Smiles Of The Heart (ON HOLD)

By fanaticwriterr

(๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ง ๐€๐ซ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ ๐ž ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ) Growing up in an environment filled with fail... More

Smiles Of The Heart
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one

Chapter seven

19.3K 1.4K 209
By fanaticwriterr

Chapter seven

Kiaan turned off the engine and hopped out of the car before making a beeline towards the house which was of his in-laws. He waited for a few minutes outside the door, hand hovering over the doorbell and lips pursed tight. As the bell rang, he didn't have to wait long before the door opened and he found his wife staring at him with shock written all over her face.

Well, he did land here unannounced.

"Kon hai darwaze par, Avi?" He heard his mother-in-law's voice which caused Avika to step aside to let him enter.

(Who's at the door, Avi?)

She stuttered cutely as she replied, "A-Aap hi dekh lo kon hai." He chuckled at her answer and it brought a frown on her face.

(Y-You see for yourself who it is.)

"Aree Kiaan, aao aao. Khade kyu ho beta, baith jao." Ishika came into view as he watched her wipe her hands with the loose end of her saree. She then hit her daughter who turned and looked at her mother, bewildered. "Khadi kya hai? Jaa jaake pani leke aa."

(Oh Kiaan, welcome. Why are you standing, sit down.) (Why are you standing here? Go and bring water for him.)

Avika made a bad face and left not before stomping her feet like a child. It was getting harder for him to control his laugh by each passing minute because of her antics. When she was out of their sight, Ishika smiled as she sat in front of him, "How are you doing? And how is Parulji doing?" She questioned softly.

Kiaan smiled, "Sab thik hai, mummy. Aap bataiye, aapki tabiyat kesi hai?" As he asked her the question, Avika walked back with a glass in her hand. She grumpily pushed it in his direction and he took it with an amused expression.

(Everyone is fine, mom. You tell, how is your health?)

"I am doing fine, beta." Kiaan nodded but his sole focus was on the person staring at him with a calculating gaze. He raised his brows at her and she narrowed her eyes before mouthing what are you doing here which only made his lips twitch.

He smirked slightly and looked away, ignoring her question, knowing it would piss her off and focused back on the person sitting in front of him. Ishika was already staring at him with a knowing look and he felt his ears turning red from being caught.

"Are you here to take Avika back?" There was a teasing tone in her statement and Kiaan only gave her an embarrassed smile. It was only one in the afternoon and instead of being in his office, he was here because he wanted to see his wife.

Kiaan knew she was going to return home today but she never mentioned the time and neither did she message him about any other information. He could've called her or messaged her but that didn't sit right with him, hence, the reason he landed here without telling her anything.

"I will get something for you to eat. Till then Avika will take you to her room and you can freshen up." He didn't get the chance to refuse her because she immediately stood up and left.

When his eyes went on Avika, she had an annoyed look on her face as she tapped her foot continuously. "Aap aa rahe hai ya aapko invitation doon?" She said sarcastically and he stood up from the couch before following her to her room.

(Are you coming or should I give you an invitation?)

As soon as he entered her room, he heard the door click shut which made him turn. Avika stomped towards him until she was close enough that he could see count her eyelashes. His breath stuttered and he balled his fists at his sides to stop himself from touching her. Her scent had already invaded his senses and he had no idea till how long he could stay civil.

"Why did you not tell me coming here?" She glowered at him and he couldn't stop his lips from turning up. It only made her madder. "Stop laughing!"

See, that is what he was talking about.

Kiaan merely shrugged, "I missed you, so I came here." He threw the truth out casually and watched as her demeanour shifted from being angry to stunned.

She blinked a few times and he merely kept staring at her, saying nothing. Eventually, Avika looked away and just as she took a step to the side, Kiaan also moved a step towards her, thinking she was leaving the room. She collided with him and he held her by her waist to prevent her from falling but that only resulted in his right leg getting tangled with her left one. With an 'oomph' he fell on the bed with her landing on top of him. She released a tiny yelp as she fell on him and his hold on her waist tightened.

Kiaan felt like it wasn't fair for her to look that pretty with her hair shielding them like a curtain. Her hands rested on his chest which clearly wasn't helping his already racing heart at all.

