I need to be alone now.

...

Jay spends the day worried about Hailey. He can barely concentrate on work. He knows there's something going on with Hailey, but he has no idea what it is, he just hopes she's not doing anything harmful to her health.

- Can you meet me in a few minutes? - Hailey takes him out of his thoughts.

-I need to pick up Charlotte from daycare, Erin is going to visit Voight, but as soon as she arrives I'll stop by her house, okay?

- All good. - She bites her lip. If she was holding back from saying anything about Lindsay, she obviously wasn't going to mention Charlotte.

...

Just as they ended up getting used to it, Erin and Jay go to the daycare to pick her up. She is happy and runs into her mother's arms and then hugs Jay. He was starting to like this.

- You're going to stay with Jay again today, I promise I'll be there in time to put you to sleep, okay?

- Yes mom. -she says smiling.

Erin decided not to tell Jay, but this morning Erin asked her what she thought about staying with Jay and the girl loved it. She said they cooked, played and even studied with him. Erin was happy to hear how excited her daughter was about him, but she didn't share it, as every day she became more and more worried about their closeness.

...

Whatever it was, it was already too late, no one prepares you for what Erin finds on the second night that leaves Jay in charge of her daughter.

She was very happy to see that Hank had improved and was now using the bathroom on his own. She chatted a little with Ian, but was in a hurry because she wanted to fulfill the promise she made to the girl. She was excited for what she would find, but Jay with the crown, eye shadow and pink lipstick was certainly far from what she imagined.

Jay is next to Charlotte who is dressed as Rapunzel while they both dance without any rhythm to the song "When will my life begin?" from the movie Tangled that was playing on TV. Jay looks lost and Erin bets that the intelligence detective she was supposed to be studying for her sergeant's exam never saw that movie, but with his effort to dance (or move her body) Charlotte was happy for his effort.

Erin had barely opened the door, so without making any noise she takes out her cell phone, because without a shadow of a doubt, she wouldn't let this moment pass.

- Sorry to interrupt... - Erin says pausing the video with a smile from ear to ear.

- Mommyyyyy... - the girl shoots for her mother's arm.

- Erin... - Jay stops and looks embarrassed, he certainly doesn't look presentable, little does he know that this would undoubtedly be the sexiest way Erin has ever seen him.

- Apparently they were having fun.

- Yes, me and Jay were dancing. I'm Rapunzel mommy.

- I see. - Erin smiles and kisses her daughter's forehead. - Is Jay Rapunzel? -she teases with a raised eyebrow.

- Yes, but there's no dress for him, but I did Rapunzel's makeup. Did you like it?

- I loved it, he's beautiful. - Erin smiles at him. - But now it's time to give Jay a hug and let's go to sleep, okay? - impressively the girl nods. Erin sets her down and watches her run into Jay's arms.

- Good night, Jay. - he picks her up and she kisses him on the cheek.

- Good night princess. - the nickname has never made so much sense now.

- Will you stay with me tomorrow? We can watch Frozen!

- I don't know... we'll see. - he smiles at her when he sees her a little sad at the thought of not seeing him the next day. - Now go with mom. - He kisses her forehead. - Goodnight. - he says once again as he puts her down.

- Good night, Jay. - she says, taking her mother's hand and saying goodbye with the other.

- I'll be right back. - Erin whispers.

- I will be here. she-she promises as she watches them walk up the stairs.

...

Erin changed her daughter's clothes. The princesses' pajamas were obviously the choice of the night.

- Did you have fun? - Erin says directing the girl to the bed.

- Yes... - Charlie rubs her eyes and yawns, but when Erin pulls her to bed she wraps her little legs around her mother.

- Do you want to sleep on my lap? -she asks, snuggling her more in her arms.

- Mom sings. - she asks in a sleepy voice and Erin smiles. Apparently her daughter was musical today.

- Do you want the princess music? -she asks, pulling a light blanket over her daughter's body to cradle her.

- No... sunshine. - she asks.

