Chased by Life and Death

By Lillian2Gwen

"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
The End
Authors Note

Chapter 41

21 4 2
By Lillian2Gwen

Micah

I took the wet towel and placed it on her sweaty forehead. Minutes before Hunter had left me to his post so he could take a shower and sleep for an hour or two. Before he left for the bathroom, he hesitated but I reassured him that she will be okay with me.

Monica's condition hasn't improved but what am saying? She only got sick hours ago, so she couldn't have gotten better. Her body was still a mess. Bruises, cuts, broken bones. Hot anger raced through my veins, and I clenched my hands. I will kill them. I will fucking rip them apart. Jackson wouldn't let this happen. Okay, he is obsessed with Monica, they always fight and break their bones, but this is different.

She almost survived and now she is down with the flu. I'm sure Caiden is responsible for this. These things and I eyed the bracelets at her body, are the council's doing. My eyes snapped back at her as she turned in her sleep, murmuring something. I grabbed the edge of the blanket and covered her to her neck. "How's she?" Luke approached me with Ian on his trail. I shook my head.

"Still hasn't wake up. She must be very exhausted."

"What are you thinking?" Ian asked me. I gave him a snort. "Many things. How I will kill my father and the others. I'm fucking worried about her and the attacks." Luke rested his hand on my shoulder in comfort. "I believe in her."

"Us too," Logan said from behind us and I turned. He was leaning against the door with his eyes on Monica. "The others?" I asked.

"Ethan and Noah are in the kitchen and Hunter is sleeping."

"What are we going to do with these? Should we take them off?" Ian's hand moved to Monica's wrist. Suddenly, Monica started to cough, and Ian retrieved his hand back so quickly that he was shot with electricity. Monica's coughs echoed through the room but still, she didn't open her green eyes.

Footsteps and voices sounded down the hall and a second later Tristan appeared on the door. His breathing was fast like he was running, and he had black circles under his eyes. His panic was showing, and he came and sit beside me. "Why is she coughing? Did you give her a sirup for her sore throat? Maybe we have to call someone-"

"Tristan, calm down. She was beaten up, she's sick and has these things on her, so gave her a break." Parker said to him.

"And she's not a rock. She's still a human who can get sick." I added. He signed. "I'm so worried."

"We all are but let's give her space and go eat breakfast. You know that Monica wouldn't like it if we didn't eat or sleep." Logan spoke.

"He's right." Ian agreed and me and Tristan stood. We left slightly her door open and made our way to the kitchen. "Sit. The food is ready." Ethan said. I took my seat on the table and grabbed my fork. "All good?" Ethan asked us.

"So and so," Ian answered. "Hey." Blake walked inside and took his seat. Luke stared at Tristan. "You should take some sleep. You don't look well."

Tristan shrugged. "I will take a nap today and I will be okay." His head snapped up and I turned when Hunter and Mr. Aaron appeared in the doorway. Tristan stood. "Dad-" Aaron cut him with his hand.

"Please take a seat and I will explain what happened." They sat down and we waited. Eventually, he spoke. "If I had known what the council would do, I would have stopped it."

"What they did dad?" Tristan growled and Logan patted his shoulder.

"The council had warned Monica if she lose control again. Yesterday was supposed to be her punishment. Only. And please don't ask me why I let them beat her to punish her. Monica has ordered me not to interfere or you guys."

"Okay..." Blake trailed. We all know that if Monica gives us an order, we follow it or we are dead as the cockroach under her shoe.

"Monica came to the council and had a small talk with Caiden. I didn't know until Caiden brought Monica the subject of his plans."

"What plans?" Hunter asked.

"He knew that Monica would lose control, again. He and the council were preparing these rings like bracelets for her. They were supposed to prevent her from losing control or using a large amount of her power."

"I sense a but here," Ian exclaimed. Aaron gave him a small smile. "But these bracelets weakened her. A lot."

"So, they hurt her when she uses magic?" Noah asked. Aaron nodded.

"What if she loses control? What then?" Parker stares at him intently, waiting for an answer. Aaron found his gaze. "She will die."

"WHAT?!" Tristan shouted. My blood ran cold. "Dad, you already know that Monica loses her shit easily." He stood and put his hands on his head while pacing in the room. "I know. I tried to prevent her, but she didn't listen. After they put her the bracelets, Caiden sent me away to the battle. Today, while I was walking through the corridors of the council building, I heard two men talking about how they enjoyed the beating."

"Keep going," Logan said.

"I went to them and asked them. When they saw me, they paled, and I realized something was wrong. When I got some answers, I went to Jackson and asked him. He said that his dad had told him to leave. He didn't know that Monica will end up like this. After he heard what I told him, he ran while cursing his dad." So, Jackson wasn't there after all. I signed. "How do we take them off?"

