πš πšŠπš—πš—πšŠ πš‹πšŽ πš’πš˜πšžπš›πšœ |...

By voidsoni

"Secrets I have held in my heart Are harder to hide than I thought Maybe I just wanna be yours ... More

cast/aesthetic
connor family drama
help from the pogues
mysterious boat
the hotel
course of stupidity
kegger fights
kegger aftermath
diver down
pogue god
the office
just a graze
hit the road
nightly shenanigans
ripped pants and tootsie rolls
message from Big John
dress shopping
virtual reality
girls stick together
kook party
relationship advice
golf fights
arrested
midsummers
midsummers pt.2
spitting cobra
peanut gallery
crain house
picking sides
full kook
a setup
being a good friend
the right thing
promises
liz's help
stressful and shit
pray
season 2 cast/aesthetic
stick n' poke
P4L
tickle the wire
murder weapon
trying to convince shoupe
the gun
to charleston
getting away

deny, deny, deny

299 10 0
By voidsoni

Kirsten watched as her friends argued.

The girl was beginning to grow agitated with all the yelling. It didn't help that John B, Luca and Evelynn weren't doing anything to help.

She knew she couldn't stop the other three from fighting on her own, and they just didn't seem to care.

"It's not there." John B sighs, "Look, just... just pull the drone up."

Thunder rumbled, the sound freaking Evelynn out. She had never been a fan of the rain, it didn't help that they were in the middle of the ocean, in fact, it made her even more nervous.

"Shit."

"Look, we can do another pass. recharge the battery.We can—we can go back down." Pope tried, his words getting different reactions.

Kirsten stood from her spot on the floor, walking towards the section where JJ stood.

"We've done it three times. There's nothing there."

"Shut up!" Kiara snapped, her sister glaring at her attitude.

"What? It's true!"

"Arguing won't make anything better!" Kirsten tried to speak, Pope pointing at her in agreement.

"The gold could be buried. We don't know."

"If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay? Somebody beat us to it." John B said.

It been silent for a moment, no one really knowing what to say. Some keeping their honest opinions to themselves, others just wanted to go home and forget they even came here. JJ happened to be feeling both,

"Or it was never there."

•••

After everything that happened with not finding the royal merchant, Kirsten had spent the rest of her day with Evelynn and Luca.

It was meant to just be a day with her best friend, but Luca didn't seem like he wanted to leave the girls side, which she wasn't really bothered about.

The group of three were on the front porch of Elizabeth Connor's house, the older woman more than happy to let them relax there, even offering to bake them cookies while they gossiped outside. She came by once in a while to check on them, sometimes giving input on whatever they were talking about.

"And, not only is my mom on my ass about midsummers— that reminds me, are you two still going together?"

"Yes." The pair nodded, confused on why they wouldn't be attending the event with one another. Sure, Evelynn's mom didn't approve, but her grandmother did, and that was enough for her to disobey the woman that gave her life.

"Right, anyway... the other day Kie literally came out as a hypocrite." Her hands moved around frantically as she spoke, which was a common occurrence any time she got worked up.

"Oh?" Evelynn pressed, smile present on her face as she was prepared to hear what happened.

"Uh- yeah. She tried to tell me that I couldn't have a crush on JJ because of the no pogue on pogue mackin' rule, when she actually kissed John B!"

"That is a bit hypocritical." The Connor girl nodded, hearing Luca chuckle into her shoulder.

"Thank God, i'm not a pogue."

Kirsten hummed, "Luckily you aren't. Kie would be down your throat on how you two shouldn't be in a relationship."

"Do you want to know what else I find weird?"

"What's that?" Evelynn asked, lifting her straw to her mouth, dimples showing as she sipped on her pink lemonade. She didn't notice the way Luca smiled at the dent in her cheek, holding himself back from poking at it.

She formed her hands into quotes, " 'Spiritually', or at heart, or whatever the hell my sister wants to call it, yeah we are pogues, but i'm actuality, we're kooks. So, it blows my freaking mind that this rule even applies to us!"