Erin doesn't take long to obey and begins to sway from side to side.

- You are my sunshine, my only sunshine... you make me happy...

Jay, who had reorganized the room, went up to the bathroom to remove his makeup. He was about to go downstairs when he heard Erin's voice. She sings? He wonders. Erin didn't have the best singing voice, but apparently she gained that after becoming a mother, because the song came out like a beautiful melody from her lips. The man slowly approached the room and watched her rocking the girl in her arms from side to side as she sang. This scene was able to affect all of the man's senses.

...

- Well, you are an excellent princess, you tired her and she fell asleep in an instant. - Erin says at the bottom of the steps, finding Jay once again waiting for her.

- I think it was more like his soft voice putting her into a deep sleep. -she says, getting up from the sofa.

- You heard? -she says awkwardly. No one but her daughter saw this side of her. Unless they were in the car listening to music on the radio, but they were still different situations, this Erin was special to her daughter.

- Yes, I wasn't snooping, I just went to take off my makeup. You are very good. - he smiles at her.

- Thanks. -she says a little shyly and decides to change the subject. - But why did you take off your makeup? I think pink suits you super. - provokes.

- Me too, she tried lilac, but I think my fur tone adapted better with pink. - he says as if it were very serious and then they both burst into laughter.

- Thank you for that, she didn't stop talking about it until she fell asleep. You made her day.

- I think she was the one who made mine. I didn't imagine that I would spend a Thursday dancing to Tangled in princess makeup, but she made a little face...

- Bright eyes, a pout and a "please" in a sly voice that no one can resist.

- Exactly, that's a danger.

- Wait until she starts the attack of kisses or the crying voice with her little hands together begging.

- Oh God, I need more powerful weapons for this. - he laughs.

- It's detective, nothing will stop a 3 year old child. - more laughter and they remain silent for a while. - You're being amazing with everything. I don't think I would have ever imagined a scene like today. - it was better than she could imagine.

- Me neither. - he smiles and this time they both have melancholic smiles, but Jay won't get attached to that. - I made dinner, it's in the microwave. - warns.

- You know you don't need to cook, right?

- I know, but I discovered that Charlotte loves helping in the kitchen. - he speaks.

- Yes, she is quite a helper.

- Yes, you lost that position, she is an excellent helper.

- It's okay if I'm just going to have to stay as a taster. - she smile. - Do you want to stay and we can talk a little. -she discovered that she didn't want him to leave.

Jay hates the fact that he texted Hailey that she was already leaving. He just wanted to cancel and spend as much time with Erin as possible. He wanted to pretend this was their life for as long as possible, but he couldn't. He didn't have that family. He always had to remember that, because he always thought about what their home life would be like.

Jay imagined the wedding, he imagined his son and he imagined that scene, the perfect family that had been in his mind since the day he started dating Erin years ago, maybe even before, but what he didn't imagine was what he would find in her apartment. Hailey.

- Hailey?

-Bathroom...-her muffled voice rings in her ears as he walks there and finds her on the edge of the sink, eyes full of tears and a pregnancy test in her hand. - Jay... I'm pregnant.

"Often, bad news is so bad that when something good comes along, we tend to exaggerate it a little. Every cloud has a silver lining, but it's still a cloud. A cloud can mean a shower or a storm. So, accept the good days wherever you find them. Try to be positive. Try to remember that even when there is bad news, there is good news for someone."

- Grey's Anatomy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 542 35
A few weeks after Jay and Hailey confessed their feelings for each other, and after Hailey recovered from a scary incident. They were back at being p...
5.9K 59 17
Hailey Is trying to get away from her old life but it keeps coming back to her. Will she get away from her old life? Will she lose some of her close...
180K 3.5K 25
will you come back to me? always. ✧・゚:*✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧ jay halstead's life turns upside down when a case reunite...
20K 260 8
Hailey is back from New York. She and Jay are better than ever but one confession changes everything. Can they work it out or will it ruin everything...