•ᴗ•

Avika felt like her heart would leap out of her chest any moment because of their proximity. She couldn't move a muscle even if her mind was screaming her to move but his tight grip on her waist made her immobile. The warmth that seeped into her skin through his hand was something she would never forget. She was also aware of his heart beating fast under her palm and it somewhat made her less nervous. So, he was affected too.

Unconsciously her right palm slid down his chest towards his stomach and she immediately felt his fingers digging into her waist. A low grunt left his mouth and she instantly shivered because she felt the sound in her whole body.

"Avika," He rasped, keeping her still above him.

She was breathing heavily and she shut her eyes when she felt him tucking her hair behind her ear. Her fingers curled over him and a stuttered gasp escaped her mouth when his left hand trailed up and rested on her upper back.

"A-aap—"

Whatever she was trying to say got stuck in her throat as he applied pressure on her upper back only for her to lose balance and press against him. She could feel everything. Every. Thing. And she knew he could as well from the groan that left his mouth. And—wait, he has abs?

"You have abs?" The question flew out of her mouth even before she could process it and she felt him vibrate beneath her as he chuckled.

"Aapko dekhna hai?" His voice was husky as he stared into her soul.

(You want to see?)

She drew her lower lip between her lips, not realising how torturing the act felt to her husband. Was she seriously contemplating his question?

"Agar main haa kahun toh?" She barely whispered the words before her world flipped and she landed on her back. Her breath hitched when she found him staring down at her with slightly dark eyes.

(What if I say yes?)

The moment felt too intimate and it didn't seem wrong when she reached up and caressed his left cheek. His jaw clenched under her touch before it seemed to relax.

"Aap mujhe maarna chahti hai?" He asked in a hoarse voice and she stilled.

(Do you want to kill me?)

Without thinking she withdrew her hand from his cheek and hit his chest, "Don't talk nonsense." She scowled and a grin broke out on his face nearly stealing her breath away.

He had a beautiful smile. Why hadn't she noticed it before? Was she too busy judging this man?

His smile lit up his whole face and his eyes sparkled as he gazed down at her. It made him look like a young boy who had just won something precious in his life.

Before either of them could say something else, they heard her name being called. Avika scrambled up and avoided any eye contact with the person in front of her while she fixed her dress and appearance. Her cheeks burned from embarrassment or maybe something else but she made sure to keep her eyes somewhere else than his face.

She cleared her throat before speaking, "Aap fresh hojaiye, tab tak main aapka khaana lekar aati hu." She didn't wait for his reply and ran out of the room.

(You freshen up, till then I'll get your food.)

•ᴗ•

Kiaan kept looking at his wife as he sat down on the dining table. He knew what happened in the room was not something she would appreciate given that she didn't want him touching her and that is what had exactly happened. His hands on her waist.

He had seen the way her eyes slightly darkened when he had pulled her closer; the way her breath came out in short puffs and the way her fingers curled over his chest. He noticed everything and wondered if she would have let him kiss her (cheeks, okay) if they would've stayed in that same position, hadn't her mother called her.

"Kiaan, why are you not eating? Do you need something?" He looked at his mother-in-law with startled eyes. With a forced smile, he shook his head in denial, "No no, I was just thinking about something." He lied before digging into his food.

Just then the door opened and he saw his father-in-law walking in the living room. The man came straight to where the three of them were and Kiaan smiled as he greeted him. It was lunch time as it is so he figured why the man was home.

"Aree Kiaan beta, kaise ho?" Nitish asked as he settled beside the chair next to him.

(Oh Kiaan, how are you?)

Kiaan only smiled as he replied, "Thik hu papa, aap bataiye." The two of them talked about random things for a few minutes but when his eyes went towards his wife, he found her movements stiff. The smile wiped off from her face and she looked rather annoyed or maybe angry.

(I am fine, Dad.)

Surprisingly, Ishika also seemed like she would rather be anywhere else than here. His brows pinched together and he felt confused. What was going on? Was he missing out on something?

He could no longer concentrate on what the man beside him was speaking because his sole attention was on the two women sitting there with sullen expressions.