"Either way, kooks and pogues aren't really supposed to be together." Luca mumbled, tired eyes scanning the area in front of them.

"It's to protect the friendship." Evelynn reminded her.

"I'm well aware of that, Evelynn, thank you." The Carrera sighed, leaning her head back against the chair she sat on.

Luca lifted his head off his girlfriends shoulder, "I hate to be that person—"

"No, you don't."

"But maybe if you actually did more then stare at him every time you're around each other, you'd have more of a chance of being together."

"Wha—?"

"He's not wrong, Kirsten. Honestly, if I didn't know you and I saw you and JJ awkwardly standing next to each other in one hundred percent silence—"

"Okay." She dragged.

"I would also think that you guys were total strangers who knew not a single thing about each other, rather than best friends that are actually in love."

"Who's in love?"

Evelynn smiled at the sound of her grandmother's voice, turning to her with bright eyes, "JJ and Kirsten."

"JJ Maybank?"

"Yes, ma'am." Another voice cut in, the voice making Kirsten's heartbeat increase.

They turned to spot the boy in question walking up to them, Pope not too far behind.

"How're you doin', Lizzie?" He greeted the woman normally as if Pope was internally freaking out behind him.

"I'm alright, JJ. Would you all like some cookies?" The woman looked between the teens.

JJ placed a hand to his heart, "As much as we would love to, me and Pope actually came to get these three, if you don't mind."

"Oh, of course I don't mind." She waved a dismissive hand, walking back into the house, "Stay right there. I'll only be a minute."

They watched the woman walk off, JJ turned to Evelynn, "She's just the sweetest thing. What the hell happened to you?"

She rolled her eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"Rafe and Topper know." Pope blurred out.

Kirsten frowned, "Know what?"

"No way they know."

"Yes way they know." Pope unintentionally mocked, rubbing a stressed hand over his face.

"What do they know?" Kirsten cut in once more.

"They know I sunk his boat." He admitted, watching the way her eyes grew wide. Not only because of what he had just said, but because of Elizabeth standing at the door with wrapped cookies in her hand.

"Goodness, Evelynn."

The girl stammered in shock, "What did I do?"

"Are you alright, Pope?" Lizzie stepped forward, pressing a hand to the anxious teens forehead. Pope took her hand away gently,

"I'm alright, Mrs. Connor, thank you."

"Go on then." She shooed them, handing Luca the plate of cookies, kissing his cheek before doing the same to her granddaughter, "I didn't hear a thing, but I expect that Evelynn Rose will call me if any of you need help, yes?"

The girl nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

"Alright, then. Now run along, the last thing i need is for your mother to come over here yelling at your friends."

The teens stepped off the porch, waving goodbye to the older Connor woman, "And be back early, Midsummers is tomorrow!"

"Okay!"

•••

"We've got nothing to worry about, alright?" JJ whispered, "We'll enjoy this stupid ass movie and we'll move on, there's no need to panic."

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on." Kie gushed, walking a little ways ahead of them.

"I'm not." Evelynn groaned, waving the hand that wasn't holding Luca's around to scare away the mosquitoes, "Who's dumb ass thought it was bright idea to do outdoor movies?"

"Don't be a debbie downer, Evelynn Rose."

"Welcome - to the summer movie series."

"Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

Her sister squinted, not responding. Luca and Evelynn side eyeing the teen.

"Ecstatic." Pope said, voice showing clear sarcasm.

JJ cleared his throat, stepping behind Kirsten, "My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

"We're out of the green zone, man."

JJ's voice dropped to a whisper as he leant directly by Evelynn's ear to talk to Pope, "Dude, tranquilo, okay? We're in the middle of Kooklandia.

"This is the last place I wanted to be—"

"Shut up, Pope." Luca whispered harshly, not wanting alert anyone of the current conversation.

"Come with me?"

Evelynn and Kirsten glanced up at Kie's question, "Where?"