He shook his head. "We can't. Even Monica can't break them."

"Then, what do we do?" Luke asked.

"You only have to keep an eye on her and at any costs protect her." Logan's eyes darkened as Aaron talked. "If Aiden founds that she's weak, she, you, all the world is dead."

"Okay. We will do everything we can, sir." Hunter spoke. Aaron nodded. We talked for some minutes while we ate our breakfast. At some time, the guys went to the living room and as I got up with Aaron, I approached him.

I lowered my voice, so the others didn't hear. "Tell me. Why Monica got sick? The real reason." He signed and scratched his neck. "I think Monica has a cold now. She has gotten sick at other times too. But expect from the flu she has; I believe there's something else."

My gut twisted. "What else?"

"I believe the bracelets are exhausting her and her body has started to fall." A shiver ran through me. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that her power is too much that her body at some point won't hold anymore. And think that she's not in her full power yet." I ran my hand through my hair. "Fuck."

Aaron rested a hand on my shoulder. "Everything will be okay. Believe me." Somewhere inside me, I knew that things would go very wrong from here on. I nodded and we made our way to the living room. Chaos had erupted. "The hell is she?"

"What is she doing here?" I walked to the guys and I stopped when I saw beside Blake a girl with short brown hair. She was pretty but something smelled rotten here. "Mmm sorry, but who are you?" I asked suspiciously. The girl smiled at me.

"This is Emma. A girl from my previous school and-" Blake spoke but she cut him. "Girlfriend. Am Blake's girlfriend. Nice to meet you all. Blake has told me a lot about you." Her voice was between cool and kind.

"Yes, but dear Blake what is your precious girlfriend doing here?" Hunter glared at him.

"I didn't know she was coming. Anyway, what are you doing here Emma?" Blake asked her and I saw the confusion in his eyes and something else. Was he annoyed? "I thought I could visit you. I missed you." She kissed him and his eyes showed his shock. I scowled. "Am staying for a week or so."

Hunter laughed. Like really laughed. He glared at her. "And where exactly are you going to stay?"

"Am sorry but we don't have any rooms available-" Aaron started to say.

"Oh, don't worry. Am sure Monica won't mind if I sleep in her room." She said and her smile fell when several growls came from us.

"You can't sleep in Monica's room. She's um sick." Luke explained politely but his anger was there. "Oh really? Am sorry I didn't know. I wish her to heal quickly. I like to be friends with her." Tristan snorted but she didn't hear him. "I can sleep in Blake's room. Right, Blake?" We all glared at Blake, but he shook his head. "Yeah, sure. Noah, you don't mind sleeping on the couch?"

Noah didn't answer him. Silence fell and Aaron broke it. "I forgot to say that you have a mission with Maddie's team."

"Mission?" Logan asked, his voice full of interest. "Yes. You have to travel to the Fae world and retrieve something. The details will be given to you by Lex and the others. You leave tomorrow."

"Wait, we can't leave," Noah spoke.

"Yes. We can't leave Monica here alone." Parker agreed.

"We can leave someone behind to keep an eye on her," Logan said skeptically. "I will stay," Noah said. "I will take care of her." We all stayed silent to process and decide if it was a good idea. I spoke first. "Okay, but you won't tell we are on a mission. Find an excuse if she wakes up because she will hunt us down."

He nodded. "I don't like this," Tristan said.

"Don't worry I will be here too." Emma interrupted. Tristan looked like he wanted to rip her apart. I gave him a look.

"It's settled. Then, I will take my leave. Boys remember what I told you." With that, he left us.

"Am so excited to learn about you-" Emma started but all of us scattered away with excuses. I hold back my laugh when I saw the others look. Blake took her to his room and I with Parker headed to Monica's room. She still was sleeping. I checked her forehead for any trace of fever. None. I signed in relief. I turned to Parker.

"I don't trust her. She feels off." He kissed her hand.

"Monica too. Neither I nor Noah. Also r. Aaron will be here too."

"We will see." We talked more. In the middle of the conversation, the guys came inside to check on Monica. As I looked at them, I thought that we had formed our own family and I was inside it too. And I told myself that I will protect it and keep it together no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 270 46
New town. New identity. Same crazy. I love it!!! (insert enthusiastic voice ) (cough, cough) Not!! I hate it. I hate having to to hide who I am. Bu...
89 1 22
From the second you're in this world they tell you what is fair. What questions your allowed to ask and the ones you can never dare say. I find it da...
18.3K 284 43
Four good girls looking for no trouble , get involved with four mischievous boys full of havoc finding interest in these girls as well as corrupting...
122K 3.3K 29
I left behind the scared girl I was. I didn't want to be her anymore, and standing up to those who bully is what I should have done from the beginnin...