When lunch was over, Kiaan watched as Avika stayed by her mother's side every time her father tried to talk to her. She seemed to be glaring at her father but that seemed absurd. Why would she glare at her own father? Eventually, Nitish gave up and left for work whereas the mother-daughter duo whispered something to each other.

"Avika, chale?" He asked her because he didn't want to assume that she would agree to leave with him if he would declare their departure.

(Avika, let's leave?)

He noticed that she looked hesitant and gave an unsure look to her mother. Seriously, something was wrong here. He waited patiently as the two hugged each other and Ishika smiled and said something to his wife which made her sigh and her shoulders sag.

The two walked towards him and Kiaan went ahead and touched Ishika's feet. "Aise hi milne aate raho, acha lagega." She said softly as he stood up after taking her blessings.

(Keep visiting us like this, it feels good.)

"Woh toh main aaunga lekin aap wada kijiye ki agar aapko aapki beti ki yaad aayi toh aap kabhi bhi humare yaha uss se milne aa jaaya karengi. Aayengi na aap?" The words were simple but the emotions behind them too strong because not everyone is this expressive yet here he was saying things that would make anyone emotional.

(That I will but you promise me that if you miss your daughter then you will visit her any time at our home. You will come, right?)

Ishika couldn't stop her eyes from tearing up as she heard her son-in-law say these words to her. It meant the world to her and she was so happy that her daughter had married such a humble and respected man.

She sniffed as she caressed his hair, "Aa jaungi." She whispered and his eyes softened at her state.

(I will.)

Kiaan felt his heart ache as he watched the woman in front of him so he stepped ahead and hugged her. "Agar aapko bhi kisi bhi cheez ki zarurat ho toh aapke paas ek beta bhi hai ab. Please aur iske aage kuch matt sochiyega." She was crying as he broke the hug and stepped back. Something flashed in her eyes as he said that but she said nothing in response, only nodded her head.

(If you also need anything at all then you now have a son as well. Please don't think anything beyond that fact.)

All this while, his focus was only on Ishika but when he turned to leave, he was rather taken aback when he watched his wife silently crying as well. She immediately turned and wiped her tears as if he just didn't notice her cheeks wet with her tears. He spoke nothing as they bid their final goodbyes to Ishika and walked out of the house. Something was definitely wrong and he had to find out.

Once they were in the car, Kiaan put on his seatbelt and looked over in Avika's direction. She seemed lost in her thoughts, so he unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned over her which caused her to gasp and lean back slightly. He made sure to avoid looking at her face as he secured her with the seatbelt. When he was done, he sat straight and the two of them remained silent for the next few moments until she broke it.

"Thank you for saying those things to my mother." She said softly and he stared at her.

"I didn't do it for you, honestly." The words seemed rude but his tone was sincere. "I did it for myself because she is my mother now as well."

Avika blinked her eyes several times which he realised was to stop her tears. He opened his mouth to say something but she beat him to it.

"Mujhe aapki help chahiye." She blurted out and he tilted his head in confusion.

(I need your help.)

I couldn't write more than this🥲 I'm sorry.

Also how many loved this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 13.7K 24
ใƒŸโ˜… "๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ" โ˜…ๅฝก Vaidehi Chauhan's dreams always started fr...
169K 5.6K 45
๐Ÿ”ž๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ÿ: ๐‰๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐๐€๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐Ž ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„๐Ÿ”ž ๐๐ƒ๐… ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐–๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐„ ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š (๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– ๐๐€๐†๐„๐’) ๐ˆ๐’ ๐€๐•๐€๐ˆ๐‹๐€๐๐‹๐„...
1.8M 79.8K 67
ส™แดแดแด‹ สŸแด€ษดษขแดœแด€ษขแด‡ ษช๊œฑ สœษชษดษขสŸษช๊œฑสœ (สœษชษดแด…ษช+แด‡ษดษขสŸษช๊œฑสœ) ๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’‹๐’๐’–๐’“๐’๐’†๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’† ๐’”๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’” ๐’˜๐’‰๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’† ๐’ƒ๏ฟฝ...
522K 25.7K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...