"To her a drink."

Kirsten sighed, removing her jacket from her lap. Evelynn simply scoffed, "No, go by yourself."

"Please, Ev." The twins begged.

"Girls stick together." JJ whispered to them, chuckling as the Connor shoved him away, grunting as she got up from her seat.

"Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis and a water, please?" Kie asked, smiling at the man.

The vendor nodded, "Sure."

"Hey, ladies."

Their heads snap to their left, narrowing their eyes as Rafe and Kelce walked up to them, the Cameron sporting a dark under eye and a busted lip.

Evelynn held back a smile.

"Hey, what's up?" Kelce followed, watching as Evelynn's smile fell at his presence.

"How are you?"

Kie, not wanting to cause any unnecessary problems, smiled politely at the two, "We're fine.

"Good, good. Um... Tell your boy that we know what he did." His blue eyes traveled from Kiara to her twin.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?"

"Uh, he'll know." Rafe nodded, stepping back as Kelce took his place.

"Hey, Ev."

"Bye, Kelce."

He walked in front of her as she turned around, "Wait, wait, wait, hold on. I wanna talk to you."

"I don't wanna talk to you, so move."

"Your mom sent me a picture of your dress, I can wait to see you tomorrow."

"Are you mentally challenged?" She scoffed, shoving him back a few steps, "We aren't going together."

"When you finally drop Luca and come to your senses, I just might not be there Evelynn. You would want to be a lot more nice to me."

"You're pathetic." She deadpanned, seeing from the corner of her eye as Kirsten mouthed a 'wow', grabbing her hand and pulling her away.

"Douche." Kie spoke under her breath, pausing in front of the three boys, passing them their drinks, pepsi for JJ and Pope and the water for Luca, "Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, 'Tell your boy that we know what he did'."

"And Kelce was there too." Evelynn sat down by her boyfriend, allowing him to wrap a protective arm over her shoulder, "Stupid fuck started talking about how i was his date to Midsummers."

Luca's jaw clenched, his head turning to look for the boy,

"Where are they?"

"Right there." Kirsten nodded her head in their direction.

"Great, the whole death squad." Pope muttered, gasping as JJ gripped the back of his head to turn him forward.

"Don't stare, bro." JJ told them, hand subconsciously gripping Kirsten, who sat next to him frozen in place. It genuinely seemed like he didn't realized he had grabbed her hand, "Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now."

"If that doesn't work, I got this right here. Yeah, yeah. So, we just gotta stay in the group. They can't get us in the group. Like a school of fish. Stay in the school. Can't leave the school."

"JJ, shut up."

"I'm sorry, JJ...Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids."

Kirsten head fell to her hands in panic, a low squeal falling for her lips as she began to worry.

"No! Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" JJ insisted before pointing to Luca's angry expression, "For the most part."

"Wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ."

"Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues." Kie started, looking over at her sister, "What is Rafe talking about?"

"Kie, it might go down tonight."

"What does that mean? 'Might go down tonight'." Kie repeated in disbelief, "What did y'all do?"

"Deny, deny, deny."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 153 12
*BOOK DISCONTINUED, ONLY COMPLETED S1.* '𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 π—π—ˆ 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍.' OUTER BANKS . FEM OC X RAFE CAMERON
42K 415 19
~*JJ Maybank x Y/n Routledge*~*Completed :)*~
56.1K 1.3K 52
π…πŽπŽπ‹'𝐒 π†πŽπ‹πƒ ❝𝙔𝙀π™ͺ'π™§π™š 𝙣𝙀𝙩 π™©π™π™š π™ π™žπ™£π™™ 𝙀𝙛 π™₯π™šπ™§π™¨π™€π™£ 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄'𝙒 𝙨π™ͺπ™₯π™₯π™€π™¨π™šπ™™ 𝙩𝙀 π™‘π™žπ™ π™š.❞ ❝𝙔𝙀π™ͺ 𝙠𝙣𝙀𝙬, 𝙄 𝙙𝙀�...